• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied said:
I sure hope Last Story at least comes to NA. I don't want to go through this again. This is like being a kid again waiting for Christmas morning or something.

You and me both, buddy.

But hey, if NoA makes another brilliant decision and passes on The Last Story, we can have lots of fun sitting around and waiting... again! Won't that be fun?

mclem

RPGCrazied said:
I sure hope Last Story at least comes to NA. I don't want to go through this again. This is like being a kid again waiting for Christmas morning or something.

Just as a friendly reminder to you guys:

Europe did not see Final Fantasy 6 until the GBA rerelease
Europe did not see Chrono Trigger until the DS rerelease
Europe got Animal Crossing TWO YEARS after it came out in the US
Europe never got Earthbound.

You ain't got nothin' on us :)

Edit: Oops. We got a PSX iteration of FF6. Sorry!

mclem

RPGCrazied said:
You didn't see Baten Kaitos Origins either, right?

I'd forgotten that one, but I believe so. I really ought to try to dig out an import of it sometime... but I've still not even cracked open the first.

Edit: Ultimately, what I think I'd like Nintendo to take away from all this is *not* "We should release Xenoblade in America" (I think there's a fair chance all this hoo-hah will heavily hinder its sales). What I'd love them to conclude is "Americans have shown they're willing to import, and we know Europeans are willing to. If we make the Wii U region-free, we can release niche titles in just one region and the fans will seek them out, giving us more revenue at less risk"

Hey, I can dream.

I'm thinking of switching to the Japanese audio track. I love the English voices, but seeing their mouths move while no sound is coming out has taken me out of several scenes. It has to be better in Japanese.

xtrasauce said:
I'm thinking of switching to the Japanese audio track. I love the English voices, but seeing their mouths move while no sound is coming out has taken me out of several scenes. It has to be better in Japanese.
Apparently it's not.

The worst part of all of this?

We all know the Wii U will be region-locked.

s2Y2M.jpg

Zafir

SecretMoblin said:
The worst part of all of this?

We all know the Wii U will be region-locked.

s2Y2M.jpg
Indeed. Just like the 3DS. :/

Works against both continents, although NoE is favouring europe now. Companys like ATLUS don't have an EU branch, so whether we get their games is a toss up.

Netto-kun

xtrasauce said:
Nope, lip sync is pretty off in Japanese as well.

kunonabi

if the Wii U is region locked(which it will be) I won't be buying one at launch. I will wait and see how NoA goes about localization. If they keep up the same crap, I'll import a console. I'm irritated about the rainfall trio as is mostly everyone else but I started playing another code r and it just filled me with a seething anger towards NoA. I should not have to had to import such an awesome game.

Diffense

RPGCrazied said:

We're just too hyped.
The game doesn't actually come out until the 19th and our copies were already shipped!

If NOA isn't releasing TLS/Pandora weeks BEFORE NOE, I'm importing.
The only thing that will change my mind is getting Xenoblade a week from now...lol

if the Wii U is region locked(which it will be) I won't be buying one at launch. I will wait and see how NoA goes about localization. If they keep up the same crap, I'll import a console. I'm irritated about the rainfall trio as is mostly everyone else but I started playing another code r and it just filled me with a seething anger towards NoA. I should not have to had to import such an awesome game.

I feel the same way.
If you're going to be this bad about localization, then abandon region locking so that enthusiasts can import without artifical obstacles.

Played for a couple of hours. The localization is really good. The music is amazing. The story is interesting, and i want to know more about the monado. I just maxed out the collectopedia of Colony 9 as well. Current level is 11 and i'm headin for the mines. At the start you're bombarded with many tutorials, but i just spent my time exploring. The combat is engaging as well, those who compared it with FF XI nailed it.

Just entered Tephra cave now (7 hours spent in just the first area doing sidequests) level 14 characters, rockin' some cool gear

Bad quality but whatever ;p
rDqQm.jpg

IDNRF.jpg

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'm not importing this right now because I need to focus on college.
*repeat ad infinitum*

If I keep telling myself that, I might last until Skyward Swords releases. Seeing those armor pics is certainly not helping. I probably should just stop reading this thread.

