• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Peagles

Maybe someone can answer this, I'm not sure, but does anyone know if the red Classic Controller Pro is the same red as the Mario 25th Anniversary Wii?

I really really want them to match :)

RPGCrazied

Mines Shulk/Duban/Reyn. I'm sure some unique monsters would need some other characters specific abilities to take down. So I'll probably end up using them all.

:p

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I think it's finally time to get my modded wii back from one of my friends. Or should I play this using dolphin? I imported the jp version along with Last Story earlier this years and both ran on Dolphin but only Xenoblade was near perfect.

Are there any known bugs or crashes that make playing this game on Dolphin a hassle? If so I'll settle for 480p if it means a stable playthrough.

Can't wait for Last Story and Pandorum to be released. These 3 RPG's along with Zelda and Kirby are a heaven of a send off for the little Wii that supposedly "couldn't".

RPGCrazied

I had major issues with the sound with the Japanese import with dolphin, unless its different with the EU version, I don't know.

Those so called soundtracks they ship in with pre-order or deluxe edition. They should call them "sample". If anything, it's borderline offensive.

Maxed out the collectapedia for Colony 9 :D

Anyone else see the big ass blue bird sitting on top of anti-air battery #3? It was an aggro mob so I stayed well away

slaughterking said:
This game is not getting tired of introducing new layers of game mechanics. :0

Yeah I saw a list of the in-game tutorials and it was really long.

I think they're accessible at any point in the game, though, so that shouldn't matter (to me, at least).

LProtag

RPGCrazied said:
It's not all in the manual?

I should go to bed early tonight, so tomorrow will get here faster. I'm feeling lucky. :p

Man if you get yours in Texas before I get mine in Connecticut I'll be mad. Haha.

RPGCrazied

InsertNameHere said:
Man if you get yours in Texas before I get mine in Connecticut I'll be mad. Haha.

I know. Knowing my luck I won't get it until next Friday. You're by the coast? Then ya, you could get it soon, depends on when it shipped though.

LProtag

RPGCrazied said:
I know. Knowing my luck I won't get it until next Friday. You're by the coast? Then ya, you could get it soon, depends on when it shipped though.

It shipped with GAME so like... Monday night/Tuesday or something along those lines. Who knows when it got on a plane. It'd be nice to get it before this weekend but, meh. I do have a lot of studying for the GREs coming up soon so... I guess I can use this game as a sort of break. Or incentive, haha. If I study an hour or so every day I'll let myself binge on Xenoblade.

Edit: Also, knowing my luck, I'll have a problem with the dual layer thing and I'll have to find someone else's Wii and hop they let me rip it so I can use the USB loader. So don't fret if you don't get it for a bit, haha.

BlazingDarkness said:
Maxed out the collectapedia for Colony 9 :D

Anyone else see the big ass blue bird sitting on top of anti-air battery #3? It was an aggro mob so I stayed well away

I think I'll go and murder it now, what level was it?

Kjellson

I actually ordered this game just to support the EU release, and I've hear some good things about. I've barely seen anything from it, apart from some running on some fields. Could anyone link a favorite video to get me hyped?

Sallokin

InsertNameHere said:
It shipped with GAME so like... Monday night/Tuesday or something along those lines. Who knows when it got on a plane. It'd be nice to get it before this weekend but, meh. I do have a lot of studying for the GREs coming up soon so... I guess I can use this game as a sort of break. Or incentive, haha. If I study an hour or so every day I'll let myself binge on Xenoblade.

Edit: Also, knowing my luck, I'll have a problem with the dual layer thing and I'll have to find someone else's Wii and hop they let me rip it so I can use the USB loader. So don't fret if you don't get it for a bit, haha.

Can you elaborate? Haven't heard of this.

Sophia

Sallokin said:
Can you elaborate? Haven't heard of this.

Some Launch/early model Wiis have issues reading dual layered discs, which Xenoblade Chronicles is.

Easiest way to find out is to play the story mode in Brawl.

Phenomic

RPGCrazied said:

So you're saying for once in my life I will be happy that I leave relatively right near the Atlantic Ocean? Would be so amazing if it shows up tomorrow afternoon.

A friend just told me he played Xenoblade for a couple of hours and that "it's a big no". He dropped Twilight Princess (his first Zelda) before the second dungeon... He also seems to really hate FFXII.

LProtag

Marrshu said:
Some Launch/early model Wiis have issues reading dual layered discs, which Xenoblade Chronicles is.

Easiest way to find out is to play the story mode in Brawl.

Yeah. My launch Wii worked with Brawl when it came out and for a year or so after but then I haven't played it and it appears I've lost my disc so... who knows. It will be a mystery. I'll probably be fine.

