• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Evlar

Banned
Yeah, the first thing I think of here is, "Thank! God! Someone in Japan paid attention to FFXII!"

That doesn't mean it doesn't have plenty of its own things going on, but the influence is strongly felt.

Ydahs

Feep said:
This is a beta map that was cut from the final game. There's definitely a YouTube video of someone hacking the game and exploring it...

Edit: Here
I think that video has end game spoilers :(

Mentioned cutscene after beating final boss. Closed it immediately.

Gvaz

Banned
Nah I've seen that video before playing the game. It spoils nothing really, and even though I'm mostly done the game I have no idea.

Leeness

BOOOOOO that's why I wasn't finding the ponies... They're directly in that path of that giant level 90ish beast, haha. I usually give him a wide, wide berth.

carlos

Man, fuck the final boss, lost about 3-4 hours retrying on him, since I didn't want to start over at the point of no return. Some different BS happened every time to screw things up :mad:

So frustrated I went to youtube to see if I could just watch the ending, but they are all in japanese; not sure if this game will fall into the "got to last boss but never finished" pile along with star ocean 2. Shame, because I loved the game until now.

Lvl 77 btw...

Chanser

_Alkaline_ said:
12 hours in.

Gaur Plains might be one of my favourite video game environments of all time.

Wait until you see
Eryth Sea
!

Just over 50 hours in and I'm still at
Eryth Sea

Wichu

I keep on accidentally spoiling myself on the last party member. I've gotten used to it by now, but it's still annoying. Gotta continue the story until I get them now.

wrowa

Feep said:
This is a beta map that was cut from the final game. There's definitely a YouTube video of someone hacking the game and exploring it...

Huh. Now I wonder why they cut an area that was already finished. Even if it isn't a part of the story, it would have been really cool as an optional end-game map. Oh well. Looks pretty awesome, though.

Zornica

Banned
carlos said:
Man, fuck the final boss, lost about 3-4 hours retrying on him, since I didn't want to start over at the point of no return. Some different BS happened every time to screw things up :mad:

So frustrated I went to youtube to see if I could just watch the ending, but they are all in japanese; not sure if this game will fall into the "got to last boss but never finished" pile along with star ocean 2. Shame, because I loved the game until now.

Lvl 77 btw...

i don't see the problem here. go downstairs, equip some xp gems and kill a bunch of enemies. you can gain 3 lvls in less than 20 minutes in that area. the final boss will be a joke by then.

Gvaz

Banned
wrowa said:
Huh. Now I wonder why they cut an area that was already finished. Even if it isn't a part of the story, it would have been really cool as an optional end-game map. Oh well. Looks pretty awesome, though.
They probably meant it as a part of the game for something, but then had to cut it early.

I'd totally go for dlc if it was possible for the wii to have that with non-wiiware titles.

RPGCrazied

Wichu said:
I keep on accidentally spoiling myself on the last party member. I've gotten used to it by now, but it's still annoying. Gotta continue the story until I get them now.

I think I spoiled it too asking about how far am I at gamefaqs, :lol. Yes or no,
its Fiora
? Please do not highlight if you are curious. I warn you now. :p

I'm struggling against this lvl31 unique at exile fortress. I am about lvl32 though.

Grampasso

On my Wii playthrough I unlocked
Colony 6 reconstruction
, then I decided to try the game on Dolphin just to see if it would run on my PC... and I was like WTF? o_O
I hope the data save import works, I guess I should copy the save file on the SD Card and import from the card? Otherwise I'll have to start over and throw away my first 28 hours :D

Gvaz

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
I think I spoiled it too asking about how far am I at gamefaqs, :lol. Yes or no,
its Fiora

I'm struggling against this lvl31 unique at exile fortress. I am about lvl32 though.
Since you asked,
yes. After you realize that Metal Face is a certain earlier playable character (either before or after the reveal, it was pretty obvious from the 2nd encounter because he almost comes out and says it pretty early on) It makes sense that she might be okay though fuck if I know how.
(7th character spoiler)

Phenomic

Feep said:

Are there other places that we know that were cut? Or is this pretty much the only thing anyone found. God there's some much random potential for a place like this, almost even looked like there was a cut race of people due to the houses that are shown.

