• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Zane

RPGCrazied said:
I'm sure someone stole it, or its lost.

Was yours in regular mail?

Dude, stop being paranoid. You'll get it when you get it. I ordered mine from GAME and haven't gotten it yet.

RPGCrazied

I guess. But some guy got his yesterday, and he lives in the same area almost. Then SecretMoblin got his today, and he ordered it from the same site I did.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
RPGCrazied said:
I'm sure someone stole it, or its lost.

Was yours in regular mail?

check_wreck.gif

Zane

RPGCrazied said:
I guess. But some guy got his yesterday, and he lives in the same area almost. Then SecretMoblin got his today, and he ordered it from the same site I did.

Cool. They got lucky. Don't worry about it.

Labadal

Played for 1h30min now, and I'm liking it a lot. Instead of going immediately to Colony 9, I decided to explore different places. Was killed by a level 72 bird, that was amusing to say the least. Good thing there are landmarks and no penalty, because I had been exploring for quite some time.

The weird thing? I was fully prepared to wait as much as three weeks. I've imported before on previous systems, I'm familiar with the process. Now I feel bad for everyone who's still waiting. :-(

vMraB.jpg

Edit: That'll teach me to hotlink from a non-imgur site.

BlazingDarkness said:
I found
Melia
to be pretty lacking in the healing area, I'd have to switch back to
Sharla
for most bosses. For now it seems like
Melia
is more geared towards buffing/debuffing than healing, though maybe that will change in the future - I know she's probably useful if you have one tank that has aggro'd the enemy, so full on healing isn't as necessary but I'm finding a lot of the boss mobs lately using lots of AoE attacks, especially when they're low on health, so I need a better healer

I've mostly been using
Shulk, Dunban and Sharla
for fighting, and occasionally swapping in
Melia and Riki
often when I'm just exploring

Sounds good. I think tomorrow I'm going to unequip everything from everyone and build them from the ground up. With so many different characters, different types of armour and gem slots I think it's really overwhelming when you open the menu and try to decide who should get what. I don't think I've equipped anything new since
Satorl Marsh
since I couldn't be bothered with the menu's. I have a massive undertaking ahead of me.

:lol

RPGCrazied

Its cool. I just won't be doing Zavvi again. Hopefully I wont have to import again. For an impatient person like me.

There is only one other game that I might have to, that is Last Story. Knowing NoA they won't release it here. I think I'll go with ASDA. Though I think they use the same type shipping as Zavvi. lol

Aeana

RPGCrazied said:
"Some guy" (girl, actually) reporting in!
I live in the DFW area, so perhaps that is why it came more quickly to me, I don't know. You should really relax, though. Sometimes there are just holdups in the mail. I get GameFly stuff from Austin all the time, and it's taken anywhere from 1-5 (longer, once) days from the day they sent it to arrive. That's in-state!

RPGCrazied said:
Its cool. I just won't be doing Zavvi again. Hopefully I wont have to import again. For an impatient person like me.

There is only one other game that I might have to, that is Last Story. Knowing NoA they won't release it here. I think I'll go with ASDA. Though I think they use the same type shipping as Zavvi. lol

There's a balance between patience and price; if you're willing to shell out more cash for faster delivery, you can expect to pay a lot more at a different retailer. I'm super patient, so I went with the lowest price at the time.

RPGCrazied

Aeana said:
"Some guy" (girl, actually) reporting in!
I live in the DFW area, so perhaps that is why it came more quickly to me, I don't know. You should really relax, though. Sometimes there are just holdups in the mail. I get GameFly stuff from Austin all the time, and it's taken anywhere from 1-5 (longer, once) days from the day they sent it to arrive. That's in-state!

That is why I thought I'd get it today. Cause Dallas is the last place it stops before shipping itself to me. Well, UPS does that. I'd assume it would be the same for USPS. I'm relaxing as best I can. But when I was ready to start playing this the moment I ordered it, hell when I first saw it in Japanese like a year ago.

But worrying isn't going to get it here any faster? But lets say I don't even get it at all. What do I do? I don't think I want to call an international number about my order. so I guess email?

Labadal

RPGCrazied said:

I've heard people that still haven.t gotten their 365games and game orders yet, so I wouldn't single out zavvi (yet).

Zafir

Well thats the thing, regardless of where you order, there can still be delays in the postal system. Catherine took 7 days for it to arrive on my doorstep. On the other hand for some people who ordered it from the same place, and also lived in the UK, it took closer to 3 weeks to arrive. I've had a wide variety of shipping times with other imported goods from the US too. I've had it take only 5 days, all the way to taking an entire month.

