• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

EmreBFG

Color me impressed with Dolphin's performance. Perhaps it won't stay this way, and perhaps I should apply the 30fps hack, but I'm running at near constant full speed with a e7400@3.1ghz/260gtx setup. The opening fights were at 85% so I'm figuring it'll slow down during more action.

jgwhiteus

Crazymoogle said:
Any reason you'd buy from there as opposed to Amazon.co.uk?

Amazon.co.uk won't ship video games to US addresses; they were the first site I tried - it's some law or site policy (though there's no restriction on movies). Though apparently people have purchased from the Amazon Italian site, except they're getting Italian published materials with the game (all versions of the game have Japanese and English voices, and subtitles in all the different European languages available).

I got mine from 365 games, and I was generally okay with the price and shipping time, except they're probably out of stock.

jgwhiteus said:
Amazon.co.uk won't ship video games to US addresses; they were the first site I tried - it's some law or site policy (though there's no restriction on movies). Though apparently people have purchased from the Amazon Italian site, except they're getting Italian published materials with the game (all versions of the game have Japanese and English voices, and subtitles in all the different European languages available).

Yeah, with Amazon.com they tell me (being in Canada) upfront when something can't be shipped. I didn't see any notice right off the bat this time so I didn't know if they were rejecting orders later..?

jgwhiteus

Crazymoogle said:
Yeah, with Amazon.com they tell me (being in Canada) upfront when something can't be shipped. I didn't see any notice right off the bat this time so I didn't know if they were rejecting orders later..?

Their Delivery Destinations page lists out the country restrictions for various items:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=524836.

However, certain individual Marketplace sellers are selling new copies, and some of them list international delivery rates, so you could try one of those - except it seems they're selling the game at a substantial markup (cheapest is 44 pounds - around $70?)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005CLPO9O/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1317094851&sr=8-1&condition=new

Hiltz

I didn't have much time to play today but just got up to the next apparently big area after reaching
Machina Refuge.
Feels good to finally start taking on some of those level 70+ monsters on the Bionis Leg like those catepillars and bats near Windy Cave and those flamingo-like bird monsters that hang out in the ponds and lakes.

Wow, Colony 9 is huge. And really nice looking. It's funny how the area with Dunban looked really ugly, and Colony 9 is a world of difference thanks due to its colors. I've barely progressed the story, just been exploring around and killing things lol.

Really happy my Wii was able to play it, though I had some trouble at first. This game is going to take me like a month or something to beat.

jgwhiteus said:
Their Delivery Destinations page lists out the country restrictions for various items:

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the advice, ordered through Shopto. I can afford to wait over paying another 15 pounds+ that's for sure...

ivysaur12

Banned
Finally got the game.

Forgot to buy an SD Card -> USB adapter for my MacBook. There are no 24/7 Best Buys neat me.

I'm SOL till tomorrow, aren't I?

jgwhiteus

Man God said:
Yep, this game is fun to play and has an intelligable story.
Haha, I love Xenogears as a sentimental favorite, but I appreciated that with this game pretty much everything you need to know to follow the plot is presented in spoken dialogue and cut-scenes, with some backstory and history thrown in through sidequest dialogues. There are no long, confusing, poorly translated data entries, or walls of text that serve as plot advancement and exposition. I mean, I like a fleshed-out world and mythology as much as the next person, but I like that the presentation in Xenoblade is a bit more polished and focused.

EDIT: Actually, though, the "Heart-to-Heart" system needed work - it's incredibly annoying to spend most of the game coming upon them only to find you haven't met the requirements yet, with no explanation why (though there are good reasons for it, e.g. the game doesn't want to spoil later characters). There was probably a less clunky way of going deeper into the characters' relationships.

ivysaur12 said:
Finally got the game.

Forgot to buy an SD Card -> USB adapter for my MacBook. There are no 24/7 Best Buys neat me.

