• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Prophezz

Banned
Has anyone heard of this issue?

A friend of mine recently got the Xbox One as an early xmas gift a couple of days ago. His first system was defective (loud) so got it exchanged. But the second one, he just found out was defective also because the front panel with the disc tray and power button doesn't work. He didn't notice this immediately because he turns the Xbox on via the controller. It was only when he was trying to take Dead Rising 3 out of the system when he realized the issue. The eject button doesn't work nor does the power button work. After doing some research for him, I found the manually eject solution to to get the disc out (where you would use a paper clip). Is this a very rare issue? I only managed to find one topic on the Xbox forum with a few replies in regards to this issue.

I feel bad for my friend, back to back defective systems. :(

jem0208

Forza is on sale for $40. Is it worth it? Are micro transactions that bad?

Edit: well damn.

Definitely worth it.

I've not used Microtransactions once and I have over 750k and a bunch of cars including a few pretty expensive ones. You do need to do a small bit of grinding but no more than your normal Forza game. I highly recommend it.

Caayn

They wanted 1080p
My laptop runs it perfectly fine in 1080p, and that's with a weak GPU and zero optimization. I fully expect the 360 version to also run in 1080p. Graphically SA isn't any special, it looks "ok" and that's about it.

It shows everywhere that it was originally a mobile game. Which isn't directly bad, but it doesn't impress on any front. And to be fair we asked for a port of a mobile game and we got one.

The mission are short but fun, operation Hydro(F) has the best missions in the game imo. The added flood mode is a nice extra but it lacks things as local co-op and singleplayer.

As it currently stands the $15 a little is to much, a $10 price tag or the $7 price tag of the W8/WP8 versions fit this game much better.

Looking for GAF friends on XBox Live. Gamertag: Wheel Hoss 1

Also, can't update Ryse. Assuming this is because a million other dudes are trying to do the same thing (can't get into the 3DS Shop either to download Zelda for my gf). I really want to wreck some barbarians!

Timu

This Max game looks really good.
iCaGumNIDNpIb.png

iyW4hlaAuUsMX.png

imV1MU2eX6B25.png

i2putSog63Pyo.png

iBUloKIGgEZAN.png

ibm5iDa7QqvGyi.png

Marco1

I have noticed that kinect always shows three red IR lights on the front and the controller has two blinking red lights on the front.
Should they always be on?
Thanks.

Hawk269

My Fiancee got me a 2nd Xbox One for X-Mas. We are putting it in our bedroom since we were talking about doing this later in 2014. The power brick is definitely louder than my Day One Launch power supply, which is whisper quiet like the Day One system. Not sure if I will try to exchange out the power supply because I only hear it when everything is turned off (Speakers), so it may not be something I will bother with.

Since now I have 2 Systems, I noticed that you cannot be signed into the 2 different systems at the same time, for some reason I thought I could. Not that I would be using both at the same time lol. When I got the 2nd one going, I was logged in the first one downstairs since we were watching TV.

I am currently downloading some of my digital games onto the new system...going to test the blu ray drive to ensure I have no issues with it.

Rat Salad

Banned
Forza is on sale for $40. Is it worth it? Are micro transactions that bad?

Edit: well damn.
Totally worth picking up.
Because the latest Forza5 patch gives nice payouts now. I was making about $15,000 bonus money each time I leveled up in Forza,after the patch its now $35,000. Ofcourse Exotic cars are still pretty pricey,but then why give them away for cheap? The money you now earn after you've leveled up your car(usually takes two races to level up each time) does lessen the grind considerably now. You don't need to buy tokens with real money.

I'm having a weird issue. Played earlier fine, now trying again and I know it's on the right input, but it just keeps telling me no signal. I've restarted, unplugged and plugged back in again and nothing. Any ideas?

Marco1

I have an issue were I have set the HDMI audio to stereo uncompressed but it will revert to 7.1 after a while.
Anyone else experience this?
Also I have disconnected and boxed the kinect unit. I just can't put up with the voice and gesture controls not working properly. I'm hoping it works better after a while.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, or Ryse

Decisions, decisions!

This Max game looks really good.

There's a chapter in the middle of the game that takes place in a pitch black cave. The lighting is awesome. I loved playing through that game.

LNBL

Microsoft is not taking my money... I can't use my paypal for some reason, while it works perfectly on the Xbox 360. There is whole thread about people with the same problem over at forums.xbox.com. This is so frustrating

EBE

ima go ahead and admit that ive bought in game currency for both powerstar golf and ryse. with real money. as in US dollars. 5 dollars total, but its something. go ahead and think what you will. merry christmas and happy holidays

daman824

Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, or Ryse

Decisions, decisions!

There's a chapter in the middle of the game that takes place in a pitch black cave. The lighting is awesome. I loved playing through that game.
Coming from someone who has never played a dead ridin game before, dead rising 3 is really good. Its crazy how the only load times are before cutscenes.

ima go ahead and admit that ive bought in game currency for both powerstar golf and ryse. with real money. as in US dollars. 5 dollars total, but its something. go ahead and think what you will. merry christmas and happy holidays

For all the money MS/Crytek might have lost on Ryse over reviews (which generally I think the scores and content of reviews are generally a big pile of rubbish) feel free to give them some more.

