• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

I quit playing FFX exactly at that Seymour boss, couldn't beat it; though I finished the game later starting from scratch.

And if my memory serves my right, that was the last and only jRPG I finished.

Luigiv

SecretMoblin said:
I live in a (very) flat area, so climbing huge structures and looking out for miles is a thrill I don't get to have in real life.
Off topic, but if you want to get that thrill in real life, just go sky diving.

CoolS

Where do I get advanced art books for sharla? Esecially her healing arts, they all only have 4 stages so far. Just reached F
allen Arm
65 hours in.

Wiseblade

NoE said:
How much do you think Xenoblade Chronicles is worth?

:/

CoolS said:
Where do I get advanced art books for sharla? Esecially her healing arts, they all only have 4 stages so far. Just reached F
allen Arm
65 hours in.
You should at least have the intermediate ones by now. I think they were at the Bionis Arm refuge Camp.

CoolS said:
allen Arm
65 hours in.
I can't remember, but is advanced for the 7th stage or the 10th stage?

Check the shops at
the Refugee Camp, Frontier Village and Colony 6
for the books that raise them to the 7th stage.

CoolS

Aveyn Knight said:

Check the shops at
The 7th I think. Will check those out, thanks

Go_Ly_Dow

wazoo said:
Is there any game on ps3 of same caliber ??

Nope :(

VersusXIII could potentially offer something a similar level of scale and awe inspiring environments.

Other then that I just can't wait to see what Monolith bring to the Wii-U.

CoolS

Wiseblade said:
You should at least have the intermediate ones by now. I think they were at the Bionis Arm refuge Camp.

Aveyn Knight said:

Check the shops at

Thanks guys, I somehow didn't buy the ones at the Refugee Camp, even though that's normally the fist thing I do in a new town.

FreeMufasa

SecretMoblin said:
But I wish you could get to the top of those gigantic natural structures that line the edges of Bionis' Leg. The ones that look like they're covered with grass and trees? I'll bet the view from those things is gorgeous, and i was genuinely disappointed when I left the area without finding my way up one of them.

sIGl9l.jpg

Wow, really?

It's not a deal breaker but that was one of the main things I wanted to do =(

SecretMoblin said:
For the most part, yes. I especially love height in video games. I live in a (very) flat area, so climbing huge structures and looking out for miles is a thrill I don't get to have in real life.

But I wish you could get to the top of those gigantic natural structures that line the edges of Bionis' Leg. The ones that look like they're covered with grass and trees? I'll bet the view from those things is gorgeous, and i was genuinely disappointed when I left the area without finding my way up one of them.

sIGl9l.jpg

That will be an extra area in the Wii U HD port of Xenoblade for the US, available at launch. :)

Oxx said:
Gotta save something for Xenoblade 2!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm totally gonna beat this game today, I know it. I thought I was yesterday "but it just kept going" but today will be the day, yes! YES!!!!

It was a pretty fun game let me tell you. Once I decided to ignore 80% of the quests at least. :3

daffy

Banned
jgwhiteus said:
Is this
Egil's mecha?
If you're missing a lot of attacks, it might be that you're just too underleveled - generally if a normal monster is 4-5 levels above you, you will miss a lot of attacks, and for bosses maybe it's only a few levels. Try going back and leveling up a bit? I don't remember that boss being particularly troublesome.
Also it's a good idea to finish any sidequests you got in the city, e.g. the monster challenges and "beautification" quests, because they will be unavailable after the fight. I didn't realize that the first time around, but thankfully I had a separate save right before that boss, so I was able to go back and finish them before facing him.
yeah, heh, I thought it may be this but some attacks were working so I thought maybe not. I thought there was some hidden strategy. thanks. I'll go finish some quests and return back.

RPGCrazied

Ha! I got the Zavvi copy today. And I was charged again. So, I'm going to sell it to a gaffer to try and make some of the $$$ back. I dare not send this back now, it took a month and a half to reach me.

CoolS

RPGCrazied said:
Ha! I got the Zavvi copy today. And I was charged again. So, I'm going to sell it to a gaffer to try and make some of the $$$ back. I dare not send this back now, it took a month and a half to reach me.

