• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Branson

So should I be leveling anyone else up? I've been using Lao, Elma, and Lin mostly the whole game. I don't want to screw myself out of something or anything in the end game. Is L pretty good? I'm a striker and Lao really uses some skills I have. We are level 20.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So should I be leveling anyone else up? I've been using Lao, Elma, and Lin mostly the whole game. I don't want to screw myself out of something or anything in the end game. Is L pretty good? I'm a striker and Lao really uses some skills I have. We are level 20.

Gwin needs to be at 1 heart by the end, so use him for a bit.

You need at least 1 affinity with
Lao
and
Gwyn
to finish the game, but after that the only characters you are required to level up are Elma and Lin since they are forced for nearly every story and affinity mission- your 4th character can be pretty much whoever you want if the mission lets you pick a 4th, including scouting other players' avatars.

Malus

Aaaaaaaaaand that's all heart to hearts done :'(

Favorites would be Yelv, H.B., Mia, Murderess, Phog, and Boze in no particular order.

So...Yelv.
What exactly is his deal? He's got some kinda big backstory going on.

Branson

Gwin needs to be at 1 heart by the end, so use him for a bit.

You need at least 1 affinity with
Lao
and
Gwyn
to finish the game, but after that the only characters you are required to level up are Elma and Lin since they are forced for nearly every story and affinity mission- your 4th character can be pretty much whoever you want if the mission lets you pick a 4th, including scouting other players' avatars.

Cool good to know. I'll use Gwyn a bit.

It's especially painful to change classes to one you want to level up and then go in an online mission and realize you forgot to set your Passive Skills.

99% completion!

All that is left is:

Primordia: Lucial, the Eternal
Oblivia: Gradivus, the Headless Emperor
Noctilum: Buchwald, the Guardian and Telethia, the Endbringer
Sylvalum: Ignit, the Ultimate Chaos and Luxaar's Xern

Plus I still have a quest with an optional objective to
kill the Telethia
so I'm hanging onto that for now.

Time to grind augments then @_____@

Vena

flop!

I hope it can pull 500k by the end of the year, at least. 1 million WW seems imposible now.

It should be 500k WW soon lol

Let me double check, does anyone have the Japanese Volkampf numbers? This is what I remember (though I know the sales are correct until we get an end-of-year update for titles that were below-Top 20 on the trackers, I don't think there was ever another update on digital sales in Japan after the first week).
Japan:
[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X - 88,544/110,727
[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X (Digital) - 22,805
[VOL] Xenoblade Chronicles X - ~112,000(?)

West:
[VOL] Xenoblade Chronicles X - ~280,000

squadr0n

Is there a guide for the Probes. As in which probe to use where? Also which mats are ok to sell lol? Theres like 4 different sections of junk that I have no idea what there purposes are accept to craft things.

Finally starting to understand the main flow of the game. Cannot wait for my Skell!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Is there a guide for the Probes. As in which probe to use where? Also which mats are ok to sell lol? Theres like 4 different sections of junk that I have no idea what there purposes are accept to craft things.

Finally starting to understand the main flow of the game. Cannot wait for my Skell!

There is a guide for probes in the OP.

And the general rule of thumb is to never sell anything. youll earn money along the way from quests and probes, there's no point in investing any time in item management or cleaning up your inventory.... Just never worry about it. It's not a thing in this game like it is innothers.

Let me double check, does anyone have the Japanese Volkampf numbers? This is what I remember (though I know the sales are correct until we get an end-of-year update for titles that were below-Top 20 on the trackers, I don't think there was ever another update on digital sales in Japan after the first week).

being consistent with trackers:

Japan (through May 24): 03.[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X {2015.4.29} - 129,501 | Retail: 106,696; Digital: 22,805 (Volkampf kills: ~115k as of...early December? idk you figure out the timeframe being referred to here)

Did someone ask for a probe guide?

Here's a probe guide, although the thing about the storage cap is not right at all lol

And the general rule of thumb is to never sell anything
Eh. As you get higher level most armor and weapons you get as drops are essentially junk, so you need to sell those to keep them from cluttering your inventory.

Vena

being consistent with trackers:

Japan (through May 24): 03.[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X {2015.4.29} - 129,501 | Retail: 106,696; Digital: 22,805 (Volkampf kills: ~115k as of...early December? idk you figure out the timeframe being referred to here)

We'll just go with 130k/115k Volkampf, or about 12%.

280k at a similar ratio (/shrug) would give us ~34k.

Add it all up, and we get ~444k.

I made a terrible mistake
I should have destroyed Fortun. Not only do I not get a more interesting quest after it but now I'm sure I've locked myself out of Mia for the time being since I'm only at level 47.

Falcs

Banned
Is there any way at all to make a back up of your save game?? I'd hate for something to happen to my Wii U, or for my save to become corrupted or something.
I've put in 65 hours so far, and I'm only just finished chapter 6 and only just got my lvl 30 Skell. So much to go still.

Regarding
Definian Downfall, is it possible to complete despite being underleveled ( My MC is 47) or do I have to have to the grind fields? If I have to grind, what's the best area to do so quickly?

Regarding
Definian Downfall, is it possible to complete despite being underleveled ( My MC is 47) or do I have to have to the grind fields? If I have to grind, what's the best area to do so quickly?

The boss of that quest will fuck you up at that level.

I did it at level 60 in the postgame.

