• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

is there a guide somewhere who tells you how you should level up your arts? i always feel better when i know i don't level up things that are bad. i don't even know which gems i should equip, i gave shulk strength + since he's my main damage dealer and i gave reyn hp+ since he's the tank but i have no idea what the healer lady should get, i guess boosting her ether so she heals more? the one on gamefaqs is confusing.

i'm really sorry that i ask so many questions in this thread :lol

Wichu

SlipperySlope said:
reckless godwin - how the fuck do I beat him at level 31? I just don't get it, he's so hard.
That's the igna in Exile Fortress, right? I lured out his soldiers and dealt with them first, so I could fight him one (well, three) on one. I had to run away briefly in the middle of the fight as I was about to die; I got back to him before all his health regenerated though, and managed to finish him off.

mclem

SlipperySlope said:
Sharla's cooling off - How the FUCK do I prevent this? I can't have a healer go out of commission for 15 minutes :)

Er, 15 minutes? Doesn't she just have to use her Talent Art?

mclem

What're the orange and blue small numbers that pop up during combat? I'd assume one is spike damage. Is the other spike damage done by my guys on them? Or something else?

Gvaz said:
Just finished
Agniratha

shit-just-got-real.jpg

I got to there a fortnight ago and then just lost all motivation to continue. No idea why.

xandaca

Just started playing this as my first ever JPRG. I took Shulk out on his own for a bit, and promptly got savaged by a Little Bunnit. A Little Bunnit. One of my more shameful moments in gaming, and that's saying something.

SlipperySlope said:
reckless godwin - how the fuck do I beat him at level 31? I just don't get it, he's so hard.

I couldn't even beat him at 34. Now that I'm 45 I'ma gonna step in and engage a super brawl with all the Ignias in that room. Should be good

also, Riki for the win. Man, I adore him

Buttons

My game finally arrived this week and I've been having tons of fun. I'm roughly 20 hours into the game now and
at those marshlands, just met those Nopon who asked me to save their friend that was kidnapped by those lizard things.

Storyline keeps getting more interesting as well, am looking forward to what's to come.

LPC

Banned
Hiltz said:
Thanks for the tip. I'll try doing that next time.

Yeah, that particular monster has been a bitch to find. From what I have read, the monster is apparently
slightly east of Ek's Watering Hole. I even checked out this drawn map of Makna Forest, pointing out the monster's targeted area but he still wasn't there. http://gbatemp.net/t307208-xenoblade-chronicles-unique-monster-location-full-map

Woooo, thanks guy, finally got it! It's very hard to tell the difference between normal weather condition and very hot weather condition, even if you know there's is a difference. Not so simple to see it at first, but finally killed him! Thanks a lot!

Salih

Finally finished this masterpiece. definitely one of my favourite JRPGs of all-time.
It took me more than 100 hours and i didn't do everything. i really loved this game but i am happy it is over now. Xenoblade took way too much of my free time *lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JumpingTheGun said:
you really have been playing this in one of the most bizarre ways Ive seen. RPG Crazy indeed.

Where the hell is Three Sage Summit on Valak?

Start at the beginning of the zone, take the second under path on the right (you need the magma stone to open, follow the trailer that doesn't lead to the apis lair, jump off the ice slide with decent timing and climb up the wall.

Also non Sharla healing works fine for most fights in the game, so long as huge aoe damage isn't happening.

Diablos54

JumpingTheGun said:
ok how the flip are you supposed to make that final jump in order to reach the peak? it seems impossible
You have to jump at the very last second, it took me quite a few tries but I got there eventually.

Diablos54 said:
You have to jump at the very last second, it took me quite a few tries but I got there eventually.

Does it depend on who youre playing as? I doubt it does but this is hard as hell...

edit: ok, gonna try the geyser and if that doesnt work Ill use Riki Lake

jgwhiteus

Saiyar said:
Use Riki with some quick step gems.

