• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Mr.ODST

Well just had the option from a store to buy a Series X so couldnt resist, think I'm fully invested now 😂
4DdnVto.jpg

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Had the Series S for last week and really really impressed with it, aslong as you dont mind resolution the fact everything is as snappy as the X including playing destiny in 60fps and getting into games within 30 seconds is amazing, and its incredibly small

Im not in the market for the S but I have suggested to a few people already that just dont care about resolution but want something new. You cant beat the price.

Last edited:
Im not in the market for the S but I have suggested to a few people already that just dont care about resolution but want something new. You cant beat the price.
I have the X but I purchased the S for my father as a Christmas present because he is a very casual gamer who just wants to hop in a few matches of CoD with my brothers and me every now and then. After seeing the positive impressions here (as well as the fact that it can run Cyberpunk so well) I’m more than certain he’ll love it.

Riky

$MSFT
Had the Series S for last week and really really impressed with it, aslong as you dont mind resolution the fact everything is as snappy as the X including playing destiny in 60fps and getting into games within 30 seconds is amazing, and its incredibly small

It's really nice on a 1080p TV, perfect for a bedroom console. I move between the two and it's totally seamless.

MadPanda

Banned
Guys I've got a problem with my one x. I was playing Doom eternal last night, everything was fine. I left it in rest mode downloading many games. This morning I turned it on to see how it's going before going to work and I first noticed how warm it is. Then in the menus it wasn't responsive, didn't want to open almost anything. It wasn't downloading anything. I tried to restart it but it was stuck. Then I turned it off using xbox button on the console. It was blinking rather long. Tried to turn it on and it was projecting a green screen. Turned it off completely, literally out it into the fridge to cool it off asap as I had to go to work, tried it later on and it worked. Tried some forza horizon 4 and it played without problems. So what could be wrong with it? Thermal paste on the apu? Is it dying?

Sorry for the long post but I need help.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Guys I've got a problem with my one x. I was playing Doom eternal last night, everything was fine. I left it in rest mode downloading many games. This morning I turned it on to see how it's going before going to work and I first noticed how warm it is. Then in the menus it wasn't responsive, didn't want to open almost anything. It wasn't downloading anything. I tried to restart it but it was stuck. Then I turned it off using xbox button on the console. It was blinking rather long. Tried to turn it on and it was projecting a green screen. Turned it off completely, literally out it into the fridge to cool it off asap as I had to go to work, tried it later on and it worked. Tried some forza horizon 4 and it played without problems. So what could be wrong with it? Thermal paste on the apu? Is it dying?

Did you really put it in the fridge.....

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

That sounds really bad, keep in mind I am not tech literate though, hopefully some more knowledgeable people in here can give you better advice than me. Me, I'd probably contact support and/or send it back for replacement.

MadPanda

Banned
That sounds really bad, keep in mind I am not tech literate though, hopefully some more knowledgeable people in here can give you better advice than me. Me, I'd probably contact support and/or send it back for replacement.
It's 3 years old and I'm not in the USA so I can't send it back :(

cormack12

Gold Member
Downloaded Gears last night. Hive just looked too damn good. Gotta say I'm having a lot of fun right now. Ori is fucking beautiful, but I liked Unravel and Little Nightmares so these types of games appeal to me. Grounded is actually fun but I don't think I have time for it. Been going back to Playstation for Valhalla, Fifa/PES, Red Dead Online as I'd already started and bought them. Cyberpunk parked as can't handle the crashes to menu.

Prefer the xbox default controller (except the bumpers) as well. Just need more time now!!

The Series X is a beastly console....the mixture of power and silence is quite like nothing I’ve experienced in the console space before...and I’m an old timer. And I agree with the growing narrative that it seems like it’s just starting to hit it’s stride in terms of features like quick resume (that Forza video says it all) and it’s technical capabilities. A slow start with exclusive titles, sure....but I think MS is about to hit it out of the park with the Series consoles. Series S is gaining an admiring following too.

And effin’ Flight Simulator is coming. 😳

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Did you try a hard reboot first?

Does anyone have the best recommendation for TVs that work with all the new stuff on the XSX? HDMI 2.1, VRR, 120hz, etc. It seems like every TV does some things good, and others crappy.

I have an older Samsung right now which is OKAY but I really want to take advantage of all the bells and whistles.

RaZoR No1

They probably still haven't fixed the savegame bug on WD Legion right?
If not, I will probably not buy it then.
Was thinking if. it is worth buying the Ultimate version or just the base..

RaZoR No1

Does anyone have the best recommendation for TVs that work with all the new stuff on the XSX? HDMI 2.1, VRR, 120hz, etc. It seems like every TV does some things good, and others crappy.

I have an older Samsung right now which is OKAY but I really want to take advantage of all the bells and whistles.
I think currently the LG CX TV is your best.
But so far none of the TVs are perfect or flawless.
If you can still wait, wait until the next wave of new TVs is released with proper HDMI 2.1 support etc.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

The x90h will get those features added via a firmware patch. I'd probably wait it out for now though until they do get patched in.

