• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Steejee

This blog

THIS BLOG

tumblr_o1413dQQXp1v35adlo1_1280.jpg

ahaha

Yeeeup, that definitely happened to me.

The xe-dom's can kill an Ares if you get cocky. I never quite worked out if those things were Ganglion creations or left here.

There's a fair bit of environmental history that's not explained in the game, particularly Cauldros. The trailers for the game made it seem liked we'd see a fair bit of plot there, pre skell flight (or sans skell), but obviously that doesn't really happen and we get almost no info about who/what happened to the race that lived there (though 'They dug too deep..' could be inferred from the environment).

In my head I picture the Xe-dom being the main weapons of whatever beat the Cauldros race, left behind after completing their task. Maybe the Nopon did it...

Love that one. It's hilarious to me that of all the (various quest spoilers)
divine beings in the game the Nopopon is the real one.

That hadn't occurred to me yet, definitely improves it even more.
I guess the Definian come closest as 'Mother's knowledge is diety like, though Pizza is the Ma-non's new God and it clearly exists.

Finished off all the segment Tyrants today. Beat Telethia with the Lailah Queen Diskbomb build, twice actually due to that quest that has you beating it optionally. So down to just mission and affinity mission segments. Figure I'll do all the Affinity stuff last to wrap up the game.

Golnei

The xe-dom's can kill an Ares if you get cocky. I never quite worked out if those things were Ganglion creations or left here.

In my head I picture the Xe-dom being the main weapons of whatever beat the Cauldros race, left behind after completing their task. Maybe the Nopon did it...

It's not made clear exactly who built the Xe-dom, only that they existed on Mira long before the Ganglion.
"Enigmatic, pilotless crafts exhumed from the Miran soil. They come in a variety of sizes, and are constructed from some kind of living metal that not even Ganglion technology can replicate. But while the particulars of the xe-dom manufacturing process remain shrouded in mystery, a lucky research mistake unlocked the secret of controlling the units."

"Their exceptional combat skills—including the ability to manipulate gravity in the surrounding area, useful for both attacking and movement—make them ideal for protecting critical Ganglion bases."

Malus

That hadn't occurred to me yet, definitely improves it even more.
I guess the Definian come closest as 'Mother's knowledge is diety like, though Pizza is the Ma-non's new God and it clearly exists.

I forgot about
Fortun. Probably because there wasn't much mystery surrounding whether she was real or not. The center of all knowledge in the universe just hangs around NLA after being kidnapped and is basically a joke lol. Takahashi doesn't have much respect for deity characters between her and Nopopon.

Effect

Took a break from the game after finishing up the requirements for chapter 8. In game clock said I was just over 60 hours and needed a break. However time to play some more now. Finished chapter 8 tonight and finally decided to mess around in Sylvalum. The music in that area is so good. However it looks like outside of the initial area by the beach and right into the entrance everything wants to kill you. Only level 31 at the moment. Should one level up some more before trying to travel through this area?

Wont't dare go through this with Skells. To many large enemies that might very well attack on sight once they see me. Finally was able to buy two more for Elma (gave her my first after getting my character a medium type) and Linn.

I have to say though. Even though I'm enjoying the game a lot. I'm loving my time in the game. I do feel like I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles Wii more. So if the next game indeed goes back to that style then great. XCX was a welcome change from the formula though.

Zalusithix

I can't say I really found the Xe-doms to be an issue outside of the very first encounter. Easy enough to see from a distance and stay out of their way. Later on they're trivial to take down when properly equipped (beam/elec/grav + mech slayer augs). At first it's just a matter of bursting them before they could do the massive gravity attack. Not too hard to do with a Buster Launcher + G-Buster or E-Scythe. Then you get the drones from them and laugh at how fast they pop.

Took a break from the game after finishing up the requirements for chapter 8. In game clock said I was just over 60 hours and needed a break. However time to play some more now. Finished chapter 8 tonight and finally decided to mess around in Sylvalum. The music in that area is so good. However it looks like outside of the initial area by the beach and right into the entrance everything wants to kill you. Only level 31 at the moment. Should one level up some more before trying to travel through this area?
I don't remember my exact level when I decided to really explore Sylvalum (I'd have to check my recorded footage at home), but I was in my 30s. Just recently I got to level 41 or so (65h game time, 7 chapters completed) when I started to hang out in Cauldros for a bit.

In any case, maybe a few extra levels might help (let's say lvl 35) for Sylvalum, but you still need to be cautious and keep an eye on your surroundings.