Yeah, the Quick Step gems really helped on that part - I was using Melia but I still made it. Also, you're aiming for the (climbable) wall, not the platform. By the way, I loved that after you make the jump
you have to make two huge pool dives to return to the map - they serve no purpose whatsoever, they're just mindless fun.

jgwhiteus said:
Yeah, the Quick Step gems really helped on that part - I was using Melia but I still made it. Also, you're aiming for the (climbable) wall, not the platform. By the way, I loved that after you make the jump
you have to make two huge pool dives to return to the map - they serve no purpose whatsoever, they're just mindless fun.

I dont get it. What climbable wall? Im taking that second huge chasm jump and im landing in the highest pool of water directly under that super high platform. theres nothing to climb when i land in that pool of water

Gvaz

Banned
iamaustrian said:
No matter how I dress Shulk, he always looks like a wussie clown.
any badass armour for him?
It's called Taurus armor, can you see why? (this is a complete set)

sx4p01-25mk6n.jpg

I blurred out a word

JumpingTheGun said:
I dont get it. What climbable wall? Im taking that second huge chasm jump and im landing in the highest pool of water directly under that super high platform. theres nothing to climb when i land in that pool of water

At the very last second, press the jump button and hold forward on the control stick or w/e you use for movement. You will grab the wall above the water you're talking about.

daakusedo

Do we know how long the game was in development and how much it cost?
I really don't know if monolith will be able to do a massive game like this on wiiu.

MicH

Gvaz said:
It's called Taurus armor, can you see why? (this is a complete set)

http://www.abload.de/img/sx4p01-25mk6n.jpg[IMG]

I blurred out a word[/QUOTE]
Iron Man.. is that you?

[spoiler]So awesome[/spoiler]

jesus i just made it out of sheer fucking luck. that was tough.

edit: does anyone know where to find the Nopon named Kaleka for the "Starlight Gazer" sidequest?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JumpingTheGun said:
jesus i just made it out of sheer fucking luck. that was tough.

edit: does anyone know where to find the Nopon named Kaleka for the "Starlight Gazer" sidequest?

Near the imperial palace around midnight, somewhere on the upper deck.

RPGCrazied

That armor looks like the empress set. How do you get that?

I'm 34hours and just reached the palace. Damn this place just gave me like 30quests, no lie.

Gvaz

Banned
Some sets are just recolors. I got that one later in the game, like I'm literally at the point where I found a lvl 75 mob and the color is gold :V

Yay, I already defeated two of the
level 99+
enemies (
Final Marcus and Despotic Arsene
). But seems that the remaining three are far more difficult, so I'll have to change the strategy.

By the way, there isn't any gif of Riki's dance? It's pretty awesome :p

The story gets SOO good at (minor spoiler)
Eyrthsea.

It's so funny how you can see all the little Xenogears and Xenosaga influences in this game.

Ex:
-
Juju in a Jesus on cross position when fighting Metal Face
-Break and downing enemies
-Chuchu (Dopon)
-The shift between camera directed cinematics to in-game dialog box scenes
-
People's souls in giant robots/people in robots
-
Alvis, who is, at this point, a lot like chaos

It truly is a spiritual successor of sorts.

Xenoblade is definitely Monolithsoft's most well-rounded game, if not necessarily my favorite one, yet. (I really loved Xenogears, Xenosaga Episode I and III).

What's amazing is how the 470 whatever quests aren't all just completely throwaway monster hunts/collectathons. They have effects beyond their completion with relationships and other things.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Franchuzas87 said:
level 99+
enemies (
). But seems that the remaining three are far more difficult, so I'll have to change the strategy.

Topple VI gems. Lots of topple VI gems. Plus as much extra chain damage and chance for chain link as you can get, and full agility.

Honestly though the rabbit is probably the one I had the hardest time with.

Yuterald

Mr. Wonderful said:
The story gets SOO good at (minor spoiler)
Eyrthsea.

It's so funny how you can see all the little Xenogears and Xenosaga influences in this game.

