• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Luigiv

slaughterking said:
Just finished the OST download. This is what's in it:

bw6lpr47h3gm9m0rb.jpg

Tracklist
Oh, that's more tracks then I thought. Either I remembered wrong or they actually added more tracks to the PAL release.

bubnbob

Banned
Reveirg said:
Are there a lot of missables? (quests, important items, etc.)

If so, what should we look out for?

I read there is a "point of no return" for some quests, so if you are super anal then you will need a guide of some sort. There is also NG+ - which you need to play anyway if you really want 100% at some point.

Aeana

Quests that can't be completed after the story is progressed too far are marked with a watch icon, so you still don't really need a guide.

Diffense

bubnbob said:
I read there is a "point of no return" for some quests, so if you are super anal then you will need a guide of some sort. There is also NG+ - which you need to play anyway if you really want 100% at some point.

I'm guessing I'll just need to be cautious about advancing the story before finishing sidequests.
I'll not be in a rush to finish anyway. I don't care if my hands are still full with XB beyond Zelda:SS' release.

Aeana said:
Quests that can't be completed after the story is progressed too far are marked with a watch icon, so you still don't really need a guide.

Great. Didn't know that.

Peff

Reveirg said:
Are there a lot of missables? (quests, important items, etc.)

If so, what should we look out for?

There are many time-sensitive sidequests, if you keep playing the main story they'll be unavailable eventually. Fortunately, they tell you so, but not when.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into the stock shortages. The print run seems to be REALLY small, to the point where most stores here just got 1-2-3 copies (I got the only one in a Media Markt, for example, though they did have two CCPro bundles).

EDIT: Like this:

WLNTX.jpg

Luigiv

Aeana said:
Oh, the timed quests are story progression limited? No wonder they have no timer.

Varion said:
Nah it's exactly the same 12 tracks as the Japanese Special Soundtrack. http://vgmdb.net/album/18669
Oh ok. I thought I read 8 in the Iwata Asks for some reason.

Edit: Yeah double checking he definitely said twelve. Weird, I must be going senile in my old age.
21 next week, how depressing. :(

Diffense

Peff said:
There are many time-sensitive sidequests, if you keep playing the main story they'll be unavailable eventually. Fortunately, they tell you so, but not when.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into the stock shortages. The print run seems to be REALLY small, to the point where most stores here just got 1-2-3 copies (I got the only one in a Media Markt, for example, though they did have two CCPro bundles).

Much better approach than not releasing the game at all.
Kudos to the planners.

kiryogi

Banned
weeaboo said:
I have to say that the scale is SO BIG and there're so many things everywhere that is very easy to feel overwhelmed by the game. Geez Xenoblade, I have a life you know?
Yup, that pan out from the intro doesn't begin to tell you how immense it is. It's just amazing. But every time I see that part of the intro, I get shivers.

Peff

Diffense said:
Much better approach than not releasing the game at all.
Kudos to the planners.

Certainly! With any luck they'll still get a couple of decent extra shipments if demand continues to be there.

CruxisMana said:
How do you perform a chain attack?

I missed the tutorial.

You need to have a full "friendship" bar (the blue one to the left divided in three segments), go to that character's art and press up.

Aeana

CruxisMana said:
How do you perform a chain attack?

I missed the tutorial.
If you press up on the dpad, the character talent icon will turn into a blue triangle icon. That's also how you access the icons for fleeing battle and luring enemies.

Aeana

CruxisMana said:
Also, you can access any of the tutorials in the menu. Sometimes there are additional tutorials that the game doesn't actually show you, so it's useful to check it occasionally.

kiryogi

Banned
Varion said:
Pretty sure I just stuck with Shulk, Reyn and Karna. Shulk has Monado's abilities so I wouldn't chuck him out even if I could, Reyn is just a monster tank and complements Shulk perfectly, and Karna has more healing so you don't just have to rely on Light Heal which really isn't enough. Might fiddle around a bit more this time, Dunban and Melia are supposed to be really good when used well.

Yeah, there's always going to be a unique enemy around to give you a challenge even if the bosses don't. I'm doing the same thing, killing every unique I can, running laps of town at day and night trying to find new quests, filling in all the item encyclopedia... so now I'm a whole bunch of levels over what you're supposed to be and some ridiculous equipment for this point in the game, heh. It's nice in that way because even for an overlevelled player you can find a challenge, as opposed to one broken optional enemy later in the game or whatever.
Dunban is an absolute speed demon. Run him naked (as in no equipment but his weapon) and his speed will astound you. And I've said it many times in this thread already, do not sleep on Melia. She in fact has the cheapest combination in the game, but aside from that, her magic is really strong.

CoolS

RPGCrazied said:
Post spoiler tags, but do you get all the characters fairly early? Or do they show up throughout the story?

I would really appreciate that as well since I don't want to know if a person I meet will join my party. I wasn't even sure about
Dunban
:(

CruxisMana said:
I can't seem to inflict Break on
Metal Face

With the Shulk, Reyn, Dunban party, I can't find a combination of moves to inflict break in one chain attack.

I didn't even use a chain attack, I think I just used that area attack from Shulk on the right side with the pinkish icon and then Ryen just toppled him over

Edit: I see you did it ^^

kiryogi

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
So, none of the guys get good healing spells? Figures. Let me guess, Riki is the nuker? He has that magic thing going on just by looking at him.
Hah no, he's like the best melee.

