• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

TrojanAg

I'll be honest, my OG Xbox One has been collecting dust most of this year. I'm buying this version for multiple reasons. I want to play the best versions of third party games and also because it is a huge improvement over the launch model. Having a built in 4K player doesn't hurt either.

Unmoses

Got my SE X1X from the Microsoft store. Ordered day 1 og Xbox from them and I received it on release day. Now to pick up a new 4k TV :0

philz

Pre-ordered the Project Scorpio edition but kind of wished the standard had been available for order on Amazon.com.

Soi-Fong

I'll be honest, my OG Xbox One has been collecting dust most of this year. I'm buying this version for multiple reasons. I want to play the best versions of third party games and also because it is a huge improvement over the launch model. Having a built in 4K player doesn't hurt either.

The 4K Player thing is pretty big to me since 4K Players still aren't cheap. It'd be cool to finally watch some native 4K movies on my Samsung KS 8000. That 65 inch beauty is just begging for 4K content.

The GS Trade In prices are in line with what I predicted before, and I'll happily offload my big ass Xbone for this sleek beast. Hope I can make it to the store tomorrow to pre order.

MrBS

Got my EB Australia order in. Going to have to get a 4TB external between now and release as my 2TB is almost full. Got to keep all those GWG games I will never play all in one place!

Capsov

Anybody's Best Buy order say "Failed Authorization" next to the payment method? I got an email saying my payment method could not be processed. So I updated it, but it still says failed authorization on the order details page. The funds have since been held in my bank account and the order shows it is processing, so I am probably worrying about nothing, but just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Do you legitimately believe that accounts for their sales lead?

I never even said that.

I'm saying that "no exclusives" isn't a great reason for people to come in here and shitpost about people who want to pre-order the One X, when there was no issue with people pre-ordering PS4 consoles at launch despite almost nothing being there launch day.

In the end, one of the reasons people wanted a PS4 was because it was the best place to play multiplats. ONE of the reasons. I don't see why that would be an unreasonable reason to pre-order the One X now.

JoeLT

And continue to deal with games in 720p

Would you rather have battlefront 2 in 720p and look blurry as hell like the first one or get an X and even enjoy a fucking massive upgrade on even a 1080p display
To be fair Battlefront 2 will be using the same rendering solution as Battlefield 1, which looks fantastic on Xbox One with its temporal scaling.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Ah fair enough, I'd already ordered at EB when my email for JB came through so I didn't have a look at their pre-order options.

What kind of discount do they give at JB for staff?

Every product is different. I"m expecting the discount on the One X to be anywhere between $30 and $50.

kahi

I like the way the Projecto Scorpio edition looks. Really glad I was able to get a pre-order in with Amazon when they went up.

Soi-Fong

I never even said that.

I'm saying that "no exclusives" isn't a great reason for people to come in here and shitpost about people who want to pre-order the One X, when there was no issue with people pre-ordering PS4 consoles at launch despite almost nothing being there launch day.

In the end, one of the reasons people wanted a PS4 was because it was the best place to play multiplats. ONE of the reasons. I don't see why that would be an unreasonable reason to pre-order the One X now.

If you're talking about me, I'm not shitposting. I'm being honest. I pre-ordered this console for various reasons which include the power that it boasts and its 4K capabilities. The matter still stands though that MS seriously needs to work on their first party offerings.

I can be excited about something, but still critique it. Those two aren't mutually exclusive.

NeOak

Cancelled my Amazon preorder.

Bought $600 of Xbox Gift cards for $550 from Amazon.

Preordered the XBO X from MS Store. Comes at 540 with tax. Ended up with $60 in credit.

Plus the 5% of the Amazon card gets me an aditional $27.5 cash back.

So bought the XBO X for basically $522.50 tax included, and "free" $60 Xbox credit.

Should have kept the Amazon Preorder but oh well.

Havoc2049

Almost missed out on the Scorpio edition. The Gamestop by my house was sold out, so I had to head on down to the Gamestop at the mall where they still had a few left.

