• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

PrinceKee

I preordered from GameStop.com sucks that I couldn’t do in store pickup. Hopefully I can get a preorder at the store tomorrow, but I doubt it...

Zurick

Banned
It's still available at the Microsoft Store online if you are interested in or dering from them. That's what I did.

Thanks a ton but the MS Store Website keeps telling me it can't add it to my cart lol

Error Details
Give it another try

Xbox One X 1TB Console - Project Scorpio Edition has been removed from your cart

gxI5h7kkHUqPsJgG.2.9
2017/08/21 - 02:38:36 UTC

Dabanton

Exclusive games mean nothing in regards to this, though. People want to play Red Dead on the most powerful console they can, and CoD, Destiny, etc. Exclusives are nice but I'm playing Red Dead on Scorpio and that's a bigger experience for me than any of the exclusive series on any platform.

Exactly, there is a reason Sony pays for marketing for the biggest multiplat games.

I know this year I'll be playing unless their is shenagians the best versions of multiplats on X1X.

NeOak

Thanks a ton but the MS Store Website keeps telling me it can't add it to my cart lol

Error Details
Give it another try

Xbox One X 1TB Console - Project Scorpio Edition has been removed from your cart

gxI5h7kkHUqPsJgG.2.9
2017/08/21 - 02:38:36 UTC

What are you using? Firefox? Chrome? extensions?

Try a different web browser.

Just do it on Edge or IE. I just added one to the cart.

Fuuuuck fell asleep.... Amazon.de is already sold out it seems, any hints where else i can get one in germany?

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/sto...=XboxCat_Hero1_Knightsbridge_PDP_082017_de-DE

Got mine preorderd on the German MS store for 499€. Living in Sweden but the government here have added a stupid chemical tax on everything of about 45€ so happy to not pay for that. This beauty would cost 566euros in sweden with that stupid chemical tax.

Can't believe it's already sold out on amazon.com and several Gamestop stores in the US. Happy to hear X1X is doing good. MS deserves the credit.

Can't wait for november. Now I'll be only waiting for the LG 65" C7 to drop down in price and I'll be all set. Gonna wait until 2018 for a good external hdd. Haven't decided to go with hdd or sdd.

Anybody's Best Buy order say "Failed Authorization" next to the payment method? I got an email saying my payment method could not be processed. So I updated it, but it still says failed authorization on the order details page. The funds have since been held in my bank account and the order shows it is processing, so I am probably worrying about nothing, but just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

Had this happen earlier to me as well, but I got a fraud alert and just had to confirm it was me. Had to do re-order it. Might have been cause I pre-ordered 2 from Best buy, one for pick and one for delivery just incase.

I pre-ordered 2 xbox one x's at gamestop near me tonight. One for me and one for the wife. I am so excited for launch day. We just got 2 4k TV's wall mounted side by side in our living room. It is going to be so great when we can play 4k games on them.

Bubba77

I pre-ordered 2 xbox one x's at gamestop near me tonight. One for me and one for the wife. I am so excited for launch day. We just got 2 4k TV's wall mounted side by side in our living room. It is going to be so great when we can play 4k games on them.

Thats awesome. Wish my wife were into games like that! Enjoy

Thats awesome. Wish my wife were into games like that! Enjoy

I met my wife playing games online so I got very lucky that she is really into them also. I still had to teach summer school this year to get her to agree to putting out the money for 2 Tv's and Xbox One X's but it was so worth it.

Wow this is awesome to read.

Capsov

Had this happen earlier to me as well, but I got a fraud alert and just had to confirm it was me. Had to do re-order it. Might have been cause I pre-ordered 2 from Best buy, one for pick and one for delivery just incase.

Yeah, the whole transaction seemed screwy to me. I just canceled the order and reordered it from Microsoft. Just to give myself peace of mind.

