• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Rossco EZ

Big interview with Jason Ronald, lots of interesting stuff there but this bit is my fav;
i think this was expected, i didn’t think they would give up on adding more titles. i think they even said they put the program on hold to focus on xbox’s launch?

i think this was expected, i didn’t think they would give up on adding more titles. i think they even said they put the program on hold to focus on xbox’s launch?

Correct, though that was marketing PR and this is the horse's mouth. Might be some work on frame rate doubling now, but it definitely sounds like the BC team will be jumping back in to pick up more OG and 360 titles soon, if not already.

In any case, Resonance of Fate please!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andodalf

Banned

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Well, I've now progressed from "Pending" to "Pre-ordered" with Nov. 10th delivery, but I haven't be charged yet so I'm hoping that happens soon.

Side note: I was in GameStop making a payment on my Series S and the clerk mentioned that they might have a couple extra XSX units on launch, in which case if I was early they would upgrade my XSS purchase and balance towards the XSX. Imma a member of the Lockhart Boyz club, so naturally I didn't give a shit(and I have XSX on MS Store Preorder).

If you're after a XSX, it might be worth calling some of these places to get an idea of any possible day 1 stock. Probably have to camp it out and be one of the first few people. Gotta weigh the pros and cons.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I was curious about 120fps games on the Series X|S consoles and WindowsCentral had a list, but with a lot of incomplete info. I copied the text of the table and the date, now I'm working on checking the developer listed info and looking for more. Here's what they had...
-Windows Central List-

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - November 13, 2020
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition - November 2020
Dirt 5 - November 2020
ExoMecha - 2021
Gears 5 - November 10, 2020
Halo Infinite - 2021
Halo: The Master Chief Collection - November 17, 2020
King Oddball - November 10, 2020
Metal: Hellsinger - 2021
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - November 10, 2020
Orphan of the Machine - Fall 2020
Rainbow Six Siege
Second Extinction
The Falconeer - November 10, 2020
The Touryst - November 10, 2020
-Digital Foundry/Eurogamer's List-

Full list of 120fps Xbox Series X games
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  • CrossCode
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
  • Dirt 5
  • ExoMecha
  • Gears 5 (multiplayer)
  • Halo Infinite (multiplayer)
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • King Oddball
  • Metal: Hellsinger
  • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Orphan of the Machine
  • Rainbow Six Siege
  • Second Extinction
  • The Falconeer
  • The Touryst

Last edited:

ZehDon

Just got the notification from the Microsoft Store that my Xbox Series X has shipped.

giphy.gif

Riky

$MSFT
45 mins until embargoes are up. Just watched The Tech Chap's review, leaked early (it's been set to private now) and he's glowing about Series X.

Yeah just caught it, what TV has he got because it looks amazing!

-Arcadia-

Banned

Eh. If it keeps going like this, the perception flips, but it takes more than a couple of games, not very demanding (this one features majorly on Switch) to do so. It seems to spend the vast majority of its time at 1080p, even in first party games, with special optimization and care put in.

Of course, that’s fine. Casuals wanting to spend $300 to enter next-gen will likely be good. But promoting it as a 1440p console, wherein people like us get more interested, I still think is well off the mark.

Eh. If it keeps going like this, the perception flips, but it takes more than a couple of games, not very demanding (this one features majorly on Switch) to do so. It seems to spend the vast majority of its time at 1080p, even in first party games, with special optimization and care put in.

Of course, that’s fine. Casuals wanting to spend $300 to enter next-gen will likely be good. But promoting it as a 1440p console, wherein people like us get more interested, I still think is well off the mark.

How about Enlisted?

1440p/60fps and Ray Tracing, even.

It's obvious the system is capable of more and it's harsh to judge it off the back of a few games that clearly haven't been optimised for it.

-Arcadia-

Banned

How about Enlisted?

1440p/60fps and Ray Tracing, even.

It's obvious the system is capable of more and it's harsh to judge it off the back of a few games that clearly haven't been optimised for it.

Is it, though? I’ve not known The Coalition, or Rare, to be technically lazy, or Microsoft to spare anything but the most lavish budgets to make it happen — all of these games being native next-gen games instead of BC should point at that. Likewise, I see some talented third party developers with a long, good reputation, doing the same.

If some time away from launch pressures, people get more to grips with the system, and that changes, fine, but we’re getting a sense of where the S sits, and it doesn’t really match how it was promoted, which was my point, alongside a year of that kind of thing, in those other threads.

Enlisted, likewise, if you look into it, is no Call of Duty, or even BFV. There’s again a reason that the game runs well.

I would say that an OT just before launch may not be the best place for this discussion, so if you want to go to PMs...

Is it, though? I’ve not known The Coalition, or Rare, to be technically lazy, or Microsoft to spare anything but the most lavish budgets to make it happen — all of these games being native next-gen games instead of BC should point at that. Likewise, I see some talented third party developers with a long, good reputation, doing the same.

If some time away from launch pressures, people get more to grips with the system, and that changes, fine, but we’re getting a sense of where the S sits, and it doesn’t really match how it was promoted, which was my point, alongside a year of that kind of thing, in those other threads.

Enlisted, likewise, if you look into it, is no Call of Duty, or even BFV. There’s again a reason that the game runs well.

I would say that an OT just before launch may not be the best place for this discussion, so if you want to go to PMs...

Disappointing to see you ignoring evidence and moving goalposts, but I'll leave it at that.

Flintty

I kinda missed this or didn’t realise the significance, but did I read right that Destiny 2 Beyond Light releases day one on XSX and is on game pass? If so, I think that’s one of my launch games!

That’s a super simple call that Microsoft have built into the Series S. Whatever you do at 4K the Series S will do at 1440p (or sometimes more, depending on if your game is CPU or GPU bound). That is honestly not a huge technological leap. In my experience it took really no effort to go from X to S, other than finding the optimal settings for the device for your game.

Top Bottom