Amazing, the saga comes to a close.

Oxx

RPGCrazied said:
Hope someone buys it. ;/ I don't want to be stuck with this.

Its in the buy/sell/trade thread.

Might be worth something one day. Sealed English-language copies of Xenoblade might be the next big collector's item.

RPGCrazied

is it still sold out in online shops? If not, I might not be able to sell it. But a U.S gaffer would get it so much faster from me. :p I don't care about a collectors item. I got things to buy and xmas is coming up.

75 hours in, just got to
Central Factory
. Noticed that after the cutscene that shows the
allied Bionis forces headed to attack Mechonis
, all the landmarks on
Sword Valley and Galahad Fortress
become unavailable. Do they open back up later in the game?

They don't. Any landmarks or unbeaten unique monsters are no longer available. If you need collectables from those areas, you can find them from NPCs at
the hidden village (you'll need Level 5 affinity to get every item though)

Go_Ly_Dow

RPGCrazied said:

Holy shit. No way Zaavi was telling to truth with the original ship date. They most likely didn't have any in stock and waited for more to come in.

RPGCrazied

M_Night said:
Holy shit. No way Zaavi was telling to truth with the original ship date. They most likely didn't have any in stock and waited for more to come in.

I don't know. Knowing my luck its not as rare and won't sell. I'll be stuck with this.

Gvaz

Banned
chaostrophy said:
75 hours in, just got to
Central Factory
. Noticed that after the cutscene that shows the
allied Bionis forces headed to attack Mechonis
, all the landmarks on
Sword Valley and Galahad Fortress
become unavailable. Do they open back up later in the game?
Keep playing.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody know where you can get the Spear Break intermediate book? Weird that it doesn't seem to be in any shop yet, and that's a pretty early skill.

Holy crap, just got my copy from shop to (the mail didn't specify it was from them, but it's obvious anyway)! Took 5 business days to ship to PA, excluding Sunday of course. Was expecting it this week, but not today! Just need to mod my Wii now and hope it all works.

lol at RPG. Why'd they charge you again? Did they get notified of the delivery? Should've removed your CC details lolz.

chaosblade said:
Anybody know where you can get the Spear Break intermediate book? Weird that it doesn't seem to be in any shop yet, and that's a pretty early skill.
Shop at
Colony 6 (merchant Level 5)
or
the hidden village after clearing Agniritha

The advanced book is dropped by Level 45-50 unique monsters at
Valek Mountain

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Aveyn Knight said:
Shop at
Colony 6 (merchant Level 5)
or
the hidden village after clearing Agniritha

The advanced book is dropped by Level 45-50 unique monsters at
Valek Mountain
Wow, that's pretty late considering you get the skill maybe halfway through the game (or earlier?). Almost to the point I can buy it, but I'll probably just go straight for the advanced book. I've gotten several books as drops, but it's never books for skills I actually use. Thanks for help.

And the last character is really good. Between it and Shulk+Sharla I'm practically running through everything now, including unique enemies. It's a shame the framerate takes a dive in big fights, because those are really fun.

Daante

hit lvl 25 tonight, about 10 hrs in the game, a few impressions so far.

- Battles system is the best i have ever witness for a rpg. Really liked what they done togheter with the mixing of mmo elements. Also since its so fast without loading times and such i kinda always want to approach enemies even if they dont are in my path. I have never felt that way previous in rpg:s ...

- Game looks fantastic and plays perfect in Dolphin. Its a shame really that a game of this caliber dont get a real HD treatment (no effence Wii). I have also come to the conclusion that 30 STEADY FPS with this kind of graphics that it is in Dolphin (with 16 AF and 4x MSAA) is enough to keep me satisfied.. *couch Square-Enix take note for FFX remake *cough* .

- Story seems interesting.. , though i feel it have a long long way to go before its up there with Xenogears... Can´t really say i feel for Shulk the way i felt for Fei, but maby that changes.