Klocker

You sir, are one lucky ass husband

Xyrmellon

I guess there's no data yet, but is this a limited first run to possibly increase demand or is there that much interest in this?

thatJohann

Lucky guy. I can’t even get my boyfriend to be OK with me getting a 55” 4K TV for our living room. He thinks 40” is big enough for the living room lol

FaintDeftone

Snagged a Best Buy preorder. Not sure if I'll be keeping it though. Figured I have a few months to think about it. I definitely want it; especially now that I own a 4K TV.

ryan299

Just ordered from microsoft using some credit. Do they take the credit now and charge the card later? Also do they ship early usually? Wondering if I'll get it on release date.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
i dont understand the ebay listings...they are still available for preorder at retail!
They're just hoping someone is stupid enough to bite. At this point it's pretty low risk. If no one buys they either keep it or cancel the order.

Cancelled my Amazon preorder.

Bought $600 of Xbox Gift cards for $550 from Amazon.

Preordered the XBO X from MS Store. Comes at 540 with tax. Ended up with $60 in credit.

Plus the 5% of the Amazon card gets me an aditional $27.5 cash back.

So bought the XBO X for basically $522.50 tax included, and "free" $60 Xbox credit.

Should have kept the Amazon Preorder but oh well.
Since you paid with Xbox Gift Cards, did Microsoft take the GC credit away immediately?

I got $400+ but I'm not a 100% certain I want the XB1X so I decided to pay with card instead, If I decided that I really do want it, I'd just change payment method using my credit.

Feel like it would be a more of a hassle trying to get the Xbox credit back, if i decide to hold off on the "X" until next year.

Tarrin

I guess there's no data yet, but is this a limited first run to possibly increase demand or is there that much interest in this?

The pre-orders today are all for the limited edition Scorpio edition.

The regular sku is not up for pre-order yet.

Also there's always demand for a new console/revision. Especially limited/special edition ones.

Snaku

Banned
Randomly decided to check Amazon to see if preorders were up yet when I stopped for gas on my road trip earlier today, and got one. So glad I checked when I did.

Is there anything special about the Scorpio edition? Anyone know if Gamestop is doing in store preorders? I still have a ton left over in trade credit from their 70% trade in promo a month ago.

NeOak

Since you paid with Xbox Gift Cards, did Microsoft take the GC credit away immediately?

I got $400+ but I'm not a 100% certain I want the XB1X so I decided to pay with card instead, If I decided that I really do want it, I'd just change payment method using my credit.

Feel like it would be a more of a hassle trying to get the Xbox credit back, if i decide to hold off on the "X" until next year.

They will take the gift card credit away immediately.

Neverfear

Neo Member
I got mine from Amazon, I am excited to get the new console. I enjoy getting consoles on day one, its all part of the adventure to me. Sure you can get it cheaper sometime down the line but that doesn't matter to me.

Lothars

Is there anything special about the Scorpio edition? Anyone know if Gamestop is doing in store preorders? I still have a ton left over in trade credit from their 70% trade in promo a month ago.
Just the look from what I've seen and heard. Nothing else special. Maybe the will announce more but it's unknown at the moment.

Lgndryhr

I pre-ordered as soon as they were live on Best Buy. I am not sure honestly why I did. Will keep the pre-order for a little while. Would really rather have a PS4 Pro.

Went to my preferred game stop as soon as they said it was available on stream. They said I was the first one to pre order one and they had 8 pre orders available.

though even with 3 gamestops around nearby I doubt any are still left since they were calling people telling that it was available.

Just talked to my gamestop manager. ON the east coast in store preorders went live at 1653 but 1700 they were sold out (i was standing there for that) but what I missed between 1700 and 1800 when they closed due to it being sunday he took over 20 calls. And in his FB group that has all the other local managers in it all the way to the largest city in the area (3 hours away) sold out. No store got more than 14 (in the area) and the only ones that got more than 10 were the 5 in said large city.

So this can tell us a few things. The initial offering is about 70% of what the OG XB1 had, and even after a slow start to this generation the die hard fans are still there and gobbled these things up fast.

Top Bottom