• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

I think Ghostwire and Deathloop contracts will remain. It is just not a great look to break them and would soil relation between Sony and MS. But those games might highly likely end on PC GamePass.

Truthfully, I'm not saying for MS to go out of bounds to break whatever agreements are already in place with them. Just that, if there are loopholes to whatever Bethesda/Zenimax agreed to when they granted the timed exclusivity rights to Sony originally, MS could leverage those.

If they actually did want to renege on the rights, they'd have to reach a settlement agreement with Sony to do so, otherwise whatever the contract for those games stipulates would need to legally remain.

Truthfully, I'm not saying for MS to go out of bounds to break whatever agreements are already in place with them. Just that, if there are loopholes to whatever Bethesda/Zenimax agreed to when they granted the timed exclusivity rights to Sony originally, MS could leverage those.
I think it was pretty plain like here is the money, don't publish to Xbox for a year/month/whatever. And is it even worth it? We don't know a lot about the games. So whatever.

Just put the logo of Xbox Games Studios before starting the game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
My Best Buy order billed as well. Now to wait and see which one shows up first. I have no hope for the one that hasn't been billed yet showing up on launch.
I'm fully expecting Canada Post to not get the package before the cut-off time on Monday. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I have a Series X in my hands on Tuesday.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
hawC0Xy.jpg

Whew, hadn't heard from Argos since pre-ordering, hope you guys got confirmation emails too

Bollocks. I have not received an email from Argos.

If they actually did want to renege on the rights, they'd have to reach a settlement agreement with Sony to do so, otherwise whatever the contract for those games stipulates would need to legally remain.

Personally I think MS should just ignore PS and its fanbase altogether with Bethesda's games until those games come with GamePass on PS5. Do its own thing, make inroads in different areas with GP, etc. MS needs to buy more studios though to bring more diversity into their lineup. So far it again boils down to WRPG, Racing, and Shooters. They need 3rd person games too. GoW is ok, but it is a shooter basically.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
I am sitting in the same boat. I might go for WD or Valhalla. I will definetly dive into Horizon 4 again.
Battlefield V will also be on my list through game pass.

The wait till Cyperpunk will be hard.
And it is even better if you can get to play with your friends in co-op. I played as jack and it was pretty great to play the game differently than ever before.

Thanks all! So my Xbox Series X launch titles in current order of preference

Gears 5
+ Next gen patch
+ Coop with Mrs Gong
- Gears 4 was boring

Jedi Fallen Order
+ Never played past first 30min
+ Love Star Wars
- No next gen patch I know of?

Watch Dogs Legion
+ Actual next gen version
+ It’s f’ing London!
+ Loved og Dogs
- Watch Dogs 2 seemed meh

Assasins Creed Valhalla
+ It’s f’ing Vikings!
+ Loved AC 1-3 and BH
- Formula got stale after 4 games
- If I wanted vikings, I still need to complete GoW

Battlefield V
+ Love Battlefield
+ Never played V
- Woke, reeeee etc.

Lol, tbh could not have predicted that this would be my next gen Xbox launch games list a year ago even

Last edited:

Concern

Thanks all! So my Xbox Series X launch titles in current order of preference

Gears 5
+ Next gen patch
+ Coop with Mrs Gong
- Gears 4 was boring

Jedi Fallen Order
+ Never played past first 30min
+ Love Star Wars

Watch Dogs Legion
+ It’s f’ing London!
+ Loved og Dogs
- Watch Dogs 2 seemed meh

Assasins Creed Valhalla
+ It’s f’ing Vikings!
+ Loved AC 1-3 and BH
- Formula got stale after 4 games
- If I wanted vikings, I still need to complete GoW

Battlefield V
+ Love Battlefield
+ Never played V
- Woke, reeeee etc.

Lol, tbh could not have predicted that this would be my next gen Xbox launch games list a year ago even

No Gears Tactics? That would be my first pick if I was in day one.

