• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Certinty

So I put my games on an external HDD (Dirt 5, Valhalla, Legion and Horizon 4) and put that into my Series X and it's downloading all of them again!

What the hell, I thought it would only download the updates?

bighugeguns

So I put my games on an external HDD (Dirt 5, Valhalla, Legion and Horizon 4) and put that into my Series X and it's downloading all of them again!

What the hell, I thought it would only download the updates?
Did you put them there from the same console or an outside console? You sure there isn't some migration tool you gotta use first?

Certinty

Did you put them there from the same console or an outside console? You sure there isn't some migration tool you gotta use first?
From a One X, sorry.

I thought I read here that I could just do that and the Series X would download the correct updates, maybe I was just misinformed then.

Going to be a long day of downloading.

bighugeguns

From a One X, sorry.

I thought I read here that I could just do that and the Series X would download the correct updates, maybe I was just misinformed then.

Going to be a long day of downloading.
You sure there isn't a console migration tool or something available? Sorry man I haven't got my console yet, still waiting for delivery..

Hostile_18

Banned
give it a bit of time mate, when i first got an xbox i was like wtf this is bright at night but just slowly forgot about it haha. i always wondered why people complained about dualshock light bar as the xbox light is brighter and more annoying tbh.

Thank you will do! Yeah I never noticed the PS4 one. Hopefully I'll get use to it quickly. Shame there isnt a dim level option on standard controllers. 😊

Ori's video modes can be toggled on the fly. Pretty neat. You can see a huge difference in details on screens. Even ori's outline is far sharper in 6K mode.

Having a blast with this. Saw someone say you can't see the difference with 6k mode, but switching makes it very obvious IMO. Also I really like the new HDR.

I'm only in Kwolok's Hollow, been juggling too many games since yesterday, but will burn through it this weekend.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Having a blast with this. Saw someone say you can't see the difference with 6k mode, but switching makes it very obvious IMO. Also I really like the new HDR.

I'm only in Kwolok's Hollow, been juggling too many games since yesterday, but will burn through it this weekend.

There's an obvious difference in background sharpness. The objects are far more defined in the 6K mode.

I have completed it twice but never got all the health stones so will maybe try to do that over the weekend just to check out other areas

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Oh Bo. Yeah, he's been warring even more so the past few days so I had to put him on my ignore list just to make this place a bit more bearable. Glad to see I'm not missing anything worth a damn by doing so.

small_law

What would be a recommended external drive?

For an SSD, get a Samsung T5. It's cheaper than Samsung's newest NVME-based SSD (T7) and the Xbox Series X only has a USB 3.1 (3.2 gen 1) interface so you can't make use of anything faster than 5 Gbps. I have one connected. For Xbox One games, it's plenty fast. Remember that you can connect more than one drive, so you can pair it with a big, slow HDD if you want all your games stored locally.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Series X waiting for me at home! Just need to finish shit at work 😫
I found that having my hip go due to some shitty arthritis thing means i've been signed off work for a month and has become some sort of weird blessing this week..

A painful one, but a blessing all the same

..Wheres my pills?

UncleMeat

Just a heads up for the Gears 5 update download: I booted up Gears 5 from my external HDD and it said it needed a 55gig update. So the download moved everything to the internal (or maybe just erased what was on the external) and downloaded the 55 gigs which was the whole game. But when it was finished I opened up the game and all the modes weren't working and said "mode is still downloading" even though there was nothing in my queue.

So I erased it and re-downloaded it from the store and this time it was a 72gig (or maybe 75gig) and then everything worked fine. So when you're updating this download make sure it's the 72 gig download and not the 55 gig download or else it won't work.

Last edited:
My new Series X is so much quieter than my One S. The new controller's face button are more responsive, but also louder than my gen 1 pro controller -- not sure yet which I prefer. Copying games from my slow-ass external hard drive is slow, as expected.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
My new Series X is so much quieter than my One S. The new controller's face button are more responsive, but also louder than my gen 1 pro controller -- not sure yet which I prefer. Copying games from my slow-ass external hard drive is slow, as expected.
It's definitely a clicky controller. Really like the feel of it though.

My own experience with the initial setup and first gameplay sessions has been a flawless one.

The only thing that has surprised me was the size of the upgrades for enhanced titles like Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5. Absolute behemoths. And I‘m not sure Forza Horizon 4 is working with Quick Resume for me...but I did hear something about MS working on some Quick Resume issues.

Between Gears 5, Ori....and especially Forza Horizon 4 - on my LG CX - my eyeballs can’t quite believe what they are seeing. Love the XSX...fast, quiet...you just get the sense of it’s effortless power and we haven’t seen a single game built for it yet. I’ll be mining the depths of Game Pass (and EA Play) for quite a while. For me....TOO MANY GAMES.

Been playing Jedi Fallen Order....and apart for some character jank, the story and gameplay are really good. So glad I missed it upon initial release.

Last edited:

Certinty

Not that it looks amazing, but Watch Dogs Legion looks tons better on the Series X than One X. Just a shame the pop-in is still very bad.

nikolino840

My own experience with the initial setup and first gameplay sessions has been a flawless one.

The only thing that has surprised me was the size of the upgrades for enhanced titles like Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5. Absolute behemoths. And I‘m not sure Forza Horizon 4 is working with Quick Resume for me...but I did hear something about MS working on some Quick Resume issues.

Between Gears 5, Ori....and especially Forza Horizon 4 - on my LG CX - my eyeballs can’t quite believe what they are seeing. Love the XSX...fast, quiet...you just get the sense of it’s effortless power and we haven’t seen a single game built for it yet. I’ll be mining the depths of Game Pass (and EA Play) for quite a while. For me....TOO MANY GAMES.

Been playing Jedi Fallen Order....and apart for some character jank, the story and gameplay are really good. So glad I missed it upon initial release.
Forza 4 is server-based,doesn't work with quick resume,idem others always online games

Forsythia

With Halo Infinite delayed I didn't preorder a new console... now my wife wants one after seeing Horizon 4 and Valhalla. It'll probably be next year for us. But these impressions are great! Truly sounds like a worthy upgrade.

Night.Ninja

Banned
With Halo Infinite delayed I didn't preorder a new console... now my wife wants one after seeing Horizon 4 and Valhalla. It'll probably be next year for us. But these impressions are great! Truly sounds like a worthy upgrade.

When you wife sees and hears about everyone's playing with their new big black consoles she might look at you a type of way

c66fad1ef45bde2009b40f827f1597ff.gif

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Too bad it's a Swtich port and not the superior PC/PS4 original.
Switch also ran at 720p 30 fps so this version graphically is a big improvement either way with its 4K 60 fps on consoles.

Switch version is 14GB and this version over 30GB. Pretty sure textures have been improved as well.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I've got the Steam version, I think this one has some content not on there? Could be wrong.

In any case, DQ on Xbox (Game Pass even) is great to see

Switch also ran at 720p 30 fps so this version graphically is a big improvement either way with its 4K 60 fps on consoles.

It has additional content but this version uses the lower quality Switch models and textures. It's a lazy cash grab.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
FH4 is just insane looking on XSX. So smooth and beautiful. All this power while nearly completely quiet and cool. Even visually, the console itself kinda fades into the background of your setup. I remember an article stating something to this effect: "It's like it's not even there." It's true.

I've had it downloading through the night. It's in the always-on/standby mode and I've just been adding games from my phone as I think of them. Loading times are ludicrously fast compared to Xbox One gen consoles. I haven't had a chance to try Quick Resume since I'm stacking a bunch of games first.

Top Bottom