• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

Alright, so I'm posting as requested: I'm at a certain big city in the game with many quests, and
Melia just got crowned, and the Mechon are on their way
- all of my quests from here are timed, which is giving me a sense of impending doom. Where is my point of no return here? Am I really close to it, and should take a breather to do a bunch of quests?
It would be nice to at least get Melia back in the party first so I can XP share to her.

Also, my party right now is
Shulk/Reyn/Sharla
. I tried the other characters and they just don't seem to fit as well, and not having Shulk in the party just seems like an oddity, especially if I fight a boss.

Just bought this on impulse and I'm afraid to play it in case I don't like it. Will I, gaf? :(
I find it hard to understand how someone who likes RPGs would not like this game.

Exeunt

You have a long way to go before those quests expire—as in, "more than five areas" long. It's probably closer to ten actually, but in any case there will be many more areas and major story events before the "point of no return." If you keep checking in here, someone will let you know if you're getting close. Don't feel like you have to complete them all now; that said, the plot is going to start moving a lot faster soon so if you feel like there's a bit of a lull right now it certainly can't hurt to start chipping away at some while you're still the right level. The enemies' levels will jump a little quicker than usual in a couple more areas, but it's not really unmanageable.

As for your party, I'd really suggest mixing things up a little. The party you're using right now is very "safe" but if you want to build up affinity amongst your party (which can really come in handy for gem crafting and skill links) you'll want to try some other characters. Don't feel like you need to be controlling Shulk all the time; you can still "warn" him of a vision during a boss fight of he is in your party. My party of choice was (mild character spoilers since you tagged them)
Melia, Shulk, and Riki
which gives you the Monado, Ether and physical damage as well as DoT and a nice sponge who can heal and fill up the party gauge as needed. If you don't want to make any drastic changes you can even try out small alterations like
Dunban instead of Reyn
... But I do think it could be more fun if you eventually try different combinations, and the game does reward you for doing so.

You have a long way to go before those quests expire—as in, "more than five areas" long. It's probably closer to ten actually, but in any case there will be many more areas and major story events before the "point of no return." If you keep checking in here, someone will let you know if you're getting close. Don't feel like you have to complete them all now; that said, the plot is going to start moving a lot faster soon so if you feel like there's a bit of a lull right now it certainly can't hurt to start chipping away at some while you're still the right level. The enemies' levels will jump a little quicker than usual in a couple more areas, but it's not really unmanageable.
I feel overleveled right now. I'm level 41 at the moment. Good to know they won't expire. I prefer to come back and clear house when I can 1-shot most of the mobs. I don't want the XP, I just want the rep so I can get the full experience of the game.

As for your party, I'd really suggest mixing things up a little. The party you're using right now is very "safe" but if you want to build up affinity amongst your party (which can really come in handy for gem crafting and skill links) you'll want to try some other characters. Don't feel like you need to be controlling Shulk all the time; you can still "warn" him of a vision during a boss fight of he is in your party. My party of choice was (mild character spoilers since you tagged them)
Melia, Shulk, and Riki
which gives you the Monado, Ether and physical damage as well as DoT and a nice sponge who can heal and fill up the party gauge as needed. If you don't want to make any drastic changes you can even try out small alterations like
Dunban instead of Reyn
... But I do think it could be more fun if you eventually try different combinations, and the game does reward you for doing so.
I tried subbing Reyn out, but no one else holds aggro. If no one holds aggro, then Shulk tends to get it and I can't make good use of most of his specials. Same thing for
Sharla
- no one else can really heal. I tried to do
Shulk/Riki/Dunban
but aggro was just all over the place. I'm interested in switching it up, which is why I brought the topic up, but I'm not quite sure what to do. I thought
Riki
could tank in place of Reyn, but his aggro generation seems pretty terrible. I eventually want to get everyone to max affinity with everyone else, because the heart-to-hearts are my favorite part of the game so far.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, so I'm posting as requested: I'm at a certain big city in the game with many quests, and
Melia just got crowned, and the Mechon are on their way
- all of my quests from here are timed, which is giving me a sense of impending doom. Where is my point of no return here? Am I really close to it, and should take a breather to do a bunch of quests?
It would be nice to at least get Melia back in the party first so I can XP share to her.