For Cfg don't you need the game to run to rip it? So if it doesn't I'm screwed lol?

I might just go with the renting Brawl for 2 weeks and sending it in with that copy (if it doesn't work) idea.

Bel Marduk said:
For Cfg don't you need the game to run to rip it? So if it doesn't I'm screwed lol?

I might just go with the renting Brawl for 2 weeks and sending it in with that copy (if it doesn't work) idea.

Well, you need the drive to read the disc, so yes. Try renting Brawl. You should be able to rent it for pretty cheap.

Sallokin

InsertNameHere said:
Yeah. My launch Wii worked with Brawl when it came out and for a year or so after but then I haven't played it and it appears I've lost my disc so... who knows. It will be a mystery. I'll probably be fine.

I recall mine played it as well, but it's been forever. Guess if it doesn't work my parent's Wii is going to mysteriously vanish or I'm going to get a crash course in running the game via Dolphin.

Apenheul

Bel Marduk said:

I managed to get my system to read dual layers again today by repeatedly cleaning the lens with cleaning alcohol (not the cleaning fluid that comes with the lens cleaning kit) until it read my Xenoblade disc.

Apenheul said:
I managed to get my system to read dual layers again today by repeatedly cleaning the lens with cleaning alcohol (not the cleaning fluid that comes with the lens cleaning kit) until it read my Xenoblade disc.

Hmm. I'd rather just send it in and get a free repair since it's over 4 years old and used quite a bit. And it also sounds like a mowing lawn when I play a disc, so would be nice to get that fixed too :x

LProtag

Sallokin said:
I recall mine played it as well, but it's been forever. Guess if it doesn't work my parent's Wii is going to mysteriously vanish or I'm going to get a crash course in running the game via Dolphin.

I have to remember who has a Wii around me and if they owe me any favors... haha. Yeah, it's been forever for me too and I already modded my Wii so... that could cause problems if I need it fixed by Nintendo.

Argh here I go again getting all nervous. I'll just assume everything is fine until something goes wrong and then I'll freak out then, haha.

Reknoc

BlazingDarkness said:
Who am I looking for to fix Rocco's pendant?

Dean, he chills near the weapon lab during the day.

That bird is part of Sesame's quest line but it murdered me, so I decided to wait til I had a proper healer of some kind.

Apenheul

Bel Marduk said:
Hmm. I'd rather just send it in and get a free repair since it's over 4 years old and used quite a bit. And it also sounds like a mowing lawn when I play a disc, so would be nice to get that fixed too :x

That might indeed be a better idea. Make sure you backup al your save game data as you'll likely receive a refurbished system. It happened to me when I sent my first Wii in for repair, also the dual layer DVD problem.

mclem

LiK said:
53 pages and only some people got it. Amazing.

I've got it and dumped it to my HD, but I don't actually have time to *play* it until tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to that, though!

I have the house to myself from Saturday onwards for a bit, too. So no-one to steal the tv from me.

Victrix

*beard*
Lord Ghirahim said:
A friend just told me he played Xenoblade for a couple of hours and that "it's a big no". He dropped Twilight Princess (his first Zelda) before the second dungeon... He also seems to really hate FFXII.

High quality game confirmed

mclem

Bel Marduk said:

I don't know the exact nature of the dual layer problems, but it's possible it's like the issues I have currently with my original Xbox: That is, reading data from the disk is fine, but *seeking* data is problematic.

If that's the case, Cfg might let you get away with it; streaming the entirety of the disk onto your HD requires minimal seeking, and once it's on the HD it's no longer your disc drive's problem. That's how I ran later Xbox games after my drive died.

So further NPC quests unlock as your affinity with that area goes up? How do I increase the affinity without doing quests? Story progression? Killing enemies?

Anyone knows if the clock counting your total playtime continues ticking when you press the HOME button to take a break.

I hate when I totally lose sight of my actual playtime because a JRPG continues ticking even while on pause. But I figure summoning the HOME menu of the Wii should do the trick?

anaron

Amir0x, you better remain around here long enough to post your impressions of this game. I've been awaiting them eagerly. :p

Aeana

xtrasauce said:
Anyone knows if the clock counting your total playtime continues ticking when you press the HOME button to take a break.

I hate when I totally lose sight of my actual playtime because a JRPG continues ticking even while on pause. But I figure summoning the HOME menu of the Wii should do the trick?
It stops when the home menu is up.

RPGCrazied

I sure hope Last Story at least comes to NA. I don't want to go through this again. This is like being a kid again waiting for Christmas morning or something.

Top Bottom