• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Kagey K

Banned
Yes but there is a workaround.

All you have to do is, start the game and go to mods, download and enable the Uncap FPS mod, restart the game and open the mod menu again, disable the 60fps mod and restart the game. You can then play the game in 60fps with achievements included.
Oh this is news to me.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games

All you have to do is, start the game and go to mods, download and enable the Uncap FPS mod, restart the game and open the mod menu again, disable the 60fps mod and restart the game. You can then play the game in 60fps with achievements included.
Sometimes I feel like not bothering with this forum but it's diamonds like this that makes putting up with the crap worth it.
Thank you very much.

Here's a video guide if anyone is interested. He claims you need to do it every time you start the game, but actually if you keep Skyrim in the Quick Resume memory then you only need to do it once. Otherwise it's accurate.

DrDamn

Would be good if they added it properly to the game now it's more or less part of the family. Useful to know there is a work-around though, thanks.

Gerdav

Not scientific, but I find the more games you have in a quick resume state the slower they are to load in general regardless of generation, Valhalla was taking less than 4 seconds I would estimate when it was re enabled, I now have Valhalla, Planet Coaster, CyberPunk and FH4 in quick resume and Valhalla takes a good 10-12 seconds.

I know I am quoting myself here, but has the system update that was in preview been released overnight to everyone? Or have MS done something in the background.

My above post has been my experience since launch day whenever QR has worked, today is a night and day difference, QR is loading everything in under 5 seconds, optimised or previous gens, my experience was the more games in a QR state the longer they were “stuck” if that’s the right word in the splash screen before the quick resume text/icon appeared, today as soon as I switch games the QR text/icon appears almost instantly.

Honestly, imo a fully functioning QR is the best next gen feature of either console.

I know I am quoting myself here, but has the system update that was in preview been released overnight to everyone? Or have MS done something in the background.

My above post has been my experience since launch day whenever QR has worked, today is a night and day difference, QR is loading everything in under 5 seconds, optimised or previous gens, my experience was the more games in a QR state the longer they were “stuck” if that’s the right word in the splash screen before the quick resume text/icon appeared, today as soon as I switch games the QR text/icon appears almost instantly.

Honestly, imo a fully functioning QR is the best next gen feature of either console.

Yeah they've been quietly updating and fixing it in the background, no updates seemingly required.

I haven't counted longer than 6 seconds on any game but most are 3-4. Haven't had QR drop a game unexpectedly in weeks either.

Absolutely the best next gen feature, I can't go back to not having it.

asocirev

Any issues with QR screwing up achievement tracking or unlocking? I get nervous about glitching achievements or getting false playtime when things aren’t shutdown.

Gerdav

Any issues with QR screwing up achievement tracking or unlocking? I get nervous about glitching achievements or getting false playtime when things aren’t shutdown.

I have been playing the Gears 5 Hivebusters DLC this afternoon and had no issues in them unlocking, I unlocked 4 that all popped up when they should have, not looked at tracking today though.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
None game is in sleep state, so it's like it's not running. Don't worry.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Don't forget to download the "Uncap FPS" mod which should allow the game to run at a solid 60fps on Series X/S.

Just added to 'play later'. I now have over 30 games in that list. It's getting ridiculous how many games I have to play on a console with nO GaMEeZ. Then there is the Dead Space trilogy, the games I bought during the last sale and I don't even own Valhalla or CP2077 yet.

I have YEARS worth of games. I don't see anyway for me to get through them all before the big 1st party games start to drop.

M1chl

Hivebusters looking sweet (XSX)
15.12.2020_18-58-10-j5ej0t.png

Elias

Just added to 'play later'. I now have over 30 games in that list. It's getting ridiculous how many games I have to play on a console with nO GaMEeZ. Then there is the Dead Space trilogy, the games I bought during the last sale and I don't even own Valhalla or CP2077 yet.

