• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

reksveks

Wonder what they could be referring to here?

'unless .... we will get back to you soon'

Probably nothing important

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Is there a list of games that have been tested for Auto HDR? I keep wondering about Metal Gear Solid HD collection, Half-Life 2, and Ninja Gaiden Black.

OcJW4Oj.png

Some details from this;

• Starfield is a singleplayer, no multiplayer aspects.
  • Procedural generation confirmed for Starfield and TES:VI
    • This is a tool for developers to create massive landmass, so expect Starfield (planets?) to be much larger than Fallout 76’s map, which is already four times bigger than Skyrim.
  • Huge major overhaul to the Creation Engine - larger than the jump from Morrowind to Oblivion (" when people see the results, hopefully they’d be as happy as we are.")
    • Rendering
    • Animation
    • Artificial Intelligence & Pathing
    • Procedural Generation
    • And more areas.
  • “It’s going to be a while” until we see Starfield, the release can be subject to delays etc. so he really doesn’t feel comfortable talking about it yet.
    • He doesn’t want to reveal Starfield earlier and just release teasers until the eventual release like Cyberpunk.
  • NPCs will play a large role in future games, cities will be expansive and large compared to past games, etc.
  • Will be on Game Pass from Day 1 alongside ES:VI.

Did they just kinda confirm ES:VI is in development?

That and Starfield in GP Day 1 are megatons. I'm curious when we'll see them; Starfield could be 2021, but I'm guessing ES:VI is further out. Wonder who'd come out first between that and Avowed :pie_thinking:

Last edited:
Did they just kinda confirm ES:VI is in development?

That and Starfield in GP Day 1 are megatons. I'm curious when we'll see them; Starfield could be 2021, but I'm guessing ES:VI is further out. Wonder who'd come out first between that and Avowed :pie_thinking:

It was assumed Zenimax games would be GP Day one but it's nice to see it confirmed.

The real talking point is Starfield. IMO this means a 2022 title, but that could certainly make it late enough that no deals with Sony could be made and it's free, like TES VI etc, to be Xbox console exclusive.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It was assumed Zenimax games would be GP Day one but it's nice to see it confirmed.

The real talking point is Starfield. IMO this means a 2022 title, but that could certainly make it late enough that no deals with Sony could be made and it's free, like TES VI etc, to be Xbox console exclusive.

I hope this is true. After Sony allegedly tried to moneyhat Starfield and DID moneyhat 2 other Bethesda games, I would REALLY love to see the PS5 locked out of Starfield forever. It's karma.

Andodalf

Banned

2021 is still very much in play. Their MO is to make it seem like a game barley exists until they're ready for the full reveal.

2021 is still very much in play. Their MO is to make it seem like a game barley exists until they're ready for the full reveal.

If COVID were not a thing then perhaps 2021 would be possible. Timelines for pretty much everything are in flux. But who knows, all of us are guessing. 🤷‍♂️

I do wonder how the whole Bethesda games on PlayStation works. Do Sony’s rights to their games expire, let’s say, at the end of 2021? If so, I would imagine that MGS would be urging Todd and Company to take their time with it and have it polished up nicely for 2022. 😊

Andodalf

Banned
If COVID were not a thing then perhaps 2021 would be possible. Timelines for pretty much everything are in flux. But who knows, all of us are guessing. 🤷‍♂️

I do wonder how the whole Bethesda games on PlayStation works. Do Sony’s rights to their games expire, let’s say, at the end of 2021? If so, I would imagine that MGS would be urging Todd and Company to take their time with it and have it polished up nicely for 2022. 😊

What? Sony doesn't have blanket rights to their games, lol. The other Zeni games were deals on a game by game basis. and the year they come out doesn't impact the deal. No deal exists for starfield ofc.

Also It's more likely that Covid killed a 2020/2021 Spring launch window target than pushes the game past Holiday 2021 IMO

Well hot damn. I actually never got the last two collectibles. Maybe I'll install it just to check out 120fps.

I’m on the final level and it’s proving to be very challenging. I’ve put the game to the side for the past week while I lick my wounds. I’ll give it a final push....on the XSX....in 120fps?!

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I’m on the final level and it’s proving to be very challenging. I’ve put the game to the side for the past week while I lick my wounds. I’ll give it a final push....on the XSX....in 120fps?!

That last area is pretty tough. Basically can't touch the floor for most of it but it's satisfying as hell.

Andodalf

Banned

John confirms XsX running Gears 5 "on par" with an RTX2080 but with more demanding graphical settings (which will be available on the PC version too)

This test was with like for like Ultra settings, so the same on both. It was also way before release, so not as optimized as the final build.

Mr.ODST

yeah, not got high expectations. probably will just be a stream of ac:valhalla, wd:legions and yakuza

Most likely finally showing next-gen footage of games to sell them and showing what the console can sort of do.

Either that or Halo Infinite Surprise 😆

Andodalf

Banned
Most likely finally showing next-gen footage of games to sell them and showing what the console can sort of do.

