• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

exfatal

Not seeing the art in the buying menue is some huge oversight, yes.
You can however see the level of the skell (which is the minimum level the character has to have to ride it, and the maximum weapon level the skell can equip) under its name IIRC.

Umm if u press L or R cant u view the art the weapon will give you? thats what i've been doing IIRC

Ridley327

fuck, good thing I didn't save D:

FWIW, I don't believe she shows up again if you save her, but there's quite a bit more to do with the plant. It's quite the hotbed of strange activity!

BTW, I think Herbivores, Unite! might be the funniest quest I've done so far. Soooooooooooooooooo unexpected.

R00bot

I chose to
tell her to stay, just because her going off on her own out of my view sounded like a bad idea. She lives if you do that because you'll find out that water activates the parasite/egg things into transforming the infected host.

shit mayn I was just hoping for a hot shower scene I didn't want anyone to die

NeonZ

FWIW, I don't believe she shows up again if you save her, but there's quite a bit more to do with the plant. It's quite the hotbed of strange activity!

I haven't really seen her again either, but her friend/rival and a couple of nameless npcs mention how she's recovering.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

BTW, I think Herbivores, Unite! might be the funniest quest I've done so far. Soooooooooooooooooo unexpected.

I chose to
tell her to stay, just because her going off on her own out of my view sounded like a bad idea. She lives if you do that because you'll find out that water activates the parasite/egg things into transforming the infected host.
I just wanted the extra affinity points mayne D:
shit mayn I was just hoping for a hot shower scene I didn't want anyone to die
Right?

Pineconn

You're bound to kill someone off by accident eventually.

I'm pissed that I killed
Mikkal
in the Ackwar/
pizza shop owner
mission. At least, I assume I was able to save him by
not giving him the pizza
but maybe not.

Where's the tyrant for the Mechanical lvl 5 quest? I can't find it anywhere. D= Can you guys give me a vague location as opposed to telling me exactly where? I still like the thrill of finding things, but I don't really like looking through a whole continent twice. T_T

Where's the tyrant for the Mechanical lvl 5 quest? I can't find it anywhere. D= Can you guys give me a vague location as opposed to telling me exactly where? I still like the thrill of finding things, but I don't really like looking through a whole continent twice. T_T
Just a note, but it doesn't always appear. Sometimes you'll get a green something galdr instead of Layla's galdr

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

5-7AM on the cliffs north of the giant globe in Sylvalum.

Herbivores unite was hilarious

Zafir

You still get those quests
even if you don't save her as far as I can see.

Ridley327

You still get those quests
even if you don't save her as far as I can see.

I figured as much, since
her survival or death really wouldn't change much, outside of maybe the one Affinity bond you can forge with an Orphe looking to honor the person responsible for creating the plant later on.

El Odio

Banned
Rock is supposed to be a kid for his species, so a younger-sounding voice is appropriate.
Okay, that makes more sense.

Those water purification plant quests though...
I knew exactly things were going after they had you find all the cocoons outside in the main plant area. No way I was letting that chick outta my sight after that.

Does anyone know if there's like a flowchart or anything of how to continue that questline? I had done another quest for one of the Orphean that involved developing an automated defense system for the plant and now Rosie says she's ready to go and do some work there but nothing seems to be advancing.

Ridley327

Just a note, but it doesn't always appear. Sometimes you'll get a green something galdr instead of Layla's galdr

You can actually scam that one by moving away to a different area quickly, and it'll reset the enemy so that it can become the target Tyrant. I really would like to take it down for that sweet, sweet level 5 Mechanical skill, but I feel like I need to get a fourth member higher level before attempting it.

You can actually scam that one by moving away to a different area quickly, and it'll reset the enemy so that it can become the target Tyrant. I really would like to take it down for that sweet, sweet level 5 Mechanical skill, but I feel like I need to get a fourth member higher level before attempting it.
I'm aware. I used a team of level 30 Skells to beat it personally

Ridley327

I'm aware. I used a team of level 30 Skells to beat it personally

Yeah, it's not so much the Skells I'm worried about, as much as making sure I have a contingency in place in case a Skell gets wrecked. The individual enemy mechs really aren't too bad on their own, and I've honestly had more troubles with pugiliths, but you can never be too cautious in this game.

