• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Tyrax

When I bought Spartan Assault I logged into the marketplace with my phone.
It requested that I add the device to my frequent use. Is there a way to see what machines are considered frequent or allowed?

My MS funds from converted points.

account . live . com

Tyrax

Picked up Spartan Assault.
Marketplace now charges tax? :sadface:

So far the game is fun. The turrets make the controller do crazy when they are about to explode. The game chugged a few times which was surprising to me.

back when it was points, you already paid the sales tax when you bought the points. One of the reasons why I thought points where better, no surprises

Redshirt

Banned
Digital copies of Forza don't seem to be working tonight!

The problem persists even logged into the home console with the gamertag that purchased it. :(

Hawk269

Digital copies of Forza don't seem to be working tonight!

The problem persists even logged into the home console with the gamertag that purchased it. :(

I logged in to get my drivatar payout and it worked. Even got 2 more cars gifted to me from T10. That was about 2 hours ago or so and it is Digital.

malfcn

Booted up Ghosts and my recent saves are missing. It thinks I am half way through the game. Also, I thought Eminem was supposed to play in the credits. I got silence.

Redshirt

Banned
what you mean it doesn't work? what does it say?

It says:

Do you own this game or app? If you have a game disc, insert it now. If there's no disc, make sure you're signed into Xbox live. If you don't have rights for playing it, you'll need to buy it at the Xbox Store. (0x87de07d1)

biRdy

Wow, after a month with Xbox One I decided to get on my 360 for a bit and damn that controller feels nasty compared to the One's.

oVerde

Banned
It says:

Do you own this game or app? If you have a game disc, insert it now. If there's no disc, make sure you're signed into Xbox live. If you don't have rights for playing it, you'll need to buy it at the Xbox Store. (0x87de07d1)
Just reporting in, am playing right now. Did your problem lifted?

Thats why ive decided against physical copies altogether this gen and wgy I personally didn't feel ms was trying to ruin my life with their old drm.

Every next gen game I have so far is digital.

That means I can have my xb1 permanently hidden away in a nearby cupboard , never to be seen, heard or touched.

All I ever see of the console is its UI and kinect.

I like it. Really, I only own three physical disks so I think digital from here on out and sell physical and replace with digital later.

They really need to be competitive in pricing with digital, however .

Goretrail

Anyone else have the screen dim sometimes in menus when playing games? It is really weird, never seen anything like it. At first I thought it must be some aesthetic decision in Ryse, but then I started noticing it in other games too.

Redshirt

Banned
Just reporting in, am playing right now. Did your problem lifted?

No, but...

My Live wallet is suddenly +$80, which is exactly Forza ($60) plus VIP ($20).

I opened a case last night asking to purchase an additional VIP code for use on the same console.

I guess this problem is limited to me and a screw-up by the Live team. :(

No, but...

My Live wallet is suddenly +$80, which is exactly Forza ($60) plus VIP ($20).

I opened a case last night asking to purchase an additional VIP code for use on the same console.

I guess this problem is limited to me and a screw-up by the Live team. :(

Does the VIP pass not carry over for everyone that uses the console?

BradC00

Anyone have any solutions for error code PBR9002 ?

I haven't had any problems buying stuff off Xbox (Peggle 2, Max, and Halo: SA all bought recently) but two of my buddies have tried to buy BF4 on the marketplace and get this error code. I think one of them tried to buy Peggle 2 and got the same code. I think it might be a lock for possible fraudulent activity?

We are all stationed overseas in South Korea. I do remember having to use a proxy to buy BF4 because it kept routing me to the SK website and I don't speak the language.

Anyone have any solutions for error code PBR9002 ?

I haven't had any problems buying stuff off Xbox (Peggle 2, Max, and Halo: SA all bought recently) but two of my buddies have tried to buy BF4 on the marketplace and get this error code. I think one of them tried to buy Peggle 2 and got the same code. I think it might be a lock for possible fraudulent activity?

We are all stationed overseas in South Korea. I do remember having to use a proxy to buy BF4 because it kept routing me to the SK website and I don't speak the language.

Looks like its a access violation error code after looking on google for a few minutes.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4271/p/1646512/4320077.aspx

Link above says they are looking into it.

Anion

Wow, after a month with Xbox One I decided to get on my 360 for a bit and damn that controller feels nasty compared to the One's.
Funny thing, since my friends and I were talking about this. In general, the Xbox 360 controller feels really "clicky" now. I never had that issue in the past though lol. Remindes me of the situation I had with Blades. Before metro (which is pretty good for a UI imo), I thought blades was pretty good.

No. And that's what I wanted. My and a family member both want VIP, but it's impossible with our current setup.
Dang, that is kinda dumb.

Make sure to have enough eggnog to sustain yourself; you'll be playing for quite a while and having a blast.

Or will I need the egg nog for the updates/ installs? I heard dead rising has a 5 gig patch and ryse has a 3 gig patch. My 20 mb internet is gonna weep on Christmas.

biRdy

Anyone else have the screen dim sometimes in menus when playing games? It is really weird, never seen anything like it. At first I thought it must be some aesthetic decision in Ryse, but then I started noticing it in other games too.