CoolS said:
I didn't even use a chain attack, I think I just used that area attack from Shulk on the right side with the pinkish icon and then Ryen just toppled him over

Edit: I see you did it ^^

I totally missed Shulk's break move...

:p

http://twitter.com/#!/shoptonet/status/104187180540366850

"Due to the unexpected late demand for Xenoblade Chronicles the publisher has experienced great stock shortages of this title"

Fun! Looks like I'll be waiting a week, I guess thats what I get for being late to the party...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Nearly 50 page thread, and most people don't have the game yet (or can't get it). And it's a JRPG! Who knew?!
we did! Stupid business decisions /grumble

ruxtpin

Banned
Imported the game from Game.co.uk (regular edition, since I thought 90 USD was a bit steep for another CCPro when I've already got two). Will be my very first imported game ever. Now I just gotta' get Gecko OS going on my Wii over the weekend so I can play it whenever it arrives!

=D

mclem

JennyTablina said:
http://twitter.com/#!/shoptonet/status/104187180540366850

"Due to the unexpected late demand for Xenoblade Chronicles the publisher has experienced great stock shortages of this title"

Fun! Looks like I'll be waiting a week, I guess thats what I get for being late to the party...

*THE PUBLISHER* has? Now that's interesting, if accurate. I thought it was because ShopTo hadn't purchased enough, but if the shipment is selling out, that's a good sign. You have to assume that the shipment was sized large enough to turn a profit, at least...

(Also, 'great'. Not just shortages, 'great' shortages. Please let NoE's decision be justified!)

BluWacky

I've been following the thread but didn't see the Edge review posted.

They give it a 9, for score trackers, and the review echoes what everyone else has said so far.

Amazon are now FINALLY preparing my order for dispatch. Bring on the weekend!

kiryogi

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Oh? The screens I saw of him looked liked he had staffs. I guess those are really spears? :p
They're like clubs/maces. He does some amazing damage. You'd think Rein was the powerhouse based off appearance, but no, it's the little guy.

RPGCrazied

kiryogi said:
They're like clubs/maces. He does some amazing damage. You'd think Rein was the powerhouse based off appearance, but no, it's the little guy.

I'll probably use him for some battles then, though his voice is kinda annoying.

chris121580

Wow, ordered for North America at 11 o clock last night and get the notification today that it has already shipped. Great service by GAME

Update on the ShopTo situation

Received: 1 hour ago

Dear Valued Customer,

Due to the unexpected late demand for 'Xenoblade Chronicles' the publisher has experienced great stock shortages of this title.

All pre orders on our system upto Sunday 14th August were processed in normal fashion and were dispatched in time for release date. Unfortunately due to the stock shortages pre orders placed with ShopTo this week will face a slight delay in shipping. We expect your pre order now to be processed Monday 22nd or Tuesday 23rd August. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards,

ShopTo

Please note this ticket is for information purposes only, if you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to call us on 0800 779 7777 or raise a ticket in your ShopTo account.

FUCK

I just logged on to 365games.co.uk to check the status of my order and it says "Processing Refund"

WHAT THE HELL!? I ordered this on July 26th because that's when it seemed to be available for order. What am I gonna do!?

mclem

MidnightScott said:
FUCK

I just logged on to 365games.co.uk to check the status of my order and it says "Processing Refund"

WHAT THE HELL!? I ordered this on July 26th because that's when it seemed to be available for order. What am I gonna do!?

Check your mail, and read a few pages back. They've sent out mails to US orders just double-checking you want the PAL game with a warning it's not intended to work on a US Wii. They'll send it out on Monday if they don't get a message not to do so. "Processing refund" is just the best way they could handle that in their order system.

LiK

MidnightScott said:
FUCK

order from Zavvi or GAME?

I am in the second area; Useful info for some earlier post:
I wouldn't be so quick to build parties yet, especially with characters I see in all building of them. I have lot's of regrets about which character I spent hours leveling up and getting close to. :(

TDLink

MidnightScott said:
FUCK

It isn't actually being refunded. 365 put a hold on all their orders from North America until Monday to give people a chance to cancel if they want since "PAL games can't play on NTSC systems". That processing refund status is showing up in the interim but no refund will actually be processed unless you send them an e-mail requesting it. If you currently have that status the game -will- be shipped out to you this Monday, the 22nd. I'd personally recommend you sit tight and wait the few extra days instead of cancelling and trying elsewhere since the game seems to be going out of stock at many other retailers.

mclem

TDLink said:
I'd personally recommend you sit tight and wait the few extra days instead of cancelling and trying elsewhere since the game seems to be going out of stock at many other retailers.

Only ShopTo for now, but it's fairly early days yet.

Effect

I do hope retailers and NoE are tracking just how many orders are coming from America for the game. Just so they can put it out there to make NoA look even worse.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
crazyjah2003 said:
I am in the second area; Useful info for some earlier post:
I wouldn't be so quick to build parties yet, especially with characters I see in all building of them. I have lot's of regrets about which character I spent hours leveling up and getting close to. :(

I wouldn't worry about that too much :3

Top Bottom