• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

TDLink

mclem said:
Only ShopTo for now, but it's fairly early days yet.

I am pretty sure ozgameshop and 365games are also out of stock at this point (due to their stock being devoted to people who have already pre-ordered).

FreeMufasa

Effect said:
I do hope retailers and NoE are tracking just how many orders are coming from America for the game. Just so they can put it out there to make NoA look even worse.

I've got a feeling it's going to do really well here (partly because of importers) which will lead to NoA publishing it, selling horribly. And then they'll never release anything like it again.

Does anyone know if Gamespot will review it? I think they're the only major site that hasn't reviewed it. Not sure if they have a UK team.

meppi

LiK said:
Checked Zavvi and they dont ship until tomorrow?
That's why I now go with Shopto for games like this.

Zavvi and Thehut are awful for preorders. And if you live outside the UK, you might have to wait 4 weeks before you get the game, like I had to with OOT. :-/

I'll gladly pay €2 extra to get the game on release.

LiK

meppi said:
That's why I now go with Shopto for games like this.

Zavvi and Thehut are awful for preorders. And if you live outside the UK, you might have to wait 4 weeks before you get the game, like I had to with OOT. :-/

I'll gladly pay €2 extra to get the game on release.
Yea, mine shipped from GAME so its on time. I like Zavvi but not shipping on release date is kinda lame.

RickA238

Does anyone know how Xenoblade (Japanese version) runs in the newest release of Dolphin? I'd like to import the Euro version if it is playable in Dolphin, and I figure it should run as well as the Japanese version.

So ASDA has my copy as shipped and charged my CC, but no e-mail notification about it. I can assume that it's officially shipped, right?

The Int3rsect said:
So ASDA has my copy as shipped and charged my CC, but no e-mail notification about it. I can assume that it's officially shipped, right?
yep.

Day 4 of waiting for asda. it dispatched monday. should be in the US by now lol. i hope they flew it to florida instead up north.

evilalien

caligula13 said:
so, is it normal if my wii doesn't read the dvd?

Yes, it is completely normal that your Wii can't play a game that it was designed to play. Seriously though, you might want to get your Wii repaired. Xenoblade is on a dual layer disc so it is probably a sign that your disc drive is starting to go. I'm guessing you can still play single layer discs just fine for now.

bodine1231

Is there a way to track quests from town members?

Running it fine on Dolphin btw w/ 4x resolution and 8x af on a 955 x4 BE,looks like a 360 launch game!

JerkShep

Peff said:
There are many time-sensitive sidequests, if you keep playing the main story they'll be unavailable eventually. Fortunately, they tell you so, but not when.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into the stock shortages. The print run seems to be REALLY small, to the point where most stores here just got 1-2-3 copies (I got the only one in a Media Markt, for example, though they did have two CCPro bundles).

EDIT: Like this:

WLNTX.jpg

Is there a way to know that I've found all the subquests for an area?
I've completed all the subquests in the first area (Colony 9) but with characters appearing in specific time of day/night and so on maybe I've missed some

DMPrince said:
yep.

Day 4 of waiting for asda. it dispatched monday. should be in the US by now lol. i hope they flew it to florida instead up north.

Alright! Now to just wait a week or so. Thankfully I have PAX next week to sort of help pass the time. :p

Just played for 2,5 hours. Sooo many quests, damn. I guess there isn't a way to see on the map where the area is of a certain mob you need to kill? Guess I've been spoiled by WoW in that regard. Now I'm just running around and hoping I encounter one of the monsters I need to kill.

Also what to sell and what not to sell? Once you register items in your collectopedia, can you just sell them?

And I have no idea what skills to level up xD

Diffense

I have no complaints with GAME so far.
I ordered on Aug 15 and it was shipped on Aug 16.
Mailman hasn't come yet, so I can still imagine getting it today.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Got the glorious package this morning, had about 20 minutes of the game at the moment.

The game - at least for a Wii title - is gorgeous. The landscapes are really varied and the premise of the game world is pretty mindblowing. The combat is also interesting and the battles don't grind on me due to the lack of constant random battles; exploring the world feels delightful already and I've only got a glimpse of things to come (already I've noticed some avenues I wish to explore due to curiosity.)

The only thing I don't like are the voices - being British I appreciate hearing them in my dialect, but why the hell do the two main characters sound like a bunch of chavs? It's really annoying. I might just change their voices to something I don't recognize, or turn them off if I can.

Anyway other than that, the game looks promising so far. I can't wait to really sink my teeth into it.

RPGCrazied

FrostuTheNinja said:
Yeah, mine shipped out Tuesday. Weird.

I know. There is a thread here about Zavvi that contains many horror stories. Then a few people from the US in this very thread have bought from them and got orders from them in like 5-6days. Then others say Zavvi sometimes don't ship items, they take ages to receive, have shitty customer service. I guess its risky going with them. Sometimes they are good, other times quite bad?

Jomjom

Banned
SovanJedi said:
Got the glorious package this morning, had about 20 minutes of the game at the moment.

The game - at least for a Wii title - is gorgeous. The landscapes are really varied and the premise of the game world is pretty mindblowing. The combat is also interesting and the battles don't grind on me due to the lack of constant random battles; exploring the world feels delightful already and I've only got a glimpse of things to come (already I've noticed some avenues I wish to explore due to curiosity.)

The only thing I don't like are the voices - being British I appreciate hearing them in my dialect, but why the hell do the two main characters sound like a bunch of chavs? It's really annoying. I might just change their voices to something I don't recognize, or turn them off if I can.

Anyway other than that, the game looks promising so far. I can't wait to really sink my teeth into it.

What's a chav?

RPGCrazied

I probably wouldn't play it if it has crappy VA. It killed Arc Rise Fantasia. So I'm quite happy it at least has an above average one.

weeaboo said:
I have to say that the scale is SO BIG and there're so many things everywhere that is very easy to feel overwhelmed by the game. Geez Xenoblade, I have a life you know?

Not anymore you don't!

Yeah, the game works better if you have several hours to give it. I played for two hours last night which felt like 30 minutes. Which is a good thing but man, the weekend can't come soon enough.

RPGCrazied

Well, if it still had the Japanese track, I would use that. I'm conflicted. I don't know what track to use, cause I watch a lot of anime with Japanese voices and text. I think I will do English track and turn off the subtitles for a more cinematic feel.

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
Well, if it still had the Japanese track, I would use that. I'm conflicted. I don't know what track to use, cause I watch a lot of anime with Japanese voices and text. I think I will do English track and turn off the subtitles for a more cinematic feel.
Honestly with Arc Rise Fantasia. It's a great game bar the shitty voices. It would be a shame not to play it, hence why I mentioned the undub.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The Int3rsect said:
Holy shit at this track. Just amazing.
Yeah it is quite beautiful. My copy should arrive tomorrow but I can't get around to it till late this month, possibly early Sep. Seriously considering leaving the books alone and playing through a little this weekend though.

Zafir

If you get a hold of a legal japanese copy to go along with your legal american copy it is. Just need to rip an iso for both copys, and then use the patch.

Top Bottom