• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Alrus

I have a question about (minor story spoiler)
Colony 6 reconstruction
, the game tells you that you can ask residents about the whereabouts of the materials needed, since the hints only give you info on a few of them... I tried to talking to every single person in the area and nobody tells me anything about mats... Did they just forget about it or am I doing it wrong?

Speevy said:
This sounds like a tremendous game. I wish I had it in my hands.

Were the other non-localized games (Last Story, that other one?) supposed to be as good, or no?

The Last Story is apparently not as good from the few impressions I read on it, apparently it's still a good game though. I have no idea about Pandora's Tower but it's probably a much lower budget endeavor and probably not as good (it's not really the same genre though).

Pandora's Tower story is also probably a lot more angsty which is something that I hate =/ (And a thing a love about Xenoblade's character, you don't see them complaining too much about what's happening to them, no heroes brooding over deaths of innocent people and stuff like that, it feels so refreshing. I really dislike angsty jrpg :/ )

Speevy said:
This sounds like a tremendous game. I wish I had it in my hands.

Were the other non-localized games (Last Story, that other one?) supposed to be as good, or no?

The Last Story is supposed to very good to great, Pandora's Tower is supposed to be OK to good.

Edit: Beaten.

Diffense

InsertNameHere said:
Mine's a launch Wii that's only recently seen a little play from NMH. No idea how dual layer will work anymore because I can't find my copy of Brawl.

Might have to hijack my friend's Wii and hack it and then rip my disk onto my hard drive if it comes to that... I'm sure he won't mind.

Mine gave out gradually.
It progessed from giving read errors that could be worked around by re-inserting the game disc to absolutely refusing to work at all.
I recently bought a drive from ebay and will attempt the repair myself because Nintendo's repair is triple the cost (out of warranty) and there's the risk they'll delete my saves.

Diffense said:
Mine gave out gradually.
It progessed from giving read errors that could be worked around by re-inserting the game disc to absolutely refusing to work at all.
I recently bought a drive from ebay and will attempt the repair myself because Nintendo's repair is triple the cost (out of warranty) and there's the risk they'll delete my saves.

Can't you just back up saves on an SD card? Unless it's Monster Hunter Tri or other online games, that is...

Zafir

Diffense said:
Mine gave out gradually.
Was that with just dual layered games or all games? If it's dual layered then did you try that lense cleaning kit?

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
I probably won't do Zavvi again either.
Why?

Honestly no matter where you order it's a toss up when it'll ship. Although that other person got his copy from Shopto. A friend of mine didn't have his copy of Xenoblade ship from them till a day before release.

RPGCrazied said:
I probably won't do Zavvi again either.

Eh, I don't really blame them. It's only been a week since they shipped the game (at least, that's what they told me) and unless I'm paying for expedited shipping I usually expect to wait around two weeks. I've ordered stuff from the U.K. before and it's taken maybe 10 days on average.

So if they're the cheapest, I'll probably go with them again for The Last Story -- and we'll see about Pandora's Tower.

Edit: They also say on their website to add 15 days to shipping for international shipments, so it is clear before you purchase what the estimated delivery time is. I trust other GAFfers when they say they've had issues with Zavvi's shipping before, though.

TDLink

I said it earlier but I'll say it again. My 365games copy was despatched earlier today as they promised. If yours hasn't I would send them a support ticket through their on-site support thing. I did it last week during the initial processing refund thing and they got back to me very quickly. It'll get sorted out if you do that I'm sure.

Also keep in mind almost no one in the US has gotten theirs yet.

RPGCrazied

*sigh*

nothing from Zavvi in mail today. This sucks. What import site offers rush shipping? If I have to do this for Last Story, I want to be prepared.

Synless

TDLink said:
I said it earlier but I'll say it again. My 365games copy was despatched earlier today as they promised. If yours hasn't I would send them a support ticket through their on-site support thing. I did it last week during the initial processing refund thing and they got back to me very quickly. It'll get sorted out if you do that I'm sure.

