• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandangox

Whats the best spot to grind to lvl 60? I have been killing the lvl 60 Zigs bear the Southwestern coast of Sylvanum, they give about 1000 EXP at lvl 56 and they die very quickly with two level 50 skells. Can also be done with 4 lvl 30 Skells easily. I still assume there's a faster spot though.

This game frustrates me so much. Can someone tell me the fastest way to make money and miranium? I already know about mining and research probes, but if that's the fastest way, I wanna reference a map that's charted with a lucrative layout.

I really want level 50 skells but I need more miranium to upgrade the Sakuaba AM so that I can unlock the level 50 skells, and I need more money for those skells. Someone please help me.

Gotchaye

This game frustrates me so much. Can someone tell me the fastest way to make money and miranium? I already know about mining and research probes, but if that's the fastest way, I wanna reference a map that's charted with a lucrative layout.

I really want level 50 skells but I need more miranium to upgrade the Sakuaba AM so that I can unlock the level 50 skells, and I need more money for those skells. Someone please help me.

Just probes. You want to plant as many data probes as possible.

Miranium is generally not hard to get. You should have a ton of mining probes from mechanical ruins. You just lay them down in linked chains in regions with high productivity. Usually it's no problem hitting your storage cap unless you're setting up your network specifically to maximize storage.

You get cash by putting research probes on nodes where you've discovered Sightseeing Spots. Don't pay attention to the actual letter grade nodes have for money.

You get lots of cash by putting Duplicators on nodes at intersections where you've discovered Sightseeing Spots where adjacent nodes also have Sightseeing Spots (and you put research probes on those). Put Boosters next to them. There's a 4-way intersection in Oblivia that's great for this, but I don't know if you need flight to get the spots. Your second-best option pre-Cauldros is going to be in lower Noctilim.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I just got to chapter 12... wondering if I should do a boat load of side quests or attempt to beat the game. I'm level 50 with my main cast and have a decked out level 50 skell.

Just like me. (I was 52 with lvl 50 smells decked with farmed orange g-busters and Phoenix). No problems getting to this stage, but I didn't realize how much I relied on my skells. Time to work on my ground game.

Just probes. You want to plant as many data probes as possible.

Miranium is generally not hard to get. You should have a ton of mining probes from mechanical ruins. You just lay them down in linked chains in regions with high productivity. Usually it's no problem hitting your storage cap unless you're setting up your network specifically to maximize storage.

You get cash by putting research probes on nodes where you've discovered Sightseeing Spots. Don't pay attention to the actual letter grade nodes have for money.

You get lots of cash by putting Duplicators on nodes at intersections where you've discovered Sightseeing Spots where adjacent nodes also have Sightseeing Spots (and you put research probes on those). Put Boosters next to them. There's a 4-way intersection in Oblivia that's great for this, but I don't know if you need flight to get the spots. Your second-best option pre-Cauldros is going to be in lower Noctilim.

This was very helpful. Thank you! I did not know you could ignore the revenue grade for sightseeing spots, nor did I know about putting duplicator probes on nodes that intersect with it from adjacent sides. I'll definitely try this strategy and place boosters by those duplicators.

The mining probes are still a pain because there are many different levels, but not many levels can chain. Still, I'll do my best with them.

I actually really like Lin and her voice acting is pretty damn good. But I just...

I don't understand why they made her 13. She doesn't look 13. She doesn't act 13. Nothing in the plot is attached to her age as her being super accomplished would be impressive at, say, age 18. Her being 13 is completely and utterly unnecessary. The game is helped not a single bit by her being 13.

And I watch a lot of anime and play a lot of jRPGS so I'm used to the fat-titted super mature 8 year olds and bullshit like that but in this game it's just SO INCREDIBLY out of place.

I was fine pretending she was older until she said she was 13 then I just sorta...put her in Heavy Armor and never took it off.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually really like Lin and her voice acting is pretty damn good. But I just...

I don't understand why they made her 13. She doesn't look 13. She doesn't act 13. Nothing in the plot is attached to her age as her being super accomplished would be impressive at, say, age 18. Her being 13 is completely and utterly unnecessary. The game is helped not a single bit by her being 13.