I have YEARS worth of games. I don't see anyway for me to get through them all before the big 1st party games start to drop.
Xbox has no games!!

Banjo64

cumsessed
How do you choose what to install? I don't seem to have the option
On the main menu press pause then options, at the bottom of the options menu there’s an option called ‘install manager’.

Just uninstalled the campaign. Love this feature on MCC. It’s class.

Man, I am seeing some screenshots of the Hivebusters DLC running on Series X and it looks sharp as hell. Is the whole game this gorgeous on Series X or did the DLC come with some extra layers of fidelity? Pretty impressive.

Honestly looks better, or at least just as good, as the game running maxed out on my PC, from what I remember anyway (been awhile, might have to redownload).

Was there a new batch of consoles available today at Walmart and Best Buy??? And they're out... Goddammit why am always the last one to find out. Fuck it I just hooked up my SNES mini. I will be playing Earthbound or Super Mario RPG for my Christmas break while I cry on the inside.

Was there a new batch of consoles available today at Walmart and Best Buy??? And they're out... Goddammit why am always the last one to find out. Fuck it I just hooked up my SNES mini. I will be playing Earthbound or Super Mario RPG for my Christmas break while I cry on the inside.
You can still get them at bestbuy but shipped to store and packaged systems with controllers or games.

M1chl

Is this also some big patch, because Gears are now bigger even without Hivebusters (but that's probably just key), but more importantly the load time in Hivebusters take like 5-10s circa to load, which seems to be using the Velocity, not sure how else would be so quick...

You can still get them at bestbuy but shipped to store and packaged systems with controllers or games.
I've been trying but nothing. I'm so upset because my cousin knew about it and "forgot to tell me". He probably forgot in earnest because he didn't get one but 2 of his friends did. Oh well SNES mini time.

mcc_public_infographic_bythenumbers_blog_1920x9852-b2480495e50145e0b7933493a49ad31e.jpg

Does the whole game look like this on Series X? Or did the new DLC come with improved graphics? This looks clean as hell on Xsx

Eo1Y0biW4AAcH8F

Gears 5 is a very good looking game on the XSX, period. The XSX version runs at or near the PC max settings which were pushing 2080tis at 4K/60. It also runs incredible smooth. Not Doom smooth where people assume the game is running at 120fps when it's actually 60fps, but right up there. Some people were trying really, really hard to point out every graphical flaw when it launched last year (those same people ignored identical or worse flaws in more recent games on their box). It made for a good litmus test to see if their posts were worth taking the time to read going forward.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
The MCC team they put together in 2018 has been phenomenal. H1/H2 still aren't 1:1 on account of being the PC versions but the game is actually good now. I always look forward to their updates. Fixing MCC is the best thing 343 has ever done. I don't have a high opinion of the studio as a whole but everything MCC since 2018 has been a commendable effort.

Kagey K

Banned
Just played some Horizon 4 for the first time in forever tonight, and goddamn did they add a bunch more stuff to do, at no extra fee.

Anyone that says Games as a Service are bad only need to look at games like this to see if you really like a game there is nothing wrong with them adding more to it after it’s launched.

This whole I love a game for 8-20 hours and then I forget it ever existed mentality is dumb to me.

It’s nice to go back to a game after a hiatus and to find there is essentially an entirely new game worth of content for you to plow through.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Girlfriend just ordered me an xsx but missed the Ps5. Not mad about it, I'll only have to buy a Ps5 now :messenger_beaming:.

I can maybe give CP2077 a go now. Depends now after seeing all the outrage lol
I'm playing through it now on SX and I'm really enjoying it. It looks great and honestly I don't think it will look that much better when its updated. I watched DF video when Alex was going through the settings and I didn't think I was missing out on much and he had it running on a 3090. Obviously no RT and I few little things that I probably won't of noticed until i watched the video but the atmosphere is still there which is a big part of this game imo Also the further you get in the game it seems to run better.

Top Bottom