• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Gvaz

Banned
Moonlight Paimon is just as bad! They're supposed to drop books for:

-Healing Gift
-Summon Ice
-Guard Shift
-Play Dead

But I've only seen them drop play dead about half the time, paimon drops healing gift rarely, but no summon ice or guard shift :(

RPGCrazied

:lol, okay. The side quests are taking up all my time. Almost at 25hours, just entered Makna Forest, but decided to go back to questing.

wrowa

KarmaCow said:
You'll know it when you reach it. The game makes it very clear and gives you a choice to keep going or not.
What the game doesn't tell you, however, is that you can't save after you've entered the point of no return. So there's no way that one could possibly "ruin" his or her save-file. (Well, you also can't just call it a day afterwards, you've got to keep on playing)

I need some assistance in finding Dunban's 4th Skill Tree
Im in Valak Mountain and about to head to Sword Valley. Thing is, Ive only completed 6 sidequests. Monster Hunting 1-4, Chilkins & Antols and Valak Mountain Research. I know Dunbans skill tree is unlocked by talking to the Nopons, but Ive tried both camps (the one at the beginning and the one on the lower level both during the day and night but no exclamations pop up. One nopon on the lower level claims his buddy is trapped or something, but still no exclamations. From the looks of my map, everything is uncovered so what's the deal?

edit:
checked the spreadsheeeeit and it says Ive got to complete the sidequests Bad Timing and Chilkin Changes. Where do I unlock these?

MicH

JumpingTheGun said:
I need some assistance in finding Dunban's 4th Skill Tree
Im in Valak Mountain and about to head to Sword Valley. Thing is, Ive only completed 6 sidequests. Monster Hunting 1-4, Chilkins & Antols and Valak Mountain Research. I know Dunbans skill tree is unlocked by talking to the Nopons, but Ive tried both camps (the one at the beginning and the one on the lower level both during the day and night but no exclamations pop up. One nopon on the lower level claims his buddy is trapped or something, but still no exclamations. From the looks of my map, everything is uncovered so what's the deal?
The prereq is Chilkins and Antols, so you have that covered. The Nopon that gives out the quest is in the Nopon Camp landmark. Have you tried talking to him with Dunban?

Also, did you find the Nopon in the icy cave and defeat the four Guard Chilkins that block the exit?

MicH said:
The prereq is Chilkins and Antols, so you have that covered. The Nopon that gives out the quest is in the Nopon Camp landmark. Have you tried talking to him with Dunban?

Also, did you find the Nopon in the icy cave and defeat the four Guard Chilkins that block the exit?

Aw man!
I missed the icy cave one. I might have it uncovered though. Whats the name and/or where is it located?

MicH

JumpingTheGun said:
Aw man!
I missed the icy cave one. I might have it uncovered though. Whats the name and/or where is it located?
You put me in a bad place. I cannot remember where it is :p
It's covered by ice/snow so you have to melt it by using your magma rock. Try looking around, my immediate guess is that is' near the end of the cave or just before the Nopon camp (before the icy tunnel). TO CLARIFY: It's super small and only a Nopon is inside. Had you found it, you would have known.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Woo! I finally got my copy. My Wii is all set up for region-free and playing from the memory stick as well. Can't wait to get home to play.

I have a question, though. I've been reading about how people have somehow "scrubbed" all the other language VO out of their game other than english when ripping it to their SD cards, which makes it about half the size. How do you do this?

Chanser

Anyone find that the money you earn, you just spend it on art books only? I haven't found any compelling reason to spend on something else.

Dmax3901

Ok some questions regarding skill books and cut off times for doing stopwatch'd quests. Spoilers, I'm around lvl 40:

Where do you get all of Sharla's skill books? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

And when do all the Alcamoth timed quests get cut off? Is it an obvious plot point or should I do them asap?

Zornica

Banned
finally beat the lvl 120 dragon right on the 120 hour mark. feels good man.
that was probably the most intense fight I've ever had in this game.

at 3/4 hp a nebular joined the fun and at 2/3hp ohne of those yeti things attacked (the one with the spike damage). without melias reflection spell it would have been impossible to get out of this situation alive, but I somehow still managed to beat all 3 of them lol. 20 glorious minutes of attacking, knocking down, reviving, healing, running, reflecting and casting shit.
most fun I've had in a long time. I wish there were more lvl 100+ bosses :/
now the KI is in for a real treat: they will be allowed to kill zanza on their own, while i am on the toilet :p

Dmax3901 said:
Ok some questions regarding skill books and cut off times for doing stopwatch'd quests. Spoilers, I'm around lvl 40:

Where do you get all of Sharla's skill books? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

And when do all the Alcamoth timed quests get cut off? Is it an obvious plot point or should I do them asap?
For Sharla, just keep looking at every new shop you come upon. Her skill books are sold along with the others.

