• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

somato

WrikaWrek said:
So what kind of rig do i need to run Xenoblade on Dolphin?

I have an old Q9450 (2.66), 4GB, and a 470.

Am i anywhere near? Or do i need an I7?

That's pretty close to what I have. The best thing you can do is to overclock your cpu to 3.2GHz. This will provide a huge improvement and the game should run pretty good. I get a steady 25fps and no more slowdown or crackly sound.

Zwei

DMPrince said:
she's in texas lol.

YEE-HAW! Another Texan in har!

texas.gif

Played 20 hours now. Location:
Makna Forest/Eruyt Sea.
I surprisingly managed to beat the Telethia at level 33 (the boss being 36) although Reyn was bordering on 300HP for what seemed like 3/4 of the battle. I was also lured into a sense of false sense of security after the first battle finished after I'd got it down to 1/2 HP, only for it to regenerate and come back at me with full health! Not a lot of plot progression at the end of the chapter though. I'm guessing there'll be a fair amount once I reach the Imperial Capital.

With a lot of party members now I can't decided on a main party. I also don't have enough equipment to give everyone the latest gear, so I've put off equipping it until I can decide on a proper team. Once I've done that then I can de-equip all the armour and gems from the characters I don't plan on using so I can really beef up my main squad. I think I might go for
Dunban/Shulk/Melia, although I did use Reyn/Shulk/Melia on the Makna boss and found that I was stuck for healing for a lot of the battle.
I still feel as though I need Shulk so I don't want to switch him out just yet.

RPGCrazied

Yeah. But around where I live it seems to be more brutal this year. Last couple months it would go down from mid 100's. Its just barely now going to mid 90's.

I like being Texan during winter though, hardly snows. :)

Antagon

EvilMario said:
12 hours in, level 21. Just attempted to rescue
Juju
. I've been trying to complete all the time restricted quest before venturing on, but a few of them it appears I have to level up a bit.

And because I'm exploring a lot, mapping out areas, I tend to have the items for Material Quests as soon as I accept them. Hooray..

Don't be affraid of those time restricted quests. They will be available for a long time and the game'll inform you when you are moving to a point where they're not available anymore.

weeaboo

CruxisMana said:
With a lot of party members now I can't decided on a main party. I also don't have enough equipment to give everyone the latest gear, so I've put off equipping it until I can decide on a proper team. Once I've done that then I can de-equip all the armour and gems from the characters I don't plan on using so I can really beef up my main squad. I think I might go for
Dunban/Shulk/Melia, although I did use Reyn/Shulk/Melia on the Makna boss and found that I was stuck for healing for a lot of the battle.
I still feel as though I need Shulk so I don't want to switch him out just yet.

Dunban + Shulk + somebody else

Dunban is fast as fuck.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
RPGCrazied said:
Yeah. But around where I live it seems to be more brutal this year. Last couple months it would go down from mid 100's. Its just barely now going to mid 90's.

I like being Texan during winter though, hardly snows. :)

I visited San Antonio in July of 2009. It wasn't hot. It was jesus its really fucking hot. My neck of the woods usually has temps in the mid 90s and high as humiditiy during the summer. San Antonio is supposed to have less humidity than NC, but damn if I couldn't tell.

Negator

truly101 said:
I visited San Antonio in July of 2009. It wasn't hot. It was jesus its really fucking hot. My neck of the woods usually has temps in the mid 90s and high as humiditiy during the summer. San Antonio is supposed to have less humidity than NC, but damn if I couldn't tell.

I don't remember the last time it was less than 100 degrees here in in San Antonio.

Phenomic

Mail just ran and no Xenoblade again! Yay best times. Starting to get ticked off >< 6th Business day if you count Saturday. I'm even in one of the states where people have gotten copies apparently.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Antagon said:
Don't be affraid of those time restricted quests. They will be available for a long time and the game'll inform you when you are moving to a point where they're not available anymore.

Thanks for the heads up!

weeaboo said:
Dunban + Shulk + somebody else

Dunban is fast as fuck.

bubnbob said:

As much as I do love Riki I'm definitely rolling Dunban/Shulk/Melia.

I also tried gem crafting for the first time today and it's surprisingly straight forward. I managed to create some good aggro+ ones which I needed.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Negator said:
I don't remember the last time it was less than 100 degrees here in in San Antonio.

You actually hadn't had rain in over a year when we were there. No rain....until we went to one of the mission, and then it rained big time.

Well this was quite a shock. My Zavvi shipment came today! I'm going to start the process of ripping it to my hard drive and get some errands done and then come back to it.

So keep your heads up, importers!

SecretMoblin said:
Well this was quite a shock. My Zavvi shipment came today! I'm going to start the process of ripping it to my hard drive and get some errands done and then come back to it.

woot! when did yours ship?

