• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied

SecretMoblin said:
This game just keeps sounding better and better.

vlcsnap-2011-08-14-10h37m00s152.png

I'm sure much bigger and higher level too out there.

2San

Awaiting GAF reception on this one. Since I'm considering buying a wii just to play it(it's dirt cheap these days anyway).

RPGCrazied

2San said:
Awaiting GAF reception on this one. Since I'm considering buying a wii just to play it(it's dirt cheap these days anyway).

Don't forget Last Story, Pandora's Tower and of course Skyward Sword.

wsippel

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/RPGCrazied/vlcsnap-2011-08-14-10h37m00s152.png

I'm sure much bigger and higher level too out there.
That screen reminds me of one of the most insane moments I've witnessed in the game. After a huge boss fight, I felt like the king of the world. Walked up a stair, just to encounter that... thing at the top. I only caught a short glimpse of a single, huge foot - then I was dead. Needless to say, the enemy in your screenshot is nothing compared to whatever I encountered that moment. As it turned out, it was a level 99 elite giant.

RPGCrazied

yay-1.jpg

Just got this! I emailed them on Friday. YES!

Zavvi redeemed? They have the game already? Shipping early? Oooo! Still going to have to wait a week or two.

Oh, Lynette is my Mom. :p

mAcOdIn

From what I can tell basic new releases were not really Zavvi's problem, you know they're getting some copies and even shitty stores are capable of sorting and shipping shit out, it always seemed to be stupid shit like not updating their stock with older titles so people would be buying stuff they no longer had and crap like that.

ag-my001

Alextended said:
Er I'd hope so, that one looks pretty... regular.
I might normally agree with you, but then I remembered seeing that monster in one of the Let's Play videos. That guy is in one of the first places you go; notice that he's Lvl 81, while you're at Lvl 14. Also, he's still a way off in that shot.

wsippel

Banned
Alextended said:
Er I'd hope so, that one looks pretty... regular.
It is. Well, he's an elite (as visible by the ornaments on the label), and he's pretty far away, but he's not exactly huge or anything.

RPGCrazied

I guess the street date is going to be broken? Some stores are selling it in EU early, and at least Zavvi is going to send early?

RPGCrazied said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/RPGCrazied/yay-1.jpg[IMG]

Zavvi redeemed? They have the game already? Shipping early? Oooo! Still going to have to wait a week or two.

Oh, Lynette is my Mom. :P[/QUOTE]
I told you. :p

RPGCrazied said:
yay-1.jpg

Oh, Lynette is my Mom. :p
you lie. that's your name you use when you're playing game.

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
I guess the street date is going to be broken? Some stores are selling it in EU early, and at least Zavvi is going to send early?
Zavvi always send early, and it always arrives either the day before or release day. Their warehouse is based in jersey after all, so it usually takes at least 3 days even for the UK. So they aren't really breaking the date by much.

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:
you lie. that's your name you use when you're playing game.

Uh. No really. Its my Mom's name. Mine is Josh. She had to buy it for me, I don't have or want a credit card, and it was for my Birthday last month. I have no reason to lie. :p

wsippel

Banned
Franchuzas87 said:
I hate the guy in the first screen. He's actually aggressive and constantly roaming the field. I've died several times because I simply didn't see that asshole coming.

RPGCrazied said:
Uh. No really. Its my Mom's name. Mine is Josh. She had to buy it for me, I don't have or want a credit card, and it was for my Birthday last month. I have no reason to lie. :p
He's just a troll, ignore him :D

RPGCrazied

Anyways. Is there a point to the achivement system? Do you get stuff for getting them, or XP? What do they exactly do? Also, about Shulk and weapons.

If he has
The Monado sword all the time, is there a point to use any other swords? Or is it he only gets Manado certain points of the game?

wsippel

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Anyways. Is there a point to the achivement system? Do you get stuff for getting them, or XP? What do they exactly do? Also, about Shulk and weapons.

If he has
The Monado sword all the time, is there a point to use any other swords? Or is it he only gets Manado certain points of the game?
Yes.
And yes. Once Shulk gets the Monado, it's the only weapon he can use. That weapon works differently from all other weapons in the game. You don't get skills for leveling up, for example. You get them through story progression only. That's not the only unique thing about it, but I won't spoil the rest.

RPGCrazied

wsippel said:
Yes.
And yes. Once Shulk gets the Monado, it's the only weapon he can use. That weapon works differently from all other weapons in the game. You don't get skills for leveling up, for example. You get them through story progression only. That's not the only unique thing about it, but I won't spoil the rest.

Wow. It is a bad ass weapon, but if
that is all he uses the whole game is kinda lame. ;/

wsippel

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Wow. It is a bad ass weapon, but if
that is all he uses the whole game is kinda lame. ;/
That's where the thing I didn't want to spoil comes into play.
Don't worry. Nothing lame about it. ;)

wsippel

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
does it at least change appearance, or maybe the glow changes color when its unsheathed?
The glow changes color depending on the skill used. Basic color and Buster is blue, Shield is yellow, other skills have other colors. And yes, it does change appearance over the course of the game. The high level versions give anything in Monster Hunter a run for it's money. Believe me, you'll like it. It's basically a shonen power up thing, but it's really handled well. If it changes form, you know shit's really gonna go down.

wsippel

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Awesome!

I can't friggin' wait. Thanks wisppel. :)
My pleasure.
To be perfectly honest, I've not even seen half the game. But the way the game celebrates the first transformation... It's a really great "oh shit" moment. I expect the other transformations to be just as epic, if not more so. It was probably a great idea to get someone on board who knows his over the top shonen stuff. The story scenes really hit hard. I might be wrong there, but I believe the guy who wrote GaoGaiGar and Banner of the Stars also wrote Xenoblade. And it really kinda shows. ;)

RPGCrazied

Nice to know. :)

Does anyone know of a EU site that does video reviews? I don't think Eurogamer does. Love to watch it before I get my copy.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
RPGCrazied said:

Date of Birth:
July 2, 1977

Really? Dang.

Glad to hear Zavvi is shipping early. Maybe I will get it before the end of the month after all!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I was referring to not having or wanting a credit card. Oh and while I don't expect my Mom to buying me video games as birthday presents at 34 it would be awesome if she did.

RPGCrazied

Haha. I'd normally buy it myself, but I never import, so this was a special occasion. They usually give me money for mine.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
At least get a debit card man, there are no fees or anything and you can only use what you put in your bank account, no more to end up with monthly payments or whatever. Mine is accepted everywhere they accept credit cards so far, from Steam to Amazon to PayPal and random indie purchase portals.

LProtag

I'll need to balance playing this game with practicing SFIV and studying for multiple GREs... fun.

Still really excited though.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
RPGCrazied said:
I just noticed, the clock in the game I guess is for Euroland. 15:00. Wtf is that? I saw that in a screenshot.
3pm. After 12 it just continues up to 24 rather than start all over again, calculate the difference between the displayed and 12 to figure out what pm it is if that helps.

RPGCrazied

Thanks for the clarification. Yes I do love these jRPG's, its my genre of choice after all. And I am serious. Why do I need to know 24hour time? I'm not in the military and I'm in the US. I see no reason.

Top Bottom