NOE sent me a second survey about Xeonblade, asking my feelings about the game and how much I thought it was worth. Heh

Currently
at the High Entia, supposed to be saving a guy who was checking on the lighthouse. I'm level 39 but the gang of level 36 monsters attacking the guy totally murders my team
what should I do GAF?

gamingeek

JennyTablina said:
NOE sent me a second survey about Xeonblade, asking my feelings about the game and how much I thought it was worth. Heh

Me too.

They want to know:

1. How many hours you've played with the top reply being over 21 hours

2. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being your favourite game ever, how would you rate your satisfaction with Xenoblade Chronicles?

3. How satisfied were you with Xenoblade Chronicles?

4. Now that you have played Xenoblade Chronicles, how does it compare with what you thought it would be like?

5. Having played Xenoblade Chronicles, please tell us what parts of the software, if any, you were happy or satisfied with.

6. Having played Xenoblade Chronicles, please tell us what parts of the software, if any, you did not like or were dissatisfied with.

7. How much do you think Xenoblade Chronicles is worth in pounds?

8. Please tell us whether or not you agree with the following statements about Xenoblade Chronicles. List provided below

9. Based on your expectations prior to playing the game, what do you think about the amount of content in Xenoblade Chronicles?

10. What do you think about the difficulty level of Xenoblade Chronicles?

11. What do you think about the controls of Xenoblade Chronicles?

12. How many people, including yourself, use Xenoblade Chronicles?

13. How likely is it that you would recommend Xenoblade Chronicles to friends or family?

14. Have you already recommended Xenoblade Chronicles to somebody else?

15. What level of gaming experience would you classify yourself as having?

MicH

RPGCrazied said:
Have to say NoA really dropped the ball with this one. One of the best Wii games in my opinion.
Totally agree. I just don't understand why they won't localize this. It makes absolutely no sense. Thank god we have NoE for that.

McNum

RPGCrazied said:
its Fiora

Your spoiler
is accurate
, but not quite the way you think.

Finalow

ElTopo said:
Question regarding the ending, read only if you've seen the ending:
Did the game really imply Zanza is German (Klaus) ? I didn't pay attention to the voice acting, so I'm not sure if that's just because of my language setting. Pretty funny though.
i don't think so, or at least i didn't notice this.

ElTopo said:
Question regarding the ending, read only if you've seen the ending:
Did the game really imply Zanza is German (Klaus) ? I didn't pay attention to the voice acting, so I'm not sure if that's just because of my language setting. Pretty funny though.
I think it's just a result of Japan's common fascination with German names. Just look at Xenosaga's unfitting German subtitles.
However, I would still like to believe it was a German guy that destroyed the universe.

RPGCrazied

Is my Wii dying? I'm noticing while exploring Makna Forest lots of poping in textures and just general rendering of the environment.

The view distance is great though. I notice it in other zones too, but its pretty bad here.

RPGCrazied

*phew* saw some youtube video, does it for him too. Good to know.

Does it do it in Dolphin? Maybe I'll play it on there after this run.

Gvaz

Banned
Linking some screenshots! All of these are spoilers, if you don't AT LEAST have the 7th character yet, don't click any of them, put it that way.
emot-siren.gif
Spoiler warnings!
emot-siren.gif

Shulk and another character
7th Character spoiler

Minor spoilers but yeah I owned this guy at this level, you jealous?
Okay it took me like five tries and had to switch Reyn out for dunban and stick a HP gem in Melia to deal with his Titan Stomp AoE that would oneshot her. Also he's immune to toppling and breaking even in chain attack mode :|

The other only character in the game with Breast Jiggle physics

Pretty good group shot, but got damnit Reyn!!!

A view of a factory

Getting ready for battle

Fighting a mechon with a face

Again, SPOILERSS

RPGCrazied said:
Is my Wii dying? I'm noticing while exploring Makna Forest lots of poping in textures and just general rendering of the environment.

