• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 3D |OT| Is that a Monado in your pocket or are you just really feeling it?

any picture of the themeS, there's more than 1??

NVM found them, I WANT BOTH THEMES!!!

good thing they have different music, the Majora Mask ones were the same

xenoblade_3ds_themes.jpg

I soooo need this, cant wait for the game tomorrow!!!

Yeah man right there with you. I want both but only have enough money left in my account for one. Any suggestions?

Velcro Fly

Bought both themes with no regrets. They are gorgeous and sound amazing.

Game is arriving for sure tomorrow from Best Buy. Can't wait to start it tomorrow evening after work! Have the whole weekend to play!

Took a few days off to play Toukiden and now I'm back at this. The first thing that really put me off was the dialogue; watching Shulk basically narrate their history and world was really cringy. Can I assume these are growing pains and the writing tightens up once the game is done world building?

Wichu

Took a few days off to play Toukiden and now I'm back at this. The first thing that really put me off was the dialogue; watching Shulk basically narrate their history and world was really cringy. Can I assume these are growing pains and the writing tightens up once the game is done world building?

Yeah, the writing is fine, especially once you get a bunch of party members interacting with each other. Once you get used to the accents, that is.

Got both themes, and am very ready for release. I've played through what I'm assuming is around half of the game on Wii, but having it on 3DS will be so much more convenient for me.

Overside

Banned
How's the story in this game? I never played a "Xeno" game but I'm buying this. Heard it was one of the best JRPGs of last gen.

That depends on how much of it you can recognize.

The character dialouge is pretty well written, most people really like it, the surface story, as in what the player party does and says is fun and well written enough.

The symbology and themes are spectacular, and used in everything from the underlying story, to the very gameplay mechanics themselves. Hitting on Philosophy from Gottfried Leibniz, Religion from gnostic to pythogorean, and particularly functional computer programming and even category theory, it far and away blows the previous games out of the water in this category.

And probably the only game in existance that has a visual/interactive gameplay representation/metaphor to how a Monad works.. And it feels really good to do.

ZeroX03

Banned
Main Theme theme is great. The Gaur Plains one doesn't seem to be out in Europe yet.

Apparently I'm still getting the pre order theme for Europe but Nintendo still haven't sent it to the retailer.

Converse

Banned
And probably the only game in existance that has a visual/interactive gameplay representation/metaphor to how a Monad works.. And it feels really good to do.

Having virtually no knowledge of programming, this prompted me to look up monad. I had no idea that the root word for "Monado" was an existing, thematically apt, concept. Man, I love Xenoblade.

Also, this is the best thread title I've read in ages. I truly laughed out loud.

Overside

Banned
Main Theme theme is great. The Gaur Plains one doesn't seem to be out in Europe yet.

Apparently I'm still getting the pre order theme for Europe but Nintendo still haven't sent it to the retailer.

I want the gaur plains wallpaper with the Main theme music, is it possible to customize themes by mix and match? Ive never really touched them.

ramyeon

I don't know why I always lose interest in sidequests once I reach Alcamoth. It happened last time too and I ended up just ignoring them for the remainder of the game. I kind of want to give them a shot this time since there were some really interesting quests in Frontier Village with overarching plot lines. Are there any stand outs in Alcamoth?

Zolbrod

Yeah man right there with you. I want both but only have enough money left in my account for one. Any suggestions?

I was in the same situation and I went for the main theme, mainly because I found the music to be more fitting for a home menu screen than Gaur Plains (as awesome as that song is).

alvis.exe

Just bought both themes! More Xenoblade in my life can never be a bad thing and both of these are absolutely gorgeous. Just letting Gaur Plain play endlessly right now hahaha.

Cheska

Just got the e-mail that my copy will be ready for pick up tomorrow at Best Buy. Decided to celebrate by buying both themes. Love that I can set them to shuffle :D

AGITΩ

Dont even have a New 3DS...and I preordered the game online anyway. Making it the 4th Time I've bought Xenoblade. First game I've ever Quad-Dipped on.

AGITΩ;159546289 said:
Dont even have a New 3DS...and I preordered the game online anyway. Making it the 4th Time I've bought Xenoblade. First game I've ever Quad-Dipped on.

That's pretty impressive for a game only available on two systems, lol.

Got my eshop credit ready to goooii

Just preordered the digital version. Hope to get my code soon so I can start preloading...

I wonder how long it'll take to DL almost 4gigs on Nintendo's wifi? At least it'll be faster than doing it on the old 3DS.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If I want to trade in my old 3DS for a NEW! 3DS, how much do I get from that/what do I do?

As of a couple weeks ago, I believe Gamestop's trade-in value was $60 for OG 3ds and $80 for 3DS XL. If you have digital games you'd need to ask them about doing a transfer in the store, provided they have a wifi hotspot you can use. That's what we did during trade-in.

Some Gamestops have allowed people to work something out with taking the units home and being reimbursed the next day, I think.

AGITΩ

That's pretty impressive for a game only available on two systems, lol.

Got my eshop credit ready to goooii

Since I was one of those Operation Rainfall guys in the original podcasts, I felt compelled enough to get a Japanese, Euro and US Copy of the Game on Wii. Though the Euro version was the Special edition with the Red CCP.

I just got
Melia
in the
Makna Forest
is it worth at this point of the game learning to play as another character instead of Shulk? Or can I go through the whole game just as the Monado Boy?

ramyeon

I just got
Melia
in the
Makna Forest
is it worth at this point of the game learning to play as another character instead of Shulk? Or can I go through the whole game just as the Monado Boy?
You can, but it's much more fun to give the other characters a go too. Especially Melia since the AI doesn't know how to use her properly.

I just got
Melia
in the
Makna Forest

Everybody in the game has a unique playstyle so you're missing out if you stick to Shulk exclusively. Melia in particular preforms way better under direct control rather than AI.

No but seriously, how long until I get the DL code? I ordered 20 minutes ago.

edit:
Also, is the download code tied to the account after I use it? I assume it works exactly like registering a steam key. Right?

I just got
Melia
in the
Makna Forest

I did a bunch of sidequests/grinding with Melia. I had fun learning her, but I never mastered her.

Top Bottom