• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied

Uh. Okay.

So, I can't play a legit disc, I was using from my friend on Dolphin now? I know your a mod and all, but I don't agree with that.

Do whatever.

Randomizer

PetrCobra said:
I think ShopTo is also in that group

As far as I know ShopTo is an independent company. They used to be the best in the UK price wise and service wise but unfortunately they started rising their prices and can be quite expensive now but their service is still amazing.

schennmu said:
Oh well, taking old Dunban then, thanks :)

qR4wU.png

He really reminds me of..

gankutsuou_06ddmd.jpg

Sennorin said:
Since I haven´t seen anyone say it, I´ll do it:

The reason why sidequests in Xenoblade are so much fun, despite their simplicity, is that they´re exactly like doing quests in Majora´s Mask. Yes. By doing those quests, you not only get to know more about all of the many npcs, you also develop their own little story. That´s why it´s so engaging doing them, because they´re not just quests to get some item, but quests the have their own unfolding story. Like Majora´s Mask had.

On another note, played 2 more hours, didn´t proceed in the story, just doing sidequests. So good.

I think the Yakuza series is still king in that area.

Yeshua

RPGCrazied said:
Maybe I should call my post office. I'd hate to think its been sitting in the sorting room for a day or something.
Last year I ordered 2 games at Zavvi, both of them were despatched the same day with the same delivery adress and same shipping method, one of them took a week while the other one took 3 weeks, now calm yourself go doing something, try to forget a bit about Xenoblade until you received it.

Varion

Bel Marduk said:
I think I remember RPG saying one of his friends imported the JP version or something.
He did indeed say that earlier in the thread.

Corleth the Fey said:
So.... have you played it or not?
RPGCrazied (Post 1515) said:
Sorta, not really. Friend of mine has it. Tinkered around for an hour or so. Without knowing what was going on, I didn't want to play all that long.

I didn't mean to post that many times in this thread, but yes I'm excitied. :p
Aaaaaaaaaand now back to the game. Finally got 4 stars on Colony 9.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Loving the game so far. I'm now about 25 hours in. But
Shulk's visions
(spoiler about 4-5 hours in the game) are really getting on my nerves.
They spoil so much of the story that I'm losing interest in going forward. Most of it seems to be what you can figure out after playing for two hours, but it's still a somewhat strange mechanic.

mjc

Stumpokapow said:
i'm not sure how the image meaning "i've got my eye on you" suggested that i was planning on doing anything.

He's been just a touch too skiddish lately, which probably has everything to do with it.

Randomizer

Man this game is like crack, meth and heroin all rolled into one I can barely pull myself away. Just got to
Satorl Marsh and have to fetch some stuff for a coming of age ceremony
, focusing on the main story for abit as I've been doing nothing but questing for hours. I'm glad to see a game finally take some influence from FFXII, I really thought it would have spawned a whole new sub-genre of JRPG by this point.

Dascu

Anyone have a list with all of the quests on hand? I'm afraid of missing out on some good stuff.

Really enjoying the game by the way (about 10 hours in).

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Just got it in the post today might pop it in later to see what the fuss is about but if I don't like it any UK Gaffers wanna trade? I am serious :D

Loto

RPGCrazied said:
Uh. Okay.

So, I can't play a legit disc, I was using from my friend on Dolphin now? I know your a mod and all, but I don't agree with that.

Do whatever.
I think he was just playing around/giving you a hard time. I immediately thought of meet the parents. Lol

McNum

Twilight Princess said:
i love ffxii, LOVE. but xenoblade is miles better, it is ffxii evolved. (minus the gambits that is)
It really is FFXII evolved. A lot of the same ideas, except much more refined. I do not miss the gambits at all, either. The AI isn't a rocket scientist, but it's clever enough. It does know how to stack status effects and keep the party healed and buffed on its own. Not to mention its skill at aggro management. Just don't let it on Monado duty for tough fights. Spamming Monado skills is generally a bad idea unless you have a clear purpose with doing so.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the story keeps holding up as well, but so far it's far better paced than FFXII's. Not that it's difficult, but still. The story has caught me by surprise more than once already. It plays along several JRPG tropes, but then turns HARD just as you think the expected payoff is coming.

bh7812

Banned
Vrakanox said:
Okay well I just decided to order from GAME. Good idea ? bad idea?

I just wanted to chime in that I ordered from Game and how do I feel about the service I got from them? Honestly, I'm very satisfied and pleased. They shipped mine out a week ago today, very late in the day at that and I just got my copy yesterday. So from the UK to the Chicago area 4 and a half business days total. Really shocked honestly. I expected it to be more like 6 days out of the 4-6 it says it will take to get their stuff to the US. So delivery time couldn't be happier. Arrived in excellent shape. No dents on the box, nothing. Brand spanking new. In fact if Last Story doesn't see a US release I'll probably use Game again.

