• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

ivysaur12

Banned
Oh my god... Colony 9... It's like Clock Town (though bigger with more people and less detailed quests, but still).

This game. THIS GAME.

And I just reversed the cover-art. I'm so happy that this is doing well sales wise (or at least, better than expected).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ivysaur12 said:
Oh my god... Colony 9... It's like Clock Town (though bigger with more people and less detailed quests, but still).

This game. THIS GAME.

And I just reversed the cover-art. I'm so happy that this is doing well sales wise (or at least, better than expected).

The fully completed quest affinity chart for the whole game is a thing of beauty to behold.

wsippel

Banned
ElTopo said:
(Spoilers for the entire game)
Well...it's backstory of the world. Isn't it pretty much solely mentioned in the sidequests ? But indeed it doesn't lead anywhere, just interesting background information.
Yes, it's just sidequests. I'm not disappointed or anything, but it really seemed way too elaborate to simply fizzle out, which is pretty much what happened. Unless I've missed something, which is why I asked.

ivysaur12 said:
Fuck, I'm at level 6 and I just
got to the Monado.

Too many quests?
It depends. If doing too many quests is dampening your fun, then stop doing every single one. Most of the quests in the game aren't time-dependent, so if you don't like being overleveled then play through the game normally. Xenoblade is really forgiving when you're fighting enemies of the same level (or even a few levels higher), so take it at the pace you want to take it.

ivysaur12

Banned
It's too bad many gamers will never get to experience this because 1) it was only released in PAL-land and Japan and 2) it's on the Wii...

Same how all of PAL-land never got Baten Kaitos Origins.

Heart-to-hearts are like Tales of... skits, but more personal. Hmm. Wow.

ivysaur12

Banned
Is there anyway to set the arrow at the top of the screen to where ever I'm trying to go for my quest, or is it always for the next story part?

dacuk

ivysaur12 said:

This game. THIS GAME.

I would like more info about this game sales....

Still waiting for my GAME copy...I hope it doesn't take that long.

Kinda bored.

Shipped the 21st....damn importing man. Amazon getting me shit day 1 has me spoiled.

XPE

One of the best games of the year, pity it will not win any goty awards because it wasn’t released in the states.

sublimit

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
Is there anyway to set the arrow at the top of the screen to where ever I'm trying to go for my quest, or is it always for the next story part?
It always shows the next story part.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm in the first caves, and god dammit. I'm almost at level 9, but I can't beat these stupid worms. The big one's at level 10, but it's killing me.

ivysaur12 said:
I'm in the first caves, and god dammit. I'm almost at level 9, but I can't beat these stupid worms. The big one's at level 10, but it's killing me.
You can avoid it by taking the alternative passage
Go back and fight it a bit later :)

Hiltz

Lvl 72
180 hours
Central Factory

- Got my ass kicked by a gigantic unique lvl 60/ 65
Mechon
. Went back to level up only to find that the monster was replaced by a lvl 70 one! It was slightly easier to beat but still proved to be the toughest battle so far due to numerous vision attacks. Had to play as Sharla in order to keep the party alive but it knocked out
Fiora halfway through the battle.

- Upgraded parts of
Colony 6 housing to level 5
and did a few quests there and invited a few more npc characters.

ivysaur12

Banned
The cinematic after the Mechon attack (lv 12)
Colony 9 where Fiora dies
is classic Takahashi. Amazingly choreographic, emotional, and game changing.

Wow.

ivysaur12 said:
The cinematic after the Mechon attack (lv 12)
Colony 9 where Fiora dies
is classic Takahashi. Amazingly choreographic, emotional, and game changing.

Wow.

You've got a whole load of amazing cinematics to come :D

Leeness

Okay, I think it's finally time to stop trucking through the story and do some side quests.

Level 65
Arignathia (I think that's it)
and I just got a boatload of quests there, and I still have a boatload to do in Alcamoth, so time to do some of those.

MicH said:
Lol, I can't believe that I, after six weeks, still haven't received the game or a refund from game. They've ignored my e-mails for the last week despite they asked me to contact them at the 19th. Fuck you GAME.
For what little it's worth, it was about 5 weeks before mine arrived from GAME.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hiltz said:
Lvl 72
180 hours
Central Factory

*scratches head*

I honestly cannot for the life of me figure out how the hell can you spend an upwards of 180 hours up to the point on what I assume as your first playthrough.

I mean, my first playthrough was 109 hours with level 80 characters and now I am at the same point as you in 63-65 hours of gameplay in the second walkthrough.

I mean... 180 hours?

*scratches head*

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Laughing Banana said:
*scratches head*

I honestly cannot for the life of me figure out how the hell can you spend an upwards of 180 hours up to the point on what I assume as your first playthrough.

I mean, my first playthrough was 109 hours with level 80 characters and now I am at the same point as you in 63-65 hours of gameplay in the second walkthrough.

I mean... 180 hours?

*scratches head*

Must like exploring. My Clear save with everything done (and I mean everything, all skills maxed, all arts filled up to ten, all the best gems for everyone, every monster I could find killed, every quest done.) only made it to 165 something.

Leeness

Also, just want to touch on some story points where I am. Again, level 65ish
in Arignathia

Okay, just want to make sure... Lady Meyneth is the soul of Mechonis, living in Fiora now, etc. They put her soul into Fiora to basically make sure that the person "leading" Mechonis' soul loves the person with the Monado so they won't end up fighting each other. Basically.

I just want to ask about Zanza. Is he the soul of Bionis, or was he just something living on Bionis with immense power/making the Monado? cause he's (obviously) shown up as a giant, and also, I'm assuming, he was what was powering Bionis in the fight against Mechonis. Does/did Meyneth have a body of her own or was she always just a ~soul~? Did I miss her in some of those flashbacks?

Also, why is Zanza the only asshole in the world? lol. Mechonis loves everyone, Bionis loves everyone, Meyneth loves everyone. It's just Zanza that has to be a dick and ruin everything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Leeness said:
in Arignathia

Okay, just want to make sure... Lady Meyneth is the soul of Mechonis, living in Fiora now, etc. They put her soul into Fiora to basically make sure that the person "leading" Mechonis' soul loves the person with the Monado so they won't end up fighting each other. Basically.

I just want to ask about Zanza. Is he the soul of Bionis, or was he just something living on Bionis with immense power/making the Monado? cause he's (obviously) shown up as a giant, and also, I'm assuming, he was what was powering Bionis in the fight against Mechonis. Does/did Meyneth have a body of her own or was she always just a ~soul~? Did I miss her in some of those flashbacks?

Also, why is Zanza the only asshole in the world? lol. Mechonis loves everyone, Bionis loves everyone, Meyneth loves everyone. It's just Zanza that has to be a dick and ruin everything.

Keep playing, it'll make sense soonish.

Leeness

Man God said:
Keep playing, it'll make sense soonish.

But...but it's sidequest time now. Don't tempt me. :(

And I know that
a bunch of quests will get locked out after I go confront Egil, so... gotta do them now before I power through

Diffense

Leeness said:
in Arignathia

He,
Zanza
, is the
soul of the Bionis
I don't want to say much more unless you want to the spoiled.
Many things will become clearer real soon!

Leeness

Diffense said:
He,
Zanza
, is the
soul of the Bionis
I don't want to say much more unless you want to the spoiled.
Many things will become clearer real soon!

Yeah, I've seen some spoilers in passing, so I don't want to know anything else!

Thanks for clearing that up, though. I just wasn't sure because
he had a physical form and I wasn't sure if I had seen Meyneth's before/yet/ever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Leeness said:
Yeah, I've seen some spoilers in passing, so I don't want to know anything else!

he had a physical form and I wasn't sure if I had seen Meyneth's before/yet/ever.

Umm, you sure have. They point it out the minute you get to it.

jercruz

Regarding the intro screen, (and end game spoilers)

if you compared it to your case cover thats pretty much a big hint of whats to come.

Leeness

Man God said:
Umm, you sure have. They point it out the minute you get to it.

Dang, I missed it then D:

Gonna go refind that cutscene. Probably mistook her for (character)
Vanea or another Machina

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Leeness said:
Dang, I missed it then D:

Gonna go refind that cutscene. Probably mistook her for (character)
Vanea or another Machina

Look around for various landmarks in
Agniratha
, you can't miss it.

Diffense

Leeness said:

Yeah, it can be a little puzzling when the game starts throwing all these different characters at you.
Then you're trying to figure out where everyone fits in without information from future cutscenes.

Leeness

Man God said:
Look around for various landmarks in
Agniratha
, you can't miss it.

Oh, well I know that there's a shrine. :p

Diffense said:
Yeah, it can be a little puzzling when the game starts throwing all these different characters at you.
Then you're trying to figure out where everyone fits in without information from future cutscenes.

It's really well done, though. It's not really confusing, just that one bit and I just wanted to make sure, haha.