I'm SOL till tomorrow, aren't I?
Do you have a digital camera that accepts SD cards? I think that's how I ended up transferring files to mine (my stupid USB adapter stopped working, and I didn't want to buy another one). Digital cameras can function just like USB readers if you hook them up to your PC.

hlhbk

Ok am i missing something? I live in Nashville. I have tried to order this from Amazon.uk and Game in the UK to be shipped to the USA. Amazon said that I couldn't order it in my location. I got the game ordered on game and the order was cancelled. Is there something not allowing these vendors not to ship the game to the USA?????

I am pretty upset right now. It shouldn't be this hard to import this game!

hlhbk said:
Ok am i missing something? I live in Nashville. I have tried to order this from Amazon.uk and Game in the UK to be shipped to the USA. Amazon said that I couldn't order it in my location. I got the game ordered on game and the order was cancelled. Is there something not allowing these vendors not to ship the game to the USA?????

See this post not far above. Try shopto

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Brazil said:
Give me some of your time. Now.

Combining with the first walkthrough, I've spent up to 169 hours on this game.

Working from 8 A.M. until 5.30 P.M., go home. Arrives at home 6 P.M., doing this doing that yada yada yada until 7 P.M. Fire up Xenoblade until midnight or even 1 - 2 A.M., depending on the sleepy-ness level.

Lately every day the schedule of my life is like this thanks to Xenoblade :p

Leeness

Man God said:
Yep, this game is fun to play and has an intelligable story.

25rzh55.jpg

jgwhiteus said:
Haha, I love Xenogears as a sentimental favorite, but I appreciated that with this game pretty much everything you need to know to follow the plot is presented in spoken dialogue and cut-scenes, with some backstory and history thrown in through sidequest dialogues. There are no long, confusing, poorly translated data entries, or walls of text that serve as plot advancement and exposition. I mean, I like a fleshed-out world and mythology as much as the next person, but I like that the presentation in Xenoblade is a bit more polished and focused.

These are my thoughts, basically. The crazy is enjoyed to an extent, but I'll take a well thought out, cohesive story over it. I actually think the world lore and mythology is pretty great in Blade, though. I'd almost say I like it more than Gears and Saga. </opinion>

hlhbk

Any chance these uk sellers that usually ship to the USA are being asked by Nintendo not to ship it to the USA since only modded Wii's can play the game in the USA?

hlhbk said:
Any chance these uk sellers that usually ship to the USA are being asked by Nintendo not to ship it to the USA since only modded Wii's can play the game in the USA?
No.

Amazon.co.uk, as far back as I can remember, has never shipped video games to the U.S. And Game is a frequent go-to for U.S. importers, so if they aren't shipping here then there must be a reasonable explanation. Either there are stock issues, your info was wrong, or something else was up. But Nintendo would not order a company to stop selling its games.

Try shop to, or a non-British European retailer.

Entered just the (level 60 spoilerish)
Mechonic Factory

jesus fucking christ, the scenery could be right out of a high budget sci-fi movie.
The artstyle BLOWS me away.

I'm THIS close to buying a beamer just for this game(well, and future games :p). Even the 50" TV from my parents doesn't do it justice.

Oxx

Gvaz said:
From RPGFan's forums:

Oh wait you're serious, just let me laugh even harder

In case that guy's reading: We love Xenoblade you nimrod.

Amazing.

I haven't used Reyn for ages. I'm starting to forget the sound of his voice.

motherfuck...

so I'm in
Mechonis Field
. I slip on a slope and fall, like 700000 meters down. i expect to die but no! There's water at the bottom of it, heck yeah. I walk on a small platform and there's a Unique, some Commander or General, same level as me. I decide to take him down, begin to attack but where the heck is Dunban? oh right. He's stuck under the small platform, swimming. Boss kills me, restart, fall down, make sure Dunbass doesn't get stuck and challenge him again for great justice

and I forgot Dunban has his non Mechon-sword. Dealing 1 pt damage all the way. Boss kills me

273px-Spp-peach8.jpg

MicH

Lol, I can't believe that I, after six weeks, still haven't received the game or a refund from game. They've ignored my e-mails for the last week despite they asked me to contact them at the 19th. Fuck you GAME.

