• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Woo! Hit level 30 finally. Bought a nice ass level 30 skell. Now maybe I can finally take advantage of killing high level monsters. What high level weapons can I try and farm to get at this point? Or too weak still? I heard some talk of a .... G-Buster? Homura?

Woo! Hit level 30 finally. Bought a nice ass level 30 skell. Now maybe I can finally take advantage of killing high level monsters. What high level weapons can I try and farm to get at this point? Or too weak still? I heard some talk of a .... G-Buster? Homura?

G-Buster is pretty powerful, I found a Homura somewhere and it kicks ass so hard. Lv 30 skells can get you through the story and with a good setup should be able to kill monster heading toward lv 60, but remember that some enemies are tougher than their lvl eludes to and that doesn't just go for tyrants.

G-Buster is pretty powerful, I found a Homura somewhere and it kicks ass so hard. Lv 30 skells can get you through the story and with a good setup should be able to kill monster heading toward lv 60, but remember that some enemies are tougher than their lvl eludes to and that doesn't just go for tyrants.

If the enemy is small enough, no matter how high level they are you can just continually run them over ;)

Jims

Goddamnit, I hate every single thing about the final boss. I hate what it is, what it has to do with the story, the attack patterns, and its cheapness at the last 1/8th of its health. I have never seen a boss so repeatedly and consistently kill me right before it's over. Like, as in, "5 more seconds and the game is beaten" over. I've seen the tiniest sliver of that health bar 5 or 6 times now.

Screw it. I've gone this far, I'm not going to easy mode. I'm beating this some other night.

Vena

You're just going to roll over that chapter at this point.

This is one of the few games of recent memory that lets you go into story-mode boss battles as the "big guy" in somewhat comical ways and results. Those poor, poor bosses.

El Odio

Banned
I regret putting off most early affinity missions off until now. It's pitifully easy completing them since it just amounts to basically one-shotting all the required enemies for each one.
Phog and Frye seem pretty interesting though now that I finally recruited them. Gotta lotta grinding to do now.

Golnei

IMO I think the game expects you to have level 50 Skells at that point, which is probably how most people have so much trouble with the latest chapters.

This is just as subjective, but I found that Chapter 10 and 11 seemed to be balanced with Level 30 Skells in mind -
Zu Pharg
is a little confronting if you aren't set up correctly, but a few beam weapons and Mechanoid Slayer make it reasonable enough, even with no augments or additional skills. They probably expect you to have at least one Level 50 Skell for Chapter 12, but even one would completely trivialise earlier chapters - being over level 50 would probably make Chapter 11's ground sections too easy, as well.

Renewed

This is just as subjective, but I found that Chapter 10 and 11 seemed to be balanced with Level 30 Skells in mind -
Zu Pharg
is a little confronting if you aren't set up correctly, but a few beam weapons and Mechanoid Slayer make it reasonable enough, even with no augments or additional skills. They probably expect you to have at least one Level 50 Skell for Chapter 12, but even one would completely trivialise earlier chapters - being over level 50 would probably make Chapter 11's ground sections too easy, as well.

I remember doing chapter 11 with level 30 Skells since I was still only level 43 or so. During the second phase my Skell was destroyed so I just went all out and annihilated the boss. Similar case for the last chapter.

Had to use AoE multi-hitting arts like with Gatling Gun on the mob. Luckily I had some beam and electric resist XX on hand.

When I start my new run I want to see how a level 50 Skell would make it. It's all a distant memory now.

Zu Pharg

The cooldowns on Skell arts are so long that it didn't really allow my Level 50 Skell to break
Zu Pharg
, and the gap in power between Level 30 and Level 50 Skells are fairly small compared to first getting 30 Skells.

Of course properly set up Level 30 Skells will do a great job, but most first time players won't have that knowledge unless they studied the game mechanics thouroughly before playing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
IMO I think the game expects you to have level 50 Skells at that point, which is probably how most people have so much trouble with the latest chapters.

Not really, I beat that fight pretty comfortably with level 30 skells. I didn't have level 50 ones until the final chapter and I rolled that one.

Got the telethia to phase 3 but just couldn't last long enough to get through his mind read, had my cannon off cooldown ready to blast him too :'(

Think I'm going to have to grind some evasion augments and try again.

ika

Soraya Saga just RT a new MonolithSoft recruit petition, this time for 3D designers I believe...

Exciting times :D

https://twitter.com/MONOLITHSOFT/status/686794868719353856

[東京本社]
・3DCGデザイナー(急募!特に3Dマップモデル経験者)
・Web担当者
[京都スタジオ]
・3DCGデザイナー(増員のため大募集)

I hit all 9s in credits yesterday, it it strange that I had such a rough part in the game when I could not even salvage a Skell because I had no money

I hated those greedy potato caravans paying me 10 credits for a mission or talking thousands to sign a treaty

now I can buy all the white gold a cat would need

Pineconn

Is there a known exploit regarding saving during weather conditions? I'm trying to farm the tyrant at 211 during thunderstorms, and during said weather I saved the game and went back to the title screen. Now every time I fast travel to 211 I'm getting thunderstorms. (I assume this will break if you change regions or change the time or something.)

