• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Ok, this seems like a joke, but my Wii stopped reading the disc while I was playing and gave me an error...and now it doesn't read any of my double layered discs...

I'm so pissed off, I was going for the last boss, finally...this is cruel :S

Aurarian

So I was thinking of getting this since I wasn't able to when it was released. Are there any upcoming deals for it and such? Where should I order? I'm in the US so I know it might take a while to get here.

ElFly

Gadolt
is really kicking my ass. I am the same level and no combinations of heroes has done more than 60% to him.

Anony

for those of u who finished the game, how far along am i?
i'm at the part where
whats his face gets crushed by the falling boulder

Anony said:
r u fucking serious, lol
i'm 33 hours in already and lvl 50

so the game is going all the way to lvl 100~?
Not if you don't want it to, but there will always be stronger enemies for you to fight, at any level. It's recommended that you fight the final boss when your party is roughly
level 78-82

Anony said:
r u fucking serious, lol
i'm 33 hours in already and lvl 50

so the game is going all the way to lvl 100~?
33 hours? Man, I'm level 64, and I have almost 80 hours in this game. You should do sidequests!

ivysaur12

Banned
SecretMoblin said:
Thank you.

We may be outnumbered, but we know the truth.

He has no purpose. None. And never has a moment in the story that makes him worthwhile besides giving Reyn a reason to talk later in the game.

legend166

Didn't seem to get answered in the Dolphin thread so I'll ask here:

Did anyone playing on Dolphin figure out a fix for the intermittent audio crackle issues?

ajim said:
Just got Riki, and I hate him already... lol.
I thought he was pretty lame at first, but his comments in battle are hilarious.

"FEEL THE FLOW OF BATTLE!"
"The only thing Riki feels is Dundun's scary voice."

"Sharla more like mamapon. One mama enough!"

ajim

SecretMoblin said:
Once you start doing the quests for that area, you'll hate them a whole helluva lot more.
Haha I'm already pretty angry. Looking at them and hearing them makes my blood boil, it's as if the developers thought to themselves "Ok, we're going to make some overly cute, annoying creatures just to piss gamers off!" and came up with these stupid blob creations.

ajim said:
Haha I'm already pretty angry. Looking at them and hearing them makes my blood boil, it's as if the developers thought to themselves "Ok, we're going to make some overly cute, annoying creatures just to piss gamers off!" and came up with these stupid blob creations.
It's kind of a staple of JRPGs, sadly.

Thankfully, it doesn't really blunt the impact of the overall game. Those who like that stuff can have their fun, and those of us who don't can ignore it and enjoy an otherwise superb experience.

ajim

SecretMoblin said:
It's kind of a staple of JRPGs, sadly.

Thankfully, it doesn't really blunt the impact of the overall game. Those who like that stuff can have their fun, and those of us who don't can ignore it and enjoy an otherwise superb experience.
Yeah I'm not letting it ruin the game, not even close, I just wish they gave me the option to be able to kick them around a little bit, thats all...

Damn, I saw the end yesterday, loved it.

I read that the not implemented area (minor ending spoiilers) is shown
in the ending. Where?

I really liked the story, I'll have to play the other xeno games. Guess , I'll have to get a good PC just for ps2 emulation. Mine broke years ago.

I think that I will come back after some time to end the high level monsters and all, I don't think I'll ever play a new game +. By the way. what's the point? I mean, are monsters stronger? what's the new content?

Gambit

chaosblade said:
Do some other quests in the area and see if it opens up. Might be other ones required that aren't listed, or it might require a higher affinity with the area.

I did as you suggested and have Monado Armour now. I feel much safer already! It was actually quite fun doing those quests. Will continue the game in the evening. I think I might just finish it in time for Zelda!

wakajawaka said:
I read that the not implemented area (minor ending spoiilers) is shown
in the ending. Where?
In a brief cutscene (it can't be more than 10 seconds), you see birds flying around. It's certainly not a major part of it.

wakajawaka said:
I think that I will come back after some time to end the high level monsters and all, I don't think I'll ever play a new game +. By the way. what's the point? I mean, are monsters stronger? what's the new content?
You get to play the game again! No really, that's it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
mclem said:
Ah, yes. Best chain in the game. And might help you understand the Nopon a little more.
Which one is this, out of curiosity? I did a shit-ton of missions around there but I dunno which one you're referring to.

Oh, managed to get 3 more people to try this game out based on my words of praise. Doing my job! I should get paid for this.

The Hermit

mclem said:
Ah, yes. Best chain in the game. And might help you understand the Nopon a little more.

are you talking about the
whole drug scheme thing
? Yeah that was amazing, and totally unexpected!

SecretMoblin said:

With the ultimate weapon!

mclem

SovanJedi said:
Which one is this, out of curiosity? I did a shit-ton of missions around there but I dunno which one you're referring to.

Oh, managed to get 3 more people to try this game out based on my words of praise. Doing my job! I should get paid for this.

As vague as possible:
The red pollen orbs

It's a timed quest - at least part of it is - so I don't think you can do it after the last major event.

After reading through the thread in which many people list Xenoblade as their biggest surprise this year, I feel like now's a good time to cave in and import this game.

This might be a dumb question, but between Zavvi.com and game.co.uk, which do you guys recommend buying from?

Leeness

Octorockin' said:
After reading through the thread in which many people list Xenoblade as their biggest surprise this year, I feel like now's a good time to cave in and import this game.

This might be a dumb question, but between Zavvi.com and game.co.uk, which do you guys recommend buying from?

I recommend 365games. I got it in like, six or so days from them. Not saying you'll get the same experience, but when people were importing in the thread earlier, a lot of the people getting theirs first were from 365.

SecretMoblin said:
In a brief cutscene (it can't be more than 10 seconds), you see birds flying around. It's certainly not a major part of it.

Oh thanks. Well then I'll pass for now.

Leeness said:
I recommend 365games. I got it in like, six or so days from them. Not saying you'll get the same experience, but when people were importing in the thread earlier, a lot of the people getting theirs first were from 365.

I'll go with 365 then. Thanks!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
mclem said:
As vague as possible:
The red pollen orbs

It's a timed quest - at least part of it is - so I don't think you can do it after the last major event.

Oh! Yeah I did that one. It was pretty cool how it tied in with
the sidequest during Satori Marsh
from earlier on, in some way. That WAS pretty cool, definitely one of the better sidequests. :)

Ifrit

Are there any difference in performance between the PAL and japanese version of the game? I think I read the PAL version has a slighly lower framerate

Wichu

PAL TVs operate at 50Hz, so the PAL version runs at 25 FPS rather than 30. If you're playing in Dolphin, there's a patch to nudge it back to 30 FPS.

Ifrit

Wichu said:
PAL TVs operate at 50Hz, so the PAL version runs at 25 FPS rather than 30. If you're playing in Dolphin, there's a patch to nudge it back to 30 FPS.

But what if I play on the original hardware (region free enabled by homebrew) on component cables 480p? Would that make it the same as the japanese version?

JimboJones

Psymon_Stark said:
Ok, this seems like a joke, but my Wii stopped reading the disc while I was playing and gave me an error...and now it doesn't read any of my double layered discs...

I'm so pissed off, I was going for the last boss, finally...this is cruel :S

Happened to me the day I bought the game :/, was gutted. Luckily I found out replacing wii disk drives is simple and relativly cheap.

Wichu said:
Pretty much any modern TV supports PAL 60 mode, though, and I don't think there are any recent games that still run at 50Hz. Xenoblade runs at 30FPS even in in interlaced mode on a PAL TV, for example.

Wichu

I wouldn't describe my TV as modern :p

I can't say I can tell the difference between 25Hz and 30Hz; I'm going off what I read about a 30FPS patch in the Dolphin thread.

Ifrit

Wichu said:
I wouldn't describe my TV as modern :p

I can't say I can tell the difference between 25Hz and 30Hz; I'm going off what I read about a 30FPS patch in the Dolphin thread.

I read about that too, which made me curious about it

Ifrit

magicalsoundshower said:
Pretty much any modern TV supports PAL 60 mode, though, and I don't think there are any recent games that still run at 50Hz. Xenoblade runs at 30FPS even in in interlaced mode on a PAL TV, for example.

But what about the problem with the Dolphin emulator? Do PAL games gave some kind of option to adjust to older TV sets which it defaults to?

Well, the PAL Wii Menu screen options let you choose between 50Hz and 60Hz mode, so I suppose most games also have a 50Hz and a 60Hz mode built in and for some reason Xenoblade defaults to 50Hz if you run it in Dolphin. The difference between 25 and 30fps is actually pretty drastic (25fps will already feel slightly jerky) and I'm 100% sure Xenoblade runs at the same frame rate no matter if you're using component cables (i. e. the only way to get the Wii to output progressive scan) or SCART/RBG cables.

Interesting tidbit: the PAL version of Metroid Prime lets you choose betwen "vanilla" PAL and PAL-60 when you boot up the game.

Cwarrior

Need help near the end but am stuck on
purple dragon boss
who keeps killing my party memebers so quickly, only got his health down just past half way only for him to swings his tail knocking down my whole party and taking his time to kill us after.

Cwarrior said:
Need help near the end but am stuck on
purple dragon boss
who keeps killing my party memebers so quickly, only got his health down just past half way only for him to swings his tail knocking down my whole party and taking his time to kill us after.
I suggest using Sharla to heal, have Shulk cast the Monado Art which will seal spike damage (Purge I believe) and have 7th pile on the damage, just remember spike damage can be very harsh when you topple him, main Shulk if you have to and just keep casting purge as soon as the bar has filled up

Top Bottom