• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown |OT| Neo GAF is Under Alien Control

K.Sabot

Probably gonna get buried in Steam related posts, but tonight is the hardest decision I'll have to make this year.

I have enough for only XCom or Dishonored and I'm very conflicted, but veeeeeeery excited.

Yay it is out!

capturetgab1.png

Stupid Australia...

Soi-Fong

C'mon guys - this is why you have a 6 core CPU and an SSD! 10 minutes less time to wait for your game to unlock on Steam...

I have an 8 core CPU and a Sata III SSD, that I'm currently still downloading XCOM on the fact that I just literally bought it 40 minutes ago. :p

tborsje

have you set proxy to automatic in settings?
Yep. It's working now, but every couple of minutes it switches to 'limited access' and I lose Internet access. Probably a good way to corrupt my preload given I'm usually 10% through the unlock when it occurs...

Edit: looks like it manged to work for long enough for the game to unlock! Yay :)

I'm guessing spotflux was getting hammered for a minute.

Almighty

Ready to Play

Installing DirectX

*sigh*

Ha ha, yeah.

I am so hyped I just had to pop in and post something

Anyway just been playing a little bit, but I think the mouse/keyboard controls feel much better to me now then they did in the demo.

Anyway back to the game.

Keikaku

So, on the tutorial mission,
are you supposed to lose all but one soldier
?

I never played the demo but I did everything I was told and that's what happened. I'm super pissed! I could have taken those guys without that happening!

McNum

So, on the tutorial mission,
are you supposed to lose all but one soldier
?

I never played the demo but I did everything I was told and that's what happened. I'm super pissed! I could have taken those guys without that happening!
Yes. Why do you think they brought in a new commander (you) after Bradford screwed the first contact mission up so badly?

Keikaku

Yes. Why do you think they brought in a new commander (you) after Bradford screwed the first contact mission up so badly?
He's not getting a Christmas card from me, that's for sure.

I'm worried because my normal XCOM tactics will not work on this game. I'm one of those guys who throws waves of rookies in front of my elite killing machines to flush out the enemy.

They don't it yet, but they just put Zapp Brannigan in charge of XCOM.

FStop7

Banned
I just got absolutely annihilated in the tutorial on Impossible Ironman. I guess they weren't joking about the impossible part.

Protein

Banned
I need some manly names (all languages) for my soldiers.

John Gunwood for generic USA rookie. Give me some meathead names.

Top Bottom