• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Kandinsky

42 hours in, level 42, Location: Prison Island,
dat cutscene, holy crap, I think i know who metal face is, mindblowing stuff right there, amazing, just amazing game, i love it!
, cant see anything else as my personal GOTY, hell even GOTG wow.

MicH

After questing a lot since arriving at
Eryth Sea
, I finally ventured forth and arrived at
Alcamoth
at lvl 40. Man what a place. The look of the
High Entia
is.. interesting and I can not believe that the girl
with the red hair and lips in the trailer is actually Melia with a mask! Whaaat is this!?
. Awesome. Such a huge place.
Alvis <3

Sorry for the weird spoilers.

RPGCrazied

I'm asking for a refund now, I guess I'll have to cruise the trade/sell thread for a copy. eBay copies are going for $100 + and most online shops are sold out.

Andrew.

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
I'm asking for a refund now, I guess I'll have to cruise the trade/sell thread for a copy. eBay copies are going for $100 + and most online shops are sold out.

Sorry bro. I feel for you. must be tough. Did you try the other crack like addicting game...Deus Ex....thats been my current addiction till i get a crack at XB.

Tobinishi

Bought the SE today and i absolutely loved the first 2-3 hours, but i feel a little bit lost, especially as i don't want to miss something. Are quests, collectibles, harmonyscenes, etc. missable? Is their some kind of guide or list to all quests etc.? Are there any consequences if i miss a quest, etc.?

Thx for the help :)

qucik question:
Any idea where I can find the second personal thing(a gun or rifle) of the old man's missing son? I should search for 3 objects which belong to his son. I already found the first and 3rd but not the second of the list.
sidenote: I'm in the Marvka woods(Sp?) right now(just behind the hanging bridge over the waterfalls), so if the gun is located later in the game please avoid to spoil. thanx

RPGCrazied said:
hopefully zavvi wont be a bitch trying to refund you the money. Don't feel bad. i tried to do a price match at best buy yesterday because best buy customer service said it was fine and they tried to not let me do it lol.

wrowa

Starwolf_UK said:
The mother said so I thought.
IIRC Floating Island 1
Really? It's been a long time since I've accepted that quest. :S There are so many quests, it's hard to remember all of the details the NPCs said at some point in the game. The quest log only says "at
Eryth Sea
. I wish the log would have been a bit more detailed... it also annoys me that I can't see how much I have progressed in collection quests.

I have found him, btw. Thanks :)

PetrCobra said:
just as you enter his area, he's there at the gate. I couldn't see him either :)
Thanks! :)
I wanted to kill him when he had to hide again afterwards... :p But at least I found him quickly this time around, lol

Varion

Tobinishi said:
Bought the SE today and i absolutely loved the first 2-3 hours, but i feel a little bit lost, especially as i don't want to miss something. Are quests, collectibles, harmonyscenes, etc. missable? Is their some kind of guide or list to all quests etc.? Are there any consequences if i miss a quest, etc.?

Thx for the help :)
Quests - Some, they have a red timer next to them in the quests menu if they're missable.
Collectibles - As in the collectopedia where you register items? No, none.
Heart-to-hearts - None.
Guide - Not yet.
Consequences - You miss items and the chance to trade for high level items in some areas. Nothing that's *hugely* a big deal though, I'm pretty sure all the hidden skill trees etc aren't missable.

TDLink

iamaustrian said:
qucik question:
Any idea where I can find the second personal thing(a gun or rifle) of the old man's missing son? I should search for 3 objects which belong to his son. I already found the first and 3rd but not the second of the list.
sidenote: I'm in the Marvka woods(Sp?) right now(just behind the hanging bridge over the waterfalls), so if the gun is located later in the game please avoid to spoil. thanx

I forget which is which but they're in Tephra Cave, Bionis' Leg, and Satorl Marsh. You can definitely get all of them at this point in the game.

Dascu

MicH said:
Who gives out that old mand looking for son quest anyway? I've somehow managed to avoid it so far.
Well, it's a woman, not an old man. Colony 9 NPC, might be in residential area. Forgot her name.

wsippel

Banned
MicH said:
Who gives out that old mand looking for son quest anyway? I've somehow managed to avoid it so far.
Old lady (Cheryl I believe) in the Commercial District, Colony 9, near the gem man on the upper level.

Subxero

I got my copy from ASDA today. It took exactly two weeks to arrive in the US. Now I just have to decide if I finish up Tales of Vesperia first or go ahead and take a look at Xenoblade tonight. Maybe just a peek.

I think I'm going to install it to save my Wii's DVD drive since it's a launch unit. Of course I haven't used the Wii has much as most people in here have.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
After last night's pre-bedtime session (which ended up lasting until 3:30 am on a night where i had to be up at 8 am for work...sigh), I'm now at 38 hours, level 38, and just reached
Eryth Sea
, and oh man is this place pretty. Virtually every major (outdoor) area in the game so far has been quite literally breathtaking.

I should have been to this point sooner, but I've spent a lot of time dicking around. The game practically commands me to. Like when I saw
Great Makna Falls
, I was just like "I have to swim all the way out there." And let me tell you, it is a lot farther away than it looks. And then I swam around that entire area mapping out the whole lake and then the whole length of the river all the way to the secret area at the end where you can plunge off the Bionis if you don't swim directly against the current. It's the little shit like being able to do that that makes me love the game's world design so much.

So much to doooo...

bubnbob

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
hey stumpycow u should change the title back no 1 is askin 2 pirat the game and the title is dragging teh thread down

*kagari changes the title weeks later*

*user immediately asks for download link to pirate the game*

Throwing Kagari under the bus, man. Bad vibes.

slaughterking said:
Dude, you responded to him. :lol
yeah. i know. but i can't remember which thread. i had to edit because i thought he wanted a link to the emulator. then i saw he asked for the game.

EDIT: Oh god. it's this thread. i'm just off today lol.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
RPGCrazied said:
Thanks, but my luck is super rotten.
I haven't gotten mine still either, free shipping from 365games. Really wanted it to be today too.

green_focus

This game is so good.

It's what I wanted FF XIII & White Knight Chronicles to be. 20 hours in. Loving it. It reminds me of the good old days with the PS2 where there were more JRPGs than I knew what to do with. I lost myself for 12 hours yesterday doing side quests, crafting gems, and exploring. I love that you earn XP for crafting, and for exploring the whole map.

Well worth the import and soft-mod.

If you haven't ordered it yet, DO IT!

MDX

My jaw was literally on the floor as I was running around the
inside of the Nopon tree. It makes the great spirit tree in Avatar look like a sapling

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
RPGCrazied said:
They probably won't give you one yet, I know the site I ordered from said wait 40 days before contacting them with issues. And that sounds about right, my first import (from Asia, not Europe) took almost a month to get here. Fortunately it wasn't something I was super hyped up for or anything.

Anyway, I did tons of side quests today and continued with the story a little, but the part I happened to be at was a pretty major point -
the Etheral Mines
. Lots of hints and foreshadowing there.

RPGCrazied said:

Isn't it too early to ask for a refund? Six calendar weeks would be more reasonable.

ShdwDrake

Banned
This game is sooo good! Played it for a bit yesterday (5-6 hrs) and I can tell im in for a wild ride! I can't wait to get off work and just play this!!

1:09 in second playthrough, arrived at
Central Pit of the Ether Mine

It's fun to see that I put bosses in one or two hit to 50% of their HP and it stops, waiting for the cutscene to play and show my team struggling...then killing the boss in 2 or 3 hits just after that ^^;

Lucentto

Banned
Am I the only one that feels that some areas are so large, that it becomes somewhat of a chore to explore? I guess its because I have no patience.

Gvaz

Banned
Really? The only problems are when there isn't enough quicktravel locations in some levels. Or like places with quest hubs that aren't near quicktravel locations.

Or places like the teleporters in eryth sea should all be landmarks.

CoolS

Quick question to you guys. 44 hours in, Lvl 47 and I just opened the door to
Prison Island
Will I be able to continue doing quests in
Alcomoth
or is there a point of no return coming up? Somehow I have this feeling I can't shake especially since I hardly did any quests in this region yet.

bodine1231 said:
What's the minimum level you should be at to beat the final boss?
I did it at level
76-77
, I should have gone in higher leveled, i'd be doing okay only to suddenly suffer a mass team wipe out, I hate the moves you can't shield.

CoolS said:
Quick question to you guys. 44 hours in, Lvl 47 and I just opened the door to
Prison Island
Will I be able to continue doing quests in
Alcomoth
or is there a point of no return coming up?
No, not yet.

Top Bottom