• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha definitely. For the 740 rp one, we actually had one more person with a half finished blossom dance build. That's how we got it up so high. It was me (Shiori), Kazuki, that guy and a level 31. If you were there instead of the 31 we may have gone higher.
I still need to get blossom dance. I'm currently building affinity with Nagi and I'm at about 2.5 hearts, so soon

what happens when the total rp of a nemesis monster reaches 0, you get rewards or something?
Presumably yes, but they're on a timer and so far it's never gotten near Zero. I think the rp carries over to the next time they show up since I noticed that when I fought it today it finally had less than 8 million. You also get a certain amount of rewards even if the timer runs out based on how much Rp you've taken. I imagine rewards for zero also act similarly

These missions where I have to infiltrate super high level enemy bases will be the death of me. Had to get a drop from one level 19 enemy in a base of levels 40+ which includes turrets with ridiculously huge range of sight. You know the one...

Also (minor tyrant spoilers)
those giant worms that pop out of the ground in Oblivia and Sylvalum made me shit my pants

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Finally beated chapter 6! Yaaaaaaas at more
races and more intrigue, liked that cat race a lot and the Prince seems incredible badass.

Oh, and it seems that the Ares skell is also a plot device related to Elma and maybe Lao? idek

I also managed to finish the Skell License missions too! =3, Didn't watched a guide as I feared since I had all the items, my probes placed, my FrontierNav was on point and already did some quests required and the ones that consumed a little more of time was the one about slaying enemies using certain weapons and the other in Noctilum asking me to defeat 12 bugs.

Excited to pick my Skell but I need to do some errands and I really want to enjoy that moment.

Dendrophilia

There really is a sexual attraction to everything, well I gave her her six plants, she can go buckwild now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
These missions where I have to infiltrate super high level enemy bases will be the death of me. Had to get a drop from one level 19 enemy in a base of levels 40+ which includes turrets with ridiculously huge range of sight. You know the one...

Also (minor tyrant spoilers)
those giant worms that pop out of the ground in Oblivia and Sylvalum made me shit my pants

That shit is scary, I was standing on a cliff in Obilvia at level 20-ish when I saw one of those pop up and I crapped myself.

Zafir

Man searching for rare items has got to be one of the most tedious tasks ever.

Spent ages earlier doing it to complete some areas collectopedia's and now I'm trying to find those things for Mech rank 5. >.<

It's not even because you've gotta find where they drop, I know where they drop it's just, running around picking up random items that may or most likely may not be what you want is so dull.

It's a good thing I've got the B prompt down pretty well. I destroyed my skell like 6 times doing the Spy Games quest and then grinding my low levels guys up with the mobs in that area and didn't lose any insurance tickets.

Man searching for rare items has got to be one of the most tedious tasks ever.

Spent ages earlier doing it to complete some areas collectopedia's and now I'm trying to find those things for Mech rank 5. >.<
There's a beach where they drop pretty frequently. Just got them earlier today. Stymied by the 58 tyrant you have kill, myself.

Zafir

There's a beach where they drop pretty frequently. Just got them earlier today. Stymied by the 58 tyrant you have kill, myself.

Oh, I edited my post to clarify. I know where they are, just it's so boring getting the items. They don't appear very often, hence them being tagged rare, and it just isn't fun running around moving from glowing object to glowing object. :/

I'm on 4/6.

JulianImp

I've finally reached level 50, so had to wait a little while for my frontier nav revenue to bring me over the 2.5 million credits so I could buy my first lv50 skell (a Lailah).

It also looks like some enemy must've dropped a galactic-level SSM-XXR X520SA M-XSniper which is almost like a G-Buster, only ranged and on a 40s cooldown compared to the latter's 60s. I also stumbled upon a magma cave in Primordia that had lots of lv 57 giant enemy crabs, and was able to take them out really easily with that.

Can't wait to try out my new skell, though! It looks like there were several good enemy drops I had gotten while exploring in high-level areas, which is good news since I'm now too poor now to actually afford lv50 skell gear.

Oh, I edited my post to clarify. I know where they are, just it's so boring getting the items. They don't appear very often, hence them being tagged rare, and it just isn't fun running around moving from glowing object to glowing object. :/

I'm on 4/6.
Are you using your skell vehicle to get them? Makes it much faster

Have been playing for 28 hours, just completed Chapter 7, am level 27...and I still don't really know what I am doing.

No idea how Soul Voices work, how to heal myself or teammates during battle, how to best utilize Arts etc. I just seem to brute force myself through everything and luckily you can drop the difficulty after 3 deaths to a boss. There are stretches where everything seems to click and I am cruising but then I will hit a wall where nothing makes sense again. It is frustrating.

And I hate the requirements before each story mission. I gotta grind 2.5 levels just to start the next one? Fuck off, scale it to me instead.

I just want to say that I think IT'S COMPLETE BULLSHIT that other squad members are allowed to steal my co-op missions that I worked my ass off for. In this last run, I single-handedly cleared most of the squad tasks with only a few seconds to spare. I go back to the barracks only to realize that the co-op missions I unlocked have already been taken. BULL. SHIT.

It baffles the mind how such a great game can be marred with such ridiculous design decisions.

