• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown |OT| Neo GAF is Under Alien Control

Pepboy

2911594621_fdd8132841.jpg

To be fair, that boss took so many hits it was unclear if it was one of those "invincible enemies that require you to hit a switch before vulnerable" prominent in other games. In that sense, knowing it was killable was kind of a protip.

Oppo

we are now at that part where much like the way gigantic city-destroying bombs are portrayed in animation, there will be a flash and a deafening hush, a moment of tranquil reflection on the import of the moment just before the roar hits you and everyone rushes back into the thread and it all goes crazy

i like this part

Keikaku

What the hell is this "Updating XCOM: Enemy Unknown" bullshit?

I preloaded! I shouldn't have to suffer like some common peon >:|

Oppo

geez this is like a PS3 install. so slow.

still decrypting..

I will say, my first two Steam pre-purchases (this and Torchlight 2) did not exactly live up to the idea of "play immediately upon release". both times there's been other long step.

Arde5643

This morning I woke up with a fever and major discomfort in my groin and right side. I'm pretty sure I passed a stone and it hurts so much to sit upright right now. I've been battling a fever for the entire day and only now it appears to have broken. I also have been in tremendous pain when passing urine and there's a little blood in it.........

But.. I.. will.. play... XCOM... when...it...unlocks.....

doctorcdcs is critically wounded.

but seriously, get better dude - don't force yourself if it hurts too much.

Carm

Game is acting like Dota 2, thrashing the shit out of my hd non stop the past 7 minutes, haven't even hit the play button.

calder

Had to watch A-Rod flail away uselessly to end the game, but pretty good timing.

Ugh, Steam taking forever to 'update platform'. Seems to do that most times I open it now, is that normal?

Xarudace

Banned
I ordered the 360 on Amazon at 5:00 today. Two day shipping says it won't get here until Friday. Disappointing. Did all of Amazon's stock get delayed? I see a bunch of posts on Amazon's "forums" which seem to imply people who preordered it are definitely not getting it tomorrow as promised.

doctorcdcs is critically wounded.

but seriously, get better dude - don't force yourself if it hurts too much.

Yeah, i'm probably going to play it for a bit and then collapse on the bed soon after. I've ignored almost all of the gameplay trailers (except the initial trailer) and i've not read any reviews for fear of spoiling it. I need to play this... and as i typed this it JUST FINISHED UNPACKING I GO NOW

edit: ARGH DIRECTX INSTALL

sk3tch

C'mon guys - this is why you have a 6 core CPU and an SSD! 10 minutes less time to wait for your game to unlock on Steam...

Top Bottom