• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 3D |OT| Is that a Monado in your pocket or are you just really feeling it?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I did a bunch of sidequests/grinding with Melia. I had fun learning her, but I never mastered her.

I think Melia and Riku are the best damage dealers in the game... with certain setups. You aren't able to be awesome until you're high level and have access to everything. I remember by end game those two could cheese every enemy in the game and kill everything. But that's not like until you're 85% through the game. Everyone remains very viable the whole time.

I don't remember everything, it was two years ago. I'll have fun trying to figure it out again.

Zing

Banned
I just got
Melia
in the
Makna Forest
is it worth at this point of the game learning to play as another character instead of Shulk? Or can I go through the whole game just as the Monado Boy?
Wow, you made it that far without even trying any of the other characters?

I have a lot of fun with
Sharla
. Im currently using
Dunban
but he isn't nearly as interesting. It appears that you gain more affinity with whoever is party leader, so I rotate often.

Question: does the game say anywhere what the different stats do? I'm sure I could look at a wiki or something, but I find it odd that neither the game nor manual state what agility, ether, etc actually do for you.

ramyeon

I think Melia and Riku are the best damage dealers in the game... with certain setups. You aren't able to be awesome until you're high level and have access to everything. I remember by end game those two could cheese every enemy in the game and kill everything. But that's not like until you're 85% through the game. Everyone remains very viable the whole time.

I don't remember everything, it was two years ago. I'll have fun trying to figure it out again.
Melia is pretty much destroying everything at the point I'm at and I'm only half way and level 48. I'm sure she only gets better. For whatever reason I largely ignored playing as other characters last time around, having much more fun this time.

I have a lot of fun with
Sharla
. Im currently using
Dunban
but he isn't nearly as interesting. It appears that you gain more affinity with whoever is party leader, so I rotate often.
I actually love playing as
Dunban
, I enjoy his high agility, buffs and awesome damage dealing. No enemies could even hit him for a large portion of the game for me.

Eyothrie

Are loading times better on the digital version? I'm trying to convince myself to buy it in the eshop in 10 minutes over waiting till tomorrow for the physical version

Zing

Banned
Are loading times better on the digital version? I'm trying to convince myself to buy it in the eshop in 10 minutes over waiting till tomorrow for the physical version
No. In fact, theoretically, loading times will always be slower on games read from the SD card.

Can't you just warn him and manually use them when you see a vision?
That function spends a "bar" of the party meter. Otherwise, yes.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Can't you just warn him and manually use them when you see a vision?

Yeah, but sometimes I just want him to use Shield even if it's not a vision (also I'd rather not waste my party meter unless I have to)

Ugh, 45 minutes since I ordered and still no code. I'm gonna end up starting my download later than if I didn't pre-order. That's a shame.

mauaus

Gotta love nintendo midnight releases after quite a few horrible playstation midnight releases (before the predownload era)

Wonder if the code is in your purchase history in the eshop? I have no idea, but it might be worth checking.

Nope, I thought that might be the case too, but the game is unconnected from your account until you register the code.

Just got it a few minutes ago so no biggie, probably won't be able to play any tonight though.

Everybody in the game has a unique playstyle so you're missing out if you stick to Shulk exclusively. Melia in particular preforms way better under direct control rather than AI.

You can, but it's much more fun to give the other characters a go too. Especially Melia since the AI doesn't know how to use her properly.

I've heard Melia's AI is pretty bad so I was thinking about using her.

I have a lot of fun with
Sharla
. Im currently using
Dunban

Question: does the game say anywhere what the different stats do? I'm sure I could look at a wiki or something, but I find it odd that neither the game nor manual state what agility, ether, etc actually do for you.

I kinda got used to the way Shulk plays and I was worried that I might fail at other characters. This thread has made me decide to try out Melia and maybe give tanking a go as Dunban or Reyn sometime.

Golnei

tumblr_nlwky0Wj081qjuciho1_r3_540.png

I kinda got used to the way Shulk plays and I was worried that I might fail at other characters. This thread has made me decide to try out Melia and maybe give tanking a go as Dunban or Reyn sometime.

The other characters aren't so different as to require all that much adjustment, and even if you don't find one or two that easy to use, you'll be losing nothing from switching out the party leader for a few regular battles. The penalty for death in the game is basically non-existent, after all, and the stagnation that'd come from using Shulk for the entirety of the game is far worse than dying once or twice.

you have to use Melia later anyway, might as well learn how to play her now so you don't fumble around when that time comes

besides why wouldn't you want to play as Melia?

Renewed

Alright, cancelled my order and going digital. Physical be damned, I need to play this now before the Doll Direct. At 80+%, and the amount of feeling to this music is intense.

random25

I've heard Melia's AI is pretty bad so I was thinking about using her.

Melia's AI prioritizes the buffs more than attacking, that is why she isn't a suitable AI-controlled party member.

Using other characters may need some tweaking in how to play, but you really don't need to change playstyle totally. You just need to learn how the character works and how to take advantage of their skills.

TDLink

While I tried all of the characters a little, In my original playthrough I basically mained Dunban, sometimes using Melia and using Shulk while I had to. I'm going to try to switch it up this time, but it's going to be really hard not to go back to Dunban. I just find how he plays to be so fun personally.

Renewed

Aaaand downloaded. Time to take a crack at this, expecting good things!

That's nice, they give you 10 collection tokens to start. Then you get 3 tokens for each day you tap Shulk to the screen under "earn tokens."

I'm hoping the models are a higher quality than in-game because I wanna see those smaller details.

Finally, gonna point out that it seems you unlock character models and music as you continue through the game. Off to bed, hope those playing enjoy!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the digital version and got it downloaded. Will delve into it some tomorrow. Doubt I'll super get into it until I finish up Bloodborne.

What a bunch of jokahs.

Nice game so far, the phrases aren't getting on my nerves though, I'm just joking.

That opening screen, wow.

Cant wait till tomorrow. This will be new to me since I never played the wii version. Really excited.

Also why are people switching over to digital now. Is there something better to it?

Etria

When I started, I just left my 3DS on the home screen. That music ;_;

Now I've spent 3.5 hours just casually exploring
Colony 9
and the surrounding areas. Jumped into the water a few times and expected to die from the sheer height but somehow managed to survive. Of course, that would probably be different if I landed on the ground xD

When I reached
Hazzai Cape
, I got one-hit KOed by a Level 70
Throne Sardi
. It caused ~4800 damage o_o

Anyhow, helped a bunch of villagers and Nopon. Damn are they cute :D

Cider

If everyone gives me a donation of 2 dollars after 20 people I'd be able to play this game ya'll
Jk but really being broke sucks. I suppose I'll get to play in like, 3 months ;__;

Thoraxes

Cant wait till tomorrow. This will be new to me since I never played the wii version. Really excited.

Also why are people switching over to digital now. Is there something better to it?

The thirst is real.

I'm picking up my copy at Best Buy tomorrow.

Can't beat GCU and building up rewards points.

DocGeedorah

Neo Member
Planning on diving in once I wrap up Bloodborne.

I got to what I assume to be decently far into the Wii version, so I am setting out to at least beat the game once with this release.

HIR0

Even though I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting to the combat, I'm really enjoying this game particularly the story and voice acting. Day 0 for Xenoblade Chronicles X

WarAdept

hmm seems there is a Day 1 patch? It's very small and still carries the version number 1.0

It fixes a bug that was present in the Wii version. Basically the min-max damage of weapons weren't being adhered to in the stat screen and characters basically only could do their minimum damage to min damage +99.

The patch fixes this so you can now do damage anywhere between the displayed min/max damage of your stats.

TheMoon

It fixes a bug that was present in the Wii version. Basically the min-max damage of weapons weren't being adhered to in the stat screen and characters basically only could do their minimum damage to min damage +99.

The patch fixes this so you can now do damage anywhere between the displayed min/max damage of your stats.

The 1.1 patch fixed stability/sound issues, afaik. The dmg fix was in the base version.

Scrawnton

I just set this game to download before I left for work today. Gaf, what the heck did I do?

I own both a European (hacked wii for region lock) and a North American copy of this game (curse nintendo for making us think it wasn't coming and I imported). I never beat the game but got real far, about 50 hours in.

I think playing this game on 3ds will actually make me beat it since I can take it with me. I cannot wait to get home and start playing it.

For people who already played it, how is the music quality compared to the Wii version?

i asked this in the reviews thread but it seems more appropriate here:

how are the colors in this version? i just saw video of the wii version and i thought it looked incredible. the grass was so green!

it looks really washed out on all these off screen videos on 3ds tho. i own the wii version but haven't played it. are the colors really that bad? i'm gonna pick this up in a few.

Scrawnton

i asked this in the reviews thread but it seems more appropriate here:

how are the colors in this version? i just saw video of the wii version and i thought it looked incredible. the grass was so green!

it looks really washed out on all these off screen videos on 3ds tho. i own the wii version but haven't played it. are the colors really that bad? i'm gonna pick this up in a few.

This is not evidence because I haven't played it yet. Will when I get home. From all the reviews, I noticed them saying the textures took a hit, not any vibrancy of the colors or draw distance or any of that. I think the gamexplain review said it was a very colorful game.

Tom_Cody

I am so pumped for this but I have a feeling that I'm not going to be ready to move on from Monster Hunter for a few more months.

First Codename Steam and now this. I really had no idea that Monster Hunter would take over my life in the way that it has.

Top Bottom