• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Reveirg

Urgh, the wait is killing me! What are you guys playing while waiting for the game to arrive?

Hesitating between Blue Dragon and Disaster: Day of Crisis right now...

Reveirg said:
Urgh, the wait is killing me! What are you guys playing while waiting for the game to arrive?

I know. :(

I'm alternating between New Super Mario Bros Wii (collecting the star coins) and Shadow Hearts (got it from Ebay recently and am playing through it for the first time).

RPGCrazied

Reveirg said:

Wow, and more Wow and watching movies.

Reknoc

Reveirg said:

Doing my second playthrough on Borderlands, also installed some free MMORPGS (LEGO, Lord of the Rings and Dungeons and Dragons) which I'll probably shuffle through.

I'm trying to finish up Muramasa: The Demon Blade and my replay of the Warcraft 3 campaign. Made a good dent in Muramasa today so I should have stuff finished up by the time Xenoblade gets here.

LProtag

Reveirg said:

Waiting for my arcade stick to come in so I can grind out some execution in SFIV.

Codeblue said:
I'm running through Star Successor, which is a tough act to follow. I hope Xenoblade can match it.

I've spent about 300 hours with that game (about 80 or so with friends). It's the only thing keeping my Wii consistently plugged in, as I go back to it several times a week. It depresses me to no end that it sold terribly.

<3 Treasure.

Zornica

Banned
Lord Ghirahim said:
Is there any way to change the order in which characters chain-attack?

switching your party members should do it
xeno10.jpg

see the "1 -3" sign next to the name? i bet this is your chain order. of course the character in control is always #1

Zornica said:
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1291/xeno10.jpg[IMG]
see the "1 -3" sign next to the name? i bet this is your chain order. of course the character in control is always #1[/QUOTE]

ahahahaha what the hell is shulk wearing

Reveirg said:
Morrowind, just to compare the graphics and environments with Xenoblade :p

No, seriously, I'm actually playing it. But with mods, so comparisons would be pretty unfair.

aett

Neon_Icarus said:
I know. :(

I'm alternating between New Super Mario Bros Wii (collecting the star coins) and Shadow Hearts (got it from Ebay recently and am playing through it for the first time).

I'm replaying Shadow Hearts 3 while I'm waiting. I've been skipping most of the cutscenes because honestly, the game's story is pretty bad, but it has a good battle system and lots of sidequests to keep me busy.

jesusraz

slaughterking said:
Don't give it a score and let the review text speak for itself. :p
Haha, could you imagine the uproar? Metacritic and GameRankings would take it as a 0/10!

Franchuzas87 said:
Obviously a 10, we need to prove that Reggie is wrong! :p
I gave Disaster: Day of Crisis 9/10, and he really didn't like that game...so perhaps he and I have differing tastes.

Corleth the Fey said:
If you really think it's the best JRPG this gen - then that's 10 worthy.
On Wii, yes. Fragile would be next in the genre on Wii for me. Not played Sakura Wars, though. Definitely leaning more towards a 10 at the moment. Dished one out for Dragon Quest IX, which shocked a few people, but I don't think 10 for Xeno would be quite as surprising.

RPGCrazied

BlazingDarkness said:
Is there an option to turn the voices off?
The constant yelling during the battle I saw is obnoxious

I read somewhere the options menu has sliders for music, voice overs and battle voices. So I think you can. I might turn those off too. The constant rambling during a fight seems annoying.

RPGCrazied said:
I read somewhere the options menu has sliders for music, voice overs and battle voices. So I think you can. I might turn those off too. The constant rambling during a fight seems annoying.
Okay thanks! I'll probably turn off voice overs and battle voices, I'm probably one of the few people on GAF that think VA a lot of the time brings down the overall experience, even if the quality itself is good, such as with Atlus localizations, I'd just rather read the text

Zornica said:
see the "1 -3" sign next to the name? i bet this is your chain order. of course the character in control is always #1

I see. Is there a time limit to chain-attacks? I think there was one instance where my third character didn't get a turn because I spent too long picking the first two moves.

jesusraz said:
I gave Disaster: Day of Crisis 9/10, and he really didn't like that game...so perhaps he and I have differing tastes.
Ugh... I didn't like that game neither. Serious pace issues in my opinion. Still interesting, but I think Monolith should keep doing what they do best: RPGs.

By the way, when can we read the review? :p

Zornica

Banned
Lord Ghirahim said:
I see. Is there a time limit to chain-attacks? I think there was one instance where my third character didn't get a turn because I spent too long picking the first two moves.

sounds more like he was stunned or lying on the ground or something like that. - if he is not "connected" to your main hero (blue line), he wont be part of the chain attack.
if your characters like each other enough, its possible to keep the chain going indefinitely. i got a 10+ chain once.

Sadist

Disaster Day of Crisis <3

Oh well, good thing my DS backlog is still going strong. Just finished Ace Attorney Investigations and off to the next game! The wait won't be to long :)

You can change the time at will as well.

NPC's move depending on the time and some monsters will only appear during certain hours of the day.

Zafir

BlazingDarkness said:
How does the day/night circle work?
It affects what people are around the town, what monsters are on the field, and what items show up. Best thing is that you can quickly change the time, so you don't have to wait for morning or whatever.

Zornica said:
sounds more like he was stunned or lying on the ground or something like that. - if he is not "connected" to your main hero (blue line), he wont be part of the chain attack.
if your characters like each other enough, its possible to keep the chain going indefinitely. i got a 10+ chain once.

Thanks, I see the tutorial says it can reach 15. Sounds fun.

aett said:
I'm replaying Shadow Hearts 3 while I'm waiting. I've been skipping most of the cutscenes because honestly, the game's story is pretty bad, but it has a good battle system and lots of sidequests to keep me busy.

Shadow Hearts is the first game I've played in the series. I've heard the third one is aimed at a younger audience...

I really like the game, though the voice acting is terrible and the graphics have (obviously) aged alot. It really feels like a lost PSX-era RPG with the pre-rendered bacgrounds and all. The unique setting is the thing I like the most. I'm surprised they portrayed the Japanese occupation of Manchuria as negatively as they did.

Damn, that last line about lovingly combining elements from both Japanese and Western RPGs sounds almost sad considering the game did not get a North American release.

But he did say that they didn't try to emulate Western RPGs since that wouldn't play to their strength as developers.

Reveirg said:

image.php

Well, I'll be getting FF XII tomorrow anyway. I'll wait a bit for Xenoblade to drop in price.

Bel Marduk said:
image.php

Well, I'll be getting FF XII tomorrow anyway. I'll wait a bit for Xenoblade to drop in price.

You haven't played FFXII yet? Man, I wish I could play that again for the first time. That game was great.

Luigiv

Diprosalic said:
how long is this game by just doing the main story?
I don't think anyone's bothered try yet but going by the range of completion times I've heard quoted, you might be able to get as "low" as 40 hours if you just rush through.

Luigiv said:
I don't think anyone's bothered try yet but going by what others have said, you might be able to get as "low" as 40 hours if you just rush through.

ugh.. way too long for me. i'll pass :/

Luigiv

Diprosalic said:
ugh.. way too long for me. i'll pass :/
Yeah, It'll be interesting to see exactly how far I'll be able to get in too. I normally don't have the patience for 100+ hour games myself, so I highly doubt I'll see the end of the game.

The game does everything to give you an awesome feeling of freedom though, so I somewhat doubt that anyone actually "rushed through it".

Top Bottom