• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

About to start this, any tips for a beginner?

Every time you reach a new continent, try to install as many probes as you can. This will allow you to explore a good chunk of the area so you get an idea of where things are, and access to fast travel points that will make later quests easier.

Also, take your time and let the game come to you. You'll figure out the tempo as you keep playing.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Soo.... I'm pretty sure I'm at the end of the game. Is there anything to do at this point other than just endlessly grind money in preparation for the final battle? Even the side quests seem like more of a pain in the ass than anything.

I just want to finish this thing off, and not waste like 5 hours leveling up to do it.

oni-link

Soo.... I'm pretty sure I'm at the end of the game. Is there anything to do at this point other than just endlessly grind money in preparation for the final battle? Even the side quests seem like more of a pain in the ass than anything.

I just want to finish this thing off, and not waste like 5 hours leveling up to do it.

I'm in the same boat, up to level 56 now and have two level 50 skells, I'm going to try and beat it in the morning

Weebos

Banned
Finally at chapter 12, I got to
the second phase of luxaar, then he shielded up and I died.

Is there any easy way to grind money? I want to buy a level 50 skell, but I only have 400k.

Tripon

Is there any easy way to grind money? I want to buy a level 50 skell, but I only have 400k.
Find research probes, get duplictor probes. Find sight seeing areas, then make sure they have research probes on them.

I currently have 160,000 credits per run. I'm swimming in cash after a day.

Danny Dudekisser

Fuckin serious?

This is one of the worst designed end sections of a game I've ever seen. It's not even convenient to grind. I honestly don't even want to finish the game now.

Golnei

I don't see why they couldn't just have prevented you from saving from the 'point of no return' part of the chapter until after the credits, like with the first game. Making it impossible to get stuck between bosses would have made things a lot more convenient.

Malus

Ah, I wonder what happens if you're in your Skell and encounter a slight change in elevation you can't walk around. Guess you have to go into flight, hover over it and land?

Pretty much. I only used my skell when I knew I wanted to cover a large area.

Neiteio

Lara Nara just told me about Treasure Deals, but I'm not sure how to access these or how they work. Maybe they can build affinity faster with party members?

JulianImp

Ah, I wonder what happens if you're in your Skell and encounter a slight change in elevation you can't walk around. Guess you have to go into flight, hover over it and land?

You can hold both the left and right triggers to have the skell enter free-fall right after you begin the jump (or anywhere while flying), even though the initial thrust still costs you a bit of fuel.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 299,893 as of January 24th, 2016 - 12:08 GMT

Beat the story! And some assholes that posted unmarked spoilers in another thread pretty much blew the twists. Oh well.

Now to try and beat Off the Record. Gotta find someway to kill Calore... looks like I'm going to finally dive into augments.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

The easiest way is to search out Landmarks. The grid where you plcae probes tells you how many you've seen like 1/2. Whenever you find lnadmarks it boosts your income. Make sure you have your highest ranking research probes in the grids where you've explored 2/2 landmarks. You'll make the most money there regardless if what letter rank it receives.

... I'm at Ch.12 and have 8 million credits in the bank, making 130k per tick. Haven't fully explored the last two contients either.

oni-link

Just beat the game

Story spoilers:
I love that the game is pretty much Elma's story, you're just her sidekick throughout. She's your boss, and she fills the "chosen one" role in the games story

What was great was that in the final battle I was on my way to a fallen teammate hoping to revive them when Elma (who was the only party member left other than me) dealt the final blow, which tied things together thematically quite nicely

I was disappointed she didn't retain her true form once I was given control back

Once I got back to the barracks there were a few new affinity missions, and I found one in the last area of the game that can only be activated once you beat the game too, are there a lot of post game affinity missions?

I'm at 82 hours now and the game is great, but I kind of want to move onto something else now, but I also don't want to leave a lot of story content untouched

You can change
Elma's appearance
in the settings menu.

Which settings menu? The game has like a billion, but thanks, I'll try and do that

It just makes no sense after she disables her mim in the final cutscene to suddenly be back in it for the post game

Weebos

Banned
The easiest way is to search out Landmarks. The grid where you plcae probes tells you how many you've seen like 1/2. Whenever you find lnadmarks it boosts your income. Make sure you have your highest ranking research probes in the grids where you've explored 2/2 landmarks. You'll make the most money there regardless if what letter rank it receives.

... I'm at Ch.12 and have 8 million credits in the bank, making 130k per tick. Haven't fully explored the last two contients either.

Jesus, sightseeing spots are no joke, I went from 43k to 78k and I only found 2.

klee123

Use missiles with custom mag traits.

By the way, I think farming for treasure sensor is kinda worthless if you can just scout for someone with 100% treasure sensor set.
Here few people that I've found with the set:

NTR: Scout for lvl60, full metal jaguar, dual guns, shield
Layfon: Lvl60, drifter, dual guns, shield

Yeah, I've kinda given up on getting all 5 treasure sensor XX's. I'll just scout for people with them. Getting those wings for the augment is too time consuming.

Since my Ether Blossom build is pretty much done augments wise, I guess time for me to farm for skell augments.

I bought my very first Skell today and gave it to Lin. It's a Mastema and I was curious how it controlled... if at all. Whenever I go into vehicle mode I feel like a drunk driver.

Branson

Fuckin serious?

This is one of the worst designed end sections of a game I've ever seen. It's not even convenient to grind. I honestly don't even want to finish the game now.
Haha. Welcome to my situation. The last boss is absolutely atrocious and I still haven't decided if I want to put the effort into the terrible systems in the game to farm money and get a level 50 skell.

