• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I gotta say. I think Max is my favorite Next gen game thus far. It's so charming. My kids even love watching it. It's been a blast. Tight platforming. Fun puzzles.

I played the game at this year's PAX East with the Dev's on X360 and the controls and graphics left me unimpressed so I couldn't be more surprised after playing this on XBO.

It's definitely the biggest surprise this year.

sangreal

Hmmm... I'll just play Peggle 2 while it installs. Hopefully it's just being weird and not a legitimate problem with the system.

EDIT: I paused the install to let some apps install and noticed it never mentioned downloading when downloading the apps. Guess DR3 was just downloading that 18gb. I'm so used to there being a download meter and then an install meter. Dumb that they combined the two.

they're combined because there is no install for downloaded titles (never has been on xbox). They just decided to call it installing instead of downloading. Probably because of the play as you download system.

and yeah, there is a 5gb patch for dr3 it has to download first. and another patch before that I think

bought spartan assault.... wish I hadn't :(

Spartan assualt should be free for WP or W8 owners and $5 for new customers. $10 most. Its a straight port from pc. Co op is fun but if it cost me more than $5 I would have been pissed.

It really shines the light on MS's biggest current issue no one talks about or takes them to task on. Cross Game purchases and cross game saves.
Sony has this down. Vita doesn't sell well so they reward you. As a Ms fan if u own WP or Windows 8 games you are left scratching your head.

Credit were credit is due the game loaded up after install and supported cross game saves with Windows 8 version I bought and played months ago.

Caayn

Spartan Assault isn't necessarily a bad game. It just had the bad luck of launching after Peggle 2 and Max(which was a very pleasant surprise for most of us). I think that Spartan Assault is a very "hit or miss" title. You either like it or you don't.

Spartan assualt should be free for WP or W8 owners and $5 for new customers. $10 most. Its a straight port from pc. Co op is fun but if it cost me more than $5 I would have been pissed.

Its not a straight port, they added the online co-op + free missions. People say it should be free if you bought it before, I think they're expecting too much.

W8/WP8 versions should be cross-buy, but going from that to the console version, which has some upgrades, modes etc for Xbox One I don't expect it to be free. The discount they offered was nice and fair for an upgraded version.

Picobrain

Banned
Question for people who imported the system and are using it in unsupported countries.
- Can you use TV functions?
- Is kinect voice recognition working (english langauge)?
- can you play xbox fitness?

LNBL

Question for people who imported the system and are using it in unsupported countries.
- Can you use TV functions?
- Is kinect voice recognition working (english langauge)?
- can you play xbox fitness?

Just got mine today! (Netherlands)

- TV functions are all working properly, only thing missing is the One Guide. But other than that, you can simply switch from watching tv to gaming etc.
- Kinect voice is working better than expected with US settings, I rarely have to repeat what I said for the kinect to hear me.
- What I understand is that Xbox fitness is free with gold.

Caayn

Cru

I thought for sure I would have been playing my ps4 more than the xbox but it's been all Ryse and Peggle 2 for me. Makes no sense.

MarkusRJR

Are they going to release an Xbox branded remote like on the 360? I absolutely loved the Xbox 360 remote and was curious if one will inevitably come to Xbox One?

RoKKeR

So Spartan Assault is a meh? That's the consensus I've seen on GAF at least, seems like a fun little title though. I have a friend who has it so the co-op could be fun.

Rat Salad

Banned
Thinking of getting BF4,has the crashing in the game been fixed or atleast severely minimised? I dont want to buy a broken game. Might get Dead Rising instead. Do the zombies ever begin to run at you,i need a sense of tention in my zombie games.

nbraun80

Thinking of getting BF4,has the crashing in the game been fixed or atleast severely minimised? I dont want to buy a broken game. Might get Dead Rising instead. Do the zombies ever begin to run at you,i need a sense of tention in my zombie games.

bought Bf about a week ago, haven't had any real problems besides servers being down for 17 minutes here and there. They dont necessarily run, but they are always swarming and there are always a lot of them. Especially at night, its usually curb to curb full of them.

Timu

Do the zombies ever begin to run at you,i need a sense of tention in my zombie games.
Yes, they surround you as well.

igoPqpGyxitK0.png

Rat Salad

Banned
bought Bf about a week ago, haven't had any real problems besides servers being down for 17 minutes here and there. They dont necessarily run, but they are always swarming and there are always a lot of them. Especially at night, its usually curb to curb full of them.

Good to hear,time to decide if i buy or not,thanks.

statham

So Spartan Assault is a meh? That's the consensus I've seen on GAF at least, seems like a fun little title though. I have a friend who has it so the co-op could be fun.

I enjoy it in small bursts, the only purchase I regret is powerstar golf.

Al13n

Neo Member
I noticed that the games in the US store cost almost as much in dollars than the games cost in pounds in the UK store..

Is it possible to buy digital copies in the US store from Europe? If so, is this legal?

The Flash

Banned

I like Spartan Assault more than Max. Max was good at the beginning but progressively got more frustrating. The final boss battle was horrific.

K1ng P3n

It is working much better since the updates, so I would go ahead and get it.

Guys, any recommendations for a place to pick up a 12-month XBL card for less than MSRP?

My subscription is about to end in January. I haven't seen any deals the last few months.

Marco1

I've signed up for skype but it has given me a username, live:p.678
Is there anyway to change this to something more recognisable?
Thanks.

biRdy

I've signed up for skype but it has given me a username, live:p.678
Is there anyway to change this to something more recognisable?
Thanks.

Not sure if you can change the username, but you can always unlink the account and link a better named one.

EBE

No, they don't run. Think of them as your normal zombies before 28 Days Later. Still going through a crowd of them is enough tension.

football zombies run after you i believe. normal zeds can also get to up to a quick jog after you sometimes.

Caayn

I noticed that the games in the US store cost almost as much in dollars than the games cost in pounds in the UK store..

Is it possible to buy digital copies in the US store from Europe? If so, is this legal?
You've got a credit card yes? If so do the following:

- Go to settings
- System and set your language & location to "English/United States"
- Let the console reboot. Congrats you're now on the US marketplace
- Browse to the game you want to buy in the store. And select buy
- You'll be asked to add a credit card. Select add card.
- Fill in your credit card information but enter a US address. (For example use the address of a store in the US)
- Profit.

Else you can buy it via PayPal:
  • You should be able to add a PayPal account to your Microsoft account at billing.microsoft.com. Make sure that it says "US personal profile" under your name.
  • Or you can add PayPal to your account via the US MicrosoftStore website. Log in with your e-mail of your gamertag, go to your profile and select "Payment". Here you can add PayPal account.
  • Alternatively you can also buy it directly from store.xbox.com and add a PayPal account during the checkout.

I don't see why it's not legal. And MS encouraged it themselves.

BraXzy

Is there any way to gift a game? My friend wants to buy me the Spartan Assault for crimbo and IDK how to do it besides me buying it and then him giving me the money back? It doesn't seem as easy as Steam.

Is it meh? Would I be better off with Max?

MCD

MS shifted the whole account region based thingy to system (out of the box experience) starting with Windows Phone 8. I wouldn't be worried about getting banned based on my past experience on WP8 and Windows 8.1.

If you asked me about my 360 experience, yeah, it sucked shit there.

Top Bottom