-Horizon-

Trying to finish up the tobias mission but that bellower tyrant and its super jump attack yo
Level 39 my butt, should be like 50 :/

Pokemaniac

I made a terrible mistake
I should have destroyed Fortun. Not only do I not get a more interesting quest after it but now I'm sure I've locked myself out of Mia for the time being since I'm only at level 47.

I'm pretty sure that part of the quest is identical no matter which path you choose. Pretty sure the main difference is actually just an extra bit at the beginning.

NPC text boxes preventing item descriptions of treasure deals I participate in is infuriating, making me manually check what I just got.

Post-game item:
Just got a Bewitched Glaive: Receding Rust off of Treasure Deal :D

Does choosing to look the other way/report Roselle have any significant consequences? (She's the one who wants to use the voltage guy for money).

Vena

Off to the grind it is. Guess
Mia is a no go until later on.

Guess while I'm asking stuff, what level would be best for the final chapter.

Regarding

Just get high beam resistance, that's her damage. You don't need to grind. Have a high def tank otherwise to hold aggro.

Renewed

Tried fighting Pharsis on foot with reflect... I wasn't doing nearly enough damage to end the last phase quickly. Went on for a good 30 minutes until I got to the second chest part...

Where can you find a bunch of Milsaadi?

Need a ton of red hoods for ether resist augments to take on the Telethia.

FN512 and jump over the wall to take out all those Milsaadi. A good 7-8 within range of you and you can just return to Skell to respawn them.

random25

Regarding

You can alternatively stack up augments for the fight if you are having problems with the boss. I did it at level 49, so it's not that far off. Just have tons of beam resistance, mechanoid slayers and one good overdrive build.

FN512 and jump over the wall to take out all those Milsaadi. A good 7-8 within range of you and you can just return to Skell to respawn them.

Thank you so much! Thought I'd have to fight like 2 of them at the back of a cave or something.

All 20 hoods aquired ;D

YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME MANY DAYS AGO

DONT WORRY ABOUT THOSE THINGS ITS NOT YOUR FAULT

OVER THE RAINBOWWWWW THERES A GLORIOUS SIGHT

Every fucking cheesy song in this game has invaded my brain and refuse to leave

Feltrol

Banned
YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME MANY DAYS AGO

DONT WORRY ABOUT THOSE THINGS ITS NOT YOUR FAULT

OVER THE RAINBOWWWWW THERES A GLORIOUS SIGHT

Every fucking cheesy song in this game has invaded my brain and refuse to leave

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE, IT'S ALRIGHT!

Talking about future... do you guys thing we might be getting a sequel? I've heard that sales weren't so good in Japan, and I don't know how weill it's doing over here at NA.

I didn't expect this game to be good at first. I mean, I thought it was another trash game. After playing for over 65 hours, I can say that I've loved every bit of it and I SERIOUSLY want the series to continue.

Those lyrics aren't in order nerd :p

WERE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET

A LOT MORE THAN WE CAN MANAGE

BLACK TAR IT GETS YOU WHEREVER YOU GOOOO

Talking about future... do you guys thing we might be getting a sequel? I've heard that sales weren't so good in Japan, and I don't know how weill it's doing over here at NA.

I didn't expect this game to be good at first. I mean, I thought it was another trash game. After playing for over 65 hours, I can say that I've loved every bit of it and I SERIOUSLY want the series to continue.

I really hope we get XCX-2 on the NX. Only thing I want more than a sequel is a new Metroid Prime (Zelda will happen anyways). Regardless, I cant wait to see MonolithSoft's next title. This was my first MS game and I've become a huge fan.

If there is a sequel, it'll probably be very asset re-use heavy in order to get it greenlit.

Man (post-game weapon drop)
the Receding Rust definitely needs a TP Arts augment, especially since it only has 1 natural gain.

Yep. I'm using it for my ether blossom dance build and had to get a Arts: Gain TP augment just to actually build TP like normal. I'd get another one, but I love my Melee Attack Up augments too much. Unfortunately, I think I may have hit a damage output soft cap, because I just added another Melee Attack Up augment and my damage output is exactly the same as before.

Vena

Yep. I'm using it for my ether blossom dance build and had to get a Arts: Gain TP augment just to actually build TP like normal. I'd get another one, but I love my Melee Attack Up augments too much. Unfortunately, I think I may have hit a damage output soft cap, because I just added another Melee Attack Up augment and my damage output is exactly the same as before.

All boosts cap at 100%, so check if its not that.

I'm pretty sure that part of the quest is identical no matter which path you choose. Pretty sure the main difference is actually just an extra bit at the beginning.

It's about the quest after that actually.
Basically one involves Fortun and the other deals with two Definian's. The Definian quest sounds more interesting.

You can alternatively stack up augments for the fight if you are having problems with the boss. I did it at level 49, so it's not that far off. Just have tons of beam resistance, mechanoid slayers and one good overdrive build.

I'm still at the part where
I need to find the three keys to get past the 3rd mirror.
It is useful info for when It's time to deal with that but not what I need ATM.

Whoa whoa whoa hold up a minute.

I just read that Gradivus isn't needed for segment completion. Where's the other tyrant in that area?

Only have that and Telethia left.

Malus

230 hours in...oh hey new area discovered.

Sato Headwater is a pretty cool cave.

Just 6 normal missions left to find.

Is there any easier way to get these savage sketches? I've been spawning at the east beach over and over and in at least 200 items I've only got one so far, still 5 to go.

Top Bottom