I found
Melia
to be pretty lacking in the healing area, I'd have to switch back to
Sharla
for most bosses. For now it seems like
Melia
is more geared towards buffing/debuffing than healing, though maybe that will change in the future - I know she's probably useful if you have one tank that has aggro'd the enemy, so full on healing isn't as necessary but I'm finding a lot of the boss mobs lately using lots of AoE attacks, especially when they're low on health, so I need a better healer

I've mostly been using
Shulk, Dunban and Sharla
for fighting, and occasionally swapping in
Melia and Riki
often when I'm just exploring

The Int3rsect said:
woot! when did yours ship?

Last Monday, according to the email.

I live in MN, by the way, so I'd be confused if the folks on the coast don't have it yet. Maybe the plane flew to Kansas first or something. :)

Reveirg

SecretMoblin said:
Last Monday, according to the email.

I live in MN, by the way, so I'd be confused if the folks on the coast don't have it yet. Maybe the plane flew to Kansas first or something. :)

Where did you order it from?

I got the game yesterday and i love it! Ive got two quick quenstions for you guys:

1) Is there any option to let me show where i have to go if i choose a sidemission? Like that marker that shows you were to go for story related missions.

2) If i complete a mission, for example finding some stuff for someone, do i get the reward as soon as i found the last piece or do i have to go back to the person who gave me the mission? Im confused cause i completed 3 sidequests but the people where not in the place where they gave me the mission. Than i looked at my money cause the mission says i get 1000 for completing, but i think i didnt get any.

RPGCrazied

SecretMoblin said:

Yeah, if I don't get it today. It has to be lost or stolen.

mjc

The Hut is part of/is Zavvi, right? If Minnesotans are getting it already I have faith I'll have mine soon too. (I'm in Wisconsin)

RaGMasTeR90 said:
I got the game yesterday and i love it! Ive got two quick quenstions for you guys:

1) Is there any option to let me show where i have to go if i choose a sidemission? Like that marker that shows you were to go for story related missions.

2) If i complete a mission, for example finding some stuff for someone, do i get the reward as soon as i found the last piece or do i have to go back to the person who gave me the mission? Im confused cause i completed 3 sidequests but the people where not in the place where they gave me the mission. Than i looked at my money cause the mission says i get 1000 for completing, but i think i didnt get any.

1) No unfortunately not, but you will see a red ! on the minimap when you are nearby to the person/item, though not for boss mobs. Best thing to do is to check the misison list/ talk to the NPC again to receive details about the area

2)For unnamed NPC quests, such as collection quests or mob killing quests, you will receive the award immediately, for named NPC (affinitiy) quests you'll have to return to the NPC in order to complete the quest, check for their portrait in the affinity table and you can see the times in which they'll be around. You'll see a green crown icon next to the quest on the menu when you have completed it

Zafir

1) Not easily no, if it's an item on the ground or a person, a marker will come up on your minimap when you're near by, otherwise you just have to go to the place where the quest says and try and find the animal.

2) Unless the quest is for a named NPC, then it'll come up with a Quest Complete screen when you've found the last item. If it doesn't come up, then chances are the quest is from a named npc, and so you'll have to go back to that NPC and then they'll give you a reward, or possibly give you the next part of the quest.

sirrian said:
That's pretty close to what I have. The best thing you can do is to overclock your cpu to 3.2GHz. This will provide a huge improvement and the game should run pretty good. I get a steady 25fps and no more slowdown or crackly sound.
I just OCed my E8600 to 4.0GHZ and so far so good, stability wise. I will need to test it and see how it goes. Isn't Dolphin pretty CPU intensive?

Thanks for the answers. Ok i might not have seen the guy who gave me the quest cause i accepted it at night and went back there at daytime. Ill keep my eye on the affinity table ^^

I think 356games just shipped my copy. It says it's been "despatched". But just a few days ago, it said it was "processing refund"...

So, is it coming or not? :V

TDLink

Electivirus said:
I think 356games just shipped my copy. It says it's been "despatched". But just a few days ago, it said it was "processing refund"...

So, is it coming or not? :V

Despatched = Shipped, so yeah it's coming.

jediyoshi

Ledsen said:
I may have seen those things a while ago but I don't remember them. Anyway I'd prefer it if characters you may not get until 15-20 hours in where kept behind spoiler brackets.

what was it that gave away that they were party characters?

PetrCobra

RPGCrazied said:
I'm sure someone stole it, or its lost.

Was yours in regular mail?
Oh come on... I'm in central Europe and games from UK (especially The Hut Group) sometimes arrive after several weeks of being "despatched". At this point, there's no reason to panic.

Top Bottom