Has there been any word from Major Nelson on if they're fixing the Blu-ray player? The audio goes out of sync with almost everything I try to watch, to an unwatchable level and googling makes this seem like a widespread issue. What the fuck, how can they release it like this

Exokell

Banned
my gf gave me an xbox one as a christmas present... the console is so fucking slow with booting up, interface is giving me a headache, fucking voice commands dont fucking work(ive been shouting at the tv like a crazy person), the air wave shit dont work(fucking kinect). Anyway cant believe this controller has worst sticks, triggers and bumpers compared to the original. I feel remorse. Hope microsoft buys alot of exclusives for this console coz im fucking dissappointed.

bidguy

Banned
Has there been any word from Major Nelson on if they're fixing the Blu-ray player? The audio goes out of sync with almost everything I try to watch, to an unwatchable level and googling makes this seem like a widespread issue. What the fuck, how can they release it like this

i had the same problem but changing the console region fixed it.

im from germany and my console was set to US. changed to germany and everything was fine again. is it set to your home region ?

that could have something to do with the region codes of the blu ray movies

i had the same problem but changing the console region fixed it.

im from germany and my console was set to US. changed to germany and everything was fine again. is it set to your home region ?

that could have something to do with the region codes of the blu ray movies

im in the US and its set to the US. seems like people on xbox.com say deleting the blu-ray app and reinstalling temporarily fixes it but it eventually fucks up again. definitely a bug.

fix this shit microsoft

Miles X

Posted in the buy/sell thread but might get more luck here.

Have a Fifa 14 digital code (who doesn't right?) for sale for £20 Xbox Credit.

my gf gave me an xbox one as a christmas present... the console is so fucking slow with booting up, interface is giving me a headache, fucking voice commands dont fucking work(ive been shouting at the tv like a crazy person), the air wave shit dont work(fucking kinect). Anyway cant believe this controller has worst sticks, triggers and bumpers compared to the original. I feel remorse. Hope microsoft buys alot of exclusives for this console coz im fucking dissappointed.

Just return it in that case. You seem to have came in believing you were going to hate it

Yeah I'm mainly a PC gamer and I own a ps4. Xbox one seems like redundant or something. But I'm counting on ms to buy more exclusives

yeah I hope they buy more exclusives... being a pc gamer makes xbox one undesirable.

them xbox one exclusives will be so good on my PC, 1080p/60fps heaven. :)

I expect dead rising to be on PC too :)

where the fuck where you last/current generation? PS3 was shitted on non stop since the the beggining for being more expensive and having worst version of multiplats compared to 360. Gaming media is fucking insane to defend xbox one right now! this shit is super corrupt.

I don't see why you asked your Girlfriend to spend $500 on a system you seem to have been set on "It's undesirable, I'll wait for exclusives." You seemed pretty happy with your PS4 and PC, why have that money be wasted? Should of held off until they got exclusives you wanted.

Anyways, if you plan to keeping this things, some advice.

Calibrate your Kinect, and put your TV volume higher than normal when calibrating. Voice Commands work perfectly for me when it's calibrated. Also, you aren't supposed to fucking yell at the thing haha. That makes it even more inaccurate. You're messing up there.

The "hand waving shit" isn't working because this isn't the Xbox 360. You aren't supposed to wave your hand for Kinect to detect you, that actually makes Kinect NOT detect your hand. Just hold it up there and leave it in mid-air for a while, than your hand will work.

It boots up slowly upon Cold-boot, yes. But who cares, you aren't supposed to turn the system off. Select it to be on "Insta-On", so it's always in Stand-by. As a PC gamer, you most likely don't turn your PC off, so you should be used to this. Boots up in like 5 seconds with Insta-On.

The Sticks, Bumpers, and Triggers is your opinion and I won't argue it, but are you sure you're using the controller right? You're supposed to roll your finger off the Trigger and into the Bumper, and it works lovely. I love the Sticks/Bumpers/Triggers and think they're the best I've ever used, but that's just me.

Also, make sure to study up with the voice commands, so you make sure the Kinect works like it's suppose to, and it isn't user failure on your part for not using the proper commands.

Xbox-One-Voice-Commands-Cheat-Sheet-1024x791.png

Also, remorse for something you didn't buy? :p

LNBL

Just got one/ set up the tv pass through.

Is there a loss in tv quality? Or no?

My TV quality is just as good as it was, only strange this is:

When watching football, it seems to have a 1 second lag for some reason. This only happens when watching football on Fox Sports

Just return it in that case. You seem to have came in believing you were going to hate it

I don't see why you asked your Girlfriend to spend $500 on a system you seem to have been set on "It's undesirable, I'll wait for exclusives." You seemed pretty happy with your PS4 and PC, why have that money be wasted? Should of held off until they got exclusives you wanted.

Anyways, if you plan to keeping this things, some advice.

Calibrate your Kinect, and put your TV volume higher than normal when calibrating. Voice Commands work perfectly for me when it's calibrated. Also, you aren't supposed to fucking yell at the thing haha. That makes it even more inaccurate. You're messing up there.

The "hand waving shit" isn't working because this isn't the Xbox 360. You aren't supposed to wave your hand for Kinect to detect you, that actually makes Kinect NOT detect your hand. Just hold it up there and leave it in mid-air for a while, than your hand will work.

It boots up slowly upon Cold-boot, yes. But who cares, you aren't supposed to turn the system off. Select it to be on "Insta-On", so it's always in Stand-by. As a PC gamer, you most likely don't turn your PC off, so you should be used to this. Boots up in like 5 seconds with Insta-On.

The Sticks, Bumpers, and Triggers is your opinion and I won't argue it, but are you sure you're using the controller right? You're supposed to roll your finger off the Trigger and into the Bumper, and it works lovely. I love the Sticks/Bumpers/Triggers and think they're the best I've ever used, but that's just me.

Also, make sure to study up with the voice commands, so you make sure the Kinect works like it's suppose to, and it isn't user failure on your part for not using the proper commands.

Xbox-One-Voice-Commands-Cheat-Sheet-1024x791.png

Also, remorse for something you didn't buy? :p

Well...wow.

LNBL

Well pretty easy fix, but I am now able to purchase with Paypal again after contacting support. I only had to remove and re-add the paypal payment method -_-

Top Bottom