-Horizon-

I was using level 50-amdusias and although my fuel went to 1000, I manage to beat him quick using phoenix and g buster. My team is using level 50 skells too.

Ah so you had just enough fuel, every one of my mechs were sent to less than 200 units left.

I was piloting a light, and my team had 2 mediums, and 1 heavy.

Curufinwe

How do I make a party member get in a skell without making them team leader?

I want the advantage of getting an automatic perfect if the skell loses all its health.

-Horizon-

I want the advantage of getting an automatic perfect if the skell loses all its health.
The team command list (the + button I think), there's an option for party members to "board your skells!" or something like that.
Of course if everyone in your party has a mech, all your party members will go (other than your character of course).

Team members will only board their own Skells, mind. You can't use them to get a free repair on your own. If you don't want to risk losing insurance your best bet is either to run away as soon as you know you're going to lose an encounter or just get out of your skell and die on foot.

Danny Dudekisser

Haha. Welcome to my situation. The last boss is absolutely atrocious and I still haven't decided if I want to put the effort into the terrible systems in the game to farm money and get a level 50 skell.

I'll probably still see it through, but I've got Trails of Cold Steel sitting here and I'd really, really rather start that.

But I started grinding out levels. Might as well finish it up.

Gotta say that I really am not a fan of how the story is presented in the game. It reminds me of an MMO where you get big story dumps at the end of each ranked mission with busy work to fill the majority of the space in between. At first I enjoyed the Affinity quests since they were fully voiced, but even a lot of those have felt bland for me in the end. I never got this with original XBC since the story was present at almost every beat. Villains seem like Saturday morning cartoon characters probably isn't helping either.

I'm finding some of it to be interesting though but I'm surprised at only 40 hours in at Ch 11 I'm aching for it to end while I see others clocking in 200 hours. As a big fan of the first game I'd say this game kinda disappointed me. I loved exploring at first but for some reason now that I got my Skell's flight pack I just stopped seeing that as an adventure and it became filling in dots on a map.

Also, finding out a couple of the big end reveals from loudmouths in that other thread has probably soured me a bit on pressing on.

Branson

I'll probably still see it through, but I've got Trails of Cold Steel sitting here and I'd really, really rather start that.

But I started grinding out levels. Might as well finish it up.
Yeah. I'll probably grind it out, ugh. I hate grinding too. Where are you grinding at by the way? And I have like 5 other games I want to be playing right now but I'm stuck on this

Danny Dudekisser

Yeah. I'll probably grind it out, ugh. I hate grinding too. Where are you grinding at by the way? And I have like 5 other games I want to be playing right now but I'm stuck on this

I just found this place at the very north end of Cauldros, which is like... a little bit on the eastern side of the region. It's maybe a square or two north of a FrontierNav point. Anyway, if you approach it from the north, you'll see a bunch of level 58 Ictuses, and there's a Cave behind them. You don't have to fight those dudes to land, so land, and go into the cave where there's a bunch of level 60+ enemies that are pretty easy to take down.

Seems to be getting the job done. I'm fine with grinding, but not the way they foisted it upon me at the end of the game.

jorgejjvr

OMG

Flying is so freaking awesome

The game just got so much better

I know I can fast travel, but I just went from Noctilum to NLA, I can't believe this is possible

Griss

Just hit level 50, what's the best skell to buy? Is there any advantage to the lighter ones? I could kit three of my guys out for the cost of the most expensive skell, which is weird. I have 5.5m credits, so if I buy the most expensive one I won't be able to afford another for a long time.

Any opinions?

Looking to beat this game as soon as possible, it's really dragging out now.

Vena

About to start this, any tips for a beginner?

I know I am a bit late but get this gif ready for later for yourself:

133.gif

Sooner or later everyone has a moment where this is applicable with this game.

oni-link

Nevermind, I called it a day after 83.5 hours

I beat Chapter 12 and then did a few hours after that, but I googled
Elma's post game affinity mission Then and Now, and apparently you need to fight two level 80s at the same time, and I'm barely at 58,
so fuck that

It took me 20 hours to get over the fact that it wasn't what I wanted from a sequel to the first Xenoblade, but it's a really good game in it's own right, though I still prefer the original overall

Thanks to everyone who helped me in this thread, I do prefer going into most games (RPGs especially) blind, but this is the kind of game where you really do need some pointers in order to avoid frustration

TheMoon

I know I am a bit late but get this gif ready for later for yourself:

133.gif

Sooner or later everyone has a moment where this is applicable with this game.

I wish we could do a survey and figure how often it is related to pressing X in a menu :D

Vena

Nevermind, I called it a day after 83.5 hours

I beat Chapter 12 and then did a few hours after that, but I googled
Elma's post game affinity mission Then and Now, and apparently you need to fight two level 80s at the same time, and I'm barely at 58,
so fuck that

It took me 20 hours to get over the fact that it wasn't what I wanted from a sequel to the first Xenoblade, but it's a really good game in it's own right, though I still prefer the original overall

Thanks to everyone who helped me in this thread, I do prefer going into most games (RPGs especially) blind, but this is the kind of game where you really do need some pointers in order to avoid frustration

Those 80s are very weak, and level 50 Skells will easily dispatch them.

-Horizon-

Character levels cap out at 60.

I've seen optimized characters that can solo level 90s.

I haven't tried it for myself because I'm too lazy to grind for the material to make those augments lol

Vena

That gif is reserved for "oh how the fuck did I not know that" moments, not "oh so that's the most optimal setup" :p

Cheating applies to both of these, though, because by reading this thread before playing along with many of us playing, you learned from our mistakes. Cheater.

Top Bottom