PetrCobra

RPGCrazied said:
That is why I thought I'd get it today. Cause Dallas is the last place it stops before shipping itself to me. Well, UPS does that. I'd assume it would be the same for USPS. I'm relaxing as best I can. But when I was ready to start playing this the moment I ordered it, hell when I first saw it in Japanese like a year ago.

But worrying isn't going to get it here any faster? But lets say I don't even get it at all. What do I do? I don't think I want to call an international number about my order. so I guess email?
they have a query system on their website. You should wait a little more before sending them a message though. They specified the time after which you should start getting worried somewhere in the "your order was despatched" e-mail, I think

RPGCrazied

Vrakanox said:
Okay well I just decided to order from GAME. Good idea ? bad idea?

If your in the US? I hope you don't mind waiting!

PetrCobra said:
they have a query system on their website. You should wait a little more before sending them a message though. They specified the time after which you should start getting worried somewhere in the "your order was despatched" e-mail, I think

10 - 15 days. lol

RPGCrazied

Yeah. I didn't know though. This is my first purchase ever for something overseas. I thought it wouldn't take long to go from a plane, a truck, my house. :p

RPGCrazied

PetrCobra said:
The Hut / Zavvi is mainly useful for low prices. If you are impatient, you should use Amazon or some other e-shop where you can select express delivery :)

Amazon.de or whatever doesn't ship stuff to US. I don't know of a site that has fast shipping for importing games.

Randomizer

RPGCrazied said:

Asda entertainment, Zavvi and the Hut are all part of the Hut group so they are all exactly the same. They can be unreliable at times but their prices are hard to beat here in the UK.

PetrCobra

Randomizer said:
Asda entertainment, Zavvi and the Hut are all part of the Hut group so they are all exactly the same. They can be unreliable at times but their prices are hard to beat here in the UK.
I think Shop To is also in that group

RPGCrazied

Randomizer said:

Well, I can't complain on the price. It was only $48 dollars, a few dollars cheaper if I had to buy it here, if it was even released here.

Vrakanox said:
So I shouldn't order from GAME? In that case which company should I order from?

In terms of delivery speed most places seem to be much of a muchness judging by the few lucky people in the US who have received the game already whilst the rest are still waiting.

MechaX

No copy in the mail for me yet. Although, I haven't even gotten my mail for today (the mail in my area is weird; sometimes you can get it as early as 10:00am, other days you'll get it at like 4:30pm). I used shopto and I live in Missouri. But then again, when I ordered Last Window from them it took literally a week for it to get here, so I'm thinking probably tomorrow or Thursday.

Oh well, I still have Twilight Princess to complete in the meantime.

Vrakanox said:
What would you recommend?

Most of the UK stores who offer shipping to the US offer it for free, so it taking 10-15 days is a given.

I'd personally just go with Zavvi. It's amongst the cheapest and no matter where you order from you're going to have to expect a wait anyways.

RPGCrazied said:
No. :(

Is that sarcasm? At least you have Dues Ex to play if yours don't come.
Oh yeah. Deus sEx. so good. You should you know.. call USPS. they might have it held at the office. just ask if they have a package for you. they held some stuff of mine because they wanted to :\

Call the local one that usually deliver your mail and where you pick up stuff.

Hope mine arrives today (Ordered from Zavvi, live on the West Coast, shipped out last Monday) --

Yesterday I came home just as the mailman was dropping off the mail, and I hung around while he did so I could see if mine arrived yet. Felt like I was a kid again, haha.

Aeana

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah. I didn't know though. This is my first purchase ever for something overseas. I thought it wouldn't take long to go from a plane, a truck, my house. :p
Didn't you say you played the Japanese version in Dolphin? How did you get that if not from overseas?

Zafir

I wish more US stores offered free international shipping. I'd be willing to wait the extra week or two if it meant not having to spend £5-£10 on postage.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RPGCrazied said:

RPGCrazied said:
When I played the Japanese Import on Dolphin it looked good, but I had massive sound trouble. I switched to LLE, the start with the two robots fighting worked perfect. Then when it switched to the big battle between the mechon the sound skipped and stuttered like mad.

*looks at thread title*

RPGCrazied said:
10 - 15 days. lol

Don't bother sending a ticket before this time is over (and it's counted in work days!). I did the same for some other game and they told me I have to wait it out. But I'm sure it will arrive before, hold up old chap!

Sennorin

Banned
Since I haven´t seen anyone say it, I´ll do it:

The reason why sidequests in Xenoblade are so much fun, despite their simplicity, is that they´re exactly like doing quests in Majora´s Mask. Yes. By doing those quests, you not only get to know more about all of the many npcs, you also develop their own little story. That´s why it´s so engaging doing them, because they´re not just quests to get some item, but quests the have their own unfolding story. Like Majora´s Mask had.

On another note, played 2 more hours, didn´t proceed in the story, just doing sidequests. So good.

Top Bottom