You have a long ways to go before the Alcamoth timed quests get cut off; maybe 20-25 more levels or so?

MicH

Final party member spoiler
Will Fiora ever get her biological body back? The Machina doctor (her name escapes me) said that she MIGHT be able to "grow back" her organs, so she sould go back if she ever feels ill. Does something ever happen?

XPE

Damn this
Dragon boss
is cheap and worse thing about it my other attacker stops attacking its like they are stuck on the floor!!!!

Dmax3901

SecretMoblin said:
For Sharla, just keep looking at every new shop you come upon. Her skill books are sold along with the others.

You have a long ways to go before the Alcamoth timed quests get cut off; maybe 20-25 more levels or so?

Whoa ok, thanks.

XPE

Gvaz said:
Lots of skillbooks are dropped only by rare mobs, and even then rarely. It stinks.

And when they do drop them, its the ones you never use, to find shilks back slash in one of them

just a little note: Eryth Sea during daylight theme might very well be my favourite theme...even better than the main one

man, it almost looks like a Nintendo game, quality-wise

aceface

Just got this game in the mail the other day, it's great so far. But my only question is, is there a quest guide anywhere online? Already I can't find the NPC I'm supposed to return a watch to and this is my first one. Help please!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
MicH said:
Final party member spoiler
Will Fiora ever get her biological body back? The Machina doctor (her name escapes me) said that she MIGHT be able to "grow back" her organs, so she sould go back if she ever feels ill. Does something ever happen?

DON'T HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE END SCENE OF THIS GAME TO BE SPOILED

In the ending scene yeah she goes back to being human but you'll never be able to control 'normal biological Fiora' during gameplay.

Gvaz said:
Lots of skillbooks are dropped only by rare mobs, and even then rarely. It stinks.

XPE said:
And when they do drop them, its the ones you never use, to find shilks back slash in one of them

Gvaz said:
Or to find some bleh move for a character you never use dropped by a trash mob -_-

That is why it is always best to abuse the hell of save-reload function to get the one you really want every time you are seeing a nice and shiny gold chest.

Gvaz

Banned
Laughing Banana said:
That is why it is always best to abuse the hell of save-reload function to get the one you really want every time you are seeing a nice and shiny gold chest.

Motherfucker I quoted this and got spoiled when i was just trying to reply to this part :(

anyways that's even with me using savestate reloading in dolphin (quick as lightning)....and reloading 50+ times to before opening the chest.

Some mobs seem predisposed to certain skillbooks. Even normal saving and reloading the whole save as you'd do for a rare mob doesn't change this that much.

They never have more than 4 skillbooks on them, but two occur very often, third book shows up very rarely (1 in 20 or 30) and the fourth one even rarer still. My savestate patience is probably like 15 minutes worth of retrys per book

I get the first book within 2 minutes, second within 10 usually, third within half an hour, fourth generally doesn't happen because I give up at that point.

Leeness

Okay, stupid question, but I'm looking for a monster type in Gaur and I just can't find them.

Where the heck are the Ponios? :/

I saw them the first time I entered Gaur, like around the entrance, but now I've seen not a hoof. And I've looked over almost the entirity of Gaur Plains, like opened up most of the map.

ramyeon

Finally got Colony 9 up to 4 stars but I don't know where to go from there...
I completed every quest available atm it seems apart from the one where I have to raise affinity between Melia and Sharla. That's gonna take awhile I think... Should I be getting more anytime soon or do they appear later on in the story? Emmy won her fight with the poison sword and now everyone hates her so I assume that needs to be resolved...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Leeness said:
Okay, stupid question, but I'm looking for a monster type in Gaur and I just can't find them.

I saw them the first time I entered Gaur, like around the entrance, but now I've seen not a hoof. And I've looked over almost the entirity of Gaur Plains, like opened up most of the map.

The lack of ability to pick which quest you want your minimap to direct you to is really bringing me down ;_;

I dont want to google to find the ponies. I want to go there. and get them

Leeness

Anasui Kishibe said:
around Jabos Rock Rest Area during daytime....they also roam near the forest just outside the Camp

Haha, I've seriously scoured that area with a fine toothed comb, day and night. o_O

I'll go looking in the forest, cause jeez.