Happens a lot to me when I'm playing split-screen on Ghosts and one of our controllers dies, the screen dims to show that your controller disconnected but stays dimmed even after turning the controller back on.

Chitown B

Well their vision is that the xbox is turned on for the entire duration that your TV is turned on so its actually pretty in keeping with their vision lol.

They expect that when you walk into your living room, you say "xbox on" or press the power button on the console to turn on your TV.

this. and if anyone actually stopped to think about how HDMI or what is output from the X1 for even a moment, they would realize that "pass through" doesn't make any sense. What would be output? The input is it's own app, in an interface.

malfcn

Something disturbing.

Wolf Among Us is free so I went to download it.
First couple of times I clicked on the free link the $15 season pass came up.
Luckily I didn't purchase it by accident.

But MS has my credit card attached to my Xbox account again.
I never added it to my account. In fact I removed it over a year ago.

The only thing I can think of is buying Revengeance for $10 a couple of weeks ago.
Is that standard from now on?

Checked billing.ms and can confirm.
If you buy anything from Microsoft Store online, your CC will be added to Xbox Live if you used the same account ID.

Chitown B

pretty sure MS requires you to have a CC attached to your account. Even if you use codes for Gold like I do. You can't remove your last card.

G_Berry

Banned
Happen to have a Samsung tv?

Local dimming. Its a bitch.

malfcn

a little unrelated, but are you still planning to do the OT2?

Didn't know people were still wanting one.
Again, if people want one I can mock up a dashboard with new tiles.
Just send me suggestions for tiles and a title.

Probably will be content light, with just things like voice commands or something.
Or we can all keep riding this train.

Chitown B

You can remove it. I have absolutely no CC/Paypal information on my account.

ah. I think you used to not be able to. Regardless it wouldn't make sense for me since I buy things straight through my credit card. Easier that way, especially since points are gone now.

Kajiba

ah. I think you used to not be able to. Regardless it wouldn't make sense for me since I buy things straight through my credit card. Easier that way, especially since points are gone now.

Yeah, a year or two ago we couldn't remove it all. Even old CC that expired. But yeah, it's definitely more easier that way to buy things from the store by keeping your account in.

Never really got comfortable putting that info on any system yet. Probably never will lol.

ref

Hey all, just picked up an Xbox One, figured I'd give it a try!

I remember reading a bit ago an issue with 'crushed blacks' and sharpening issues. Is there any tips to reduce this? I heard something about RGB Full being broken, is that still the case?

Swishh

Banned
Hey a few questions for a future ps4-xbox one convert.

-Is Dead Rising 3 worth buying?
-I have an unused PS+ 1 year membership that I would like to trade for a 1yr xbox live gold, any idea where/ what website i'd find best results in pulling off this trade?

Sobriquet

Probably will be content light, with just things like voice commands or something.
OT2s (and so on) are usually created before 20,000 posts are reached. I'm not sure if that's a rule or a tradition.

malfcn

I haven't booted DR3 or Ryse in awhile, but I understand they may have patches.
But when I look in the My Games it says: "Cancel installation" and "Attempt Resinstall"

What is that about?

Just beat Max, dang that was fun!

Overall the pacing was great, good mixture of puzzles, action sequences, and platforming.
Those last few chapters were incredible.
dat lava boss, then the whole climbing the castle sequence
I actually thought the final boss was awesome.

I really enjoyed how much it felt like an old school platformer. The comedy, the music, the boss fights, etc.
Some of the songs could be copy and pasted right into a banjo-kazooie game and work perfectly. (hint, hint Microsoft)

Hope to see more from press play ASAP :)

You may have just convinced me to buy this game.

EBE

I haven't booted DR3 or Ryse in awhile, but I understand they may have patches.
But when I look in the My Games it says: "Cancel installation" and "Attempt Resinstall"

What is that about?

dont know. saw it earlier today. dont worry about it. just pop in the disc. will apply the update.

MarkusRJR

I think I asked this before but never got a chance to see the answer: Can you rent movies off Xbox Video with Paypal on Xbox One? For some reason they removed that option on the Xbox 360 a while ago when they changed from the points system (it now only supports credit cards for some reason). Does anyone know if that change carries over on the Xbox One?

I rent movies constantly, so this is a deciding factor for whether I buy an Xbox One or a PS4.

nbraun80

OT2s (and so on) are usually created before 20,000 posts are reached. I'm not sure if that's a rule or a tradition.

Yeah they're usually made before 20k. Hmmm OT2 Max Peggle Assault until Titanfall haha

Has anybody played Max and the Curse of Brotherhood yet? I hear the reviews are really mixed but people seem to be enjoying it a lot, any truth to this?

monome

after experiencing regular hiccups in relaunching Ryse thanks to instant resume, I'm done with Kinect as "instant resume" was the #1 reason I kept it plugged. I can live with manually signing-in, and even tho Ryse takes its sweet time to launch, I'll keep myself busy with the Surface companion app while it loads...

Enjoying the system and the games tho.

Now update the OS MS and drop the Kinect requirement for auto sign-in, and for fuck's sake, get the" Kinect unplugged" message out of my dash after a minute or two.

Top Bottom