• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

dc89

Okay so just got my new PC today and was wondering which version of dolphin would be best to run this game.

PC specs:

i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC
Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB
4gig DDR3

Thanks.

Nocturnowl said:
If possible try to enter the battle with a high meter, that's if there are enemies you can fight nearby to do so but i'm not sure if there is in this case.

thanks and thank you to DMPrince.

i must be the biggest idiot on the planet to not build my meter beforehand. the tips worked great i got him.

dc89 said:
Awesome thanks bro. Forgot to note I'm on Windows 64bit is that version still fine?

Also could you throw me a download link for the game if that's allowed in here :p
yeah i figured you are 64 bit with that much ram so it's linked to 64 bit ;P

EDIT: Nope. can't link you to game sorry. you can buy the game ;P

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
dc89 said:
Awesome thanks bro. Forgot to note I'm on Windows 64bit is that version still fine?

Also could you throw me a download link for the game if that's allowed in here :p

WdJJc.png

DownLikeBCPowder said:
Seems pretty fun and engaging to me, but only 20 hours in. At least I feel like there's a lot more to come. Having a great time, love the tunes and the gameplay.

Thanks. I've been debating an import for a while now. Might give it a shot.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
hey stumpycow u should change the title back no 1 is askin 2 pirat the game and the title is dragging teh thread down

*kagari changes the title weeks later*

*user immediately asks for download link to pirate the game*

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
DoctorWho said:
Thanks. I've been debating an import for a while now. Might give it a shot.

Might wait a bit for the backlog of orders to clear before venturing in.

The game is excellent though. Perfect for obsessive Questing and customizing nature. But unlike a lot of games I enjoy like that (ie; tactics games), this has a much more casual feel where I can just relax when I pick up and play it.

EvilMario said:
Might wait a bit for the backlog of orders to clear before venturing in.

The game is excellent though. Perfect for obsessive Questing and customizing nature. But unlike a lot of games I enjoy like that (ie; tactics games), this has a much more casual feel where I can just relax when I pick up and play it.

That's actually great to hear. I have a tough time getting into most RPGs these days due to their demanding nature.

I think the last full scale RPGs I've finished are Lost Odyssey and Persona 3.

watching people on internet, the combat system is actually pretty deep. The demo event didn't really sell me the game, but i like the combat system and fast travel system.

Hazanko

Banned
Need some help (late game spoilers)

Need bolt elements and inferno elements, but my prison island has sunk into the sea? I'm up to bionis' interior. Can I still get them?

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:
hey stumpycow u should change the title back no 1 is askin 2 pirat the game and the title is dragging teh thread down

Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Hazanko said:
Need some help (late game spoilers)

Need bolt elements and inferno elements, but my prison island has sunk into the sea? I'm up to bionis' interior. Can I still get them?

IIRC: Yes, in the next area when you make it through where you are now.

Hiltz

Sadist said:
Btw, I'm busy with a quest on the Bionis leg where I need
a Tokilo's(?) egg but the only ones I can find are those lvl 79 birds. Are there any lower level Tokilo's in the area?

There's
two items to this quest. The trick is that you can only walk around these monsters because they are sound-senstive type (they have sound wave icons above their name). With the lvl 79 bird, go down the clfif and walk behind the monsters to get the first Tokilo's egg. If you walk then they will not notice you're there even if you're walking right in front of them. However, if you run then they will instantly attack. Do the same thing in Windy Cave by walking past all of the monsters, including the bat guarding the cave entrance and the spider guarding the Pandora mushrom.

Kjellson

Could anyone here recommend a good grinding place when you're at level 78? I'm right at the end of the game but I want to gain some levels to do quests.

zoukka

Can't find the
Sun Bird or whatever in the Marshes. It's the last? quest that little guy gave me in a cave near the ruins temple.
(which was an awesome place and quest).

Also am missing one last item from the
marsh
collection. It's the second row, last slot...

Finalow

i would like to know (spoilers near to the end)
- where can i find crystals HP UP level 5?
I'm in the bionis' interior and i can only find aquatic cloak and aura heal lv 5, they suck. =|
- what's the best
monado replica? And is there a big difference from the default one? And when can i find all the materials?

Boney

Banned
Stumpokapow said:

I'm gonna call you stumpycow from now on

Dascu

Kjellson said:
Could anyone here recommend a good grinding place when you're at level 78? I'm right at the end of the game but I want to gain some levels to do quests.
The end-game dungeons? Personally, I did quests until I was level 83/82 or so, and then took on Arel Telethia at Alcamoth. Their name tags were in yellow, but they're very manageable if you pick them off one at a time. Also be sure to equip EXP Up gems if you have any.

Can anyone tell me which quest gives (no story spoiler but just in case)
Shulk's 4th skill tree? The only tree I have left to fill is the middle 1 and I'm at the skill that gives more quest xp... Don't want that to happen because I'm already overlevelled as it is :p.

Dascu

Out_Of_Ammo said:
Can anyone tell me which quest gives (no story spoiler but just in case)
Shulk's 4th skill tree? The only tree I have left to fill is the middle 1 and I'm at the skill that gives more quest xp... Don't want that to happen because I'm already overlevelled as it is :p.
Desirée in Colony 9.

Mojojo

I love this game but I wish they hadn't gone crazy with the random table for the collectables, some are too hard to get... Game would be shorter too
I can't find any black liver beans :_(

Out_Of_Ammo said:
thanks guys, any requirements for the quest to appear? I have 4 stars in colony 9 now.
You need roughly 4.5 stars for her to give out the quest; make sure you've done everything at the military base and done all of the major multi-step quests. In fact, I think I had to do pretty much everything possible before she gave me the quest...

A bit of an odd request here but does anyone have any guidelines as to how I should tackle the various endgame quests and stuff?
Since I'm under-leveled for most of the tasks i've been given i'm not sure where I should start with all this.
I'm level 77 right now and I barely manged to scrape through the final boss battle, everything to do from now seems to start at around lvl 85, so are there some lower level quests around 75-80 anywhere or am I going to have to grind?

Sadist

By the way, regarding affinity: At Colony 9 and the Bionis Leg I raised towards two stars (I guess this is because I have established enough links between several NPC's) but now what? Do I need improve those relationships or will these NPC's give me more quests?

Dascu

Nocturnowl said:
A bit of an odd request here but does anyone have any guidelines as to how I should tackle the various endgame quests and stuff?
Since I'm under-leveled for most of the tasks i've been given i'm not sure where I should start with all this.
I'm level 77 right now and I barely manged to scrape through the final boss battle, everything to do from now seems to start at around lvl 85, so are there some lower level quests around 75-80 anywhere or am I going to have to grind?
Just try to do all the quests you can do at your level. A lot of the "stronger" mobs in Colony 9 and Bionis' Leg are around your level, so you could fight those to level up. Also, have you explored the new area in Tephra Cave yet (entrance is in Vilia Cave). You probably can't handle the enemies there (levels 90 or more), but the EXP for discovering the locations and landmarks could boost you up a level. I just ran through there like a crazed lunatic.

Andrew.

Banned
I cant believe a member would ask where he could pirate the game. Wasnt the old thread title along the lines of piracy is bannable or something??

Dascu said:
Just try to do all the quests you can do at your level. A lot of the "stronger" mobs in Colony 9 and Bionis' Leg are around your level, so you could fight those to level up. Also, have you explored the new area in Tephra Cave yet (entrance is in Vilia Cave). You probably can't handle the enemies there (levels 90 or more), but the EXP for discovering the locations and landmarks could boost you up a level. I just ran through there like a crazed lunatic.
Thanks, guess it's grind time, my most hated time of all and far removed from the greatness of Reyn time. I have already crept through that area of Tephra cave, and then had to break out into sprinting as I tried and failed to obtain the warehouse key surrounded by a barrage of murderous enemies.

DoctorWho said:
So does this game live up to the hype?

i was ready to give up on single player games outside of the classic nintendo franchises. got bored with pretty much every xbox/ps3/non-nintendo wii title this gen but this game hooked me. i'm even making sidequests and enjoy every minute of it.

if you like the idea of a WoW/mmorpg like approach applied to a single player game then this is a fantastic game for you. i'm 18h in and i haven't even scratched the surface.

Zwei

Aconn1283 said:
I cant believe a member would ask where he could pirate the game. Wasnt the old thread title along the lines of piracy is bannable or something??

stumpy has been vindicated. ;)

creid

My copy + CCPro bundle arrived from GAME on Saturday. Sadly, looking at my calendar, I won't be able to give this game the time it deserves for a while :(

wsippel

Banned
finalozzo said:
i would like to know (spoilers near to the end)
- where can i find crystals HP UP level 5?
I'm in the bionis' interior and i can only find aquatic cloak and aura heal lv 5, they suck. =|
- what's the best
monado replica? And is there a big difference from the default one? And when can i find all the materials?
I personally prefer Rudra and the one requiring Whisp Sun Beads or something.

Top Bottom