• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

I know this isnt quite on topic, but i mentioned it along with Xenoblade previously, but I was able to purchase a copy of WKC: Origins from 365Game when it had previously been on backorder, so hopefully this bodes well for availability of Xenoblade!

Why couldnt the Wii have been region free?

=o(

Dmax3901

Location/party member/main story (roughly lvl 35) spoilers ahead.

Arrived in Makna Forest today, crossed the bridge and got to the Nopon City and was like oh yeah Makna wasn't too big. Then proceeded to get lost in the Tree City and slowly get my bearings as I made my way up, talking to different named characters and exploring. Then I head out to kill the Telethia and realised Makna Forest is FUCK OFF huge and got slightly terrified of all the dinosaurs and big things.

The actual battle with the Telethia was epic, took ages and nearly died several times but got him in one go, very satisfying.

Mojojo

MetatronM said:
Alright, Colony 6 immigrant question: Is there any real difference if I choose
Perrine
or
Mefimefi
? Is one option better than the other?

Up to about 51 hours now, level 46. I think I put in close to 5 hours today will making precisely zero main storyline progress once again. Once I'm satisfied/bored with sidequesting it'll be off to
Prison Island

I chose Perrine. I haven't tried the other choice, but I did in other similar quests, and beside affinity and relationships differences(and follow up quests), I don't think it changes anything for the stars you get toward the concerned area... I have yet to see a quest with that kind of choice that will dock down points if you choose the 'wrong' person.'
Some inhabitants got some bad relationships because of my choices, didn't prevent me from reaching 5 stars :p

Help please
Nopon village questions:
where is dobadoba? I did his quest but now I can't find him/it
where is cherri?
where is Leku?(the one you have to bring 10 pieces of dino-meat)

thanx in advance

BlazingDarkness said:
Yeah I had the problem with the dinosaur aggroing mid battle, best thing to do is lure the Zolos southward away from the dinosaur

that stupid motherfucker killed me at least 5 times.
The devs were trolling hard when they put a
Level 98 super-monster-killer dino just next to a L 37 Zolos. Same goes to the L 98 flying dino in Makna forest. "woosh-woosh...huh? what's that noise? I don't see any enemy" ....flying-dino attacks and kills me one-hit
wtf? lol

Feep

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
Has anyone had any luck finding the Clear Waterfall in Makna?
The hidden location?

There's a U-turn bend in the north of Makna; go to the top of the U, and head directly south. It's a really pretty little inlet.

I'd probably be able to beat
Xord
if
Sharla
didn't die ALL THE TIME

I'm lvl 25, she's the only one dying in the battles... I always have to heal her too and it does no good.

Feep said:
The hidden location?

There's a U-turn bend in the north of Makna; go to the top of the U, and head directly south. It's a really pretty little inlet.

wait you mean
the U by Eks Watering Hole?

yeah thats not it. I dont know where it is. Im gonna need a close landmark or something to go by.

iamaustrian said:
Help please
Nopon village questions:
where is dobadoba? I did his quest but now I can't find him/it
where is cherri?
where is Leku?(the one you have to bring 10 pieces of dino-meat)
Well, according to the spreadsheet:
Dobadoba should be near the Pollen Orb Storehouse between 3:00 and 18:00.
Cherri should be near the Pollen Orb Storehouse between 6:00 and 18:00.
Leku should be near the Archaeology level between 6:00 and 18:00.

JumpingTheGun said:
Lightspeed Sonid
is kicking my fucking ass. im at lvl 47 and its at 44. My party is Shulk, Dunban and Sharla. Im using Purge as much as possible as well as an opening chain attack to daze him and he still wont go down. Is there a better party or party member to use against him? Any strategies?
Switch out
Dunban for Ryen
. Thats what worked out for me. It took me a few goes too.

iamaustrian said:
The devs were trolling hard when they put a
Level 98 super-monster-killer dino just next to a L 37 Zolos. Same goes to the L 98 flying dino in Makna forest. "woosh-woosh...huh? what's that noise? I don't see any enemy" ....flying-dino attacks and kills me one-hit
wtf? lol
They troll kind of backfired though. Character arte spoiler
Dunban learns an arte called Demon Slayer. This has an interesting property. If you kill an enemy using it, all enemies you are in battle with you are toppled and given toppling an enemy while toppled increases duration (plus topple canceled out the accuracy penalty) its possible to kill those Dinosaurs at like 50 levels below when you should.
Though considering how the bell shaped curve for EXP works on so you'll only get like
5000 points rather than 87000

