• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

Celegus

Didn't it say on the skill page that it's something like 30% agility increase? That seems a little silly.

Yeah I believe it's 30%. I thought it might be worthwhile if it was just the chest armor, but completely naked? I was hoping there was just something I was missing, since it is the last skill on one of his trees.

Yes, the skill requires no armor at all to activate.

It's not worth it. At the point in the game where the skill would unlock, you would have access to enough slotted armor to stack Dunban with agility gems and whatever else you choose.

The agility isn't really worth the stat losses from unequipping the armor and losing access to gem slots.

Mr.Mister

Neo Member
IIRC, the healing comes from an aura, "Superheal" or something. By this point, you should have three ways to deal with auraras: Purge (inflicts Aura Seal), Mind Blast (always removes the current aura, even if its main efect, Arts Seal, is resisted), and Daze (removes current aura, although obviously it won't work with the "Crazed" aura some named monsters have, since it gives topple and daze immunity; this side effect will usually be emplyed against you rather than the enemy).

IISRC, the enemy's first move on the second phase of the fight will always be Superheal, so you may want to save your chain attack, monado gauge and/or Elemental Burst state (preferibly the chain attack though, independently of wether you choose one of these moves or daze, since both of them have some seconds of animation before they connect and Superheal heals... well, superfast).

Also, Ether Def Up!

EDIT: Forgot to say that Behave also specifically remove Crazed, with chance of success based on tension, but I can only think of one fight when it did come in handyto me. It was a mischievious fight though.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Crazed aura murders children and kittens.

It's the only enemy aura that's actually threatening. It's funny when Abaasy uses Awakening. I mean, what the hell difference does 2-4 levels make when it's already 20+ levels higher than the player party? There's no further level penalty at that point, and I don't think Awakening increases stats (and if it does the difference doesn't seem significant, especially compared to the strength + haste that crazed offers).

Mr.Mister

Neo Member
Yeah, crazed... *shivers* I realised my best chance at Godowin, with me being 2 levels below was to murder him before Crazed murdered me, so I went all Blitzkrieg on him. Paid off. (I know the mighty chaosblade probably did better than me thanks to Agility gems and topple-locking, but I was happy!)

There's also Naeborius, where you can make a strategy out of Thunder, and when you think you got it-BAM, nope you're gonna get stomped like it or not.

I don't know if Awakening increases stats either. I mean, it would if the player were to use it, since stats increase with level.

I guess you'd need to check on some mook that can appear at different levels. A max-crit Truth against some leg Gogols might do the trick: count the number of auto-attacks neede to bring one down; if it's not consistent accros their level range, then HP escalates automatically per monster level, and so do their other stats probably, which means Awakening raises stats too.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure different level enemies have different stats, otherwise there wouldn't be much point in having them be different levels.

I'm just thinking back to the damage output. I don't remember Awakening causing a real, tangible increase, especially compared to Crazed. Even with Awakening I remember Abaasy's bite dealing in the ballpark of 7000 damage, but with crazed it could hit nearly 10,000, if not higher.

On lower level enemies Awakening works better because the level adjustment cap hasn't been hit (it maxes at 20 levels). Even if there is no stat change the difference in level will result in the enemy being harder to kill due to how the game is balanced.

Mr.Mister

Neo Member
You know, the EXP stealing bonus on Yoink! might have been less annying if it had a chance to lower (or even downright steal for the rest of the fight) the enemy's level. Now that would be interesting.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That would be a neat idea for a skill in X, I'm sure Monolith will go for a similar character in that game. Could be really useful.

Mr.Mister

Neo Member
Come to think of it, how would a Nopon look in X's HD style? If they're still around that is: even if it is/were set in the same "universe" (because I don't know what to call it), that game could take place on
another land

My guess is that it'll be another new species that take their place in X. Anybody feels like drawing what they think they would like?

Edgeward

I'm starting to get notifications of my pack being full as I'm making my way to the jungle. I know I can just get rid of items but I don't know what. So many of them have stars next to it. ;_;

Zornica

Banned
I'm starting to get notifications of my pack being full as I'm making my way to the jungle. I know I can just get rid of items but I don't know what. So many of them have stars next to it. ;_;

sort by price, sell the cheapest but only small bags and only the ones without any marks!