-KRS-

I'm buying this game today and there's nothing that can stop me!

Unless someone else gets there first and picks up the only two copies the store has. It's the only store in my city that has it :(

Edit: I GOT IT WOHOO!

Zornica

Banned
iamaustrian said:
Mechonic Factory

jesus fucking christ, the scenery could be right out of a high budget sci-fi movie.

I'm THIS close to buying a beamer just for this game(well, and future games :p). Even the 50" TV from my parents doesn't do it justice.

finally someone shows some love for the interior of
mechonis
. I don't get why people hate on it so much :(. I wish those areas where bigger though...

Gvaz

Banned
That's a bit extensive. I'd like to say "all of them" but really anything is fine.

iamaustrian said:
Mechonic Factory

buy a computer that can play it on dolphin, wipe up all the drool

weeaboo

RPGCrazied said:
Ha! I got the Zavvi copy today. And I was charged again. So, I'm going to sell it to a gaffer to try and make some of the $$$ back. I dare not send this back now, it took a month and a half to reach me.

Oh my god :lol

Wiseblade said:
So I'm at G
alahad Fortress
, have I missed the Intermediate books for Summon Aqua and Wind? If so, where are they?
You can get both from a shop at
Alcamoth (I think it's near the front of the palace)

Sadist

I'm finally preparing for the final battle.. but can anyone reccomend me a good grind spot?

My party is at level 79 and destroying Gogols isn't worth a lot of exp points anymore

Anasui Kishibe said:
motherfuck...

so I'm in
Mechonis Field
. I slip on a slope and fall, like 700000 meters down. i expect to die but no! There's water at the bottom of it, heck yeah. I walk on a small platform and there's a Unique, some Commander or General, same level as me. I decide to take him down, begin to attack but where the heck is Dunban? oh right. He's stuck under the small platform, swimming. Boss kills me, restart, fall down, make sure Dunbass doesn't get stuck and challenge him again for great justice

and I forgot Dunban has his non Mechon-sword. Dealing 1 pt damage all the way. Boss kills me

273px-Spp-peach8.jpg

I found that UM pretty difficult, it beat me until I was around 2/3 levels higher than it, when I went back and took it out

jgwhiteus

Sadist said:
I'm finally preparing for the final battle.. but can anyone reccomend me a good grind spot?

My party is at level 79 and destroying Gogols isn't worth a lot of exp points anymore

Are you talking about the Gogols in Bionis Leg? If you go to Satorl Marsh, Glowing Obelisk landmark, then go a bit SE to the Setor(?) ruins, the Gogols in the area are around lv. 83-85 I think. The lv. 83's should be doable at lv. 79, or use Melia if your attacks aren't landing.

Sadist

jgwhiteus said:
Are you talking about the Gogols in Bionis Leg? If you go to Satorl Marsh, Glowing Obelisk landmark, then go a bit SE to the Setor(?) ruins, the Gogols in the area are around lv. 83-85 I think. The lv. 83's should be doable at lv. 79, or use Melia if your attacks aren't landing.
Ah thanks!

The level 84 ones are pretty easy to defeat tbh.

flyover

Sadist said:

I went back to
Alcamoth
and fought
Telethia (avoiding the mobs)
for a while. Got tons of experience, and the battles go quickly. A lot of return for a minimal investment of time. I may have been a level or two higher than you, though.

Oxx

Whoa!

I had just been sorting my quests by 'New', but it looks like I have at least 20 quests in the 'Current' folder that I just need to cash-in by finding specific people to talk to.

So much XP incoming...

wsippel

Banned
It's been a while that I've finished the game, and even though I think I've basically done every single quest, I have to wonder: What's the deal with whole giants vs. white spiders lore?

It really is just a huge, elaborate red herring, no? Or did I miss something? I mean, there are tons of red herrings throughout the story, but this one seems really fleshed out - and leads absolutely nowhere?

Top Bottom