Besides the 3rd parties, I'm looking forward to ReCore DE, Forza 7, the graphic and performance boost, OG backwards compatibility and then Sea of Thieves next year.

Hemmed and hawed about and missed my preorder. Oh well, this is just a Microsoft shortage, not a Nintendo one, so I feel like I'll be able to get one eventually without too much blood and tears.

Klocker

Yeah hearing that MS store delivered day one edition on release day I'm wondering about doubling down on my Amazon order in case they don't deliver day one. I even paid the extra $4 for 1 day delivery but you never know.

Hmm plus there is an MS store nearby

Yeah hearing that MS store delivered day one edition on release day I'm wondering about doubling down on my Amazon order in case they don't deliver day one. I even paid the extra $4 for 1 day delivery but you never know.

Why not, they don't charge

Nesses

I think Amazon does release day delivery so if you paid for two day shipping you still get it on the release date. That's how it worked for my OG Xbox one

Soi-Fong

I think Amazon does release day delivery so if you paid for two day shipping you still get it on the release date. That's how it worked for my OG Xbox one

Amazon's effed up a few times though with some games this year. I'm just hoping everything goes smoothly for them with this launch.

ViciousDS

Banned
To be fair Battlefront 2 will be using the same rendering solution as Battlefield 1, which looks fantastic on Xbox One with its temporal scaling.

And to be fair it scaling on my C7 will look blurry as hell, I'm playing the first one right now and it's blurry as all shit

NeOak

How do preorders there work? Do they put a hold on your card?

"A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped or the product is made available for download. However, an authorization hold or small temporary charge may be placed on your credit or debit card as a result of your pre-order."

I really wanted to get a standard X1X, but pulled the trigger on the SE from GameStop with the credit I got from the 4th of July bonanza.

If I hate the way it looks, I'm sure I can flip it for about what I paid for it, but the system does look real nice with that print. And I have an elite controller, so I'll be gettin' rid of that Scorpio controller pretty fast.

Guess I'm sticking with my Amazon preorder. 100 dollars is just too much for me. Especially since I was assured it would be 50 dollars. Can't do 100 right now.

Also only 150 for a One S trade in is bleh but maybe I can sell mine for more in my local advertisements.

bigJP

Preordered the XBO X from MS Store. Comes at 540 with tax. Ended up with $60 in credit.

So bought the XBO X for basically $522.50 tax included, and "free" $60 Xbox credit.

Can you use the gift cards for online purchases?

Klocker

Clever

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
Uhh... Are we forgetting that MS' lineup is in all honesty, just a piece of shit compared to Sony's...?

Power doesn't mean anything when you don't have exclusive games taking advantage of it.

Exclusive games mean nothing in regards to this, though. People want to play Red Dead on the most powerful console they can, and CoD, Destiny, etc. Exclusives are nice but I'm playing Red Dead on Scorpio and that's a bigger experience for me than any of the exclusive series on any platform.

Zurick

Banned
Man. Pre-ordered one for a friend in Canada on amazon.ca (it's Shipping to his address)
Pre-order mine from amazon.com. Again, no problem.

2 minutes ago on my email...

Hello,

We cancelled your order XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXbecause it exceeds the quantity limit for that item. Quantity limits are displayed during the ordering process.

We limit the number of orders customers can place for certain promotional or popular items. Customers are not allowed to use multiple accounts to bypass these limits.

Cool. I didn't use multiple accounts. No notifications about this or nothing. Figured I was good to go. Now I might not get one. Awesome.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Man. Pre-ordered one for a friend in Canada on amazon.ca (it's Shipping to his address)
Pre-order mine from amazon.com. Again, no problem.

2 minutes ago on my email...

Hello,

We cancelled your order XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXbecause it exceeds the quantity limit for that item. Quantity limits are displayed during the ordering process.

We limit the number of orders customers can place for certain promotional or popular items. Customers are not allowed to use multiple accounts to bypass these limits.

Cool. I didn't use multiple accounts. No notifications about this or nothing. Figured I was good to go. Now I might not get one. Awesome.

It's still available at the Microsoft Store online if you are interested in or dering from them. That's what I did.

Top Bottom