Also, my party right now is
Shulk/Reyn/Sharla
. I tried the other characters and they just don't seem to fit as well, and not having Shulk in the party just seems like an oddity, especially if I fight a boss.

I find it hard to understand how someone who likes RPGs would not like this game.

You have a long way to go before those quests expire.

And you have a number of "easy" options for your party.

Dunban is a tank, but the emphasis is on dodging and agility, not eating damage.

Alternatively most characters can replace Shulk in the DPS role.

I'd recommend replacing Sharla though, just to get you out of the habit of thinking you need a dedicated healer/support character.

Shulk, Dunban, Reyn is a great party, especially if you take advantage of chain attacks and toppling. You could replace Shulk with Melia for more damage, but you lose Light Heal which is better than any healing Melia has to offer. Would work fine, but it can be nice to have that just in case.

Might be a good idea to experiment with some basic enemies rather than try to continue the story. You can get used to a different party without worrying about a boss or something.

Picked up a Wii so I can start playing this. Without me going through the entire thread, what advice to you give to someone who is just starting. Things that you wished you knew before you started.

Picked up a Wii so I can start playing this. Without me going through the entire thread, what advice to you give to someone who is just starting. Things that you wished you knew before you started.

Read the FAQ in the OP; a lot of questions are answered.

I think the most important are:
-YOU CAN QUICK TRAVEL BETWEEN AREAS. If you go to the menu and select the map, you can warp to any landmark you've been to in the game. It's simple, but many, many people miss the feature.

-Play around with your party setup. This really can't be stressed enough. The game will strongly encourage you to stick with a particular setup, but don't take the bait. Try controlling different characters. Try switching your party up constantly. One of the reasons many think the combat is stale is because they control the same character and have the same team and use the same skills throughout the duration of the 70+ hour game.

-Don't feel obligated to do all of the sidequests, at least not when you first get access to them. There are hundreds of sidequests, and many are boring and routine. If you want the benefit of sidequests without getting burned out on them, take them as you get them and continue to play the game at your own pace. You'll finish many quests without actively seeking the requirements.

-READ THE IN-GAME TUTORIALS. Just do it. They are generally very helpful, and answer most basic questions about game mechanics.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny that this thread is essentially kept active by people asking questions as they start the game. But that's fine, since activity is good.

It's finally the weekend so I'm planning to continue my low-level run, though I really kind of want to rush to the finale so I might end up being less-low-level on some parts. Considering I'm skipping cutscenes (except a few awesome ones) and doing zero sidequests, I can probably make a pretty good dent in the game this weekend. Right at Pr
ison
I
sland
now, hopefully I can finish up most of the
Mechonis areas
. Will probably finish the story from there for boss videos, especially since the later ones will probably be the most interesting given that they'll actually be able to hurt me, but just completing that area is enough to open up stuff to achieve my goal.

I have to say, although I haven't posted much in the past several pages, I'm in complete and utter awe at how you've been able to break open the game's mechanics.

It reminds me of the good old days on the NES, Genesis, and SNES when you would hear from friends or read about people exploiting the various aspects of the game just for the fun of it.

Cheers!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I need to kill a bunch of UM's for skill links to make it achievable, but a "legit" Abaasy kill at level 60 should be pretty awesome. Unless I'm overlooking something, I should definitely be able to do it, and in the 12 minute "nighttime" timeframe.

Legit is kind of questionable, given I'm using cheats to maintain a low level and my equipment, skills+links, and arts are much more akin to a level 99/NG+ party.

But still. The only cheats I'm using are to hinder myself and keep my level/stats lower. Every bit of affinity, every affinity coin, all my AP and SP, all my equipment - 100% legit.

Oh, and if I do succeed, I'll probably do a longass writeup on how it all worked.

Edit: And if I could get Afterburner and Staxrip to play nice with one another I'd try 1080p videos. Don't know anything about color spaces or YUV, YUY, or how I switch from one to another.

TrueBlue

I'll give my full impressions later on, but I have just reached Eryth Sea. How far would you say I am into the story? In terms of percentages.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'll give my full impressions later on, but I have just reached Eryth Sea. How far would you say I am into the story? In terms of percentages.

Just reached it? Probably somewhere between a third and halfway.

I just finished that area... again. Couple more low-level videos incoming. I'll probably level to 30-35 in the next area.

Will probably record Mischievious Naberius as well, he's one of those special unique enemies. Not quite Magestic Mordred levels of special (because holy crap at that one)... but close. Speaking of which, I have to say I'm greatly looking forward to my encounter with that one.

TrueBlue

Thanks for the info. Without wanting to add to the questions, there is one thing. I'm going to do some sidequesting. but Melia is currently away from the party. Will she level up regardless when she rejoins.

Good luck with the low-level run btw.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Questions are fine.

I think characters that are away from the party gain experience just like they do when sidelined (slightly reduced rate), but I'm not 100% sure. In general, it doesn't make much difference unless you do a ton of sidequests and level up a few times since the game will balance experience and catch a lower leveled party member up very quickly.

And really, I think enemies need luck more than I do at this point, since I'm using end-game/NG+ equipment. Even though I'm half the level of some enemies, they still only do 2-3 damage. If I ever redo this, I'll definitely do it with proper armor to make it more challenging.

But I've also had some exceptions to that rule.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of scared to venture into FAQs to get an answer for my question since I don't want to be spoiled, so I'll ask it here instead.

Is the pink-heart icon the highest affinity you can get with someone in your party? Or is there a higher level?

Thanks

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of scared to venture into FAQs to get an answer for my question since I don't want to be spoiled, so I'll ask it here instead.

Is the pink-heart icon the highest affinity you can get with someone in your party? Or is there a higher level?

Thanks

That's the highest. You should have all five skill links available between two characters with affinity that high.

upandaway

You have a long way to go before those quests expire.

And you have a number of "easy" options for your party.

Dunban is a tank, but the emphasis is on dodging and agility, not eating damage.

Alternatively most characters can replace Shulk in the DPS role.

I'd recommend replacing Sharla though, just to get you out of the habit of thinking you need a dedicated healer/support character.

Shulk, Dunban, Reyn is a great party, especially if you take advantage of chain attacks and toppling. You could replace Shulk with Melia for more damage, but you lose Light Heal which is better than any healing Melia has to offer. Would work fine, but it can be nice to have that just in case.

Might be a good idea to experiment with some basic enemies rather than try to continue the story. You can get used to a different party without worrying about a boss or something.
I'm at exactly the same place as him so it's relevant to me too. I've been going with Melia/Dunban/Riki, but the boss in the tomb basically killed Melia in two hits and I couldn't keep her alive at all. Then I switched to Shulk/Dunban/Sharla and the fight was a pushover.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Also, I'd rather have Riki for his bit of healing, but is Reyn that much better?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Not really, Reyn is probably a worse character as a whole (by the end of the game, I'd rank him as second worst, with only Sharla being lower). Any combination of characters is usable, even if they aren't really optimal. I just mentioned Shulk/Dunban/Reyn because that party actually has surprisingly good synergy.

And if you're having trouble with characters dying quickly, you should probably look into getting better armor. I think you can get Jail armor in the tomb and in the next major area, and that's the best armor you'll come across until Brave Armor is available several areas later (aside from Reyn, who would probably be better off with heavy armor).

Haven't uploaded it yet, but I was such a dick during the Skyray "boss" fight. It KO'd my whole party except Dunban (who I was maining) and it was almost dead, so I figure I'd just finish it myself. Then the enemy decided to be an even bigger dick and keep dazing me. :(

Edit: Beat Mischievious Naberius, that was a pretty legitimate challenge. Had Shulk (33), Dunban(36), Riki(40). The last third or so of the battle was a huge mess, but I pulled it off. Difficulty has ramped up a bit, a lot of normal enemies are starting to do actual damage, and unique enemies actually pose a threat.

Alchemy

Well I finally just gave up, the end constantly pushing bosses up in level faster than I could naturally keep up and I didn't feel like putting up the grinding. Youtubed the ending... and just wow. Horrible is the only way to put it. The plot and setting were the only thing I found interesting in the slightest and they decide
lol it was a science experiment

I just don't see what compels people to claim this as a good JRPG for this generation. Hopefully the Last Story isn't anywhere as bad this was.

Alright, I'm at
Valak Mountain
. How much space do I have before I encounter a point of no return?

Also, I have to laugh at British people pronouncing "geyser" as "geezer". "Start looking for a geyser, everyone!" Haw haw.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Two completely contrary opinions one after another.

Alright, I'm at
Valak Mountain
. How much space do I have before I encounter a point of no return?

Also, I have to laugh at British people pronouncing "geyser" as "geezer". "Start looking for a geyser, everyone!" Haw haw.

Still a long way, you're not really much closer to it than you were before. At least another 4-5 areas.

Anyway, a big tip regarding art core coils in Ga
lahad Fortre
ss:

In Galahad Fortress after you disable the pistons and follow the path down, you can take the ramp up on the other side to reach that gated area. The red item there is a key you can use to blow up the turbines with the self-destruct button near the pistons. This is entirely optional, but if you do this, you can follow the tubes up to the broken glass and find art core coils VERY easily.

And humorously enough, I think my some of my party members at ~40 could probably match some people's at >90.

Dunban has 195 agility and 605 strength at level 42. :lol

Leveled up a ton in
Central Factory
, which is kind of contrary to what I'm doing, but I'm nearing my goal level and the characters I plan to use had some huge level differences. Broke out the exp up gems and now they're within a level and a half or so, will even it out with the last 5 levels or so. It's weird being only 5-6 levels lower than the enemies though, after in the 15 range recently.

And of course, this is the last area before the post-game content is unlocked. So... interesting things are on the horizon.

Well, to throw my hat into the "is the game good" ring:
I'm only halfway through the game (apparently), but this is easily my favorite RPG so far this generation. It's the game FFXII should have been. Maybe it'll end poorly and sour my taste, we'll see. I hear lots of complaints about "the twist" and the ending.

Exeunt

For what it's worth, I thought that about the last third of the story was the weakest. I also felt like the ending felt like it lacked some of the impact it was supposed to have—I doubt this is a "lost in translation" thing so much as the way the scenario was conceived. But overall I thought the story was quite serviceable. Sure the initial foreshadowing was a little clumsy, there was a fair bit of padding in cutscenes that basically amounted to "let's go here now" or didn't add much to the story, some of the dialogue was a little contrived, and the exposition in the in the third act was a little lengthy and heavy-handed. But there were also times when I was quite interested to see where the plot was going and just as many times when I thought I knew what was coming next only to be blind-sided by the subsequent cutscene. Overall I can't say that I play video games for their stories, but the story in Xenoblade Chronicles acted as enough of an incentive to push forward when I was content with exploring or seeking out quests in a certain area. I would've been more impressed if it kept delivering on the same level as that initial event that motivates Shulk to start out on his journey, but what I got did its job for me.

I didn't have a huge issue with balance but I tended to fall on the higher end of the level scale through most of the game since I did all of the quests and whatnot. I noticed that levels started to jump more quickly after the
Valak Mountain
area but I honestly don't know what the experience is like for someone who just fights his or her way to each objective. I didn't find the game too easy most of the time even at my relatively higher level but maybe it's less balanced on the other end of the spectrum if you don't know the battle system inside and out. The quest system makes it so that you never really have to "grind" experience from monsters if you don't want to—many quests have you fighting the monsters that would get in your way regardless—but if someone doesn't want to do those I don't know how well fights are distributed.

Those are some of my relevant thoughts without really going into spoiler territory. I said a while back that I would probably share more of my thoughts after distancing myself from the game a bit, but with the current pace of the topic and the fact that it's getting new players lately I think I'll just chip in here and there with my input rather than dumping a whole wall of text at once.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Magestic Mordred was way too easy. Shouldn't have leveled up so much yet, but then again I was still 15 levels lower than it was, so I guess it was probably going to be relatively easy no matter what.

Still, those enemy types are probably the most difficult monsters in the game, relative to their level. Then you throw the uniques in the mix - Mischievious Naberius and Magestic Mordred - and you have some incredibly tough enemies.

Up to over 350 affinity coins. At first I was worried I'd have to grind for more, but really, once I remove all the chain attack skill links, I'll probably have oodles of unused coins.

And my connection seems to be functioning properly again so I'll have to catch up on video uploads.

I've noticed I tend to get Affinity Coins through two means, since you're on the subject:
1) Leveling up.
2) Killing a unique monster.

Are those pretty much the only sources?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's the only way to get them. And they carry over to NG+, but unique monster kills are reset so you can accumulate more from them up to 999 in repeated playthroughs (which seems totally unnecessary).

But your level carries over, so the most you're supposed to get from that is 99. I used a cheat to reset my level for this NG+ run though, so I've gotten some that way as well.

Edit: Dolphin decided to hate me. At the point where you have 3 forced battles
Telethia outside Colony 6
but the game keeps crashing randomly during these fights. Sucks when you've almost won the third one and bam, crash, start all over. Been surprisingly stable to this point, so I guess it had to catch up with me eventually.

Edit: My original goal level was 60. But now I'm rethinking that. No, not because I'm worried I can't do it at 60, but because I'm crazy and think I can do it lower.

Spoilers up to Fa
llen
A
rm
, if you're not at that point I'd advice against clicking the links.

Previous setup: http://i.minus.com/iRH7GG9jTXfaW.jpg

New setup: http://i.minus.com/ikrDvJOT303JD.jpg

Some things are a bit worse, notably agility, but some are better. Strength for 2 of the 3 characters is a key improvement, even if I'm using gems and a special NG+ weapon for one.

Most of this is done thanks to skill links I couldn't afford before, those things are magical.

Edit: #Victory

So, uh, holy shit? I just beat Avalanche Abaasy at level 55, no chain attacks, no topples.

Naturally, it was significantly messier than my previous attempt, given that I was 24 levels higher for it. Also some just plain bad combat, missed QTEs, some late attempts at thwarting a vision (wanted to use Armor as late as possible so the effect would carry as long as possible).

Got a video though, this time in full 1080p glory. Going to take days to upload, but whatever. Still haven't finished out the game, have four bosses left
Lorithia, randomly placed dragon guardian, Dickson, and Zanza
, will probably go ahead and tackle them too.

Edit: Re: Videos. Going to do a mass upload of boss videos up to the point I'm at story-wise this afternoon, plus a couple bonuses (Naberius, Mordred). Will probably finish out the last bosses over the course of next week and maybe try Abaasy again and get a cleaner video. Even though I won, I still feel like some of the crap in there is super-embarrassing like failing on vision tags and countless missed QTEs :lol Or I might just be lazy and upload this one and let people laugh at me.

Congrats chaosblade you magnificent son of a bitch!

Stealth edit: I'm probably a couple of hours from beating the game. I want to do it in one sitting, hopefully tonight. Can't wait to tackle the post-game after that.

Zornica

Banned
gz. chaosblade... thats just crazy

after listening to Jonathan Metts's rant at rfn about the L[spoile]orithia[/spoiler] fight, I'd really like to talk about that issue.

From my point of view, I can't fathom why so many people seem to have a problem with this particular fight.
When I first played xenoblade (in september 2010), the whole game was kinda hard as I couldn't read anything, and didn't understand in detail what was going on (the game was in japanese after all). But: even back than I managed to beat that boss on the first try after a long battle.

some points:

- Is the game being so "easy" up to that point a huge factory for most people that they evaluate this boss much harder than it really is?
When reaching the mechonis, most people tend to get underlevelt because they don't do quests anymore, simply because there aren't any. And I've read that, because the story gets moving faster and faster, players too move faster, ignoring most of the enemies up to egil (which is pretty easy). That results in a HUGE level spike afte egil. (I was lvl 68 on my jp. run when I reached egil, resulting in a tough path to lorithia).

~ because most think that egil is the last boss, they fight less mechon and gain less levels, after egil in bionis interrior, most enemies are restitent against physical attacks, which results in further ignoring fights and just running through.(which, again, the game makes really easy to accomplish)

- Most criticism comes from the AI running into acid pools, and complaints about not beeing able to do something against that - which is wrong, even I knew that back then.
I read some people compaining that the game should have reminded them again about that function. which is another small problem in it's own: the first few hours of the game are probably far too stuffed with new mechanics and options that minor ones like party controll get's brushed aside and quickly forgotten.

- The 3rd huge factor is the party itself ofc. It's probably the 1st and only fight where a shulk/reyn/sharla party really sucks. (and yes, I too used that party...)
I think this was discussed more than enough already...

A personal note:
As I was forced to learn the game and its systems indepth by myself without any turorials helping resulted in a better understanding of its mechanics. Which makes me wonder if tutorials itself aren't somehow hurting the experience in todays gaming. Trial and error is often considered bad gamedesign, but somehow I feel like it points out people who aren't willing to play the game. They just want to race from start to finish and move on. And exactly those people are hitting a brickwall called lorithia

I don't want to be disrespectfull to anyone, this is all based on my experience playing the game and never hitting a wall.

I was lvl 78 at that fight and fucking ate that boss using Melia. So kinda a let down considered that it was hyped to be the hardest battle in the game.

Congrats chaosblade you magnificent son of a bitch!

Stealth edit: I'm probably a couple of hours from beating the game. I want to do it in one sitting, hopefully tonight. Can't wait to tackle the post-game after that.

Just a heads up, in case you aren't aware: the stuff often referred to as "post-game" material isn't actually "post-game" in the sense that you do it after the final boss. Once you beat the game, it's over. If you want to do a lot of the optional bosses and late-game questing but still want a challenging final fight, you should make a save before the point of no return, beat the game, and return to the save to do whatever you want.

Yup I am indeed doing that. Or rather I'm making a copy save before the final point of no return, and then beat the game in one of the files (hopefully with some challenge) and for the other I'm going for the post-game stuff.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Only played 120 hours so far o_O!

I just hit 130 myself, hit level 96 for all my characters and finishing up the
Replica Monado
quests. After that, completing the Collectopaedia and seeing all the heart-to-hearts, then it's time to beat it. 5 day weekend coming up, I know what I'm doing!

Speaking of the collectopaedia, the only item I'm missing is
Jarrell's Love Potion
... but I have no items I can trade with him... what can you trade for that particular item?

Exeunt

From what I've read, the only item in the game you can trade is the
Veritas Glyph
. You can get one by defeating any of the unique monsters that are
level 100 or above
and saving in front of their treasure chest then resetting until you get that particular item. If you really want to go for 100%, you'll need two because one of the achievements is
giving one of your party members a Love Source as a gift
. I don't know how uncommon the item is but I was able to get one without actively resetting for it. There are enough unique monsters that will drop it that you might find one by chance.

MisterHero

I'm in love with this game.

Except I reached
Dickson
at Lv74 and that was when it was finally beat into my brain that I need to work on Ether/Debuff attacks, and try actually using Melia and Riki and finally have to grind a bit. LOL

So now I'm killing those big monsters I used to run away from much earlier in the game.

In terms of fights so far, the hardest ones for me were
Gadolt
and that one
bull monster in the arena
. o_o

TrueBlue

Just reached Varnak (sp?) Mountain, so I assume I'm past the halfway of the story?

Really enjoying myself thus far, grinded to lvl 47 before I proceeded. Is that a decent place to be?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Just reached Varnak (sp?) Mountain, so I assume I'm past the halfway of the story?

Really enjoying myself thus far, grinded to lvl 47 before I proceeded. Is that a decent place to be?

47 is a bit high if you just got there. And Valak is about the halfway point.

Edit: Alright, beat Avalanche Abaasy again at level 55. I was so unhappy with my other attempt, even though I won, that I really wanted to do better. This one is perfect. Not a single character went down - I don't think I even had a point where unbeatable activated either (edit: Actually, it happened once). And I hit my QTEs right this time. :lol

So yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about this one. It's going to be tough waiting until after the next four story bosses to upload it (4.15GB, on my connection, will take forever... might see if I can do it at work).

Like I said, I'll probably write up some details on what I did to make it work if anyone cares, but basically it's just a crap load of skill links. Also had a nifty little occurrence - a random Reef Nebula entered the fight. It was too weak to hurt me, rather, it actually helped! The AI almost never uses AoE arts when in combat with a single enemy, but since the nebula enemy joined in, it meant the AI would use those AoE arts pretty much at will. Don't think I had more than a couple on them anyway, but having Dunban throw in Soaring Tempest is always nice.

Edit: Finally getting this thing encoded. I don't know anything about this stuff, but if the quality is still good I'll much prefer uploading something a bit under 1GB versus something a bit over 4GB.

I just finished
the Mechon fortress, I forget the name
, and it brought a simple question to mind:
There was a self-destruct button that required a key. I got the key but didn't use it, opting to go for the battle against Egil. So my questions are:
1) Could I have used the key to blow the place up?
2) If so, what are the consequences?
3) Does it matter if I attacked Egil or Fiora during the boss battle?
Thanks in advance! Everyone here is really helpful.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished
the Mechon fortress, I forget the name
, and it brought a simple question to mind:
There was a self-destruct button that required a key. I got the key but didn't use it, opting to go for the battle against Egil. So my questions are:
1) Could I have used the key to blow the place up?
2) If so, what are the consequences?
3) Does it matter if I attacked Egil or Fiora during the boss battle?
Thanks in advance! Everyone here is really helpful.
I actually mentioned that a few posts up.

If you use the key, it will destroy the turbines. You can follow those tubes up to the room (the doors will be blocked) and get art core coils. These are pretty rare, and you need 3 of them - one for the collectopedia, and two for Colony 6.

You may want to do that now, since that area becomes unavailable once
the assault starts.

Oh,and for the third question,
I think if you beat Fiora in any of those fights you lose, since the whole point is to protect/save her. But I don't know for sure since I've never tried.

I actually mentioned that a few posts up.

If you use the key, it will destroy the turbines. You can follow those tubes up to the room (the doors will be blocked) and get art core coils. These are pretty rare, and you need 3 of them - one for the collectopedia, and two for Colony 6.

You may want to do that now, since that area becomes unavailable once
the assault starts.
Thanks.

I'm on a beach right now, and can't quick travel back there - will I be able to quick travel back there soon? How close am I to the point of no return?

I've been trying to avoid reading others' posts because I keep highlighting spoilers out of curiosity. :-/

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks.

I'm on a beach right now, and can't quick travel back there - will I be able to quick travel back there soon? How close am I to the point of no return?

I've been trying to avoid reading others' posts because I keep highlighting spoilers out of curiosity. :-/

Yeah,
once the party reuinites you can quicktravel there.

And the point of no return for that area is around the end of the next area (the one after Fallen Arm). And the main point of no return for everything else is a couple areas after that.

Edit: Damn autocorrect.

Yeah,
once the party reuinites you can quicktravel there.

And the point of no return for that area is around the end of the next area (the one after Fallen Arm). And the main point of no return for everything else is a could areas after that.
Thank you. I don't want to miss out on the
Alcamoth
quests.

TunaLover

Man,
Valak Mountain
was such a let down, I was so happy to meet a rich/beautiful open world to found a barren land that only goes in a down slope, it's very frustrating keep the camera in the right spot. I wish they could having include more details to the mountains and the floor, adding trees could be cool, I like blizardas but they could be way more impressive with alot more snow effects, they could make that easily since they are not many objects on screen.

Man,
Valak Mountain
was such a let down, I was so happy to meet a rich/beautiful open world to found a barren land that only goes in a down slope, it's very frustrating keep the camera in the right spot. I wish they could having include more details to the mountains and the floor, adding trees could be cool, I like blizardas but they could be way more impressive with alot more snow effects, they could make that easily since they are not many objects on screen.
I like the area, but not the nighttime song. It has this "I'm repeating again" vibe to it.

MBison

I noticed that if you kill one of the special monsters before activating the side quest to kill that specific monster then the monster doesn't reappear and you can't complete the quest. Is that true? I couldn't find some monsters again :(

Zornica

Banned
I noticed that if you kill one of the special monsters before activating the side quest to kill that specific monster then the monster doesn't reappear and you can't complete the quest. Is that true? I couldn't find some monsters again :(

If you kill it once, it starts spawning at random. You can easily force it to spawn though.
there are a few options:

A)set the time (you don't actually need to change the time, just open the menu and confirm)
B)save + load, load, load, ...
C)warp around the map

repeat one of these methods until it spawns

It's random so it can take more than a few tries.

Cheddahz

Banned
I still need to play this, picked it up when it came out (along with a Classic Controller Pro_), put about three hours into it and just haven't gotten back to it yet.

I guess once I beat Deus Ex: HR and Arkham Asylum, Xenoblade will be my next game

Top Bottom