RPGCrazied

Well, it had a barcode on the label, maybe when it got scanned I was charged. No matters, I just sold my copy to a gaffer, so its all good.

I won't use Zavvi again. :p

Yuterald

Game finished! Clocked 116 hours. Got 5 Stars in all areas but Colony 6 (also had 4 Star in Alcamoth), but I still have a ton left to do!

The ending was so great. There is definitely stuff you would have never seen coming. Really nice twists right at the end. Reflecting on the game, plot, and its characters, this is a Xeno-game through and through. I loved pretty much everything about it too. I don't think an RPG will ever top this until Trails in the Sky SC comes out in NA.

Crazymoogle said:
Any import site recommendations? Seems like all of the OP links are broken save for Zavvi and this page doesn't really reflect highly...

shop to.net Took my copy 5 business days to arrive to PA. Hurry though because they only have a few copies left.

Zafir

Crazymoogle said:
Any import site recommendations? Seems like all of the OP links are broken save for Zavvi and this page doesn't really reflect highly...
Shop to have it in stock. Also game.co.uk have it at 2-3days.

Gvaz

Banned
From RPGFan's forums:

So disappointing, I literally said "you've got to be kidding me" out loud. Now I why gaf changed the title of the game's thread to what a bunch of jokers. No kidding.

Oh wait you're serious, just let me laugh even harder

In case that guy's reading: We love Xenoblade you nimrod.

ZombieSupaStar said:
after becoming a harddcore pc gamer in the 00s, and spending hundreds of hours on fallout 3 and new vegas (along with other WRPGs), this morning I just said "ah what the hell" and ordered it from GAME and and looking to mod my wii now to play it. I haven't really played jrpgs since the playstation 1, and even though im not in high school anymore and a lot of the tropes that resonated with me back then wont work now, I have missed some of that old jrpg flavor, as a fan of final fantasy 6, and chrono trigger, i hope this game scratches that itch.

in fact i can't think of any jrpgs aside from ff12 (briefly), and ff10 (quit on that god awful mountain path boss fight) that I played last gen... that era was halo/gta/tony hawk, for me mostly.

This game feels much more like a Western RPG than a JRPG to me.

Sure, the map isn't just one huge area with towns plotted here and there. Even though the areas are clearly split up, each one is so freaking massive that it gives off a WRPG feel. Also the multitude of quests also gives off a WRPG feel (over 450 quests).

The game is just big. In every area you can think of the words "big". Even the towns are huge. Day/night system. Certain quests can only be gotten or completed during the day or night.

Edit - It feels like a WRPG is its massiveness, and it feels like a JRPG in its style. Many areas are just beautiful to just stand back and look at.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sadist said:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

People who've beaten the game

Finally beaten Lorithia!

I am surprised people have trouble defeating this boss :eek:

My team of Melia (for storyline purpose), Dunban, and Sharla pretty much kick its sorry little arse to the oblivion and back.

Just reach 60 hours mark on my second walkthrough.

Spoilers up to reaching Fallen Arm:

Wow, Shulk and Fiora's reunion was a huge payoff. Fiora's voice actress nailed it too. What a game!

Gvaz

Banned
Daante said:
hit lvl 25 tonight, about 10 hrs in the game, a few impressions so far.

- Battles system is the best i have ever witness for a rpg. Really liked what they done togheter with the mixing of mmo elements. Also since its so fast without loading times and such i kinda always want to approach enemies even if they dont are in my path. I have never felt that way previous in rpg:s ...

- Game looks fantastic and plays perfect in Dolphin. Its a shame really that a game of this caliber dont get a real HD treatment (no effence Wii). I have also come to the conclusion that 30 STEADY FPS with this kind of graphics that it is in Dolphin (with 16 AF and 4x MSAA) is enough to keep me satisfied.. *couch Square-Enix take note for FFX remake *cough* .

- Story seems interesting.. , though i feel it have a long long way to go before its up there with Xenogears... Can´t really say i feel for Shulk the way i felt for Fei, but maby that changes.
Stop comparing it to xenogears. It's not xenogears.

Top Bottom