And I watch a lot of anime and play a lot of jRPGS so I'm used to the fat-titted super mature 8 year olds and bullshit like that but in this game it's just SO INCREDIBLY out of place.

I was fine pretending she was older until she said she was 13 then I just sorta...put her in Heavy Armor and never took it off.

I'm a little surprised Treehouse didn't just tack on 5 years myself seeing as how it would be such an inconsequential change.

Malus

Duuuude Cauldros is amazing. It's awesome how many of the lv 50+ enemies I can squeeze my way by.

After seeing a lot of each continent I'd rank them:

1) Noctilum
2) Primordia
3) Cauldros
4) Sylvalum
5) Oblivia

And I still really like Oblivia.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm kind of annoyed that enemies will follow you stupidly long distances before giving up. No! I don't want to fight you, I'm trying to go explore some shit!/collect items.

For the last ten hours my key, battle-winning art has been sitting at level 1. I never even thought to check it as I gleefully spent my upgrade points elsewhere.

...Dammit.

Wow! Intense online mission.

Only one person below my level joined me. Life hold squad. The mission sync was above my level but the minimum was below.

Luckily only needed one retry and the other person 2. Been waiting three m in on new mission. Probably going to just take my party in.

Golnei

I'm kind of annoyed that enemies will follow you stupidly long distances before giving up. No! I don't want to fight you, I'm trying to go explore some shit!/collect items.

I guess that's one of the side-effects of balancing enemy attack radii around Skells. If they only followed you similar distances to the first game, it'd break as soon as you got access to a Skell, and if they altered it based on whether you were on foot or in a Skell, it'd be open for exploitation.

I'm a little surprised Treehouse didn't just tack on 5 years myself seeing as how it would be such an inconsequential change.

Same here - she doesn't come across as 13 at all. Not in terms of the whole child prodigy thing, but how she's written and performed - it'd fit in a lot better if she were an older teenager. But if they weren't able to actually justify changing her age, I am glad they went in this direction instead of actually making her sound 13 - that would have been insufferable.

Also why is the fast travel system so arbitrary? There will be four locations right next to each fucking other and then a place with multiple characters and quests will have the closest one 3 hexes away. The fast travel system isn't particularly convenient in this game...

Golnei

Is there any way to increase the font size in this game? My eyes are killing me.

No, and it's not being fixed in a patch, either. However, if it's any consolation, Monolith issued a statement after the Japanese version released that they were aware of the issue and will try to avoid it in their next game.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Same here - she doesn't come across as 13 at all. Not in terms of the whole child prodigy thing, but how she's written and performed - it'd fit in a lot better if she were an older teenager. But if they weren't able to actually justify changing her age, I am glad they went in this direction instead of actually making her sound 13 - that would have been insufferable.

Agreed. It could be that Monolithsoft already has a sequel plotted out and the age change wouldn't fit. I really liked her a lot more than I thought I would.

Some Nobody

You guys. The music on Sylvalum. I, wasn't ready. The game's music is incredibly solid to begin with, but when I swam there to do Alexa's mission, I just...wow. Almost shed a tear.

Loving this game overall, tho. Can't stop playing.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Maxed all the arms manufacturers so I can finally get orange mother God gear. Hopefully that's enough for ch12 as it looks to be around 1.5m per party member.

ARRdM7T.jpg

Oh, man.

Insaniac

So how do you get higher level skells? I bought a level 30 skell, but my character is a level 43 sniper and destroys enemies much quicker than in my skell..

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So how do you get higher level skells? I bought a level 30 skell, but my character is a level 43 sniper and destroys enemies much quicker than in my skell..

Just hit level 50 and you can buy lvl50 skells, there's also lvl60 ones. I have the same problem at this point, I'm using a hybrid class, but you still need the skells to fight certain enemies.

Also kinda wish the boob slider was still in. I actually wanted to, amusingly, go with a smaller chest for my character cause in Light Wear I think she'd look better if she was flatter.

Golnei

Also kinda wish the boob slider was still in. I actually wanted to, amusingly, go with a smaller chest for my character cause in Light Wear I think she'd look better if she was flatter.

I would have done the same thing - for my avatar, the default chest size doesn't look right in anything other than heavier armour - even the Combat Corpus I'm sticking with at the moment looks a little off.

