• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

It shouldn't be a problem. What error do you get? And are you using a real US address + zipcode + state combination?
Paypal is an option, although I have no experience with paying with PayPal on Xbox. There's a number of option to pay with PayPal:
  • You should be able to add a PayPal account to your Microsoft account at billing.microsoft.com. Make sure that it says "US personal profile" under your name.
  • Or you can add PayPal to your account via the US MicrosoftStore website. Log in with your e-mail of your gamertag, go to your profile and select "Payment". Here you can add PayPal account.
  • Alternatively you can also buy it directly from store.xbox.com and add a PayPal account during the checkout.
Thanks again. I generally use PayPal for Xbox purchases so I'll give it a go. If not I'll just use the CC.

Goretrail

Went out and snagged an xbox one this morning. Updated and all that jazz, popped in Ryse... and 45 minutes later it has installed to 2 percent...

So I guess today I will install Ryse, tommorow will be for installing Forza, the the day after Dead Rising. Cant wait to finally play a game on Thursday!

sangreal

Went out and snagged an xbox one this morning. Updated and all that jazz, popped in Ryse... and 45 minutes later it has installed to 2 percent...

So I guess today I will install Ryse, tommorow will be for installing Forza, the the day after Dead Rising. Cant wait to finally play a game on Thursday!

Ryse apparently takes forever to install from a disc, but FYI in case you don't know it downloads all the updates before install starts, so that is why it is only 2%. Ryse has a few multi-gb patches

statham

roofles. It'll go faster now that your at 2%, it downloads all the updates first before actually installing It believe.

derFeef

So none of the downloadable games have this "start before finished downloading/installing" feature ... I am kinda bummed about that.

Jarrod38

Could the age of your cable box prevent it from working with the Xbox One TV app? I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300hdc and I believe it's about 5 years old now. I know I have all the cables connected the right away but when setting it up I just get a blank screen.

Goretrail

I cannot play Peggle 2 while this installs, right? Really itching to mess up some pegs ( thankfully download speeds are good so I got that one downloaded quick before the Ryse installation).

Also I am doing the no internet install thing and things are going a lot better now, think I will get all three games installed from disc, then reboot and patch. Hoping it wont be too horribly long before I can play.

Oh, and if I cannot play peggle while installing, can I play peggle while patching the installs?

sangreal

I cannot play Peggle 2 while this installs, right? Really itching to mess up some pegs ( thankfully download speeds are good so I got that one downloaded quick before the Ryse installation).

Also I am doing the no internet install thing and things are going a lot better now, think I will get all three games installed from disc, then reboot and patch. Hoping it wont be too horribly long before I can play.

Oh, and if I cannot play peggle while installing, can I play peggle while patching the installs?

I don't own any disc games so I'm not 100% sure, but you can play other games while downloadable titles download/install/patch so I would think you can

biRdy

Should be able to, was playing Forza while I was installing Dead Rising

Chitown B

wow. I downloaded and installed 3 full games and one DL-only game (AC4, Forza, and BF4, and Killer Instinct) plus all my apps on Day One in about 10 hours. Either your internet sucks or your box has a problem.

Goretrail

wow. I downloaded and installed 3 full games and one DL-only game (AC4, Forza, and BF4, and Killer Instinct) plus all my apps on Day One in about 10 hours. Either your internet sucks or your box has a problem.

Its not THAT bad, lol. I pay for 12Mbps but realistically get 10-11Mbps.

Hindle

Banned
Is it possible Microsoft will introduce a subscription for the XBO, I mean you pay $40 up front then pay further payments per month?

It shouldn't be a problem. What error do you get? And are you using a real US address + zipcode + state combination?
Paypal is an option, although I have no experience with paying with PayPal on Xbox. There's a number of option to pay with PayPal:
  • You should be able to add a PayPal account to your Microsoft account at billing.microsoft.com. Make sure that it says "US personal profile" under your name.
  • Or you can add PayPal to your account via the US MicrosoftStore website. Log in with your e-mail of your gamertag, go to your profile and select "Payment". Here you can add PayPal account.
  • Alternatively you can also buy it directly from store.xbox.com and add a PayPal account during the checkout.

Thanks for posting this. I couldn't get it to work with my Visa debit card, but using Paypal works like a charm. £37 digital games are mine!

Hindle

Banned
They did it for 360 and Paul Thurrott has been claiming for like 2 years that they plan to do it for xbone someday

I've been thinking how the price they're at now is going to possibly start affecting them soon, in terms of sales. A subscription policy could negate any advantage Sony have as MS would market the X1 as say $40.

Goretrail

Quick question, how can I tell my controllers battery level? I was expecting to see it when I hit the guide button, but I am not seeing it...

Quick question, how can I tell my controllers battery level? I was expecting to see it when I hit the guide button, but I am not seeing it...

Ridiculous as it may sound...you can't. It's a pretty dumb oversight out of the gate by Microsoft. I have to assume they'll be adding it in a future update at some point because it really makes absolutely no sense to not have one.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

There is no way. Batteries are so different that the indicator was wrong half the time anyway. When rumble stops working the batteries are almost dead.

I'm still on the same batteries I got with the controller :p

nbraun80

There isn't one currently, hopefully it'll get patched. For now the rumble will usually stop working minutes before the controller turns off. Also know that the controller has great battery life of usually over 25hrs. and up to 35 as reported by some ppl.

***beaten like a dirty rug. :p

New002

I finally got around to trying out Xbox Fitness today. I did one of the 10 minute programs. DEAD. It was both sad and awesome.

4tRKEyr.jpg

Just got Spartan Assault for $5.

Am I missing something, it's supposed to be 15.00 USD's right?

nbraun80

Can you take screenshots? I found the game DVR.
there's a bit of a learning curve to this OS.

Negative nothing like that yet. Also a quick hint if you don't know, saying Xbox, record that will save a clip for you of your last thirty seconds of footage. If you really want a screenshot you could upload the vide to skydiver and then do what you want with it from there.

****Damn you Flash! :p

Goretrail

There is a fair amount of things about this system that are bugging me so far, but I am sure in a years time most shall be resolved. HOWEVER the biggest thing that is driving me insane I would be willing to bet they wont fix (at least till they completely revamp the dash), CENTER THE DAMN TEXT ON THE NOTIFICATIONS! It is so horribly distracting.

Also I am blown away about how the xbox is constantly popping off at the mouf about how it is recording a clip. Everytime i finish a peggle level I seem to get it. I need to disable that before I run out of hard drive space...

Ya, I remember Ryse taking forever. Zoo Tycoon however took me like 4 minutes for 100% download, and DR3 took like 10min for 100% download. Not too bad.

Goretrail

Ya, I remember Ryse taking forever. Zoo Tycoon however took me like 4 minutes for 100% download, and DR3 took like 10min for 100% download. Not too bad.

Man I was rather disappointed about Zoo Tycoon, what I have seen of the game looks really cool. However, for whatever reason, I was expecting it to be a 20ish dollar cheapy download. Sucks it is full on $60, gonna have to wait on a sale for that one.

nbraun80

There is a fair amount of things about this system that are bugging me so far, but I am sure in a years time most shall be resolved. HOWEVER the biggest thing that is driving me insane I would be willing to bet they wont fix (at least till they completely revamp the dash), CENTER THE DAMN TEXT ON THE NOTIFICATIONS! It is so horribly distracting.

Also I am blown away about how the xbox is constantly popping off at the mouf about how it is recording a clip. Everytime i finish a peggle level I seem to get it. I need to disable that before I run out of hard drive space...
Ha Peggle is the worst about it, even major nelson said they need to relax with the clips. Ryse, forza and other aren't that bad.

Top Bottom