Personally I think MS should just ignore PS and its fanbase altogether with Bethesda's games until those games come with GamePass on PS5. Do its own thing, make inroads in different areas with GP, etc. MS needs to buy more studios though to bring more diversity into their lineup. So far it again boils down to WRPG, Racing, and Shooters. They need 3rd person games too. GoW is ok, but it is a shooter basically.

Wouldn't mind more Japanese games, myself. It's not impossible for them to buy a Japanese studio (they technically already have through Zenimax with Tango Studios), but I guess it would come down to the best pick for whatever amount they're willing to work with.

Or, they could consider seeing if a couple of those Chinese studios (the ones doing Bright Memory Infinite and that Monkey King game in particular) are up for being purchased, too. Lots of talent there, and would help a lot with expanding the brand's appeal in Asian regions.

Is buying an Xbox One (S or X) something stupid right now? I'm asking because I live in China and here the new ones are still going to take a while to launch.

And by the way, I know that Xbox has a custom firmware here in China, is there any way I can change the console to my country? Does anyone know anything? (Don't know if I can ask here)

Is buying an Xbox One (S or X) something stupid right now? I'm asking because I live in China and here the new ones are still going to take a while to launch.

And by the way, I know that Xbox has a custom firmware here in China, is there any way I can change the console to my country? Does anyone know anything? (Don't know if I can ask here)

Not at all.

A far better prospect than buying a current gen PlayStation. The Xbox One will continue to be supported for a year or two and the X is still a beast.

Definitely get a One X if you can.

Not at all.

A far better prospect than buying a current gen PlayStation. The Xbox One will continue to be supported for a year or two and the X is still a beast.

Definitely get a One X if you can.
My biggest problem is Game Pass and my bloody internet connection. China doesn't have game pass, so I would need to change the console's firmware. I can buy a cheap used one x here, but that's the only thing I worry about.

Roberts

I wonder why so little has been said about doubling the framerate for older games. We saw that Fallout 4 video and that's about it. Do you guys think it's because only very few games can do that and they simply don't want to oversell that feature?

Elias

I wonder why so little has been said about doubling the framerate for older games. We saw that Fallout 4 video and that's about it. Do you guys think it's because only very few games can do that and they simply don't want to oversell that feature?
They are still working on it.

Andodalf

Banned
Getting my Penrose X whenever those come, but Had to Cancel my XSX pre order as it wasn't coming on launch day, so I'm gunna try my luck finding one launch day...

TBiddy

Hmm, I think the Arctis headsets are a bit pricey for my taste. I have no qualms using a cabled headset (AUX) that I can plug in to my controller.

Lone Wolf

So excited, MS store charge went through today and I've got FedEx tracking. It's sitting in Ontario right now which is only about 60 miles from Metro Los Angeles but they aren't delivering it until the 10th.
Same situation here. Mine is in Elizabeth NJ, and I’m waiting impatiently in NY.

splattered

Three of mine have switched over to arriving on Nov 10th, yay! Now just waiting on the Target status update if that's a thing. Hoping it doesn't get cancelled. Crappy thing is delivery from Target is ETA Nov 11th-16th so i gotta hold back one of them until the Target one arrives so we can set them up for both kids at the same time.

Yesterday I bought a 48 inch LG CX for my bedroom! The delivery is on Sunday so my TV will be ready to go. Now I just need to snatch a XSX after the 10th.

Do you guys have any ideas for people who weren't able to get a pre-order? Do I show up early at Gamestop or Best Buy? I have a feeling there won't be many Series X in the wild until next year. Hopefully I'm wrong

Andodalf

Banned
Yesterday I bought a 48 inch LG CX for my bedroom! The delivery is on Sunday so my TV will be ready to go. Now I just need to snatch a XSX after the 10th.

Do you guys have any ideas for people who weren't able to get a pre-order? Do I show up early at Gamestop or Best Buy? I have a feeling there won't be many Series X in the wild until next year. Hopefully I'm wrong

Target will apparently sell some PS5 the day of online for in store pickup only, so they might do the same with the SXIS

Pantz

I like how this guy explains things. Personally, I'm going to wait a few years, maybe for pro consoles (if that happens), to get a new TV.

Top Bottom