When I can, yes. Sometimes I don't because it actually takes longer with Skell due to it aggroing enemies.

I dunno, just don't like the world item system really. Feels outdated.

I think it'd be better if you could get the collectibles other ways, like buy them or as part of your quest rewards for certain quests

Looking for something called "Quegga's gift" in Oblivia at scabland fortress. There is an indicator circle, but no item, (lots of enemies, though, which was lots of fun to clear out... ha... ha... ha...)

Is there a cave under the fortress or something?

e: Answering my own question: there is indeed a cave, approaching from the probe location side.

Time for some tactical stealth action

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Have been playing for 28 hours, just completed Chapter 7, am level 27...and I still don't really know what I am doing.

No idea how Soul Voices work, how to heal myself or teammates during battle, how to best utilize Arts etc. I just seem to brute force myself through everything and luckily you can drop the difficulty after 3 deaths to a boss. There are stretches where everything seems to click and I am cruising but then I will hit a wall where nothing makes sense again. It is frustrating.

And I hate the requirements before each story mission. I gotta grind 2.5 levels just to start the next one? Fuck off, scale it to me instead.
Sounds like you're not even trying to understand how to play the game if you can't comprehend how to use arts effectively. Sorry, but shut it off and sell it; your posts clearly tell you're not having fun.

I just want to say that I think IT'S COMPLETE BULLSHIT that other squad members are allowed to steal my co-op missions that I worked my ass off for. In this last run, I single-handedly cleared most of the squad tasks with only a few seconds to spare. I go back to the barracks only to realize that the co-op missions I unlocked have already been taken. BULL. SHIT.

It baffles the mind how such a great game can be marred with such ridiculous design decisions.
You get a notification if someone is recruiting, so you could just join them unless they do it solo

You get a notification if someone is recruiting, so you could just join them unless they do it solo

I barely get any recruiting notifications, so I have no idea what they're doing with these missions, but it's still bullshit. Even if I were invited, if the lobby were to fill up, I wouldn't be able to join. They should just be unlocked for everyone, not first come first serve. Imagine if Monster Hunter worked that way, it would be a disaster!

Zafir

I'm at an utter loss on where Solan is in Ishmael Hills, I've searched high and low during Evening and he's no where to be seen. :| Am I missing something here?

I think it'd be better if you could get the collectibles other ways, like buy them or as part of your quest rewards for certain quests
Yeah, or honestly I wish you could maybe see an icon for the item instead of just the glow. At least then you don't have to waste your time going to every point in hope of it.

Edit: Nvm found him, he wasn't in Ishmael Hills, internet was wrong. :|

Just reached level 30 and in the mood to buy a lvl 30 skell.

Any recommendations?
Can't go wrong with the Heavy Skells, especially since a lighter one I tried didn't seem to attack any faster than a Heavy Skell could.

That and I think that the Heavy Skells actually look better.

Haha definitely. For the 740 rp one, we actually had one more person with a half finished blossom dance build. That's how we got it up so high. It was me (Shiori), Kazuki, that guy and a level 31. If you were there instead of the 31 we may have gone higher.

Ohhh, you're that Shiori guy. The guy with the half finished build would've been me (Charlie). Those were some great runs we did.
I've been meaning to get some potential XX augments but i've been spending too much time raising all the party member's affinity and trying to get an electromagnetic storm to trigger....
On the brightside my overall completion is now 96.55%

-Horizon-

I feel like I missed reading a part in the manual or something so I'm just gonna ask. 2 questions: if I lock onto one enemy, how do I target another enemy? I managed to do that once but forgot how lol
Another thing, how do I target a specific appendage? I feel like my target reticle is just flip flopping all over the place

This is weird to ask after all this time >.>

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel like I missed reading a part in the manual or something so I'm just gonna ask. 2 questions: if I lock onto one enemy, how do I target another enemy? I managed to do that once but forgot how lol
Another thing, how do I target a specific appendage? I feel like my target reticle is just flip flopping all over the place

Hold L and hit Y or A, that'll let you shift lock on targets.

To stay targeting a body part you just need to click the right joystick when it's targeted.

R00bot

Hold R and press Y to toggle lock left and A to go right.

Lock automatically goes to the closest appendage.

R + Y to switch targets. For appendage, I just move around and look at where I want to target until the reticle shows up there then click the right control stick to lock it in place.

george_us

Just north of FN107 in Primordia at night there are 3 level 60 enemies that can be taken down fairly easily with a team of level 30 skells.

They give you 9999 XP if you're in the 30-40 range. Great place to power level your less-used squad members.
I'm going to have to try this. Thanks!

-Horizon-

Hold L and hit Y or A, that'll let you shift lock on targets.

To stay targeting a body part you just need to click the right joystick when it's targeted.

Hold R and press Y to toggle lock left and A to go right.

Lock automatically goes to the closest appendage.

R + Y to switch targets. For appendage, I just move around and look at where I want to target until the reticle shows up there then click the right control stick to lock it in place.
Thanks all :)

Evilkazz

Banned
I swear, in the post game all you ever spend your money on is fancy costumes and the occasional Skell (if you dont want to grind for other skells).
Not that this is a problem.

koJBWDk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom