• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

I just want to move on the story getting frustrated

not going after Mischievous anymore but that strategy sounds great = if he dropped something great tell me I may think it worth it - Monado Armor hunt sounds like a good plan now though

I am at this one switch that should open something its in this little control perch and guarder by a bunch of mechs but going up there for an hour now just want to get passed it...

was Reyn/Riki/Sharla the answer to this?

my level is 58-59 party wide

The stomp AoE had a tendency to 1-shot my characters when I did it, haha.

There are many answers to everything. Chaosblade shared his answer, I shared mine. I'm sure his works just fine. The only notable thing he gives you, IIRC, is an affinity coin.

Zornica

Banned
I just want to move on the story getting frustrated

not going after Mischievous anymore but that strategy sounds great = if he dropped something great tell me I may think it worth it - Monado Armor hunt sounds like a good plan now though

I am at this one switch that should open something its in this little control perch and guarder by a bunch of mechs but going up there for an hour now just want to get passed it...

was Reyn/Riki/Sharla the answer to this?

my level is 58-59 party wide

if you have so much trouble with fights, just craft a bunch of agility gems, and equip them until you hit the limit.

I need more have little agility gems what color are these guys?

I can't believe there is a historian quest at this crazy location what the hell is the lower floor for anyway with the purple liquid

Zornica

Banned
I raised shulk to 50 agility now to see who else I can get up to that...

I suck so bad at these gems

the limit for gems is 150. the more you got, the easier the game gets.
only to be sure: you did level up your arts, right? used skill links etc?
(use your coins to link agility to everyone, or skills that lower armor weight!)

edit: oh shit, I was thinking about ether.

I got passed that part hope I can keep this team together sheesh that was annoying... feels good to finally move on but still have like two floors up the outside gate opened up.

I could not find the quest for the Armor the person that should be giving it is not giving me any

damn so I'll move on, I hope

I will have to make sure everyone has Agility capped tired of dying
KuGsj.gif

I beat one of them at level 55 with a power armor build of the 7th, Sharla on full heal, and Melia. Then died against the second one afterwards but he was down to a sliver. Just my debuff resistance didn't work once.

Samyy

Still stuck in Valak mountain trying to get a couple levels...
Feel like I hit a wall. Im above these UM levels but I guess my strategies suck. Gotta start trying to keep my chains going or something.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Still stuck in Valak mountain trying to get a couple levels...
Feel like I hit a wall. Im above these UM levels but I guess my strategies suck. Gotta start trying to keep my chains going or something.

Arts are leveled up? Skill links? If you're killing the UMs equipment shouldn't be an issue. Focus on slotted stuff, even if it has slightly worse defense.

Samyy

Arts are leveled up? Skill links? If you're killing the UMs equipment shouldn't be an issue. Focus on slotted stuff, even if it has slightly worse defense.

yep and yep, im just gonna stop trying to level and keep looking for random quests and work on raising the affinity in the party. All my equipment is stuff with slots.

So I decided to pick this game up again, and I found out that I still have some materials with blue exclamation marks on them, which is weird, because I thought I was already done with all of the quests in the game, as well as Colony 6 reconstruction. Is it possible to have items like this for which you never end up finding the quests you saw the vision of? Also, I was looking over the spreadsheet, and one thing it could use is a list of where to get all the arts manuals. I tried looking through the list of unique monsters, but that requires already knowing which unique monster drops which arts manual for that to be useful. Perhaps the "Arts" page could also include a column for where to get the art manuals for that art?

Zornica

Banned
So I decided to pick this game up again, and I found out that I still have some materials with blue exclamation marks on them, which is weird, because I thought I was already done with all of the quests in the game, as well as Colony 6 reconstruction. Is it possible to have items like this for which you never end up finding the quests you saw the vision of? Also, I was looking over the spreadsheet, and one thing it could use is a list of where to get all the arts manuals. I tried looking through the list of unique monsters, but that requires already knowing which unique monster drops which arts manual for that to be useful. Perhaps the "Arts" page could also include a column for where to get the art manuals for that art?

Those items could be from a quest where you can take a different path, with another item for example, so the alternativ wouldn't be unmarked afterwards. or maybe was for a times quest?. or maybe it's for a hidden quest. there are a few most people will never encounter, ever. like the one with the noppon wise man. Too bad you can't rewatch the vision, it would tell you who the quest giver was.

@art books: I am not sure about any english sites... until the west version of the game came out, I was long done with the game, and got used to this site:
http://xenobladedata.web.fc2.com/index.html
it's the most complete xenoblade wiki out there, and I found it easy to use, as long as you can count and have some patients.
this would be the art book sektion
http://xenobladedata.web.fc2.com/data/itm_book.html
It tells you who drops it and even gives you a map.
(there is a firefox addon called rikai chan that could help)
sry, thats the best site I know of.

If I knew how to create and host a homepage, I'd gladly try to translate the entire site.

Too bad you can't rewatch the vision, it would tell you who the quest giver was.
Yeah, that's a feature that I've also been wishing this game had.

@art books: I am not sure about any english sites... until the west version of the game came out, I was long done with the game, and got used to this site:
http://xenobladedata.web.fc2.com/index.html
it's the most complete xenoblade wiki out there, and I found it easy to use, as long as you can count and have some patients.
this would be the art book sektion
http://xenobladedata.web.fc2.com/data/itm_book.html
It tells you who drops it and even gives you a map.
(there is a firefox addon called rikai chan that could help)
sry, thats the best site I know of.

If I knew how to create and host a homepage, I'd gladly try to translate the entire site.
Hm, Google Translate doesn't seem to be working on it... If whoever owns the spreadsheet wanted to give you write permissions for it, you could just copy the info there instead of making a new webpage.

Edit: nvm about Google Translate not working, that was only one of the pages that it failed on. It works on the art manuals page at least (somewhat).

After being at the point of no return for about a week, I finished this game off at long last (having bought it on launch day).

I was maybe a tad overleveled for the final boss fights, though (Level 79-80). The last hour was a huge blast, and I was really surprised by a lot of plot twists.

I expected that Alvis was going to turn out to be something different, but I didn't expect that. Nor most of the other twists for the final few cutscenes. Poor Melia being friendzoned was absolutely expected, though. It's still sad. :(

Overall, an amazing experience, and one that will stay with me for a long time. With around 130 hours invested into this game, you can bet I won't ever forget it. I think the story and characters came together extremely well, and the combat and exploration was a blast.

Now, get to announcing Xenoblade 2, Nintendo.

So I killed Ancient Daedala and Blizzard Belzagas today. feelsgoodman.jpg.gif.png

Now, get to announcing Xenoblade 2, Nintendo.
Personally I'd prefer Xenoblade: The Prequel or Xenoblade: The Enhanced HD Remake to a straight sequel. There's a lot more material in the game world's past than there is in the future, considering how the game ended. Personally I'd just prefer the Enhanced HD Remake, as they could use the opportunity to fix a few things I've mentioned as complaints in previous posts, and maybe add in deleted areas like
Bionis's Shoulder

I'd rather Nintendo buy the rights to Xenogears, and Monolith spends the next generation making Episodes I-VI.

THAT would give the Wii U a kick for gamers.

cooljeanius has it right... don't need Xenogears... just have an HD directors cut of Xenoblade with new things added and old stuff fixed

then spend time on what took place in the world before/during the epic battle

I haven't played recently, so still at level 54 and
Galahad Fortress.

I'm trying to find arts heal crystals, but I'm not finding very good info. All I've heard is Crista Apis, of which I can only find one on all of Valak Mountain, and something called Dark Murakmor in Colony 9 which drops a level 1 crystal. There might be water ether somewhere that has level 3 crystals because I have 2 of them, but I don't have any idea where.

Why are you so desperate for Arts Heal crystals? Crystals are pretty minor in their effects until they get to the IV range, and only because you can heat them to V.

upandaway

Finally got around to playing some more and I'm at Sword Valley. I just wanted to say, um, this game is pretty big.

It's a bit really big.

Edit: Forgot to ask, do I need to use all the anti-mechon weapons at the beginning of the area? They're all weaker than my current weapons.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to playing some more and I'm at Sword Valley. I just wanted to say, um, this game is pretty big.

It's a bit really big.

Edit: Forgot to ask, do I need to use all the anti-mechon weapons at the beginning of the area? They're all weaker than my current weapons.

Anti-Mechon weapons are weak, but don't require Enchant to damage Mechon. Unless you just don't want Shulk in your party for some reason, Enchanting normal weapons is much better since you get a damage bonus on top of stronger weapons.

And remember ether attacks hurt Mechon normally, so using Melia (and to a lesser extent, Riki) is not a bad idea.

upandaway

Anti-Mechon weapons are weak, but don't require Enchant to damage Mechon. Unless you just don't want Shulk in your party for some reason, Enchanting normal weapons is much better since you get a damage bonus on top of stronger weapons.

And remember ether attacks hurt Mechon normally, so using Melia (and to a lesser extent, Riki) is not a bad idea.
Okay, so for now I guess I'll get one of them for Dunban and if I feel like going Shulk, I can always switch Dunban's weapon back.

Thanks man.

I kind of want to watch you play just to figure out what you do all day. At 110 hours I was at the end of the game with every sidequest up to that point done along with every optional fight.

I'm not as good at not dying as you guys are... but I am not sure if when I allow the screen to pause or hit the home menu if the clock is still not running because I walked away for hours doing other things without shutting off the game - still I would only take 15 hours off if that was the case

but I think the hours are legit... I have hard times with quests I can spend a good 3-4 hours on a search quest for example I this the historian thing where I had to find 4 red lights in this huge place I got stuck a few times even went to a wiki to look it up because I gave up but the guide was still not clear I went the wrong way... because I saw the "!" on the map right where I was standing but did not see it anywhere so this meant it was above or below me so it took lots of exploring to pinpoint where that damn thing was...

I go to the mine to find two of those little dudes who went to play a game found one but searched another hour in the cave and still did not find the second.

then there is a quest to beat a broken mechonis I go to the area fight a huge number of those bots but I could not find this one I guess its a UM I'll have to look it up so this is how I trend through this game

the most shocking thing to me is the story quest with the big ass <!> billboard sign you can see from miles away... just because you can see it does not mean you know how to get to it or you don't have tons of things that can kill you before you even touch it... maybe I suck at the game but yeah I enjoy the challenges

I have to bomb pieces I need to get to move my story forward but I've been getting killed trying to reach them last 10 times I went after them so you add all of this time wasting stuff up I got a good 70% on my quests done - at least the ones I unlocked

another time waster is running from check point to checkpoint without using a warp, I love running around this world :)

did anyone just go back to
Prison Island
after it was done? there is nothing to be done there but I went back just to look around I can tell be the layouts there is more to the place so the story will return there at some point is my guess also other areas I can see maps for but no paths. And many LOCKED huge ass doors in areas I have no clue what they are for

If I don't hustle I'll hit 150 hours before my first playthrough is done

I know the answer is probably in here and could easily google but how do you level up more after you fill all the circles? It says find a script or something to continue leveling. Where do you find them

Zornica

Banned
I know the answer is probably in here and could easily google but how do you level up more after you fill all the circles? It says find a script or something to continue leveling. Where do you find them

circles? oO do you mean arts?
if so, you can/should buy art books. nearly every trader has them, starting at colony 9.

Personally I'd prefer Xenoblade: The Prequel or Xenoblade: The Enhanced HD Remake to a straight sequel. There's a lot more material in the game world's past than there is in the future, considering how the game ended. Personally I'd just prefer the Enhanced HD Remake, as they could use the opportunity to fix a few things I've mentioned as complaints in previous posts, and maybe add in deleted areas like
Bionis's Shoulder

I don't know; it seemed to me like the ending set things up perfectly for a sequel.
All the talk about endless other life forms out there to meet seemed to open up a huge amount of possibilities for future developments.

A prequel could be interesting, but it would feel like there couldn't be that many surprises, given how much we learn about the history of the world in this game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding a sequel, I already said (end game spoilers)
Miqol is either a Zanza disciple or at least wanted to be.
There's your mastermind for the sequel, with the goal of
bringing gods (specifically Zanza) back into the world.

Anyway, I don't think the game did well enough worldwide to justify a sequel, unless Takahashi already had more planned. Wouldn't put it past him, but this seemed pretty cut and dry for the most part.

So I tried to slip in one battle against Avalanche Abaasy before I left to go back to college, and the guy has
Instant Death spike
? Good grief, as if being level 120 weren't enough...

Regarding a sequel, I already said (end game spoilers)
Miqol is either a Zanza disciple or at least wanted to be.
If that's true,
why did he let you take Junks into Bionis to fight Zanza? Doesn't really seem like something a disciple would do...

Anybody have a problem with Shulk dying right after finishing a chain attack?

I don't know if its a bug or some stupid armor I'm wearing that doesnt tell me its killing me

what are the steps to Raising Town Affinities? I read you may not get some quest depending on a towns level and my skill trees are done for the max of 3 lines but if my towns are leveled up, I don't want to spoil it for someone but I need help, I don't understand it but each town has five stars right? I only have one lit up for each.

this would add hours to talk to everyone and find everything

how many playthroughs would be needed to get 100%

Zornica

Banned
what are the steps to Raising Town Affinities? I read you may not get some quest depending on a towns level and my skill trees are done for the max of 3 lines but if my towns are leveled up, I don't want to spoil it for someone but I need help, I don't understand it but each town has five stars right? I only have one lit up for each.

you need 2 playthroughs to see everything. the only thing you will miss in a single playthrough are quests with 2 different paths.
Most people forgett about a very important thing when trying to raise the affinty of a town: talking to people. Social links are very important, not only do they open up new quests, they also give background story and some affinty as well. Talk to every npc at LEAST twice in a row, until he stops telling you new stuff.

let me check..

I noticed that when ever my guys land an attack there health goes down

thats a spike aura.
you've got a few options:
Ignore that enemy, craft spike defense gems, seal it with monado "erase??" (that art you learned against the telethia), skill linking (melia got spike defense), or try to stay alive with healing until it is dead.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If that's true,
why did he let you take Junks into Bionis to fight Zanza? Doesn't really seem like something a disciple would do...

He didn't think Shulk would win. Probably expected the group to lose to the disciples, not even Zanza himself.

But to be fair, that's the one thing that's a bit of a stretch. Almost everything else about the character leaves some questions about motivations.
What's his relationship with Dickson? Is it really a coincidence his initial request happens to be the exact same thing that Dickson (and Zanza) wants? He also must have had a pretty decent of not only what the Monado was, but what Shulk was as well.

If there were to be a sequel that's related, I think that's the direction they would go. But I doubt we'll see sequel at all, aside from maybe a spiritual one that builds on what Xenoblade did.

1) Quests
2) Talking to people to build relationships.
3) You can max 5 stars for each village on your first playthrough. At the point you are at right now, I had 3 at 5 stars and 1 at 4 stars.

let me check..

I noticed that when ever my guys land an attack there health goes down
That's the definition of a spike aura. ;-)

those Gems can be less than helpful... someone should teach a Gems class
The OP has a link to a page that teaches you how gems work.

He didn't think Shulk would win. Probably expected the group to lose to the disciples, not even Zanza himself.

But to be fair, that's the one thing that's a bit of a stretch. Almost everything else about the character leaves some questions about motivations.
What's his relationship with Dickson? Is it really a coincidence his initial request happens to be the exact same thing that Dickson (and Zanza) wants? He also must have had a pretty decent of not only what the Monado was, but what Shulk was as well.

If there were to be a sequel that's related, I think that's the direction they would go. But I doubt we'll see sequel at all, aside from maybe a spiritual one that builds on what Xenoblade did.
Or, what if he's on Alvis' side?

Top Bottom