• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Ho8mkes.jpg

BZwqH0s.jpg

Game is stunning

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
There is no thread for this. Why is there no thread for this?
I made one, yesterday:

Any suggestions on a game I should buy for the xsx?

I think first thing I will try is Gears Tactics.

I played Tactics on PC but it was a good time. Fun game. A couple annoyances here and there toward the endgame but overall a very fun turn based squad game. Looks very good for the genre too

I am really keeping an eye on this game. I think it has potential.

The devs claim they offer a legit wide variety of viable build options, including powers-only builds, which interests me quite a bit.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on a game I should buy for the xsx?

I think first thing I will try is Gears Tactics.

Yakuza Like a Dragon, even if you're not normally a fan of the genre. Absolute quality.

You're going to see a lot of negativity, primarily from Sony fans it must be said, about Cyberpunk 2077 - but I can only say from personal experience it's fantastic. I've tried it out on Series X (quality mode) and Series S and it runs really, really well and looks great too. Series X is absolutely the definitive way to play the game on console and that's unlikely to change any time soon.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Gears 5 is a very good looking game on the XSX, period. The XSX version runs at or near the PC max settings which were pushing 2080tis at 4K/60. It also runs incredible smooth. Not Doom smooth where people assume the game is running at 120fps when it's actually 60fps, but right up there. Some people were trying really, really hard to point out every graphical flaw when it launched last year (those same people ignored identical or worse flaws in more recent games on their box). It made for a good litmus test to see if their posts were worth taking the time to read going forward.

Gears 5 Series X version is as much a remaster as Spiderman and the Hivebusters expansion looks incredibly beautiful. I think this game with Hivebusters at $0 is a MUCH better deal than the 'remastered Spiderman' + MM expansion at $70. :messenger_winking:

Regarding the bolded; I've found they're definitely NOT worth reading.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I played Tactics on PC but it was a good time. Fun game. A couple annoyances here and there toward the endgame but overall a very fun turn based squad game. Looks very good for the genre too

The devs claim they offer a legit wide variety of viable build options, including powers-only builds, which interests me quite a bit.

Thats my biggest issue with these types of games that have been chasing that destiny like experience. Theres just zero variety in game play from class to class.

silentstorm

Just one question, does anyone know when Xbox Christmas sales tend to happen?

Just curious because i plan to get some games for cheaper and sales on Christmas tend to be pretty common.

silentstorm

I can't wait until i beat the games i am playing and can finally try out Gears Of War in a non-Tactics way, sorry, it's just Game Pass equals way too many games.

It does look pretty though, i mean, those are the prettiest Gears Of War screenshots i have seen so far, i guess they got tired of people saying the games were too grey and brown?

silentstorm

Oh, and there really should be a thread so that people can share Gamertags, i mean, i mostly only play singleplayer, but it would still be a nice thing for the community.

Mine is GreatRidah1, but like i said, i mostly play singleplayer and i am not the kind to play for 3 or 5 hours straight and can get interrupted because of life(hence Quick Resume being awesome) so it's not worth sharing, but since i talked about it, may as well add mine.

Nice comparison of Bright Memory here, 1440p/60fps with Ray Tracing on Series S is really impressive.

The game is only really a demo (~2 hours gameplay, 1000 achievement points, $8) but a much, much larger version - Bright Memory Infinite - is coming next year and will be reduced at launch if you own this.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Nice comparison of Bright Memory here, 1440p/60fps with Ray Tracing on Series S is really impressive.

The game is only really a demo (~2 hours gameplay, 1000 achievement points, $8) but a much, much larger version - Bright Memory Infinite - is coming next year and will be reduced at launch if you own this.

The game is nice, but reflections are only screen space there and not RT (disappear when they go off camera, look at the ceiling lights).

Flintty

Is there a PR push happening for Halo Infinite? I just came into the staff cantina at work and they have big cardboard cutouts of the Chief with Monster energy drink branding. My workplace is the last place I expect to see Halo advertising!!

Top Bottom