I guess the question of where to import from depends on: How much are you willing to pay for the game itself? and then how much extra are you willing to pay for shipping? This game is a perfect example of how hard it is to answer where the best place is to order from. Shipping times are going to be all over the place and a real crapshoot depending on where you are. Myself and a few others got it yesterday, while others on both the East and West Coasts are still waiting on theirs to get to them. It's all going to depend on how much you want to spend, how fast you want it to get to you and how much patience you have for waiting.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on my personal experience with Game..as for me they've earned another customer and I'll definitely order from them again.

Side note: took a half hour to rip the game from disc to my external HD, just for those wondering about how long that process should take. I can't play today unfortunately due to work and stuff but tomorrow I am for sure playing it!

Fomalhaut

Neo Member
Just arrived in the Eryth Sea area, and man, this place reminds me of Chrono Cross. So pretty.

I really ought to take a break from the main plot and do some side-quests, because my affinity with every area is still at 1 star.

bh7812 said:
I just wanted to chime in that I ordered from Game and how do I feel about the service I got from them? Honestly, I'm very satisfied and pleased. They shipped mine out a week ago today, very late in the day at that and I just got my copy yesterday. So from the UK to the Chicago area 4 and a half business days total. Really shocked honestly. I expected it to be more like 6 days out of the 4-6 it says it will take to get their stuff to the US. So delivery time couldn't be happier. Arrived in excellent shape. No dents on the box, nothing. Brand spanking new. In fact if Last Story doesn't see a US release I'll probably use Game again.
Sweet! That is good to hear. Did it come UPS or through the Post Office? I'm in Omaha, NE, and I got the shipping notification at about 8-9AM last Tuesday, so hopefully I will get it today or tomorrow. :)

reektann

Quick question - I'm only about 2 hours in but I had to head to Tephra Cave as part of the main quest and ended up dying in there about 10 times ( this is just as the game is teaching you about pulling enemies like in World Of Warcraft basically ). I was around level 7-8 at that time - not sure if I should be grinding more maybe so im more overpowered.. hmm. Anyone else have problems in there?

Kaizer

Banned
Sorry to hear about your problems RPGcrazied, but you should definitely just wait it out. Hell I ordered from 365games and it just shipped today, guess that's what I get for going cheap but I'll be patient. I'm not expecting it to arrive until late next week hopefully.

Zafir

reektann said:
Quick question - I'm only about 2 hours in but I had to head to Tephra Cave as part of the main quest and ended up dying in there about 10 times ( this is just as the game is teaching you about pulling enemies like in World Of Warcraft basically ). I was around level 7-8 at that time - not sure if I should be grinding more maybe so im more overpowered.. hmm. Anyone else have problems in there?
The caterpillar you can avoid, which you should until later. The other uniques are far more managable if you pull the adds one by one and kill them off though, yeah.

McNum

reektann said:
Let me take a stab in the dark on what kills you: Caterpillars.

This is the part of the game that teaches you NOT to fight everything that moves as there's a small trail that bypasses that fight. Everything beyond them is fairly easy to beat. This is a really important thing to remember later in the game, as you'll see enemies you simply aren't strong enough for or don't have the proper equipment to fight.

Chanser

reektann said:

Not really, I was level 10+ when I went to the caves. I suggest you do most of the side quests at colony 9.

RPGCrazied said:
Wow. Got mail, still not here. Just junk mail.

How in the hell? It's almost been 9 days now.
You're really not suited for importing stuff. :p
9 days is nothing. I wouldn't even think about it at that point.

Hope you get it soon, though.

Jucksalbe said:
Does the game tell you the exact numbers somewhere or are you guys counting these by hand?
I counted it by myself.

Aeana

shadyspace said:
Mine came in today. I, uh, kind of don't like this game.
How long have you played? It might take some getting used to.
But I'd be curious to hear about what you don't like.

Duderz

Banned
Finally, got the confirmation e-mail from 365games. I'm hoping it'll be here by the weekend....but next week is more likely.

In the meantime I'm racing to finish Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

The only console I own this gen is a Wii so you know I'm not a graphics whore (I do have a nice PC but I know what to expect from Wii games, I mean) but man... this game looks fuckin' awful. Just jaggy and generic and so blurry I pretty much can't read the on-screen text on my 4:3 SDTV.

For all I know (and I'm sure you dudes are on to something with all the praise and whatnot), the combat's great as is the story but the graphics making this game unplayable for me has basically killed my hype.

Geez, this game makes me wish being unemployed or going to school again. I have it since Friday and only put 13 hours in so far. On the flip side, I will be able to enjoy it longer :p

Top Bottom