Mr.Mister

Neo Member
I'm a sidequest whore, but I didn't run out of space on materials until much later in the game, so I find it curious. Anyway, despite them being a small bag, don't sell all of your Elemental Chunks yet, they shall remain your best (and sometimes only) option for trading for a good while still.

Celegus

I found a list someone posted on GameFAQs a while back and printed it out, that lists all the materials that are safe to sell. I also ran out of room when I first got to Makna Forest. Some of the small bag items are quest items though, so that theory doesn't actually work.

Zornica

Banned

I found a list someone posted on GameFAQs a while back and printed it out, that lists all the materials that are safe to sell. I also ran out of room when I first got to Makna Forest. Some of the small bag items are quest items though, so that theory doesn't actually work.

It's not a theory, it's common sense. The small bags are common drops. It's not hard to get those if needed. the bigger begs are rare drops. getting them can be a real pain.
so, if you don't have a list or don't want to bother with one, sell the stuff thats the easiest to get back.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Though once you know how the drops are calculated silver chests (and thus, uncommon items) can be had pretty easily. Attack a group mob (the ones that are programmed to all attack if you fight just one of them) and you are almost guaranteed a silver (or gold) chest. Fight single mobs for brown chests.

This is actually really important to keep in mind for a certain quest in Agniratha, because you need some common/brown chest items that come from a specific enemy, but there's only one of those that is not part of a group mob. So you can spend forever getting silver chests and never brown ones, so you'll never get the item you need unless you find that specific single enemy.

Mr.Mister

Neo Member
Silver and gold chests always have a wood chest item too, except that the chance it's the rare drop is higher. You can also use Yoink: you're pretty much guaranteed to get the most common drop each time (people loaded with demonic everflames will understand).

BTW, I'd be interested if someone would help me determine wether Heat Bullet's tension boost is immedieately applied during a chain attack (as in, it ups tension after its use, not after the chain attack finishes). I'm just curious, as it doesn't produce any upvote, and I have never anyone (I'm looking at you 7th) up their tension level after its detonation.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure.

Like I said, it's a pain in the ass with that one collection quest in Agniratha for example. I spent at least an hour killing the group of them and always got silver chests, and never got the brown chest drop I needed. So after scouring the whole area I finally found the one spawn for a single one of that enemy, and was able to save-load abuse on it and quickly get the quest items I needed.

I never tried Yoink for that though, so that could work too.

Celegus

For the most part, I almost prefer to collect the more "rare" materials since you usually need fewer and I happen to find them just as often. Maybe it's because I use Riki a lot and have his silver chest skill (+1 or 2 linked) but the difficulty of finding common vs rare materials seems pretty negligible.

Mr.Mister

Neo Member
Yeah, RNG probably just happened to play you a prank, chaosblade.

Just coincidence.

Like, I set the clock, and I spent a whole half an hour reloading on three golden chests until I finally got some goddamn Asura cuisses (purely collection purpose). Then I celebrated it by killing the Piranhas that provided them to me, and got two more pairs in the process.

Agniratha's real jerkness was the collection quests. Save, HOME, reset, load...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Haven't had as much time as I'd to like to to play this, but finally just decided to make some time. Just made it to the Satorl Marsh...it's so beautiful at night, with the swirls and music and all. Just wanted to share ._.

Celegus

Haven't had as much time as I'd to like to to play this, but finally just decided to make some time. Just made it to the Satorl Marsh...it's so beautiful at night, with the swirls and music and all. Just wanted to share ._.

Just wait till Eryth Sea... sometimes I really forget this is a Wii game. It's rare when a game will actually get me to explore and look up at the sky and stare at the scenery just for the sake of how beautiful it is.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just wait till Eryth Sea... sometimes I really forget this is a Wii game. It's rare when a game will actually get me to explore and look up at the sky and stare at the scenery just for the sake of how beautiful it is.

Looking forward to it. I'm just about there I believe. I just beat
the Telethia after getting the Heropon Riki (who's hilarious lol)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

This game is begging for an HD remake. That said I'd rather they work on X.

Chris R

So I just got to the Marsh tonight... how much longer until I can get to a place to fuse crystals again? All these slots and I have garbage crystals to fill them :(

Zornica

Banned
How do you fast travel again? I tried to do it from the map but I couldn't get a different region selected :(

does noone nowadays go through the menus before playing a game? It's like 90% of the people missed the quicktravel entirely. I really can't comprehend that. It's litteraly the 1st tile in the menu bar.
(btw, when you'r at it, you may want to check out the rest too, there is some really usefull stuff in there!)

Chris R

does noone nowadays go through the menus before playing a game? It's like 90% of the people missed the quicktravel entirely. I really can't comprehend that. It's litteraly the 1st tile in the menu bar.
(btw, when you'r at it, you may want to check out the rest too, there is some really usefull stuff in there!)

I never went to that menu tab (and didn't have the game running when I asked the question :p) I just use the back button to open the map and thought the quick travel would work from there.

Mr.Mister

Neo Member
And there was a pop-up tutorial telling you how to fast travel between areas.

Anyway, something really wierd happened while I was fighting Belgazas. There was the red AoE vision countdown, so I was going to kill him before he killed me, the vision shutters beccause I (Shulk) get the aggro... except that as soon as the target-change slow-mo finishes (like, a 1-frame delay), the vision shutters again and changes to Reyn, then immediately (1 frame) changes back to Shulk again. Happens like twelve or more times in a row before slo-mo Matrix auto-attacks kill him.

Either the aggro bugged out, or it had something to do with the volatile aggro loss rate of both Reyn and Shulk being improbably synchronized.

ag-my001

And there was a pop-up tutorial telling you how to fast travel between areas.

Anyway, something really wierd happened while I was fighting Belgazas. There was the red AoE vision countdown, so I was going to kill him before he killed me, the vision shutters beccause I (Shulk) get the aggro... except that as soon as the target-change slow-mo finishes (like, a 1-frame delay), the vision shutters again and changes to Reyn, then immediately (1 frame) changes back to Shulk again. Happens like twelve or more times in a row before slo-mo Matrix auto-attacks kill him.

Either the aggro bugged out, or it had something to do with the volatile aggro loss rate of both Reyn and Shulk being improbably synchronized.

So instead of Topple-lock, you discovered Aggro-lock? Cool.

Finally got this game running on Dolphin, but can't seem to get my selected codes to work. Already been through the game 1.75 times, so I just wanted to up the AP rate to speed things up a bit. Oh well, I'll have more time in the summer for a proper trip through the game.

Celegus

So I just got to the Marsh tonight... how much longer until I can get to a place to fuse crystals again? All these slots and I have garbage crystals to fill them :(

Also, if you work on Colony 6 (IIRC) you'll get an item pretty quickly that lets you craft gems anywhere.

Mining for Poison Plus gems in the Forgotten cave in Tephra Cave, but after that I'm pretty much ready to take on the superbosses.

Got the whole party at lv 96(riki is 97)

Got the best possible weapons(imo) and armour for all characters

Got all desired gems (well we'll see once I actually battle the bosses)

Got all skill trees

Got all advanced books

Rebuilt Colony 6 100%

Did all possible quests

Did all heart-to-heart encounters

Come at me bosses!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You should be able to get it, I think it's the reward for getting each part of Colony 6 upgrading one time. All the items required for that should be available before the Marsh.

Got all desired gems (well we'll see once I actually battle the bosses)

There are enough ways to tackle them that as long as you have Agility VI and a plan for everything else, you're probably fine.

There are enough ways to tackle them that as long as you have Agility VI and a plan for everything else, you're probably fine.
The OCD in me hates that Agility VI gems only adds 40 and not the max 50 like some other VI gems does... Well and the fact that you end up using to two gem spots if you aim for max agility.

I also got some Mega Heat VI Divine Protect, Debuff Resist, Topple Resists, Daze Resists and Spike Defence to cover most stuff hopefully.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The OCD in me hates that Agility VI gems only adds 40 and not the max 50 like some other VI gems does... Well and the fact that you end up using to two gem spots if you aim for max agility.

I also got some Mega Heat VI Divine Protect, Debuff Resist, Topple Resists, Daze Resists and Spike Defence to cover most stuff hopefully.

Agility VI does add 50, you need to megaheat them.

Also, you don't need Divine Protect with Debuff Resist. Debuff also includes protection against instant death.

Mr.Mister

Neo Member
You can do like me too and disregard Debuff Resist gems with more than 75% by principle of balance-breakingly overpoweredness.

You could take on Arsene pretty easily without preparations though: a Topple-Lock with Dunban, Reyn and 7th ought to be enough, what with all the party gauge you can fill up by killing other mooks using AoEs (specially Final Cross) on chain attacks. And if you use Demon Slayer, you won't even need neither Night Vision nor Agility gems; just make sure you start the first chain attack (where you'll use Demon Slayer) while there's a vision, to ensure that 7th will reach max tension thanks to the two vision shatters due to each topple.

Agility VI does add 50, you need to megaheat them.

Also, you don't need Divine Protect with Debuff Resist. Debuff also includes protection against instant death.
Doh XD I could have sworn I mega heated my agility gems a long time ago, I guess all the VI ones I got must have been from quests and whatnot. Ok then I then I got some more gem crafting to do so my OCD can finally be at peace.

And thanks for the info on Divine Protect being inferior compared to debuff resists.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You can do like me too and disregard Debuff Resist gems with more than 75% by principle of balance-breakingly overpoweredness.

Yeah, there are some really good gems, but nothing else is really as overpowered as Debuff Resist.

I assume you would have also avoided Monado Armor, or at least maxing it, because it's pretty clearly the most broken art in the game. I do say that Serene Heart is pretty close to that one, but not many others give that art much love. With that plus maximum agility otherwise, even Abaasy should seriously struggle to hit Dunban with physical attacks when he's at lowish HP.

Yeah Monado Armour is crazy. I'm glad I quickly(halfway through the game I guess) left Shulk out of my party as I found the difficulty too easy and combat too repetitive, best decision I made!

Mr.Mister

Neo Member
I assume you would have also avoided Monado Armor, or at least maxing it, because it's pretty clearly the most broken art in the game. I do say that Serene Heart is pretty close to that one, but not many others give that art much love. With that plus maximum agility otherwise, even Abaasy should seriously struggle to hit Dunban with physical attacks when he's at lowish HP.

I'm fine with Monado Armor existing, though I've only had to use it for Demon Purging Fire, the stomp from Belgazas, and the initial LAZERRRRR (with a timing such that the vision kicks in during the Monado Armor casting animation, essentially replenishing the whole talent gauge and increasing tension due to the damage reduction, ready for Enchant).

Not that I go for a preferred strategy anyway, I can and do get around with pretty much every party and role combination regularly.

As for Serene Hearth, it comes with the same kickback as Speed: Conditions for an enemy art triggering a vision only involve its effect on the targeted character, so a Titan Stomp or Crazy Dance-like move can kill the other two party members and not trigger a vision because the targeted character evaded it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
As for Serene Hearth, it comes with the same kickback as Speed: Conditions for an enemy art triggering a vision only involve its effect on the targeted character, so a Titan Stomp or Crazy Dance-like move can kill the other two party members and not trigger a vision because the targeted character evaded it.

Well, it's not perfect, but neither is Monado Armor in that it doesn't block all damage ;)

I was actually going to make pretty heavy use of that on a Dunban solo playthrough, but it wouldn't really help enough to make the whole game beatable. I think Galahad Fortress and onward would really start getting somewhat luck-based or rely on overleveling, especially against bosses. Talent Arts and ether-based attacks would be a huge hindrance, and you start running into quite a few rough talent arts at that point.

Deku Tree

How much game do I have left?

I am 30 hours into the game, I have done a few sidequest's and
the mechons just invaded Alcamoth and the cut scene just ended.

JulianImp

How much game do I have left?

I am 30 hours into the game, I have done a few sidequest's and
the mechons just invaded Alcamoth and the cut scene just ended.

I'd like you to remain unspoiled, but if you really want to know:
I'd say slightly below the halfway point of the storyline

Insaniac

I'd really like to play this on Dolphin in HD, but I don't know how to go about acquiring it, i assume discussing downloading the .iso is bannable?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd really like to play this on Dolphin in HD, but I don't know how to go about acquiring it, i assume discussing downloading the .iso is bannable?
Mod your Wii and install the USB loader or cleaneip. Cleanrip is nice since you can use it to rip GCN games too.

Top Bottom