Kandinsky

Franchuzas87 said:
I have the game since yesterday. 9 hours in. Good lord, this has to be played to be believed.
Man im so excited, i can't wait for this to get here, would be funny if i get before ppl in the US lol.

Diffense

InsertNameHere said:
I assume you're on the east coast by that statement. Me too. Where'd you order from?

I ordered from GAME.
I hope the plane delivers by lattitude since CT is pretty level with GBR lol.

Buttons

Sigh, pre-ordered my game from cd-wow because it was only 35 Euros. I know their delivery is slow and I was expecting it, but now it's the 19th and my order has not even been shipped yet. I go and check..."backordered"... great. :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
caligula13 said:
i hate it when they tell me you have to kill animal x to get object y and after 15 min i forget which animal it was!!
...look at your quest log?

Fritz

Must be about an hour in. I too thought it was quite overwhelming at first. Just Colony 9 is massive already for the first town. I am now off to these caves or whatever, the first time the story sends you anywhere, and I am wondering if I should be exploring first instead. After work tonight that is.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Fritz said:
Must be about an hour in. I too thought it was quite overwhelming at first. Just Colony 9 is massive already for the first town. I am now off to these caves or whatever, the first time the story sends you anywhere, and I am wondering if I should be exploring first instead. After work tonight that is.
The game does a good job of having the quests take you where you need to and want to go. Exploration is never bad, but you'll end up doing all of that via your questing anyway.

BlazingDarkness said:
Just entered Tephra cave now (7 hours spent in just the first area doing sidequests) level 14 characters, rockin' some cool gear
Dude, you haven't seen the half of it, yet. Just wait until all your characters are able to rock lvl 80 heavy armor. Some really fantastic armor there.

Fritz

thetrin said:
The game does a good job of having the quests take you where you need to and want to go. Exploration is never bad, but you'll end up doing all of that via your questing anyway.

By quests you mean the optional side quests right? Then I should head back to town.

KarmaCow

So what are the chances of this reaching Toronto if it shipped on Monday from ASDA?

I keep checking this thread and I don't know why because there are more and more spoilers.

KarmaCow said:
So what are the chances of this reaching Toronto if it shipped on Monday from ASDA?

I keep checking this thread and I don't know why because there are more and more spoilers.

I'm from the UK and mine only arrived from Asda yesterday afternoon.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
PumpkinPie said:
Do you sell the collectibles or do you keep them for upgrades or something later on?

There are three really good things you can do with collectibles:

Put them in your Collectipedia and get nice items for your efforts.

Use them to trade for other items (since they can be found just laying around the field they are the obvious best choice for this)

And (in my opinion the best and least obvious thing to do with them) save them to GIFT to your team mates. Each item will give each person a heart between 1 and 3 if they like the item. Their favorite items will give three hearts, second two hearts, then of course neutral items give one hearts. Be careful and save before trying this though! Not only do you want to give items to people that give them the most hearts, but there are also items they DISLIKE that can take away hearts. Doing this correctly will help raise your relationship between your team mates quicker.

What an awesome game. It gave me the good vibe of the gigatons of PS2 RPGS I played 5 years ago. A very nice feeling I lost with almost every single RPG I've played this gen.

Spent like two hours exploring the first area (around the ciry) killing bugs and doing side-quests.

Finally, I decided to go on with the story with the party in 9. I'm in the entrance of the
ruins.

Where are you all importing the Xenoblade bundle? I'm thinking of purchasing it, but I keep thinking it will release here. :(

Edit: Read the OP again that GAME has the exclusive on the bundle. Do they ship to the US?

LProtag

Shadowlink said:
Where are you all importing the Xenoblade bundle? I'm thinking of purchasing it, but I keep thinking it will release here. :(

Edit: Read the OP again that GAME has the exclusive on the bundle. Do they ship to the US?

Yeah. Mine's... somewhere. On a plane? At the post office? I don't know. (I hope it's at the post office).

Jucksalbe

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:

I really had to force myself to continue with the story. Seems that everytime I clear a few quests there are ten new ones. I'm at the cave's entrance right now at level 12. Sadly I had to give up the swimsuit "armor" because of its low stats.

Top Bottom