The view distance is great though. I notice it in other zones too, but its pretty bad here.
sadly it's because a wii is a wii :(

2San

gamingeek said:
11. What do you think about the controls of Xenoblade Chronicles?
All of you better say that the controls sucks. I'll never understand why they didn't add the option to customize it. I love the game, but come on. >_>

Gvaz

Banned
ElTopo said:
Exactly the same with me, though I went with
Shulk/Reyn/Sharla
and used (Monado arts spoiler)
Monado Armor to protect me from Titan Stomp
. Except for the top 5 unique monsters it was definitely the hardest unique monster for me.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT THING

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Twilight Princess said:
i cant believe this area is cut??? what the hell. would have been great to explore the heck out of it.

They probably tried to keep it varied and I bet they thought it was too similar to Bionis Leg, which is a shame as this was one of my favorite parts so far.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This map would make for a nice DLC...on other platforms.

Zornica

Banned
Toma said:
This map would make for a nice DLC...on other platforms.

except you would't need to download this because its already on your game dvd. you just have to unlock it using some kind of iso manipulation. ;)

flyover

JumpingTheGun said:
Lvl 52 and about to enter
Sword Valley
. Overleveled, underleveled or just right?

You might be a little overleveled, in general, but not by too much. I showed up there at level 48 or 49, I think, and I did all right -- though I also leveled up quickly in that area (tons of XP about).

A couple of the enemies could still pose a challenge, though. One type, in particular, killed me in several battles, though it wasn't necessary to fight them. You'll probably be able to guess which, when you come across them. Those fights were fun.

flyover

Oxx said:
I'm drowning in side-quests. I think it might be time to cut the cord and head back to the main story thread.
Isn't that the truth? The amazing thing about this game is that I really liked playing the main storyline sections, and I loved the sidequesting -- and I never got sick of either or felt too bad when I was doing one or the other. Usually, I can't wait to get to one or the other. With Xenoblade, I'm enjoying both, equally.

I had to remind myself to head back to the main storyline on several occasions, and I was excited to do so. But I'd also had a blast just exploring. Nothing ever felt like grinding. It felt like I was always in control, like the game wanted me to play it exactly the way I felt like playing it at any given time.

Yes this game does a spectacular job of putting zero pressure on the player, yet having options available to play and complete what you want at your leisure. I've spent this entire week in one particular area just exploring and sidequesting. All the while feeling no need to press on with main story because I was so content just doing whatever I wanted. The fact that you are rewarded for this is nothing short of awesome.

Oxx

Definitely happy that there is no 'helpful' hint system telling you where you should be going next every ten minutes.

Gvaz said:
How do you get this survey?
NOE will e-mail you a link. If you registered on Club Nintendo how it goes is those who registered first (or day 1) get sent the survey a month after release. It seems now how they do it is if you don't answer it'll go to people who registered later until they have enough responses. Presumably these are compiled into a report that Monolithsoft will eventually read so I'd expect common praise and criticisms to be the ones heard.

In short, registering day 1 is your best shot was you best shot at getting it. I kind of want to bide over my answers but the:
Places are limited however, so if you'd like to take part, please do so quickly.
Makes me think NOE don't really mind and would probably like short and easy to understand.

Off to do it.

Oxx said:
Definitely happy that there is no 'helpful' hint system telling you where you should be going next every ten minutes.
In the options I think you can turn the Crazy Taxi radar off too. Still would be nice to have a Crazy Taxi radar for NPC fetch quests (for those times you've got their affinity but still can't find them) as the helpful HUD radar is a bit small for the job.

edit:
What do you think about the controls of Xenoblade Chronicles?

Extremely difficult, Very difficult, Somewhat difficult, Neither easy nor difficult, Somewhat easy, Very easy, Extremely easy
Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Then we get tot he finale:
Please write your opinions/impressions regarding Xenoblade Chronicles.
If nothing comes to mind, please type "none in particular".

Top Bottom