HolyCheck said:
I dont want to google to find the ponies. I want to go there. and get them

See, the thing is though... I know where they are. I've seen them before. They're just...never there anymore. Haha.

Also, where is the "official" Tirkin camp? I have a quest to find a ~leader~.

Gvaz

Banned
Leeness said:

Maybe if you went back there to the landmark near the beginning, and look in that area you'll find them.

Leeness said:

YOu know that oasis thing? where you can save a bathing girl? The one with a few level 70 armus? It's round back there with tirkin guards. you can't miss it.

Leeness

Gvaz said:
Maybe if you went back there to the landmark near the beginning, and look in that area you'll find them.

I have. I know they were around Juju's wrecked buggy, because I remember seeing them before finding the buggy and going "Aww, ponies".

But I've been around the area over and over and over and all I see are the Ardun groups now.

Leeness said:
Haha, I've seriously scoured that area with a fine toothed comb, day and night. o_O

See, the thing is though... I know where they are. I've seen them before. They're just...never there anymore. Haha.

not in the forest, just outside of it

the Tirkin camp is to be reached through a cave up Rho Oasis

ramyeon

Leeness said:

Dunno how you're missing the ponies, especially when you have the right area. They're hard to miss....

Tirkin HQ is north from the checkpoint/guidepost outside the refugee camp. N/NE and you'll see a cave guarded by some Tirkin.

Leeness

Anasui Kishibe said:
not in the forest, just outside of it

the Tirkin camp is to be reached through a cave up Rho Oasis

Thanks.

I hope I can find them. It's so weird. They just seem to have vanished, haha.

ramyeon said:
Dunno how you're missing the ponies, especially when you have the right area. They're hard to miss....

I know right? Haha. Seriously, I'm just as puzzled, cause I know I'm in the right area, but all I see are Ardun groups.

I'm starting to think I'm blind or something.

Question about high lvl monsters. 100+ ones. How would you hit them? once I see red monsters I always miss. Is there a gem or something?
Should be noted last time I attacked a red monster was when I was lvl 77 trying to kill a lvl84. I'm 87 atm.

Gvaz

Banned
MatthewB92 said:
Question about high lvl monsters. 100+ ones. How would you hit them? once I see red monsters I always miss. Is there a gem or something?
Should be noted last time I attacked a red monster was when I was lvl 77 trying to kill a lvl84. I'm 87 atm.
Stack agility skills/armor/gems.

I'm not sure if toppling makes the chance to dodge 0% or not but imo it should.

Anyways about the super bosses, you pretty much have to game the system to even kill them. Topple locking is a must.

Codeblue

RPGCrazied said:
:lol, okay. The side quests are taking up all my time. Almost at 25hours, just entered Makna Forest, but decided to go back to questing.

Holy God, dude. If that hour count is real, then almost half the total time that has passed since you got the game has been spent playing it. If you got the game at noon on Tuesday that would make it 25 of the last 53 hours. You certainly do live up to your name.

Don't forget to exercise and junk.

Gvaz

Banned
I'm about 68 hours in and I'm still in CF :(

edit lmao at this old neogaf comment

Unknown Soldier said:
It looks like Shadow of the Colossus and 2 Colossi are fighting, once of them has a stone claymore and the other has a lightsaber. :lol

If the music isn't Yuki Kajiura (and it sure doesn't sound much like it), then I'll go back to sleeping in my chair. Sorry, I was never into Xenogears/Xenosaga and if I want to go back in time to PS2 RPG graphics, my PS2 is sitting right there by my PS3 and I can pop a SMT title in whenever I want. :lol

And people were saying the music was generic lmao

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Codeblue said:
Holy God, dude. If that hour count is real, then almost half the total time that has passed since you got the game has been spent playing it. If you got the game at noon on Tuesday that would make it 25 of the last 53 hours. You certainly do live up to your name.

Don't forget to exercise and junk.

haha.. I did that when pokemon black came out.. I had a 1:1 ratio of playing to not playing for like the first 2 weeks ;_;

Gvaz

Banned
medium_3589223211_7189672d2b_o.jpg

Old version of Gaur Plains?

duckroll said:
THE ONLY CONNECTION THAT MATTERS IS WHEN THE GAME SOFTLY AND GENTLY PENETRATES ME FROM BEHIND AND I LIKE THE WARM FUZZY FEELING OF LOVE! :O

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I just want to hug the entire team who made this game. I can't speak enough on how entirely fuckawesome this thing is. God, I love this game.

Top Bottom