The Medium is up for pre-load.

Man this is so good when you go to the MS store and see it's on game pass so I already have the entitlement.

Kagey K

Banned

silentstorm

Yeah, i have been looking, not every game on my wishlist is on sale, and not all of them have big sales, still got Crash Trilogy and i am looking at Radiant Silvergun and some others.

Also, Mega Man 11 not on sale unless i get a bundle of all Mega Man games but the others individually are on sale...really, not that it's the worst thing ever, i just found that curious.

I think currently the LG CX TV is your best.
But so far none of the TVs are perfect or flawless.
If you can still wait, wait until the next wave of new TVs is released with proper HDMI 2.1 support etc.

Thank you, yeah.. probably the smart bet, but it's so much more fun to get instant satisfaction! Hopefully next years sets have better 2.1 implementation.

I really like the LG OLED.. maybe the 2021 will fix some of the issues?

The x90h will get those features added via a firmware patch. I'd probably wait it out for now though until they do get patched in.

Man this is so good when you go to the MS store and see it's on game pass so I already have the entitlement.

I was THIS (imagine a very tiny gap) close to buying the 85" at Costco when it was on sale, but all the firmware stuff scared me off. I guess wait and see will rule the day for another day... !

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I was finally able to preorder a Xbox Series X!!! Thank you Walmart. The only downside is that it won't be delivered until January 12, 2021. I also got the Xbox Elite Controller 2.

Sucks that I won't have the system for my 2 week break but better late than never.

Congratulations, welcome to next gen!

It seems like limited stock is dropping semi-regularly for both the Series consoles and both PS5s so lots of people here that missed out on the initial preorders are getting lucky these days.

Great to see people that want and appreciate the new consoles are getting them instead of scalper scum.

RaZoR No1

Thank you, yeah.. probably the smart bet, but it's so much more fun to get instant satisfaction! Hopefully next years sets have better 2.1 implementation.

I really like the LG OLED.. maybe the 2021 will fix some of the issues?

I was THIS (imagine a very tiny gap) close to buying the 85" at Costco when it was on sale, but all the firmware stuff scared me off. I guess wait and see will rule the day for another day... !
If you do not need VRR right know and currently can live with the blurry 4k 120hz issue, then it is a very nice TV.
The other bugs reported did not happen to me, but TBH I mostly use it for gaming only and do not use eARC etc.

Currently we dont know, if the 4k 120hz bug will ever be fixed or not.

I have the 65" version and I am very happy with it

Last edited:
Congratulations, welcome to next gen!

It seems like limited stock is dropping semi-regularly for both the Series consoles and both PS5s so lots of people here that missed out on the initial preorders are getting lucky these days.

Great to see people that want and appreciate the new consoles are getting them instead of scalper scum.
Thanks! The wait was frustrating but I was finally able to snatch one. I can't wait to try the new Gears DLC and get back to playing a bit of competitive Halo with the Elite Controller 2. I'm also looking forward to The Medium and all the exclusives that are going to land next year.

MadPanda

Banned
Did you try a hard reboot first?

I didn't as I even don't know what's that. BTW my one x is now working fine, I was playing some games last night and everything was fine. I'm just worried it might happen again.

LG BC, cx, or b9 and c9 if you could find them. Samsung Q80T is a strong choice too. Sony x900h is a good TV but if you want all these features I wouldn't go for it right now. There's the problem with 4k/120hz and blurriness and there's a high probability it's never going to be fixed 100%. It may be usable to you, depends how sensitive you are. VRR is not available and who knows how it's going to be implemented?

Regarding cx and its issues, only issue it has is vrr Gama issue and I don't think it's going to be solved with 2021 TVs, and maybe never as it's a problem inherent with the oled technology. I don't think it's you should skip it because of that but that's on you to decide. No TV is perfect and 2021 TVs probably won't be perfect too. You could get a good price on current TVs. If you wait, new tvs release in the summer at full price and discounts happen at the end of the year so good luck.
CES 2021 is in January and you'll get every TV manufacturer 2021 lineup at CES so if you're that unsure wait for CES.

Jemm

They probably still haven't fixed the savegame bug on WD Legion right?
If not, I will probably not buy it then.
Was thinking if. it is worth buying the Ultimate version or just the base..
There have been two recent patches and the first of them fixed the save game bug.

I've experienced the problem, but since the first patch it has run smoothly. AC Valhalla is more impressive / longer, but WDL is fun in its own way. After those games, I can't really touch CP2077 before XSX patch arrives. It is just too blurry for me.

RaZoR No1

There have been two recent patches and the first of them fixed the save game bug.

I've experienced the problem, but since the first patch it has run smoothly. AC Valhalla is more impressive / longer, but WDL is fun in its own way. After those games, I can't really touch CP2077 before XSX patch arrives. It is just too blurry for me.
That's good to know
I still cant decide, if it is worth getting the ultimate edition or not 😅

Top Bottom