• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Attention GermanGAF. :p

bw6ko4996abllocif.jpg

Downloading it now. 117MB big. Not sure what's exactly in it.

RPGCrazied

slaughterking said:

bw6ko4996abllocif.jpg

Downloading it now. 117MB big. Not sure what's exactly in it.

The official soundtrack.

I think I'll end up buying the retail copy of it. Someday. It's like $45! Pretty expensive for music. Awesome music though.

weeaboo

I have to say that the scale is SO BIG and there're so many things everywhere that is very easy to feel overwhelmed by the game. Geez Xenoblade, I have a life you know?

RPGCrazied

Luigiv said:
Special Soundtrack.

The real OST is 4 discs long and will set you back $40.

Oh. That download isn't the full thing? I thought that announcement page said "official" on it. I guess I read wrong, sorry!

wrowa

slaughterking said:

http://666kb.com/i/bw6ko4996abllocif.jpg[img]

Downloading it now. 117MB big. Not sure what's exactly in it.[/QUOTE]
Where did you see that? I can't even register my game yet.

bubnbob

Banned
Murkas said:
Just found out you can fast travel, thank fuck. It was needed! Map is huge.

Also who said the dub was fine?! Man I get enough of Brits in real life, I don't need it in my games too!

The only tolerable characters I've heard are the ones who arent Shulk, Reyn, and Fiora... they make it feel like Harry Potter the JRPG

Btw, if I wanted to use Cfg and rip the game to a USB flash drive, how much space would it be? Isn't this game like 6.5 GB or something? Would I have to store the entire 6.5 GB? If so, what if I wanted to import another game like The Last Story (probably dual layer as well?) and wanted to play that using an 8 GB flash drive? Would I have to uninstall Xenoblade then install TLS then do that process whenever I wanted to play either, so a 16 GB would be better?

CruxisMana said:
WTF. I must really suck at this game.

I can't beat
the 2 auto-defence turrets right at the start of the game.

lol I saw a vid of that, they seem overpowered. IIRC Bebpo said you should be OK with tougher battles if you're the same level or a level or two higher.

meppi

Not sure if this has been posted but I just received the following email:

Received: 1 hour ago

Dear Valued Customer,

Due to the unexpected late demand for 'Xenoblade Chronicles' the publisher has experienced great stock shortages of this title.

All pre orders on our system upto Sunday 14th August were processed in normal fashion and were dispatched in time for release date. Unfortunately due to the stock shortages pre orders placed with ShopTo this week will face a slight delay in shipping. We expect your pre order now to be processed Monday 22nd or Tuesday 23rd August. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards,

ShopTo

While it sucks that I won't get my game this week, I hope this bodes well for the sales of the game. :)

Luigiv

RPGCrazied said:
Oh. That download isn't the full thing? I thought that announcement page said "official" on it. I guess I read wrong, sorry!
Nah, that ones a pre-order bonus and only includes 8 tracks. The real OST has all 91 tracks in the game.

RPGCrazied

Luigiv said:
Nah, that ones a pre-order bonus and only includes 8 tracks. The real OST has all 91 tracks in the game.

Oh. I should've known. Games offering soundtracks are only samplers. Oh well.

meppi said:
Not sure if this has been posted but I just received the following email:

While it sucks that I won't get my game this week, I hope this bodes well for the sales of the game. :)

Thank goodness I put my order around in June. I'm sure most places is going to have a hard time with stock until they can get another reorder.

Varion

RPGCrazied said:
It's 117mb, and the full thing is 4 discs. Unless they decided to upload it in like 64kbps mp3 there's no way it can be the full thing, heh.

Excellent news about the demand though. Not so nice that people will have to wait, but it'll be so great if the game sells really well and everyone can laugh at NoA for passing it up. Like how Sony were kicking themselves when they passed Demons Souls up back in the day.

RPGCrazied

Bel Marduk said:
Btw, if I wanted to use Cfg and rip the game to a USB flash drive, how much space would it be? Isn't this game like 6.5 GB or something? Would I have to store the entire 6.5 GB? If so, what if I wanted to import another game like The Last Story (probably dual layer as well?) and wanted to play that using an 8 GB flash drive? Would I have to uninstall Xenoblade then install TLS then do that process whenever I wanted to play either, so a 16 GB would be better?

I didn't know you can run games off of a SD card. Interesting. I think the Hard Drive is easier. Butt cheap too. I'll never need this space, but I'm using 500GB storage for my Wii. Was only like $49.

meppi

RPGCrazied said:
Thank goodness I put my order around in June. I'm sure most places is going to have a hard time with stock until they can get another reorder.

I don't really mind that I'll get it later to be honest as I wasn't going to buy it immediately on launch at first. But I decided to do the right thing and put in a pre-order at the beginning of the week anyway to show support for this game and help send a signal that the release very much appreciated.