Either that or Halo Infinite Surprise 😆

I didn't buy the Halo pre launch rumors, but then I did, but now I don't again lol

I hope this is true. After Sony allegedly tried to moneyhat Starfield and DID moneyhat 2 other Bethesda games, I would REALLY love to see the PS5 locked out of Starfield forever. It's karma.

Even if they did get Starfield, contracts are malleable in cases of ownership transitions like what's happening with Zenimax. I'm still under the impression the exclusivity on at least one of those other Bethesda titles (Death Loop or Ghostwire Tokyo) are in flux and there could be some terms in the contracts to stipulate exclusivity period from an agreed-upon data wherein however if the game(s) get delayed, that could eat into the exclusivity period.

Heck it could be possible Zenimax and/or Microsoft pay out the exclusivity period altogether with Sony in return for the games being multi-plat from the outset. Though, that probably only seems worth doing if work on PS5 version isn't too far along (since Death Loop at least has a 2021 release then yeah it's very far along at this point xD) and if Xbox versions had been started at some point before the exclusivity was purchased by Sony. If so, then the question remains how much additional progress has been done on that version while Bethesda prioritized the PS5 version?

If the Xbox version is fairly well along, then I guess I can see MS paying out Sony on the contract in return for reneging the timed exclusivity, if MS has full ownership of Zenimax officially before Death Loop is set to be published. What would it take for Sony to agree those terms though? Probably not as much a reliance factor on Death Loop or Ghostwire being timed exclusive in the first place. Since neither are launch titles, rather 2021 titles (at least for Death Loop), Sony'd weigh the rest of their expected 2021 offerings and see if they feel they could "afford" the loss of timed exclusivity on those games. They'd also consider MS's 2021 slate as well to see if giving up that timed exclusivity (in exchange for a lump payout from MS to renege the timed exclusivity terms) would give MS an advantage Sony felt they couldn't risk.

If Xbox and/or PC versions aren't that far along, then I can see MS letting Death Loop and/or Ghostwire Tokyo retaining at least some timed exclusivity on PS5 because why not? Xbox versions would still need work done on them and you can leverage profits from the PS5 versions while finishing the Xbox versions. Assuming no deals for DLC timed exclusivity were set up though, MS could easily have DLC timed exclusive to the Xbox and PC versions (or even just outright exclusive if they want).

AO has some XSX in stock -UK

There's a game store named Adult Only in the UK? ;)

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Am I that only one in the US/NA that bought from MS store and still hasn't been billed. I'm on the phone with their support, getting nowhere fast.

After chatting for a while with support it looks like everything is still fine and in pending status. I'm going to assume that because I live close to WA in neighboring OR that shipping is fastest to here and maybe they'll charge me in the later groups? Who knows.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it would be nice. A lot of fanboys cried about "MS is a monopoly" while Sony is using its market share domination to get themselves deals. Who is the monopoly then? And who is using monopolistic powers to exclude the whole bunch of gamers?

One thing is when you just entering the market or at least have some more or less equal share. But when you have almost 3:1 domination it is almost like bullying LMAO. At least with MS pockets, they won't end like SEGA, because they could very well end like them.

Last edited:
Even if they did get Starfield, contracts are malleable in cases of ownership transitions like what's happening with Zenimax. I'm still under the impression the exclusivity on at least one of those other Bethesda titles (Death Loop or Ghostwire Tokyo) are in flux and there could be some terms in the contracts to stipulate exclusivity period from an agreed-upon data wherein however if the game(s) get delayed, that could eat into the exclusivity period.

Heck it could be possible Zenimax and/or Microsoft pay out the exclusivity period altogether with Sony in return for the games being multi-plat from the outset. Though, that probably only seems worth doing if work on PS5 version isn't too far along (since Death Loop at least has a 2021 release then yeah it's very far along at this point xD) and if Xbox versions had been started at some point before the exclusivity was purchased by Sony. If so, then the question remains how much additional progress has been done on that version while Bethesda prioritized the PS5 version?

If the Xbox version is fairly well along, then I guess I can see MS paying out Sony on the contract in return for reneging the timed exclusivity, if MS has full ownership of Zenimax officially before Death Loop is set to be published. What would it take for Sony to agree those terms though? Probably not as much a reliance factor on Death Loop or Ghostwire being timed exclusive in the first place. Since neither are launch titles, rather 2021 titles (at least for Death Loop), Sony'd weigh the rest of their expected 2021 offerings and see if they feel they could "afford" the loss of timed exclusivity on those games. They'd also consider MS's 2021 slate as well to see if giving up that timed exclusivity (in exchange for a lump payout from MS to renege the timed exclusivity terms) would give MS an advantage Sony felt they couldn't risk.

If Xbox and/or PC versions aren't that far along, then I can see MS letting Death Loop and/or Ghostwire Tokyo retaining at least some timed exclusivity on PS5 because why not? Xbox versions would still need work done on them and you can leverage profits from the PS5 versions while finishing the Xbox versions. Assuming no deals for DLC timed exclusivity were set up though, MS could easily have DLC timed exclusive to the Xbox and PC versions (or even just outright exclusive if they want).
I think Ghostwire and Deathloop contracts will remain. It is just not a great look to break them and would soil relation between Sony and MS. But those games might highly likely end on PC GamePass.

Top Bottom