Very impressed with the writing in this game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Leeness said:
in Arignathia

I do not think
they're putting Meyneth's soul in Fiora with the thought that "the person "Mechonis'" soul loves the person with the Monado so that they won't end up fighting each other." Regardless of who is the new vessel for her soul, Meyneth still does not want to fight with Zanza since she's pretty much already accepting that she is a presence that is no longer needed by her creations.
The fact that
Fiora loves Shulk is just a mere coincidence
I would assume.

If you haven't reach the end parts of the game, the following might be considered spoiler:

Zanza *is* Bionis. He is not a giant, he is an entity possessing the body of a dead giant, just like Shulk is actually just a mere shell inhabited by Zanza's life force. That is why he is still 'alive' when the Giant's body got impaled by the spear during the end of the 1st Prison Island visit.

Diffense

Leeness said:
It's really well done, though. It's not really confusing, just that one bit and I just wanted to make sure, haha.

Very impressed with the writing in this game.

Yeah, it's not badly written.
It's just that there's a ton of loose ends all the time.
So you're always torn between charging ahead with the story to get your answers and doing sidequests etc.

Diffense

Laughing Banana said:
If you haven't reach the end parts of the game, the following might be considered spoiler:

Zanza *is* Bionis. He is not a giant, he is an entity possessing the body of a dead giant, just like Shulk is actually just a mere shell inhabited by Zanza's life force. That is why he is still 'alive' when the Giant's body got impaled by the spear during the end of the 1st Prison Island visit.

This is DEFINITELY a spoiler for where he is.

On the other point:

Actually, Vanea did say that Meyneth chose Fiora because she was near to Shulk.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Speaking of which, the disconnect between the sidequests and the main quests is quite funny, yeah. I mean, "Hurry up that person is in great danger and the world might explode if you are not moving in haste!" and yet, "Wait, we want to help play matchmaking first." "Wait, we want to help that guy find that lost item first". "Wait we want to bash a couple of monsters first."

Pretty funny.

Diffense said:
This is DEFINITELY a spoiler for where he is.

Hahah yeah that's why I put the precaution there.

Leeness

Laughing Banana said:
I do not think
they're putting Meyneth's soul in Fiora with the thought that "the person "Mechonis'" soul loves the person with the Monado so that they won't end up fighting each other." Regardless of who is the new vessel for her soul, Meyneth still does not want to fight with Zanza since she's pretty much already accepting that she is a presence that is no longer needed by her creations.
The fact that
Fiora loves Shulk is just a mere coincidence
I would assume.

In that cutscene, though...

Didn't Meyneth-Fiora say that they ended up with a person close to Shulk and put Meyneth in there for the purpose of getting the Machina and the wielder of the Monado to stop fighting? Or did they just put her in there and then Meyneth figured out she had someone close to Shulk?

I guess I'll find out everything eventually. :)

Diffuse said:
Yeah, it's not badly written.
It's just that there's a ton of loose ends all the time.
So you're always torn between charging ahead with the story to get your answers and doing sidequests etc.

They're good loose ends though. And yes, now that I'm discussing it, I'm regretting my decision of quest time, haha.

Laughing Banana said:
Hahah yeah that's why I put the precaution there.

I didn't read it. :p Saving for later.

Diffense

Leeness said:
In that cutscene, though...

Didn't Meyneth-Fiora say that they ended up with a person close to Shulk and put Meyneth in there for the purpose of getting the Machina and the wielder of the Monado to stop fighting? Or did they just put her in there and then Meyneth figured out she had someone close to Shulk?

I think you are correct with this.
Apart from what was said, in
Agniratha
there's another reason I feel this was the motive.

Endgame spoilers:
Leeness...don't read :)

Shulk had a strong desire to
escape the future fated by Zanza
The tendency of their creations to do this was the reason Meyneth was leaving the God business.
Since if she were to remain a God they would have to remain in line with the future she predestined for them.
I think she saw this quality in Shulk and thought she could reach him especially
with Fiora as a vessel
He showed how much he had
retained a sense of self when he wouldn't kill the bested Egil even at Zanza's urging

ivysaur12

Banned
Something I *love* about this game:

I'm on the Guar Plains. I
see a cave. Huh? What's that. It's guarded by those birds I hate! And then I go in AND I'M AT THEIR NEST AND THERE'S THEIR FUCKING KING. Now, it's not a quest, but I devote the next 20 minutes to killing every single one of them because of how much I hate them. And it was rewarding.

Leeness

Diffense said:
Endgame spoilers:
Leeness...don't read :)

Stop tempting me!

x4hvly.jpg

Top Bottom