I'm not complaining. I'm getting lots of Yellow Millepod Rocks, lol.

Ulysses 31

Fuck me you need 240 of this item from the big angry flowers to make 5 evasion drive XX augments.

Might also be an idea to get ether res augs, ppl say at 100 res the damage is very low.

Did you also get Skell ground gear? The Aeviters in Divine Roots drop Ranged drive arms.

Don't forget about battle support probes like the resistance or ranged attack one. >.>

Might also be an idea to get ether res augs, ppl say at 100 res the damage is very low.

Did you also get Skell ground gear? The Aeviters in Divine Roots drop Ranged drive arms.

Don't forget about battle support probes like the resistance or ranged attack one. >.>

Yeah I've got 120 ether resist and the resist and ranged probes set up in Noctilum.

No skell ground gear atm other than the evasion drives I'm currently grinding for :p

I think I should focus on getting some of these myself, I decided to work on a Longsword/Psycho-Launchers build (just to feel like I have a weapon combination I can call my own) which has a TP Art that boosts resists.

Pineconn

how much Skell Eva is a good number?

You get 500 with 5x Evasion Drive XX and 1x Evasion Up XX (on the frame).

I made this setup before killing my first Telethia, succeeded, killed another, and then realized that I never had my Skell gear equipped, lol. (Had 250 evasion.) I killed 240 big angry flowers for nothing.

Ok so I decided to try the gatling reflect build and tried to fight The Everqueen.
Because I haven't fought her before I just equipped all of the reflect attributes. Everything was going fine but suddenly I died. My aura was still active. So I don't know what happened.

Does She have an attack I can't reflect? (Since all the attributes where being reflected this is the only answer I could think of)

If so how do I get around that problem?

That's a gravity based attack and you need to stack your gravity res up to 130++ to reflect it. And you only need reflect grav, ether and physic augs to fight Pharsis.

Ninferno

Soraya Saga just RT a new MonolithSoft recruit petition, this time for 3D designers I believe...

Exciting times :D

https://twitter.com/MONOLITHSOFT/status/686794868719353856

[東京本社]
・3DCGデザイナー(急募!特に3Dマップモデル経験者)
・Web担当者
[京都スタジオ]
・3DCGデザイナー(増員のため大募集)

Cool, but I suppose those are 3DCG designers? Doesn't sound too exciting if that is the case, but of course if that means X2 can have better CG cut scenes then I'm not complaining:)

Gave it another go without the evade augments.

t3AkaOk.jpg

El Odio

Banned
Gave it another go without the evade augments.

t3AkaOk.jpg
Going where few people will likely go, very nice! Grats man.

I've been listen to the (Chapter 11 boss spoilers)
Ares
theme and it's pretty damn good until right at the middle when it starts getting obnoxiously techno. Shame it's hard to hear some of these songs in game due to the lack of volume levels.

So what carries you through that fight? ether res augs?

Just a better strategy.

Using my skells melee attack animation to cancel out being put to sleep and staying on a ledge during phase 2 to avoid being toppled to the ground are the main ones.

Edit: In general though, you need 4 Ether Resist XX, a Neg Ether Reflect XX (or whatever it's called), and a couple of Ranged Accuracy XX.
Then I very much recommend 3-4 Ultrafauna Slayer XX, then just whatever you have that's good from general exploration/looting, I had some Damage Up and Cooldown Down ones that I put on my main weapons.
For the frame I used one each of Side Damage, Above Damage and Ether Damage, but that was just what I used for everything, for the Telethia itself Front Damage is probably the best option.

---

Just went and got the last sightseeing spots, and have 569/749 achievements, and I think I'm done.

Really good game and 152 hours well spent.

Hey guys.

Where can I buy level 30 skells?

I have to admit, reading this thread really sounds gibberish to me. I have a lot to understand about the game.

I'm shamefully 55 hours into it, and I still feel like I know nothing about it.. Just enjoying going around trying to complete missions

random25

Hey guys.

Where can I buy level 30 skells?

I have to admit, reading this thread really sounds gibberish to me. I have a lot to understand about the game.

I'm shamefully 55 hours into it, and I still feel like I know nothing about it.. Just enjoying going around trying to complete missions

The left shop terminal where you buy ground gear.

Falcs

Banned
Just finished chapter 8. Shit's startin' to go down, mang!!

Elma is so fricken awesome! I wish she was the main character that you control instead of your boring, silent Avatar.

random25

I was there but I couldn't know if they were level 30 or not so I just played it safe and didn't buy anything.

How can I tell the skell level?
hides face in shame

There is the frame level stat. All that are currently sellable from the start are level 30, so no need to worry about it.

TheMoon

Is there any way at all to make a back up of your save game?? I'd hate for something to happen to my Wii U, or for my save to become corrupted or something.
I've put in 65 hours so far, and I'm only just finished chapter 6 and only just got my lvl 30 Skell. So much to go still.

No there is not.

Not until they introduce the cloud saves they announced a few months ago to be supported by Nintendo Account.

Golnei

Elma is so fricken awesome! I wish she was the main character that you control instead of your boring, silent Avatar.

Is it really that much of an issue that you don't get to choose her dialogue responses in conversations? You can already play her as your main character in every other respect.

Top Bottom