SecretMoblin said:
Well, according to the spreadsheet:
Dobadoba should be near the Pollen Orb Storehouse between 3:00 and 18:00.
Cherri should be near the Pollen Orb Storehouse between 6:00 and 18:00.
Leku should be near the Archaeology level between 6:00 and 18:00.

thanx a ton. that helded

wrowa

JumpingTheGun said:
ok cool. now about that
broken bridge. will i eventually have to repair it? or is it a sidequest?
It's a sidequest, but you have to reach a certain point in the story to be able to activate it.

wahh, Ryen is such a dumbass dork. I powered up all of his abilities and he should be a walking tank of destruction and mayhem in battle by now and what does he do? He hardly uses any of them.
anyway to force him doing his special moves more often?

OK, here's something I still don't quite get. The recharge rate of Shulk's Monado powers still seems sorta random to me. Is there some kind of system to it? Sometimes I'll be unable to use it for like half of an entire fight and I'll just sit there helplessly unable to shield anyone once an enemy decides to dish out a special attack. Sometimes my powers will activate, but Buster attack will be unavailable. It seems to become more unpredictable as the game goes on.

Maybe I missed this during one of the tutorials or in the manual (which to be honest is kind of crappy).

And how do I tell my party members to assist me in battle and stop running off to fight far away monsters again? In the manual, it only tells me the Wiimote button combo (which is like B and down on the dpad, I think).

Monado's talent arts recharge through auto-attacks. If Shulk's auto attacks don't connect it'll take a while for the Monado to be available again.

And yeah, there are button combos to give your party vague orders. I usually just used "focus", which makes them attack the same enemy as you do.

polg

SlipperySlope said:
Dang, this game has a lot of random quests.

Not only that, but when you go back to places and there are new quests... that unlock new quests... where you find new people... that have other quests... -head explodes-

Lumine

Still enjoying this one, I'm about 14 hours in or so, currently in the Marsh. I was surprised that Colony 6 gets skipped, yet I'm sure I've seen posts about it. I guess it still opens up at a later point?

I have to say that I'm still a little annoyed they would tease the player with a buggy like that. Having a mount of sorts that would increase movement speed would really make exploring these huge area's less of a chore.
I also wish more quests were retro-active. Re-visiting a town only to find that there's still quests to get which I practically already did, such as killing a named monster and having to do it again, is a little annoying.
Lastly, some quests need me return to some npc, but they're often unnecessarily hard to find again. A better tracking system for many quest related things would've been very welcome.

Minor complaints though, still a great game.

Lumine said:
Still enjoying this one, I'm about 14 hours in or so, currently in the Marsh. I was surprised that Colony 6 gets skipped, yet I'm sure I've seen posts about it. I guess it still opens up at a later point?

I have to say that I'm still a little annoyed they would tease the player with a buggy like that. Having a mount of sorts that would increase movement speed would really make exploring these huge area's less of a chore.
I also wish more quests were retro-active. Re-visiting a town only to find that there's still quests to get which I practically already did, such as killing a named monster and having to do it again, is a little annoying.
Lastly, some quests need me return to some npc, but they're often unnecessarily hard to find again. A better tracking system for many quest related things would've been very welcome.

Minor complaints though, still a great game.

People can be hard to find. If you check the Affinity chart, you can get what times they are available, which helps. What's annoying is the ones that move around.

wrowa

Lumine said:
Colony 6 is entirely optional. You can go there already, actually. But you skipped it apparently :p

CoolS

Lumine said:

Actually it will open up very soon and you'll be explicitly told so :)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
wrowa said:
Colony 6 is entirely optional. You can go there already, actually. But you skipped it apparently :p
You have to get to get to the end of the marsh first, before you climb the wall. I was confused at first too because I hadn't gotten there yet and the doors to Colony 6 were locked.

anyway to force him doing his special moves more often?
Not that I know of, other than using him and doing it yourself. Sounds like bad luck, the AI does pretty well for me. Sharla has a tendency to not heal people in big fights for some reason but other than that I don't think I could ask for more out of it. Reyn does a good job toppling enemies after I break them and using arts to draw aggro if one of the enemies gets off him.

Dmax3901

Here's a question: How many of you use someone other than Shulk as your player character? If you don't, who do you use and for how long a stint?

I'm lvl 34 and haven't used anyone else.

Grampasso

Kyuuketsu_Night said:
I'd probably be able to beat
Xord
if
Sharla
didn't die ALL THE TIME

I'm lvl 25, she's the only one dying in the battles... I always have to heal her too and it does no good.
Is it the fight with the little adds? If so avoid them at all, concentrate on Xord. IF sharla keeps dying there's a high chance you didn't level enough her healing arts. I had everything at 3 at that fight, though my party was 27/27/26, but I don't think 2 levels would make much of a difference. Are you using chains to break/topple him? It's vital that you do that, otherwise I think it's impossible to win that fight

Dmax3901 said:
Here's a question: How many of you use someone other than Shulk as your player character? If you don't, who do you use and for how long a stint?

Level 54 and I always use different people, it's fun to mix it up a bit
I probably use Reyn the least, followed by Shulk - I use Shulk usually in major story parts or obviously against Mechon but often use the other characters while exploring

waytofailself

Neo Member
Anyone else having ASDA problems? I sent a message awhile ago to see if they could locate where my game was. Their response pretty much entailed the following.

We can confirm that the refund for the products listed below has been successful. This will show on your credit card statement within 5 working days

Your Order: 16741419
Quantity Title Refunded Price
1 Xenoblade Chronicles GBP 29.91

Should you need any further help, please contact one of our customer service colleagues and they will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Asda Entertainment

So I guess pre-ordering a month and a half before release doesn't mean a lot for me getting the game. Or if I receive the game in the mail sometime later this week it's okay. I wasn't trying to get a refund (yet), I only wanted to know if they knew where my game was.

Reconfirmation for people that ASDA is out of stock I guess. At least in the end I'd be out nothing, and the customer service wasn't terrible?

RPGCrazied

waytofailself said:
Anyone else having ASDA problems? I sent a message awhile ago to see if they could locate where my game was. Their response pretty much entailed the following.

So I guess pre-ordering a month and a half before release doesn't mean a lot for me getting the game. Or if I receive the game in the mail sometime later this week it's okay. I wasn't trying to get a refund (yet), I only wanted to know if they knew where my game was.

Reconfirmation for people that ASDA is out of stock I guess. At least in the end I'd be out nothing, and the customer service wasn't terrible?

I'm starting to think they over thought how many copies they had. So regradless of it shipping out, I don't think it really was. I was refunded from Zavvi. I heard GAME had canceled orders as well.

waytofailself said:

Diddnt have any problem. Blazingdarkness here ordered the game the weekend before the game came out. Shipped the following Monday. Got it on Wednesday. He also bought my copy which arrived 2 weeks later. He's in the UK. I'm in the US

How far along do I have to be and what triggers the
quest to repair the broken bridge in Makna? I just finished assisting Melia in the Entia Tomb and my affinity in all areas so far is at least 3 stars

Alright, I think I'm done with Xenoblade. I got close to 100 hours of great fun out of it and even though I still have quite a bit of end game content (i.e. grinding for stuff) left, I consider my adventure done since I don't want to burn out and ruin the game forever for me.
Fantastic experience and it's still funny that North America is missing out on a great piece of JRPG culture while Europe isn't. :I

McNum

JumpingTheGun said:
quest to repair the broken bridge in Makna? I just finished assisting Melia in the Entia Tomb and my affinity in all areas so far is at least 3 stars
You're almost there. In fact, it's practically the next thing you unlock if you proceed with the story.

Dascu

JumpingTheGun said:
Keep going.
You'll end up on the other side of that bridge eventually, and then you can talk to some Nopon there for the bridge repair quest.

RPGCrazied

slaughterking said:
Alright, I think I'm done with Xenoblade. I got close to 100 hours of great fun out of it and even though I still have quite a bit of end game content (i.e. grinding for stuff) left, I consider my adventure done since I don't want to burn out and ruin the game forever for me.
Fantastic experience and it's still funny that North America is missing out on a great piece of JRPG culture while Europe isn't. :I

I'll just be starting out on Tuesday, any tips for me? :3 What should I watch out for, etc, etc.

Thanks guys. Im really just anxious to
get assigned the quest that has me enter that tomb/shrine in Mana that finally gives Shulk a new Monado Art so hopefully Im getting closer

edit: phew

MicH

JumpingTheGun said:
You will be able to soon, but you will know when you can do the quest. Just keep progressing the story.

I just progressed a lot in the story mode today. 55 hours, lvl 53 spoilers ahead (aka do not read until you see lvl 52 monstrs). Completed
Sword Valley
and I'm now in
Galahad Fortress
. The story is sooo engaging and I'm so looking forward to
my next encounter with Fiora! Also the fight with Metal Face Mumkhar was one of the hardest fights I've had in the game so far. I had to use my skills as good as I could. Very fun. I can feel that I'm not overleveled anymore and it's actually quite. I did, however, rush through Sword Valley and might go back to explore more. Same for Eryth Sea and Valak Mountains :p GREAT GAME!

Haunted

endgame spoilers

WTF I just saw a lvl 114 monster at Valak Mountain. I thought your party's max level is 99 - how the fuck am I even supposed to touch that thing!?

Gvaz said:
Do you think I'm too overleveled for
Prison Island
? I'm level 50-51 @ 45.5 hours
emot-v.gif
The game tells you - if the enemies are black/blue, you know you're overleveled.

RPGCrazied said:
I'll just be starting out on Tuesday, any tips for me? :3 What should I watch out for, etc, etc.
Congratulations on finally getting the game! :p

And, well, there's not a lot of advise to give. Just play at your own pace, don't feel forced to finish every sidequests the moment you get it, read every tutorial, change the camera speed to the fastest option, make sure to talk to every blue dot on the minimap and just have fun.

Dascu

Haunted said:
endgame spoilers

WTF I just saw a lvl 114 monster at Valak Mountain. I thought your party's max level is 99 - how the fuck am I even supposed to touch that thing!?
You have to get creative with gems. There's an accuracy penalty that would make such a high-level enemy practically invincible. However, there's gems that can boost your own accuracy. For instance the Night Vision+ gems. Equip a bunch of those, set the time to night, and you will be able to hit those enemies.

There's a more detailed strategy out there that explains how to easily defeat those 100+ "super-bosses". It's basically about crafting the right gems and using the right team to improve your accuracy, negate their spike damage and keep them toppled for most of the battle.

McNum

slaughterking said:
Congratulations on finally getting the game! :p

And, well, there's not a lot of advise to give. Just play at your own pace, don't feel forced to finish every sidequests the moment you get it, read every tutorial, change the camera speed to the fastest option, make sure to talk to every blue dot on the minimap and just have fun.
I got one, because it's a stat that's not readily apparent what it does: Agility.

Agility affects BOTH how accurate your attacks are and how good the character is a dodging. Some characters have a naturally low agility, which is not really something you want to worry too much about as they usually have other stats high to compensate, but a couple of characters have naturally high Agility, which you'll want to push. Equipment that increases Agility and lightweight armor are the way to go with them. They'll dodge most things around their level.

Cwarrior

Am 55 hours in but still don't quite understand how the gem crafting works and my inventory is full for items, what do i do with items that say it would be worth more if you clean it or could be used as fishing hook.

ksamedi

Dmax3901 said:

Can't say which characters you have right now but I used mostly
Melia, Sharla, Dumban
. Later in the game I switched
Melia
with uuh, maybe I shouldn't spoil it for you :)

You will realize that Shulk is overrated when you learn to use the other characters properly.

ksamedi

Cwarrior said:
Am 55 hours in but still don't quite understand how the gem crafting works and my inventory is full for items, what do i do with items that say it would be worth more if you clean it or could be used as fishing hook.

Whats important is to raise the affinities between party members. You get more turns that way. Other than that, just experiment with different character combinations. Once I found a good combi, I sticked with it.

Top Bottom