But ideally, there'd have been more build options than just height and bust - the potential for more variance in proportions would also have helped the party members be more visually distinct. And if there were a butt slider, I might have picked the male avatar...

ScribbleD

Couple questions before my copy arrives:

1) Are the side quests any good?
2) Are the side quests necessary to get enough xp/resources to keep up with the critical path?
3) How long is the critical path alone?

When do you have to pay to repair skells? My squad has lost their skells countless time and I've yet to pay a cent to get them back. I'm confused, not that I'm complaining but I would like to know what's going on.
Only when insurance count reaches 0 do you have to pay for every destruction after that. AI partners will always eject perfectly which does not use insurance up (but you need 1 insurance or more here). The short of it is if you never want to pay, give your team mates your Skell once you reach 1 insurance

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188960285&postcount=11451
Do note you'll need the sightseeings spots found in Oblivia to make that kind of money.

Apply a similar concept to Cauldros later on (duplicator on sightseeing location with 4 connecting nodes, surround with booster and research). Miranium is nothing special and you tend to reach the storage cap without really trying hard (if you explore enough you'll have way more probes than spots to put them on) because the game is such a pain with giving you enough storage probes. Post-game it wants you
to be able to store 100k miranium but I think having all the storage probes in the game isn't enough for that.

Well (chapter 5 spoilers)
I'm guessing mimeosome bodies can't age (an NPC implies they're not meant for long term use and will need maintenance...but at the same time they were made because they didn't know how long it would take to find a suitable planet so needed something that could last longer...make up your mind, game) meaning she has lived 15 Earth years ( oh god having typed that up it just sounds wrong...at least she isn't a 900 year old Dragon ). Also there is nobody of her age on the ship.

You want better gear to see their real power and possibly some augments (most slayers are not hard to make though the Skell versions cost more materials but they're easy materials to find). I wrote a hunting guide for 2 particularly good pieces:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189352676&postcount=14383
Apart from that sounds like you've got a good foot build and that will still serve you well.

Chapter 11 Spoiler:
It was awkward to talk about Irina reckless/suicidal tendencies when she is just right behind me...
Thanks for this. I was wondering (chapter 11)
what happened if you had those characters in your party as the game usually restricts those.

Golnei

Well (chapter 5 spoilers)
I'm guessing mimeosome bodies can't age (an NPC implies they're not meant for long term use and will need maintenance...but at the same time they were made because they didn't know how long it would take to find a suitable planet so needed something that could last longer...make up your mind, game) meaning she has lived 15 Earth years ( oh god having typed that up it just sounds wrong...at least she isn't a 900 year old Dragon ). Also there is nobody of her age on the ship.

I was under the impression the characters' ages took the two years into account - so she would have been 11 when they left Earth. Is it stated anywhere that the given ages were for when their real bodies entered stasis?

Fandangox

For what is worth (Abojt Lyn's) Post-chapter 5 and Late Side Quest Spoilers:
There's two NPCs and old man and a young man who are father and son. At the end is revealed that the young man is actually the old guy's dad. he chose a younger mim body, but he says he is 78. Also Lyn says she is 13 "Inside and out" Probably refering to her Mim's appareance and her actual age.

TheMoon

Have been playing for 28 hours, just completed Chapter 7, am level 27...and I still don't really know what I am doing.

No idea how Soul Voices work, how to heal myself or teammates during battle, how to best utilize Arts etc. I just seem to brute force myself through everything and luckily you can drop the difficulty after 3 deaths to a boss. There are stretches where everything seems to click and I am cruising but then I will hit a wall where nothing makes sense again. It is frustrating.

And I hate the requirements before each story mission. I gotta grind 2.5 levels just to start the next one? Fuck off, scale it to me instead.

How about you read the tips in the OP (there are links to posts by people who explained all those things in detail) or the manual or watch the survival guide videos. You know, put it some effort instead of mindlessly brute forcing your way through something and complaining you "don't get it." Don't be lazy.

So for some reason I'm offline now, how do I get back online? I need to get those Reward Tickets :p

Save, quit to title screen, continue.

Couple questions before my copy arrives:

1) Are the side quests any good?
2) Are the side quests necessary to get enough xp/resources to keep up with the critical path?
3) How long is the critical path alone?

Read OP. All of that is answered in the FAQ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom