• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

McNum

MicH said:
Oh god, this boss battle is driving me insane! Lategame location + boss spoilers (lvl 60)

How the hell am I supposed to beat that damn faced mechon / Gadolt? He keeps spamming jost laser things that kills me from afar and those damn minion mechon keeps respawning and overwhelming me. Any tips??
I got a tip, but I hope you've been upgrading your
Monado Shield. The Laser is a Talent Art, you can tell form its roman numeral. You usually get a vision that he's about to fire, so Shield up. If your Shield isn't high enough level to take the blast, you'll have to run from cover to cover and lure the enemies in. Order your party to follow you if you have to.

MicH

McNum said:
I got a tip, but I hope you've been upgrading your
Monado Shield. The Laser is a Talent Art, you can tell form its roman numeral. You usually get a vision that he's about to fire, so Shield up. If your Shield isn't high enough level to take the blast, you'll have to run from cover to cover and lure the enemies in. Order your party to follow you if you have to.
My Monado art is not charged so I can use shield. Do I have to take out some minions to charge it up? Also the walls didn't cover the laser attack when I tried him last time. Is it supposed to? Maybe I just did something wrong. Hm. I guess I'll try again.

verbatimo

About 8h ingame, and just reached Gaur Plain.

Um...........Wow!

Then I got attacked some wolf-type creatures and fighting went quite well, until suddenly L86 beast giant joined the party. Man this game is so awesome.

McNum

MicH said:
My Monado art is not charged so I can use shield. Do I have to take out some minions to charge it up? Also the walls didn't cover the laser attack when I tried him last time. Is it supposed to? Maybe I just did something wrong. Hm. I guess I'll try again.
The minions are there to charge up the Monado. Also, use Battle Soul in a pinch to get more charge. Do not charge at the boss, he'll kill you. Only move out of cover with a full Monado charge to be safe. He's almost a pushover when you get to him.

MicH

Thanks, I managed to beat him after all.

Lategame location spoiler (lvl 62)
I hate hate hate Mechonis Field and Factory and its retarded quests. Urgh. So annoying. Also the lack of landmarks make me sad. Urgh hate this place.

Zafir

MicH said:
Thanks, I managed to beat him after all.

Lategame location spoiler (lvl 62)
I hate hate hate Mechonis Field and Factory and its retarded quests. Urgh. So annoying. Also the lack of landmarks make me sad. Urgh hate this place.
You mean where you have to keep going back and forth pressing god damned buttons?

I hated it too. I'm still in it I think on my save. Haven't played XB in a week or so. What also annoyed me was the gigantic monsters moving around and knocking you off the edge of the platform. I had it happen twice, and thanks to the lack of checkpoints I had to spend a good 5 mins getting back to where I was.

Gambit

Finally had time to play again and got party member 5 and 6. I am now controlling number 6 on her own for the first time.
So I am in Alcamoth and have just overheard someone talking about the "second consort's daughter". It seems the story is about to really start.

I had a fantastic time. Each new area is another sight to behold. It doesn's matter if it's night or day, raining or thundering. It's always impressive and makes me want to keep going. I don't think I have ever seen a game with better environments. And I have't even started talking about the music yet. Honestly this game is not just great. It's very rapidly approaching the level of Chrono Trigger etc. Instant-classic!

Gvaz

Banned
Anyone else right near the end?

I was wondering if there was a point to collecting all the different (close to endgame/endgame spoilers)
monados? I mean, I'm gonna do it anyways but It would be cool if making all the extra monados was a prereq to a Super Monado and not just the Monado lvl3 you get right at the end :|

I've encountered several areas which I can't reach.
like that higher up aether crystal place in the tephra cave.
I tried to jump up there but it didn't work at all.

how to get up there?

Gvaz

Banned
iamaustrian said:
I've encountered several areas which I can't reach.
like that higher up aether crystal place in the tephra cave.
I tried to jump up there but it didn't work at all.

how to get up there?
You don't. It's an endgame area up there.

just finished the
battle at Prison Island

cena_whistling_gif.gif

MicH

Lategame spoilers (lvl 64)
So I FINALLY got out of the Mechonis Field and Factory only to find out that Agrigatha (??) has the same stupid quests where I have to activate a million things before I can get to where I want :( I loathe those type og "challenges". At least the story segment was cool.

Go_Ly_Dow

Ah fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Need help against one of the final bosses (I assume).

End area spoilers:

Disciple Lorithia in the Bionis Heart. The boss is level 75 and my party is level 77 so I think I'm strong enough. My attacks hardly cause any damage against her. Then she summons those orbs which heal her (I think they do).

My party for this fight is Shulk - Dunban - Sharla. I can stay alive for a long while but I just cant damage her enough. The orbs are also very resistant against my attacks.

After 15mins of solid fighting I only managed to take away 1/4 of her HP....

Any tips?

M_Night said:
Ah fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

End area spoilers:

Disciple Lorithia in the Bionis Heart. The boss is level 75 and my party is level 77 so I think I'm strong enough. My attacks hardly cause any damage against her. Then she summons those orbs which heal her (I think they do).

My party for this fight is Shulk - Dunban - Sharla. I can stay alive for a long while but I just cant damage her enough. The orbs are also very resistant against my attacks.

Any tips?
Go grind and lvl up more I guess. What I did.

Gvaz

Banned
M_Night said:
Ah fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

End area spoilers:

Any tips?

You need to purge her with shulk's monado art, for obvious reasons. I was a lower level than you and had no issues.

Don't bother with the orbs, also
Shulk/Dunban/Melia
is the best group

Afrocious

Level 70+ spoilers over here. Black text up in this joint!

So I'm back on Bionis about to chase Zanza and his 'trinity' through the Bionis' Interior. Vanea gave me a bunch of sidequests to get more Replica Monados. Are they worth it? Also, assume I haven't done much sidequesting at all - which ones should I do? I've done some and I gotta say it was fun, but I feel like I passed up some great opportunities since I imagine a lot were timed. I did do all of Agniratha's

I haven't gotten any extra skill trees for any characters, so that's one thing I'd like to do. Shulk has one more Monado ability to obtain, but I have no idea if it's a story-related one or another I can find with a sidequest like Armo(u)r. Where can I find these extra ones?

And here's a question I've been dying to ask. What are some optimal equipment, gem, and party setups for each character? I feel like every character is useful somehow. I feel like I underrate Riki a lot despite his godly HP.

Afrocious

xtrasauce said:
On
Hovering Reef 4
in Ery
th Sea
, the map lists a shop but I can't actually find it.

supwiddat?

If that's the place with the
lighthouse
then I think the shop as at the top.

Aaaaah... makes sense. Will look into it later, I'm back at
Makna Forest
now.

I advanced to the
Mechon Factory
, but I don't want the game to end so I'm just farming affinity between chars right now.

XPE

M_Night said:
Ah fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

End area spoilers:

Any tips?

I had problems with this boss as well, the only time I used
Shulk/sharla/Melia
for a boss, I just level up cyclone and use it to keep the orbs at bay while ever one else laid into the boss

Hiltz

xtrasauce said:
On
Hovering Reef 4
in Ery
th Sea
, the map lists a shop but I can't actually find it.

supwiddat?

The shop is in the
reef 4 lighthouse on the second floor that you have to get to by using the teleport device inside. However, the npc won't actually open up his shop until later on in the game. You either have to complete more quests or more likely, have to make more progress with the story before he allows you to buy stuff from him. By the way, you'll want to go check back there anyway because there will be around 1-2 more quests in that location. Fortunately, one of them is very easy to do.

Thanks Hiltz

Man God said:
Weak weapons.

As much haste and double attack as you can find.

Find an elemental with a debuff as a counterattack. The ones in the lava cave are best as they do strength down. Let your characters swing at him, debuffing them. Then when their head lowers, press b. Insta 2 hearts. Depending on how strong your mans are, you can get 60 hearts a fight with two different characters. If you're really strong you can do this on the unique elemental there for a couple of hundred hearts a go.

Where can I find that lava cave you speak of?

Parley

Banned
Just got the game in the mail on friday and I love it. I know this has been said many times but I just want to say how much of a mistake it is the NoA hasn't brought this over to the states.

I am about 10 hours in, the combat is great but sometimes I feel over leveled from doing the sidequests. It is a small complaint but this is my favorite console RPG since FFXII.

If anybody is considering getting this game, do yourself a favor and get it and support the developers. Games like this need to continue to get made.

Can someone let me know where I can find Eleqa in the
Mechonis Village on the Fallen Arm? Ive completed the "Protecting the Village" quest but now I cant find her.

edit: nevermind. found her. crafty bitch. =P

Am I missing something, or do I have to travel all the way back to Colony 9 to gem craft until later in the game? I just got to Frontier Village, still haven't stumbled on to another crafter.

Sub question, is there a way to quick travel from Frontier Village directly to Colony 9, or do I have to keep hop scotching travel point to travel point?

Sadist

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
Am I missing something, or do I have to travel all the way back to Colony 9 to gem craft until later in the game? I just got to Frontier Village, still haven't stumbled on to another crafter.

Sub question, is there a way to quick travel from Frontier Village directly to Colony 9, or do I have to keep hop scotching travel point to travel point?
Go to the menu, go to maps, choose Colony 9, click on Gem Man's Stall landmark et voila

Hiltz

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:

You have to fully upgrade
Colony 6 Reconstruction to level 1. Then go back to the Gem Man in Colony 9 and you'll receive a portable gem crafting machine that you can use by clicking on the inventory icon and selecting the middle icon tab.

SpokkX

M_Night said:
Ah fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

End area spoilers:

Any tips?

I also have issues with this battle.
Even with Purge I only do about 300-400 damage per hit. Barely move her health bar. I am level 72 and using Shulk, Dunban, Sharla. Any tips? How do I damage her?

Zornica

Banned
SpokkX said:
I also have issues with this battle.
Even with Purge I only do about 300-400 damage per hit. Barely move her health bar. I am level 72 and using Shulk, Dunban, Sharla. Any tips? How do I damage her?

use melia and that boss will go down faster than you can imagine.
I beat it under 2 minutes, even without killing it's little helpers.

SpokkX

Zornica said:
use melia and that boss will go down faster than you can imagine.
I beat it under 2 minutes, even without killing it's little helpers.
I find her useless, how do i use her effectivly?

Re: That boss battle
Disciple... . I had Riki in my party AI controlled. I assume he slapped on Feeze, Burning, Poison, Bleed as that would do a good amount of damage too

Afrocious said:
Level 70+ spoilers over here. Black text up in this joint!

So I'm back on Bionis about to chase Zanza and his 'trinity' through the Bionis' Interior. Vanea gave me a bunch of sidequests to get more Replica Monados. Are they worth it? Also, assume I haven't done much sidequesting at all - which ones should I do? I've done some and I gotta say it was fun, but I feel like I passed up some great opportunities since I imagine a lot were timed. I did do all of Agniratha's

I haven't gotten any extra skill trees for any characters, so that's one thing I'd like to do. Shulk has one more Monado ability to obtain, but I have no idea if it's a story-related one or another I can find with a sidequest like Armo(u)r. Where can I find these extra ones?

And here's a question I've been dying to ask. What are some optimal equipment, gem, and party setups for each character? I feel like every character is useful somehow. I feel like I underrate Riki a lot despite his godly HP.
I'll be a little brief

If you ask me Monado Rudra (from the first quest) is the one worth going for (its attack power is 970-999 rather than 831-999 of the Replica you currently have; thats it only advantage) but remember going for any of them will probably put you at a level that the final boss is much easier (or maybe too easy if you're like me and did nearly all the postgame quests before...). Quests are up to you. You might get fed up of them. The major one you missed which I like is the Red Pollen one. Most the new quests that have opened up require postgame levels to finish.

4th and 5th skilltrees require you to have kept up doing quests (you need high affinity with an area and certain quests beaten for nearly all of them). I'm guessing Monado Eater is the one you are missing as that was sidequest related. It inflicts bleed and removes enemy buffs but I don't like how its *select art* "Monado..." *3 seconds* "...Eater"

Thats a bit of a personal one. But generally I made sure party members had Physical Protect and Ether Protect, Agility up and my lead member had quick step too, any other slots for character related stuff (e.g. Ether Up for Melia and Sharla). On weapons Double Attack, Haste. Exceptions were Melia and Fiora who I put the lightning damage boost gems onto (for even stronger Summon Bolt, Mind Blast, Final Cross) and Riki which I went with boosting his Bleed, Freeze, Burning, Poison damage as using the arts to inflict those and their persisting effects is his main source of damage. There are situations where you might want other gems though.

Zornica

Banned
SpokkX said:
I find her useless, how do i use her effectivly?

here is what you need to do / what I did:

at first you have to play melia yourself, the KI wont be of much help.
get the lightning strike art as high as possible, wind strike too (dont know the exact names of those spells in the english version). get some electric Plus gems in her weapon (+100% lightning dmg) and maybe a topple plus gem.
in fight use the wind spell first (it will give you and your group an agi bonus) and then cast lightning and nuke that bitch.
use spearbreak + starlightknee to throw it down to the ground. (i think it worked on that boss, but i am not sure.
you can use fire+ice to do some damage over time, but I always stuck with lightning + wind and the art which lets you use your last spell again.

if you cast a spell, melia will summon a little floating ball which hovers above her head at first. this will give you a boost in agi/ether/str or whatever the spell does. the middle button fires them at the enemy. you will loose the buff when doing this. remember: she will fire here floating balls in reverse, so make sure to cast wind first to keep the agility the longest.

there is a spell called mind blast, its not always available, but it can also be very usefull against this boss.

last but not least: if your teammates run into the acis pools surrounding the room and starting to take area damage immediately call them back ( Z + down on remote, don't know how on CC)

good luck

Gvaz

Banned
Yeah
Melia is pretty much the strongest character but only if you controll her yourself. I've been doing that for ages and it's great. Who needs Sharla if you kill shit in a heartbeat :V

guek

Banned
guek said:
Hey guys, so my game is acting up. I'm about 14hrs in and just
defeated the guardian. During the cutscene after i get to bionis' trachea/mouth, it'll reboot the game no matter what I do.

Any suggestions?

reposting cuz it's still not working :-(

Starwolf_UK said:
So your problem is the game reboots during a cutscene, I know you said no matter what I do but still. You can skip cutscenes. + button pauses then follow the on-screen instructions.

Apart from that, tried cleaning the disc?

Yup, tried skipping the cutscene. It just reboots my wii.

RPGCrazied

40hours, lvl 41, just did the Tomb part of the story. That place was a breeze, many people said that place was bad. I didn't have trouble. I guess I was overleveled.

Bullza2o

I just reached 100 hours, and damn this game kept becoming more epic! I'm level 70 right now probably almost done with the game. Now that college is starting again I am forced to stop, unfortunately. I'll miss playing this game for the week until I go back home on Friday :(

Top Bottom