Ex:
-
Juju in a Jesus on cross position when fighting Metal Face
-Break and downing enemies
-Chuchu (Dopon)
-The shift between camera directed cinematics to in-game dialog box scenes
-
People's souls in giant robots/people in robots
-
Alvis, who is, at this point, a lot like chaos

It truly is a spiritual successor of sorts.

Xenoblade is definitely Monolithsoft's most well-rounded game, if not necessarily my favorite one, yet. (I really loved Xenogears, Xenosaga Episode I and III).

What's amazing is how the 470 whatever quests aren't all just completely throwaway monster hunts/collectathons. They have effects beyond their completion with relationships and other things.

I completely agree with this. This is exactly how I would describe the game too. I said it earlier in this thread, but if there was ever a doubt that this was a Xeno game the halfway point scenes/revelations at
Prison Island
would have convinced you otherwise. Such a fucking awesome game.

XPE

Just completed the it, excellent excellent game, normally I don’t like JRPG's, normally because of the combat, characters and story but Xenoblade manages to avoid most of these pitfall.

Easily up there as one of the best games of this gen, its just nice to buy a game that has a good journey in it =D

Man God said:
Topple VI gems. Lots of topple VI gems. Plus as much extra chain damage and chance for chain link as you can get, and full agility.

Despotic Arsene? That one is very easy if you know how.
Dunban has a an Art called Demon Slayer. Its properties and that unique being in close contact with low leveled enemies make it the easiest of the bunch. All you need is a few seconds set up and provided you have the Topple Up gems on and keep applying topple (extending its duration); you're set.
. I can see how its a rough time without doing that though.

MechaX said:
I'm running out of space for materials. Should I just start selling the cheaper ones?
Yes, unless it has a ! or ! by its Icon. In the case of the latter, you'll know how much more you need while the former is well...hope you paid attention
to the vision you got "where they're like this is the last on of these, that makes 3, *NPC name* will be so pappy" as the only other way to know how many you need is to start the quest that requires them

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Starwolf_UK said:
Despotic Arsene? That one is very easy if you know how.
Dunban has a an Art called Demon Slayer. Its properties and that unique being in close contact with low leveled enemies make it the easiest of the bunch. All you need is a few seconds set up and provided you have the Topple Up gems on and keep applying topple (extending its duration); you're set.
. I can see how its a rough time without doing that though.

That's what I had worked out. Without it he's the guy with the highest agility and therefore the most likely to dodge. I usually won with Riki, Shulk, and Dunban just by sheer force of Party Gauge.

Fomalhaut

Neo Member
Franchuzas87 said:
level 99+
enemies (

1991434idic.gif

Riki like dancing!

Man God said:

The fight with the rabbit was easy for me, but pretty long (like 15 minutes). He dodged most of my attacks, but he did little damage to me, so I could kill him with patience. The others beat me within one or two minutes, so it's clear that the same strategy doesn't work xD

I'll try changing gems and maybe some party member.

If I'm understanding this correctly, by reducing the weight of equipment it eliminates the agility penalty for heavier stuff? By skill linking I can reduce weight by 20, I'm assuming that's just directly taken from my equipment weight.

Hiltz

JumpingTheGun said:
does anyone know the best place to find or at least who trades Forget-You-Nots?

I have found them in a few places but they are rare so you probably have to find them during the night. At
Colony 6 Reconstruction site
warp point, there are two blue orbs next to the porch of a shack near some npcs next to
Juju
. Also I found a Forget-You-Not at
Satorl Marsh's Crown Tree
warp point. Climb up the vines of the tree and cross over the branch at the top, then look nearby for a makeshift stone or log bridge with two Igna lizard warriors walking on it. There's a blue orb on the bridge that can be a Forget-You-Not. Lastly, you can find a Forget-You-Not in
Satorl Marsh if you go east of the Satoral Statues
area and walk to the first bend of the river you come to. Again, try finding this particular item during the night.

Top Bottom