So let me get this straight Yggralith Zero is also an Ultrafauna, is level 60 and does DoT. I guess I've missed the reward ticket boat as it sounds like it will be harder to get required tickets from compared to Telethia. Though maybe this is balanced by the fact it gives one of the items needed for a certain post game skell?

What's the best way to farm for reward tickets? I think I'm just going straight to the ares-90 but that twins time attack is impossible for me to beat so I'm just gonna farm the tickets.
Scouting 3 characters and maxing their level (scouts have a special EXP meter which is 3 levels) can bring in 3 medals and some tickets depending on their character level (15 tickets if level 60).

Reading up however, you need to use Global Nemesis to really bring the tickets in (so scouting is just for medals to do this with). You do something like break all of its appendages then emergency exit out and then trade appendages for tickets.

In the case of the Telethia you can get 7 appendages per run:
Left Wing / Right Wing, both TWICE
Head
Tail
Lower Body

Where is the best place to get Qmoeva Capacitors in Oblivia?
Other regions have lower leveled enemies that drop those. Check out the spreadsheet in the OP. It also gives some FN sites. You'll have to learn yourself which has best enemy density etc.

I did so much derp side quest trying to get affinity up on my team and playing around with my level 30 skell I got cross up to 36 before starting chapter 7 :X Just finished chapter 8 still only have my starting skell and my level 30 phoenix but so little has been a threat to me that isn't level 50+ I haven't felt the need to but more.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, it's not so much the Skells I'm worried about, as much as making sure I have a contingency in place in case a Skell gets wrecked. The individual enemy mechs really aren't too bad on their own, and I've honestly had more troubles with pugiliths, but you can never be too cautious in this game.

Beam weapons. They do extra damage to mech enemies, if you load up on beam weapons for the fight it'll be over before that's an issue. You'll be able to kill it fast and run away faster.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I was playing earlier and this was a cool little moment. On the floating island in Oblivia I could see the light from the BLADE tower in the distance.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fmksc.jpg

Ridley327

It feels like I've posted some form of that on every page in this thread :lol

For some reason not many people put that together

I just figured that since it's a robot that it would have the same weakness to electric weapons, but that actually makes more sense that mechs would have a different weakness.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just figured that since it's a robot that it would have the same weakness to electric weapons, but that actually makes more sense that mechs would have a different weakness.

I've never actually tried electric weapons against them, they might be just as good. I just saw that my beam swords were doing a shit ton of damage more than everything else and started experimenting with other slots.

fred

My Mum is giving me Xenoblade Chronicles X for Christmas tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to be patient enough to wait until Christmas Day though lol.

Is flight on a skell a game changer? I think after recruiting the two new characters available post chapter 8 I'm gonna rush chapter 9 and rush the skell flight mission.

Mistle

Chapter 9 was pretty tough!

Just got my flight module. Oh man! 60hrs in and the game gets even more impressive.

What's the best way to make money? Just blew all mine (literally) on lvl 35 gear haha. I make about 30k through my probes..

rhandino

Banned
Finally beated chapter 6! Yaaaaaaas at more
races and more intrigue, liked that cat race a lot and the Prince seems incredible badass.

Oh, and it seems that the Ares skell is also a plot device related to Elma and maybe Lao? idek

I also managed to finish the Skell License missions too! =3, Didn't watched a guide as I feared since I had all the items, my probes placed, my FrontierNav was on point and already did some quests required and the ones that consumed a little more of time was the one about slaying enemies using certain weapons and the other in Noctilum asking me to defeat 12 bugs.

Excited to pick my Skell but I need to do some errands and I really want to enjoy that moment.

Is there a word for people sexually attracted to plants, cause I think sulivan is one
Dendrophilia

rp = ?

I joined a random squad for the level 30 Telethia mission, the other 2 players had high level Skells so I thought "this should be easy".

nein, utterly destroyed.
Rp means hp bars. Each global nemesis has several million rp total that's decreased by one server wide each time anyone takes out an hp bar

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Amazing. Once I'm home I'll probably try scouting one guy so I can try against yggdralith

Haha definitely. For the 740 rp one, we actually had one more person with a half finished blossom dance build. That's how we got it up so high. It was me (Shiori), Kazuki, that guy and a level 31. If you were there instead of the 31 we may have gone higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom