• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

Mr YuYu

just started to play this game yesterday. And WOW!!

I have had this game since launch bu never started playing it because of the 80h it takes to complete this baby.

Now i wish i started sooner. the first 3 hours blew me away allready. This game also gives me a nostalgic feeling. No idea why.

I encountered a neat little glitch. I was fighting Ancient Daedolon with Melia as my main, and I killed it right as it killed me while in Elemental Burst. The game called that a win for me, I auto-resurrected as per the norm, but I was still in burst! So now I can run around outside of combat in burst mode. I turned off the game before I thought about testing it any further, but it's a neat little thing to know.

I had noticed this a few times with burst, I think I was Dunban though

I just did not pay much attention to it since it was like another glitch I got when sometime all enemies are down but the red line is still around my party for a while and they are stuck shooting and slashing at nothing for like half a minute or until I walk away from the line

Jezan

just started to play this game yesterday. And WOW!!

I have had this game since launch bu never started playing it because of the 80h it takes to complete this baby.

Now i wish i started sooner. the first 3 hours blew me away allready. This game also gives me a nostalgic feeling. No idea why.
Exactly this!!!

I'm loving it!!! I don't know something about it reminds me of the days when I played Chrono Trigger, FF6, Chrono Cross for the first time and I was floored by the awesomeness.

Also so many quests!!! <3

bigdude1

Banned
I finally beat
Lorenthia/telethia in the bionis heart

for some reason i had the hardest time beating her, this was the first time i needed to change my party (from shulk, sharla, reyn) to dumban melia sharla

but i FINALLY beat her, the hardest boss in the game for me by far

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I finally beat
Lorenthia/telethia in the bionis heart

for some reason i had the hardest time beating her, this was the first time i needed to change my party (from shulk, sharla, reyn) to dumban melia sharla

but i FINALLY beat her, the hardest boss in the game for me by far

Yeah... that's probably a pretty huge reason as to why you had a lot of trouble.

bigdude1

Banned
Yeah... that's probably a pretty huge reason as to why you had a lot of trouble.

yeah, once i switched to the other party i actually knocked down more than 20 percent of her healthbar without really being aquainted to their skills (which the other party couldnt get past 20 percent)

just a little tweaking and she was much easier

I level 5 my shops in colony 6 can someone help me with
Z Speed shop - I leveled my shops but I went to a shop that is open at 3am but it does not sell it do I have to wait until after the events at Micronis Core? Or am I doing something else wrong have not invited anyone yet

I level 5 my shops in colony 6 can someone help me with
Z Speed shop - I leveled my shops but I went to a shop that is open at 3am but it does not sell it do I have to wait until after the events at Micronis Core? Or am I doing something else wrong have not invited anyone yet
Some shops are from invitees.

Zornica

Banned
and some shops only open at night. took me hours to figure that out.

edit: I saw the monolithsoft banner during the jp. nintendo direct... and I came.

edit2: after playing a lot of guild wars 2, I found a mechanic they could improve in a successor to xenoblade. guildwars 2 is vey similar, all about huge vistas and exploration, and you get rewarded for everything you do, but they also found a way to use the jump mechanics and created neat plattforming elements and so called "jump puzzles" for the game. even if the jumping mechanics aren't that great (like xb), they are a lot of fun and feel rewarding. I think monolithsoft should steal the idea and implement something like that

I am still inviting people I think I found who the shop owner should be but I need to get
population to 120
to invite?

so this is like the last possible person I can invite! damn

anyway moving very slow because of all the damn timed quest in that one area and why does it have so many broken transporters in this area its so hard to walk everywhere you'll think there would be a way to get them all to work

Is this something the devs left out?

this game has many clues to something was left out so many strange things I run into make me wondeer if it could have been planned

time to play some more hope I can finish these timed quests

ajim

I found this video of a massive area cut from the game and thought to post it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l86GCaqZuxY

I'm sure it's old for people who have been through the game and such, but there've been some newcomers and they might appreciate it. It's a shame that such a massive, beautiful area went to waste.

Awesome, never seen it before. I wonder why it was cut? Maybe because it's more of the 'same' as we've seen a few times over throughout the game?

Awesome, never seen it before. I wonder why it was cut? Maybe because it's more of the 'same' as we've seen a few times over throughout the game?
Xenoblade already went well past its deadline. I imagine that Nintendo has its limits with what they allow. Reportedly, it was to be an area inhabited by
giants

I think I finished the Alca timed quests so I am ready to go since it took me a hour just to get the time changed enough to trigger a damn shooting star night on Eryth Sea

Goes back to Alca just to be sure I got every timed Quests and POW! some damn Talia who never really said much and a white (!) over her head! :( will these timed quest ever end? NO this other woman lost her SON too! dammit! Now her son wants me to be his slave too

got to love the amount of work these devs put into the game lol so in looking at the amount of work it will take me to finish as many quest as possible in my second play I might need a second NG+ run to do it. I just cannot imagine being bored enough to do all of Alca's 50+ timed quests again

so now when I think I am done I had to double check my list when to Xenoblade wiki it seems I am missing surprise quests from another area that ties in with this area.

I cannot move this story ahead too many timed quests.

Can someone tell me the exact cut off of timed quests? how far is too far to go? I always here M. Core events but not sure where the timed quest get cut off. Help!

I found this video of a massive area cut from the game and thought to post it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l86GCaqZuxY

I'm sure it's old for people who have been through the game and such, but there've been some newcomers and they might appreciate it. It's a shame that such a massive, beautiful area went to waste.

the strange thing about that area its on the disc and I heard you can hack into it so I plan to make this a goal of mine after getting a WiiU and not caring about bricking my Wii

what also bugs me about the area is what was planned for it and how did it tie in and also seeing the location that it is is still used in some cutscenes at the end of the game annoys me.

so I want to hack into it.

Note: looking at my timed Alca quests I am not sure if adding this area would have been a blessing lol

Xenoblade already went well past its deadline. I imagine that Nintendo has its limits with what they allow. Reportedly, it was to be an area inhabited by
giants

ah maybe not I would have liked to see that it would have explained a lot.

hope the next Monolith game has no cuts at least if they have cuts they don't leave it on the disc for fans to find

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Things always get cut from games. The left shoulder most likely would have been before Eryth Sea, after Makna Forest. The transition between those two areas did end up being pretty wonky, and with two sensible exceptions, it's the only area transition you can't make a return trip to.

Bururian

I'm about 17 hours into the game and just entered Nippon Village. I'm still having trouble with healing during battle up to this point. My medic is in reserve at this point and I'm rolling with Shulk, Reyn and Dunban trying to keep damage output up, but I'm almost losing Shulk every battle I enter. I need some advice on how to keep myself from not almost dying so much.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about 17 hours into the game and just entered Nippon Village. I'm still having trouble with healing during battle up to this point. My medic is in reserve at this point and I'm rolling with Shulk, Reyn and Dunban trying to keep damage output up, but I'm almost losing Shulk every battle I enter. I need some advice on how to keep myself from not almost dying so much.

Shulk shouldn't be holding aggro. Make sure you're fighting the same enemy as Reyn or Dunban and not trying to solo something, and use Shadow Eye to keep your aggro down. It hurts Dunban's survivability, but using Spirit Breath instead of Serene Heart could help him keep aggro better.

And agility agility agility. Screw defense (except on Reyn).

Things always get cut from games. The left shoulder most likely would have been before Eryth Sea, after Makna Forest. The transition between those two areas did end up being pretty wonky, and with two sensible exceptions, it's the only area transition you can't make a return trip to.
You think so? The leveling between those areas is so smooth. It makes more sense to me for it to be a post-game only area where you can expand your knowledge of the lore before going to the final boss. Otherwise, wouldn't it be a bit spoiler-y to encounter all of those creatures of that race? I'm sure they'd have highly relevant things to say...

Run naked Dunban tank.

Bururian

Shulk shouldn't be holding aggro. Make sure you're fighting the same enemy as Reyn or Dunban and not trying to solo something, and use Shadow Eye to keep your aggro down. It hurts Dunban's survivability, but using Spirit Breath instead of Serene Heart could help him keep aggro better.

And agility agility agility. Screw defense (except on Reyn).

I have been utilizing Shadow Eye to keep the aggro off Shulk, but generally after one of two talent arts, the aggro revs right back up on him. It doesn't happen every time, but enough times that it has become annoying.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the agility skill the last one on the Wisdom tree? If so that would make naked Dunban pointless at that point in the game since all he'll do is gain aggro faster. You can do that with gems. If it's the first one then no armor + Serene Heart should mean he pretty much never gets hit.

Just expect him to die if ether attacks come his way.

I have been utilizing Shadow Eye to keep the aggro off Shulk, but generally after one of two talent arts, the aggro revs right back up on him. It doesn't happen every time, but enough times that it has become annoying.

Make sure you're leveling up Shadow Eye, but I guess that's obvious. Also make sure Dunban has Blinding Blossom since he'll regularly use that to draw aggro from party members. And I assume you mean Monado Buster? It's not really even worth using outside of some Mechon fights since Backslash deals more damage and doesn't kill your talent gauge, which is more effectively used on support arts (Shield, Speed, another you don't have yet).

Might use aggro down gems if it comes down to it.