Also keep in mind almost no one in the US has gotten theirs yet.
Yeah, I messaged them. At least yours shipped, mine is still in refund status.

bodine1231

I played the game for about 13hrs on Sunday,first time I've done that in 15yrs. This is the best JRPG I've played since the SNES/PSONE era. There were moments of the story later on where I was literally holding my breath during the cut scenes. The action is filmed and cut so well as to rival any good summer blockbuster movie and I'm really interested in seeing where the game takes me. I'm also surprised at how great the game looks despite running in 480p.

Sayah

Diffense said:
Mine gave out gradually.
Actually, you can have Nintendo fix it for free still. You just need your copy of Super Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl utilizes a double-layer disc which has a large memory capacity. A very small percentage of Wii consoles may have trouble consistently reading data off this large capacity disc if there is some contamination on the lens of the disc drive. Nintendo has specialized cleaning equipment that can resolve this problem.

For the United States and Canada, Nintendo is upgrading inbound and outbound shipping to expedite the total repair process. Specific repair times will be provided as you fill out the repair form. There is no cost for the repair or shipping. Please note: returning the game to the retail store will not solve the problem. So we encourage users who are experiencing issues with playing this particular game to utilize this repair order process.

Sayah

bodine1231 said:
I played the game for about 13hrs on Sunday,first time I've done that in 15yrs. This is the best JRPG I've played since the SNES/PSONE era. There were moments of the story later on where I was literally holding my breath during the cut scenes. The action is filmed and cut so well as to rival any good summer blockbuster movie and I'm really interested in seeing where the game takes me. I'm also surprised at how great the game looks despite running in 480p.
MY ANTICIPATION KEEPS RISING. Waiting for mines to ship.

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
*sigh*

nothing from Zavvi in mail today. This sucks. What import site offers rush shipping? If I have to do this for Last Story, I want to be prepared.
It's a good job you didn't live in Europe during the previous generations, isn't it? :p

RPGCrazied

Zafir said:
It's a good job you didn't live in Europe during the previous generations, isn't it? :p

I suppose. I might as well expect this to come Friday. 2 weeks for getting a game, lame. So much for getting it in 6 days like other Texas/US Zavvi members have for other games.

Sayah

Green Scar said:
Lol, this game did great in the UK, sales wise. Surprising, I haven't seen a single ad for it.
The fans did most of the advertising. That Operation Rainfall movement helped it get a lot of attention and the game even saw a rise in sales in Japan. It's helpful that this game is getting amazing reviews and being hailed as the best JRPG this generation.

RPGCrazied said:
I suppose. I might as well expect this to come Friday. 2 weeks for getting a game, lame. So much for getting it in 6 days like other Texas/US Zavvi members have for other games.

Speedrun a playthrough of Chrono Trigger to take your mind off of it. You'll be happier!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just played 6 hours straight until a bit after the end of the first chapter.

Holy fucking moly is this game addicting. Geez.

Sayah

IdreamofHIME said:
Finally got a copy and now I'm getting disc read errors.

Oh the humanity...:(
Read what I posted above you. I also read this earlier. You can also see if a friend of family member can let you borrow their Wii to test it on there.

RPGCrazied said:
went from hype to depression.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
RPGCrazied said:

Did you express ship it? When did you place the order?

kizmah

This truly is a game that needed a photo tool. Such amazing environments and I'm only about 7 hours in. Oh well, I took some off screen myself...

xeno_2.png

xeno_1.png

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, the game does sound fantastic.

When people wonder why I don't want Nintendo to remain in first place, this is one of those reasons. There have been too many Wii games this generation that were denied release in the US and it's really quite irritating.

LProtag

Heh. Well, I'm going to be busy for the next few days so as long as it comes in Wednesday I'll be fine... unless I get a disk read error.

Good luck everyone.

dark10x said:
Man, the game does sound fantastic.

When people wonder why I don't want Nintendo to remain in first place, this is one of those reasons. There have been too many Wii games this generation that were denied release in the US and it's really quite irritating.

Maybe this game wouldn't have been made at all if Nintendo wasn't in first place. Ever think of that? :p

Top Bottom