I finally managed to be able to try to take on (post-game spoiler)
Telethia the Endbringer
with a melee ground build without getting insta-fly-swatted:
I died when I met it on the ground though, because I didn't refresh Astral Protection in time, lol.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 309,682 as of February 1st, 2016 - 12:31 GMT

Zalusithix

Seriously, how is the existence of Telethia a spoiler, let alone an end game one? She's introduced early on in the story - briefly. Then never plays any meaningful part aside from that. That and you can meet her (a variant at least) as soon as you manage to get a blade medal and take on the first nemesis. A level 35 sync down one at that. You'd get stomped if you did it right away, but you could, and the game doesn't seem to think that's a spoiler. Nor does it mind if you meet Yggy before Pharsis. They're just tyrants.

Steejee

I've been listening to the XCX OST at work, and out of curiosity I went back and listened to XBC's OST, and overall I think the XCX one is far better.

XBC is more consistent, but has very few standouts. A large chunk of it just sounds like good if fairly standard RPG background music. XCX has a bunch of really unique, and quite good, songs, but also has one or two that grate on you. I'd also take the BGMs for the five continents in XCX over *most* of XBC's. In other words, XBC is more even, but often unremarkable, while XCX has higher highs, but lower lows as well.

Seriously, how is the existence of Telethia a spoiler, let alone an end game one? She's introduced early on in the story - briefly. Then never plays any meaningful part aside from that. That and you can meet her (a variant at least) as soon as you manage to get a blade medal and take on the first nemesis. A level 35 sync down one at that. You'd get stomped if you did it right away, but you could, and the game doesn't seem to think that's a spoiler. Nor does it mind if you meet Yggy before Pharsis. They're just tyrants.

Eh, some people just like to be cautious about spoilers, especially in RPGs.

I can't say I really found the Xe-doms to be an issue outside of the very first encounter. Easy enough to see from a distance and stay out of their way. Later on they're trivial to take down when properly equipped (beam/elec/grav + mech slayer augs). At first it's just a matter of bursting them before they could do the massive gravity attack. Not too hard to do with a Buster Launcher + G-Buster or E-Scythe. Then you get the drones from them and laugh at how fast they pop.

It's more if you get lazy with them they have a few abilities that can really lay you out. They also patrol quite far and fast in Sylvalum, so they have a tendency to jump into a fight you're already in without you noticing, or jump you if you are just standing around not paying attention.

Zalusithix

I've been listening to the XCX OST at work, and out of curiosity I went back and listened to XBC's OST, and overall I think the XCX one is far better.

XBC is more consistent, but has very few standouts. A large chunk of it just sounds like good if fairly standard RPG background music. XCX has a bunch of really unique, and quite good, songs, but also has one or two that grate on you. I'd also take the BGMs for the five continents in XCX over *most* of XBC's. In other words, XBC is more even, but often unremarkable, while XCX has higher highs, but lower lows as well.
I think it's half the absolute horrid mixing that makes people dislike XCX's. Songs with vocals playing over cutscenes. The flight song starting over every single time you lift a centimeter off the ground. Not being able to adjust volume in general. Even if the song itself doesn't bother you, the way they're presented can quickly grate on you to the point where you start disliking the song regardless.

Eh, some people just like to be cautious about spoilers, especially in RPGs.
Understandable, but anybody that completed the story should know they're basically of no consequence. Mentioning the Ares is a far greater spoiler than the existence of Telethia, and even that is rather tame as far as potential spoilers go. Most of the spoilers that actually matter in this game are intangible story elements (how something is used) and not the mere existence of something.

It's more if you get lazy with them they have a few abilities that can really lay you out. They also patrol quite far and fast in Sylvalum, so they have a tendency to jump into a fight you're already in without you noticing, or jump you if you are just standing around not paying attention.
They're certainly capable of jumping in if you're not paying attention. By the time I hit Sylvium though, I was used to pathing down anything that could intercept me. Too many deaths in the prior areas due to some rampaging tyrant doing their laps. Once you know the aggro radius and path, it's pretty easy to not get ambushed. Key is not to get lazy when they're still a threat. ;)

I always found the Xerns far more deadly. Granted they don't move, but if you're flying around carelessly...

Steejee

I think it's half the absolute horrid mixing that makes people dislike XCX's. Songs with vocals playing over cutscenes. The flight song starting over every single time you lift a centimeter off the ground. Not being able to adjust volume in general. Even if the song itself doesn't bother you, the way they're presented can quickly grate on you to the point where you start disliking the song regardless.