Isn't the agility skill the last one on the Wisdom tree? If so that would make naked Dunban pointless at that point in the game since all he'll do is gain aggro faster. You can do that with gems. If it's the first one then no armor + Serene Heart should mean he pretty much never gets hit.
Oh, maybe it is too early for that. Then I change my answer to not-naked Dunban tank!

Make sure you're leveling up Shadow Eye, but I guess that's obvious. Also make sure Dunban has Blinding Blossom since he'll regularly use that to draw aggro from party members. And I assume you mean Monado Buster? It's not really even worth using outside of some Mechon fights since Backslash deals more damage and doesn't kill your talent gauge, which is more effectively used on support arts (Shield, Speed, another you don't have yet).

Might use aggro down gems if it comes down to it.
I always had problems drawing aggro with Shulk early on, personally. I eventually just stacked damage gems on Shulk and went around 1-shotting things from behind (or close to) instead of fighting battles legitimately. :p

The best advice on getting aggro off of Shulk is really just to not use Shulk. The player will always do a better job tanking than the AI.

Fixed.

But I think the AI used Sharla better than me, but that's probably because I never used Sharla. :lol
Truth in the fixing.

But the AI isn't particularly good with Sharla. It tends to overheal instead of healing when it's needed, so while characters are topped off, when a big hit comes she's sometimes overheating or out of heals. Ideally, she should cool-off any time after the halfway point on her talent gauge when there's a lull in the battle.

The AI also tends to misuse headshot, either shooting it before an enemy is dazed or not shooting it when an enemy can't be dazed.

Finally, if you run Sharla like I do, with the debuff gems, AI Sharla is so busy throwing out bad heals and crappy attacks like Thunder Bullet that she doesn't always get enough autoattacks in to refresh the debuffs. I actually restructured my Sharla's skills so she would spend more time autoattacking.

olimpia84

I just got to the
Mechonis Central Factory, now I need to head to central ring to take a transport to the capital.
How far along am I (percentage wise) in the game? (ignoring sidequests)
I'm just curious to see how close/far I am.

Chrom

I'm on my second playthrough and am trying to do every quest in the game, but I need some help on a particular quest in Colony 9. It's called The Old Soldier's Test.

"To make the quest available, Dionysis must be spoken to in the Residential District. He will ask what the party thinks of Jan's dating Minnie."

In the story, I'm at the point where
you have to unlock the seals to Prison Island
and already have a five star affinity with Colony 9. However, no matter what hour of the day it is, whenever I talk to Dionysis, he never asks me this question. What's the deal with this? Is there something else that I have to do?

Chrom

The best advice is always to talk to everyone in town twice. Sometimes you need to link a relationship up.

Also, I thought folks would be interested in this:
http://realnintendonews.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/monolithsoft-tells-fans-to-watch-tokyo-game-show/

Thanks for the tip. I have already been talking to NPCs multiple times, but I suppose I may need to do more of it and continue building affinities in order to see it.

As for the news, oh man. I hope it's a megaton. I'm definitely stoked to see what's up tomorrow.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I think I saw this, but never a translation. Weird, Nintendo usually doesn't participate in TGS at all. Could just be another anime game collab with Bandai. Monolith Soft still does those despite being owned by Nintendo. I'd guess that's what their 3DS game is (they have a separate team working on one).

And The Old Soldier's Test is a weird one, I've done it twice, but I still don't know exactly what triggered it. You should definitely be able to do it at that point as long as you have all three characters involved on the affinity chart.

I have a question, at the military HQ in Colony 9 there is a fenced off area to the east side that you cannot get to but at night I see 3 guys huddle together in a group behind the fenced off area. What gives? how to I get to them?

(could be achievement related)

Chrom

I have a question, at the military HQ in Colony 9 there is a fenced off area to the east side that you cannot get to but at night I see 3 guys huddle together in a group behind the fenced off area. What gives? how to I get to them?

(could be achievement related)

I always thought that area was just there for show. As far as I know, you can't actually go there.

in a game that encourages you to explore they stick a fence in just to mess with me. Oh well I notice they do this in Colony 6 as well just have not seen guys talking behind them

I made it to the point just before
Mecronis Core
I did not do this the first playthrough but now I've gone to every high location with a good skyview

It is animated well for such a large thing. Also seeing Bionis' hand and fingers when the sword is no longer over head

I want a sequel :(

sidekicks, I cannot beat any level 90+ monsters any tips?

why does putting Spike Gems seem to nearly kill me? I go red with one hit
Spike Gems deal spike damage to opposing monsters - it should have no effect on how much damage you take.

The easiest way to beat 90+ monsters is using Riki/Sharla/Melia. Stack defense and slowly kill anything with damage over time.

Top Bottom