So this email makes me very happy. :)

Bel Marduk said:
Btw, if I wanted to use Cfg and rip the game to a USB flash drive, how much space would it be? Isn't this game like 6.5 GB or something?
Yep, 6.5GB
Bel Marduk said:
Would I have to store the entire 6.5 GB?
Yep
Bel Marduk said:
If so, what if I wanted to import another game like The Last Story (probably dual layer as well?) and wanted to play that using an 8 GB flash drive?Would I have to uninstall Xenoblade then install TLS then do that process whenever I wanted to play either(?)
Yep
Bel Marduk said:
so a 16 GB would be better?
Yep again...you're smart :p

Although you should probably just end up getting an external HDD and put ALLL your Wii games on it. It's really awesome. 500GB would probably be only about $50 or so too.

wrowa

slaughterking said:
I saw it after registering my game. Maybe you made typo?

The download link is not unique, though. Anyone can download it:
http://www.nintendo.de/NOE/stars_items_online/XenobladeChronicles.zip
I typed in the code two times to make sure that I didn't make a typo. It said that my code isn't valid both times. I think it's only possible to register the standalone version yet.

The link just gives me an error btw. Apparently one needs special righs to access it.

MikeE21286 said:
Yep, 6.5GB

Yep

Yep

Yep again...you're smart :p

Although you should probably just end up getting an external HDD and put ALLL your Wii games on it. It's really awesome. 500GB would probably be only about $50 or so too.

lol.

I'm fine without an HDD, don't want to pay that much really. I'll get a 16 GB if it doesn't work. I might try putting MH3 on it since I have some problems with that as well.

RPGCrazied said:
I'd help you, but I don't have my game obviously. ;/

Did you gem your stuff?
Do you not have any buff or debuff skills yet?

I'm not sure what the matter was.

It was hard one time, then really easy the next.

:lol

RPGCrazied

CruxisMana said:
I'm not sure what the matter was.

It was hard one time, then really easy the next.

:lol

Well, its nice to hear it has some difficulty. They way I'm going to play though, I'll end up being overleveled for most of the fights and game. I'm sure a lot of those special monsters will kick my ass though.

wrowa said:
I typed in the code two times to make sure that I didn't make a typo. It said that my code isn't valid both times. I think it's only possible to register the standalone version yet.

The link just gives me an error btw. Apparently one needs special righs to access it.
Huh, I see.
Well, there's no hurry anyway.

epmode

weeaboo said:
This reminds me a lot to the Demon's Souls scenario with Atlus making money and Sony crying for his stupidity
Except Nintendo still gets all of the money in this case, sadly.

Atlus USA would have loved to release this, I'm sure. LOL NOA.

RPGCrazied

Honestly this is the first time for me to buy anything oversea's. I'm sure I'll end up doing it for Last Story too. Hopefully I don't have to do it again. Thank god for Graces F coming to the states.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
epmode said:
Except Nintendo still gets all of the money in this case, sadly.
What's so sad about Nintendo making money off a game they funded?
NoE and NoA are different divisions of Nintendo. One can be successful while the other isn't.

Zwei

Anasui Kishibe said:
Xenoblade get!

http://i.imgur.com/6otmi.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6otmi.gif[/MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6otmi.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

Cool gifs. I love Christoph Waltz.

Varion

RPGCrazied said:
Jealous!!

By the way. What's everyone's main team going to be?

Mine's is going to be Shulk, Reyn and Dunban(is that how you spell it? :p). Riki looks interesting, never seen him in battle before.
Pretty sure I just stuck with Shulk, Reyn and Karna. Shulk has Monado's abilities so I wouldn't chuck him out even if I could, Reyn is just a monster tank and complements Shulk perfectly, and Karna has more healing so you don't just have to rely on Light Heal which really isn't enough. Might fiddle around a bit more this time, Dunban and Melia are supposed to be really good when used well.

RPGCrazied said:
Well, its nice to hear it has some difficulty. They way I'm going to play though, I'll end up being overleveled for most of the fights and game. I'm sure a lot of those special monsters will kick my ass though.
Yeah, there's always going to be a unique enemy around to give you a challenge even if the bosses don't. I'm doing the same thing, killing every unique I can, running laps of town at day and night trying to find new quests, filling in all the item encyclopedia... so now I'm a whole bunch of levels over what you're supposed to be and some ridiculous equipment for this point in the game, heh. It's nice in that way because even for an overlevelled player you can find a challenge, as opposed to one broken optional enemy later in the game or whatever.

RPGCrazied

So, none of the guys get good healing spells? Figures. Let me guess, Riki is the nuker? He has that magic thing going on just by looking at him.

Diffense

lol@stock shortage.
It would be so awesome for it to sell decently.
I know I'm doing my part.

Noa is pure fail.
Why pass on an already finished, quality, 1st party game (for a console with almost NOTHING) because of ANTICIPATED poor sales rather than try to sell it on the strength of the product?
There must be only business people at the top and nobody able to notice a compelling videogame if it came out of a boil on his ass.

Top Bottom