I agree on the mixing, they screwed the pooch on that one, which really gets me as it wouldn't have taken *that* long to fix most of those issues. The flight song I'm not sure what the best route would be. They clearly have a priority level system for music, as the flight song gets overwritten in certain areas. At the very least they could have had it resume it's place after you land and take off again - it already does when you enter combat.

I always found the Xerns far more deadly. Granted they don't move, but if you're flying around carelessly...

I never flew into one on accident, but I did try my hand when I first flew to Cauldros..that went poorly. After I got my Ares 90, but before any augments, I tried one again and booked it after it wiped out the rest of the skells in my party with that big super weapon. I really love how dangerous XCX is able to make things feel.

Zalusithix

I agree on the mixing, they screwed the pooch on that one, which really gets me as it wouldn't have taken *that* long to fix most of those issues. The flight song I'm not sure what the best route would be. They clearly have a priority level system for music, as the flight song gets overwritten in certain areas. At the very least they could have had it resume it's place after you land and take off again - it already does when you enter combat.
Yeah, many of the problems would have been an easy fix. They were too busy worrying about stupid things like breast sliders. In the time it took them to do that, I'm sure they could have fixed at least a few of the glaring audio issues.

As for the flight song, a significant delay on starting, or perhaps only kicking in at a certain altitude would help. If it only started when you were X meters off the ground, it'd be a huge improvement so you could skim low and retain the normal BGM, then have it kick in when you go high up. From there it could stay engaged until touchdown.

I never flew into one on accident, but I did try my hand when I first flew to Cauldros..that went poorly. After I got my Ares 90, but before any augments, I tried one again and booked it after it wiped out the rest of the skells in my party with that big super weapon. I really love how dangerous XCX is able to make things feel.
Xerns were an issue for me when I was flying low while looking down and then raising up without looking up. Typically there isn't anything dangerous above you. Incidents were few and far inbetween, but when it did happen... The results weren't pretty. Even these days I have to give them some respect. They can't kill my Lailah, but they're capable of putting a dent in it.

Golnei

I've said this before, but I'm not entirely sure there should be a separate flight theme at all - seamless variants of the continent themes would be a much more elegant solution, possibly with multiple layers based on whether you're in a Skell as well as in flight, maybe even according to specific areas within the continent. It'd undoubtedly be more work, especially since multiple variants would be required for both day and night tracks, but it'd be worth it. It could also help mitigate the problem of only 5 distinct themes being used for the vast majority of the playable space, as well.

But if there absolutely has to be a separate flight theme, it'd be significantly improved by not resetting the continent music, as well as if the standard jump were still an option, preventing the cue from beginning during half-second jumps.

Zalusithix

I've said this before, but I'm not entirely sure there should be a separate flight theme at all - seamless variants of the continent themes would be a much more elegant solution, possibly with multiple layers based on whether you're in a Skell as well as in flight, maybe even according to specific areas within the continent. It'd undoubtedly be more work, especially since multiple variants would be required for both day and night tracks, but it'd be worth it. It could also help mitigate the problem of only 5 distinct themes being used for the vast majority of the playable space, as well.

But if there absolutely has to be a separate flight theme, it'd be significantly improved by not resetting the continent music, as well as if the standard jump were still an option, preventing the cue from beginning during half-second jumps.

Multiple variants of the standard BGM would be great, but a lot more work. I was simply talking easy fixes that would require little work to implement. Delays are absolutely trivial. Firing off a ray straight down to get skell height from current terrain is still quite simple. Putting the jump functionality back in would be a bit more work as that'd be UI and controls, and wouldn't entirely fix the issue, but still should be done for other reasons.

Steejee

I do wish you could still jump after getting flight, not just because of the music but because of the fuel usage and transition (and Skell jumping is just fun).

I think the altitude idea would have worked pretty well. Another thought I had had was to have the song be a one off - you get it the first time you fly, or during the entirety of that initial flight quest, and then you never hear it again.

Could have also been an Audio option ('Play flight song'), though the game was lacking in those as it was.

Flipside

Now 40 hours in and just got the
flight module

I was wondering if I'm going too fast?

I have the feeling that I am exploring and doing some of the optional stuff but the story missions seem to move along quite quickly.

What should I do to enhance the experience? Sometimes I feel that the basic gathering missions are plain boring (and really vague) so I just do some affinity stuff and move on to a story mission when I feel like it. Anything else that's fun to do?

I'm already at 35-40 hours and don't even have a Skell yet but totally in love with the game (I think the last story mission I did was chapter 5, so maybe I'm close). I just love exploring the different areas and trying to find probe sites in places that I really shouldn't be yet, having to avoid most of the monsters many times. But hey, I'm an adult and I can do what I want!

I was just over 70 hours in when I got my skell license. More then that I rushed through the previous story chapters right after each other just so that I could get to it, then went to over 120 hours before starting chapter 7. I have a problem with games that are too open. ( ._.)

However it looks like outside of the initial area by the beach and right into the entrance everything wants to kill you. Only level 31 at the moment. Should one level up some more before trying to travel through this area?
I don't remember my exact level when I decided to really explore Sylvalum (I'd have to check my recorded footage at home), but I was in my 30s. Just recently I got to level 41 or so (65h game time, 7 chapters completed) when I started to hang out in Cauldros for a bit.

In any case, maybe a few extra levels might help (let's say lvl 35) for Sylvalum, but you still need to be cautious and keep an eye on your surroundings.

I've just skimmed through my recorded footage, so if it is of any help, I was level 36 when I really started exploring Sylvalum (with 1 lvl 20 Skell and 1 lvl 30 Skell).

Effect

I've just skimmed through my recorded footage, so if it is of any help, I was level 36 when I really started exploring Sylvalum (with 1 lvl 20 Skell and 1 lvl 30 Skell).

Thanks. I have two level 30 skells at the moment and one level 20. I guess I'll level up some more. I found some level 30 enemies in Sylvalum but didn't feel comfortable taking more then one of those at a time. There are few more areas I could explore around this level I think in Obliva and some quest/missions the other two areas I can tackle before heading back.

Zalusithix

flight module

I have the feeling that I am exploring and doing some of the optional stuff but the story missions seem to move along quite quickly.

What should I do to enhance the experience? Sometimes I feel that the basic gathering missions are plain boring (and really vague) so I just do some affinity stuff and move on to a story mission when I feel like it. Anything else that's fun to do?
Mission wise, do the affinity missions and hit up the social missions from the terminal. Getting all the immigration taken care of will open up additional AMs to dump miranium into while you still have it to spare.

Outside of that, there's skell experimentation. Unlike the ground game which requires tons of BP (that you can't get before post game) to really experiment with, skells are just a matter of getting the items. Of course this means little if you're the type that dislikes skells.

Flipside

What you need to do is not spoiler tag things that everyone knows are in the game, like the flight module :)

Haha I know. I thought that in combination with the time might be seen as a slight spoiler (progression). Better safe than sorry was my idea ;)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Finally finished the game.

If there isn't a sequel, my god, fuck you MonolithSoft. What a fucking tease.
These guys haven't done a direct sequel to any of their games... XenoSaga doesn't count because it was announced as an Episode ahead of time.

I think they wrapped up the story in a way that they're not going to approach it again. You can read the OT Spoiler Thread for some good theories and summaries, as well as TVTropes.com has some good stuff too. Basically Mira is some of kind of super planet that does whatever the species who live on it need to survive, you kind of discover that through all the side missions. So when the data was destroyed, it stepped in and helped humans survive on through Mims. The player character is kind of avatar of the planet Mira and is able to step in and help "humanity" along when necessary as well as the other aliens living there too.

-Horizon-

flight module

Walk around town listening to and starting every conversation. I found it real cool to see some minor npc arc change over time after most major events in the game.

Zalusithix

I'm more or less marking what one of the highest level endgame tyrants is as a gameplay spoiler, and not so much its story importance. I tend to be careful with spoilers just in case somebody hasn't stumbled upon things like that.

Eh, there's level 90+ Tyrants lumbering around the beginning area. IMO, if we start classifying a couple tyrants as spoilers on something nebulous like their level, then we're on a slippery slope. Where is the cutoff line for that? Some 90+ are jokes (quite literally with Joker). On the other hand, there's a couple lower level tyrants with utterly insane spike damage that'll wreck you faster than Telethia, Pharsis & Co. if you're not prepared for them.

As far as I'm concerned at least, knowing the name of a Tyrant and the fact that it is dangerous is about as spoilerish as knowing the name of a location that it has dangerous things in it. They're integral parts of the game, and only a couple are only available post game. Ironically neither Telethia nor Pharsis fall under that category. Even the ones that are post game only aren't connected to the story in any way. If somebody doesn't find that level of spoiler acceptable, then they should really be in media blackout mode and avoid all forum threads on the game.

Wichu

I'm working on level 60 Skells now. I've got
Lailah Queen, Mastema White Reaper, Amdusias Hades, and Ares 90
so far. (Skell name spoilers I guess?)

Also fuck getting Xe-Dom Crests. Silver ones seem to have a decent drop rate, so Lailah was fairly easy. Mastema only needed six Jet-Black ones, so that was fine. But 12 Golden Crests that seem to have the Jet-Black drop rate? Hell no. I'm glad Reward Tickets exist.

On the other hand, turns out Rexoskell Suckers and to a lesser extent Crude Neilnail Masks are actually really easy to farm with a good ground build. I'm sad I used Reward Tickets for those when building the Lailah, when I could've had more Crests for the other level 60s (gonna try for one of each, including
Ares 70
for completionist reasons).

Zalusithix

I'm working on level 60 Skells now. I've got
Lailah Queen, Mastema White Reaper, Amdusias Hades, and Ares 90
so far. (Skell name spoilers I guess?)

Also fuck getting Xe-Dom Crests. Silver ones seem to have a decent drop rate, so Lailah was fairly easy. Mastema only needed six Jet-Black ones, so that was fine. But 12 Golden Crests that seem to have the Jet-Black drop rate? Hell no. I'm glad Reward Tickets exist.

On the other hand, turns out Rexoskell Suckers and to a lesser extent Crude Neilnail Masks are actually really easy to farm with a good ground build. I'm sad I used Reward Tickets for those when building the Lailah, when I could've had more Crests for the other level 60s (gonna try for one of each, including
Ares 70
for completionist reasons).
Outside of the Ares, none of the skell names are remotely spoilers. They're all variants of the same skell names you can see from the very beginning. As for the Ares, even if you did consider it worthy of a spoiler tag, that ship has sailed. It has been mentioned in the clear who knows how many times at this point.

If it seems like I'm being anal about spoilers, I just see the over use of the tags as diminishing the effectiveness of the ones that actually have real spoilers behind them. If people get used to revealing them for minor things like skell names, flight modules, etc, then they might eventually accidentally do so to one that has real plot implications.

As for being sorry about using reward tickets, I wouldn't sweat it. They're so easy to get that it doesn't matter. Tens of thousands of tickets an hour if you outfit yourself for it. It's always faster to use tickets.

ChrisD

Didn't play at all in January. Jumped back in tonight and ran into the Ma-non.

Who in their right mind
Put the Chipmunks
In my game

And WHY

Zalusithix

I still don't understand the combat 70 hours in. Getting my ass handed to me on the chapter 10 boss. I at least got past the first phase.

I didn't go into the chapter 10 boss until I already had a level 50 skell, and it was pretty much over once it began. As such I can't really give advice for tactics when a lower level, but on a pure technical front, you're going to want your skells to be outfitted with beam/gravity gear. G Busters, Drones, M-Snipers and such. It has high phys/ether/thermal resists so weapons with those elements will be far less useful.

AGITΩ

Now that ive finally beat chapter 12...after 200+ Hours [yay side quests] I really do feel this game is a Sequel to the original.
The Nopon speak of Heropon of Legend that obviously would imply Riki
The search for the Sword of Legenaryness [or whatever] leads to a Toy Monado
At the end Tatsu mentions that he'll miss them playing Hom Hom [Homs being the name of the Humans in the first game]
Now comes the speculation:
Mira looks similar to portions of the Bionis and Mechonis of the first game. A lot of people were point out the Bionis similarities in Primordia, but then there's the heavy mechanical influence in Couldros. The Rings in Oblivia resemble the Rings on the Shoulders of the Mechanis itself.
Then you have a Telethia to serve as the Planets Guardian.
Elma's race looks like the Machina of the first game, and the technological advances she brought, including Skells, looks very similar to Mechon style, mainly the pulsating lights around the frame.
The whole mystery about how they are still alive, given that the memory core is destroyed and Lao being revived could be attributed to the Bionis's properties still being on the land. Able to make life from itself and take life into itself the "Neverending" cycle just like it's said at the end.
Just some quick thoughts I had after finishing up.

Does it matter if I play this game before I play xenoblade? I intend on playing both eventually,but I am leaning towards playing XBX first. Is there any reason not to do so?

Pokemaniac

Does it matter if I play this game before I play xenoblade? I intend on playing both eventually,but I am leaning towards playing XBX first. Is there any reason not to do so?

There are some details in Xenoblade X that you won't pick up on if you play it first. There are a lot of subtle (and some not so subtle) references to the first game.

NeonZ

Nah, it's standalone. There are some references to the original Xenoblade, but they aren't relevant to the main story, and people even debate whether they're actual story connections or just fan service.

Wichu

The mechanics in X are expanded from those in the first game. If you're going to play both, play them in order, or you'll get overwhelmed by the systems in X, but miss them when you go back to Xenoblade.

Also you'll miss a ton of small nods X makes to Xenoblade.

40+ hours in, just got my first robot and broke it immediately. Do you eventually get more skells and can other party members use them? I'm digging the game but god damn it's pretty confusing to wade through.

Zalusithix

I really don't think the mechanics require having played the first Xenoblade in the least. It's been ages since I played the first; all I really remembered was pressing left/right to select arts and the QTE elements. I had no problem with XCX. I'd wager that if you were going to be overwhelmed by XCX, you would have been regardless.

So yeah, all you really gain is the in game references to the first. You could just as easily play them in reverse order. You'd be substituting nostalgia with "ah-ha!" moments when you realize something you encountered in XCX was a nod to what you're currently doing. Basically instead of a metaphorical flash-back situation, you have something akin to a flash-forward instead.

40+ hours in, just got my first robot and broke it immediately. Do you eventually get more skells and can other party members use them? I'm digging the game but god damn it's pretty confusing to wade through.
All skells have some insurance where you can get it back from the terminal in the barracks a certain number of times. The QTE event on destruction determines insurance use. Perfect means no insurance used. If you get down to 1 insurance left, give it to an AI as they can never permanently lose the skell.

As for buying, you can buy additional skells once you're 30+. There's level 50 versions you can get when you have the AM up to 5. Then you can craft level 60s post game.

ChrisD

Switched to using Lin because she was being a complete idiot in battles. Figured I'd take control since that'd show me which Arts are better for me.

But now I'm having more fun with her than I was with my main character. Think I'm going to fill out his current Class then switch over to whichever she's in so I can replicate the playstyle. Loads of TP moves along with a great generation set-up.

Edit: That cutscene after saving the Ma-non though.
Without the poor textures, mouth movements, and facial expressions that would have been one awesome scene. I mean, it was still cool, but I'm trying to imagine what it could have been if it wasn't running in-engine heh. Definitely caught me off guard that your main guy (and everyone else) is partly robotic.

Okay so people mock Metroid Other M for the whole "Adam has to let me use mah Varia Suit!" thing, right? Could someone please explain, then, why I WASN'T ABLE TO OVERDRIVE UNTIL JUST NOW. The reasoning given is literally (Post-Chapter 5 Spoilers)
because we're Mims... But we've been Mims. So why couldn't I do this before?
It makes no sense. >_>

Zalusithix

That cutscene after saving the Ma-non though.
Definitely caught me off guard that your main guy (and everyone else) is partly robotic.
Keeping response below to the same knowledge level that those coming out of the above spoiler situation would have.
You must have not jumped off the cliff at the very beginning. =P The whole "our bodies can handle it" line combined with the ability to survive a deadly drop like that was a huge sign that we weren't just normal humans. If not robotic, then genetically engineered at the minimum.

On the not being able to overdrive before then, well, the PC wouldn't be able to because they weren't aware of what they were to begin with. Amnesia and all that. It's rather hard to use an ability you don't know you even have. As for why the others didn't... Dunno, guess they just didn't feel like it. ;)

Celegus

Keeping response below to the same knowledge level that those coming out of the above spoiler situation would have.
You must have not jumped off the cliff at the very beginning. =P The whole "our bodies can handle it" line combined with the ability to survive a deadly drop like that was a huge sign that we weren't just normal humans. If not robotic, then genetically engineered at the minimum.

On the not being able to overdrive before then, well, the PC wouldn't be able to because they weren't aware of what they were to begin with. Amnesia and all that. It's rather hard to use an ability you don't know you even have. As for why the others didn't... Dunno, guess they just didn't feel like it. ;)

That and the
creepy robot eyes in the character creator.

I think the whining about the flight song is a little overdone; it only kicks in if you're high enough. I've flown around and had the regular background music playing.

Golnei

Are you sure you weren't skimming above the water? If you aren't in an area where the flight music is disabled (Dragon's Roost or Ganglion bases, for example), it'll always play when you're flying, regardless of altitude.

Top Bottom